00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HPinky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

229,607 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-09 21:40:06

At 9/9/07 09:33 PM, alicetheDroog wrote: So good people can do no wrong?

A good philosophy can't create / justify evil.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-09 23:16:02

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-10 00:31:05

holy fucking shit im a hardcore atheist. Im in!

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-10 06:43:42

At 9/9/07 11:16 PM, Ursine wrote: lulz

By definition, there is no such thing as a fundamentalist atheist. It's a stunning accusation. Like MortifiedPenguins saying that e-arguers are as bas as the Westboro Baptist Church.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-10 06:48:22

At 9/9/07 11:16 PM, Ursine wrote: lulz

lol clutching at straws

a website that denies evolution too

lol perhaps they should pick up a fucking book

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-10 21:27:17

Yeah I checked it out too, I totally agree, you took the words right out of my mouth.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-10 23:24:31

this is old and i'm sure you've all seen it, but if you haven't, make sure you illegally download the documentary "Jesus Camp" to see how fucked up religion can really be.

Xbox Live gt: blindnil

Full Tilt sn: blindnil9

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-11 00:37:03

At 9/10/07 11:24 PM, blindnil wrote: this is old and i'm sure you've all seen it, but if you haven't, make sure you illegally download the documentary "Jesus Camp" to see how fucked up religion can really be.

those assholes are just brainwashing the kids. they dont know anything else, so they believe in the first thing someone tells them.
i dont get why there's religion in the world. why do we need some stupid ass ideas to understand why were here? religion is nothing but a placebo (its all mental, there's no other force that works behind it)

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-11 20:20:09

At 9/10/07 11:24 PM, blindnil wrote: this is old and i'm sure you've all seen it, but if you haven't, make sure you illegally download the documentary "Jesus Camp" to see how fucked up religion can really be.

Ha! I dont even need a downloaded video to see that

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-11 20:41:24

I remember watching with my brother like 6 months ago.
HARRY POTTER IS THE DEVIL.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-11 22:59:15

haven't seen it yet, but from what i read on wiki, it's a load of bull. What the hell are they doing to those kids man? That's just messed the fuck up, i tell you what.

People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-12 08:29:59

I havn't seen it. I was actually avoiding it. But now that you've mentioned it I'm going to watch it.

However TV-link hasn't got it.

any suggestions?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-12 09:01:02

At 9/12/07 08:29 AM, Brick-top wrote:
I havn't seen it. I was actually avoiding it. But now that you've mentioned it I'm going to watch it.

However TV-link hasn't got it.

any suggestions?

You can get it on a torrent. Good movie, a little scary maybe, but they could've made it less so if they'd changed the tone of it. Crazy evangelical schoolkids crying and feeling worthless under God basically.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-12 11:22:34

At 9/12/07 09:01 AM, Earfetish wrote: You can get it on a torrent. Good movie, a little scary maybe, but they could've made it less so if they'd changed the tone of it. Crazy evangelical schoolkids crying and feeling worthless under God basically.

Ok, but I need to go back to work in 20 minutes so I'll give it a go after then :)

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-13 10:46:57

GUYS!!!!

I didn't watch Jesus Camp, I watch something much, much funnier. You know the singer Lily Allen? Well her dad intervewed the Phelps family and found a really interesting secret about the bastards.

Heres the link

It runs for about 40mins.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-13 12:09:51

At 9/13/07 10:46 AM, Brick-top wrote: GUYS!!!!

I didn't watch Jesus Camp, I watch something much, much funnier. You know the singer Lily Allen? Well her dad intervewed the Phelps family and found a really interesting secret about the bastards.

Heres the link

Wait, Westboro Baptist Church......is that the church where about 90% of the members are family and they're against blacks, jew, gays, and people like that? I remember seeing something a while ago on an internet video clip about a church that was against what I listed and it was on a news interview with the mother of the family that runs it and they kept telling her how bad her religion is. They basically kept scolding her about her religion thay she started. Am I thinking of the same thing you posted?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-13 12:21:15

At 9/13/07 12:09 PM, GoldOps018 wrote:
At 9/13/07 10:46 AM, Brick-top wrote: GUYS!!!!

Heres the link

Wait, Westboro Baptist Church......is that the church where about 90% of the members are family and they're against blacks, jew, gays, and people like that? I remember seeing something a while ago on an internet video clip about a church that was against what I listed and it was on a news interview with the mother of the family that runs it and they kept telling her how bad her religion is. They basically kept scolding her about her religion thay she started. Am I thinking of the same thing you posted?

Yep, pretty much. But it confirms that one of the family members commited a REALLLY, REALLY bad sin and thinks it's ok but Blacks, Jews, Gays etc are all bad.

And it has some funny arguments in it too.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-13 14:39:32

That was very entertaining, the Westboro Baptist Church always love the publicity but that's a good revelation about Shirley Phelps Roper, the sexy bitch.

btw atheists are now 1000 posts closer to taking over the world.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-13 21:25:44

I have a question "does being an atheist mean believing there is no god?" if so what do you guys think about aesthetic religions?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-13 23:03:05

At 9/13/07 09:25 PM, vgfa287 wrote: I have a question "does being an atheist mean believing there is no god?" if so what do you guys think about aesthetic religions?

Yes and I dont know what aesthetic religions are but if they involve worshipping or believing in basically any mythological beings like god, satan, buddah, etc...then we think that there is no such thing as the gods you possibly worship and believe in. Besides that we just dont believe in any religion so it doesnt really matter if those religions believe in mythological beings or not we still dont believe in them because they're religions. So yeah that's what we think we dont believe in them because they're religions.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-14 00:47:59

in the words of the great Keith Allen: thank god im an atheist

People take many different roads to find happiness. Just because they don't follow the road you're on does not mean they are lost. -- Dalai Lama

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-14 11:42:06

At 9/13/07 09:25 PM, vgfa287 wrote: I have a question "does being an atheist mean believing there is no god?" if so what do you guys think about aesthetic religions?

I*t's still all superstition and shit about the afterlife and bollocks.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-14 16:29:31

I think the people of the Westboro Baptist Church should be anal raped by gay people and then the gay people that rape them should slit their throats, lol. Even though I'm an atheist those people must be so annoying to the other people that are not apart of that church that live in that town. They have no right to piss other religions off and protest outside of soldiers funerals, the bastards should all die. Next thing you know we're going to have Westboro Baptist Church members on Newgrounds and other forum websites.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-14 19:14:39

At 9/14/07 06:53 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote: I sometimes consider myself to be agnostic, because, yes, I'm afraid of dying.

It's gonna happen anyway. It's pretty good to accept the finality of death because it makes life more precious and special and important.

Loads of things could've gone wrong for me not to be here, like it was a fucking long shot as a sperm, and it was a long shot for my mum and dad too, and for some woman who lived thousands of years ago, but one day I was conceived, and later born, and got the insanely lucky chance to experience life, and intelligent life no less. Out of phenomenal chance, I occurred, and between two long voids of nothingness, I got to look around and appreciate the world; I got to eat food and drink beer and smoke weed and trip and look at beautiful scenery and beautiful women, I got to feel pain and lust and love and desperation and agony and depression, I got to take a massive shit that I needed, have sex, wank, feel pleasure and shame, listen to music, and do so many crazy things that are fucking fantastic.

Also, I was lucky enough to have been born in 1988, where I could get everything on demand, and the chances are that when I die life will be even more amazing. I get to be a human, in 2007, on the internet, drinking beer and listening to death metal, and I even get to go on a plane and go to New York and Malaysia and go to concerts and do pretty much anything I want.

It may well be that the only reason that I think the Earth is so good is because my species has evolved in line with the Earth's features and therefore appreciate the Earth, but that's all thanks to the majesty of evolution, and that's a concept many atheists hold dear to their heart, as it is pretty fascinating.

I am aware that I have only got this one shot, and I was very lucky for getting it because it was sheer chance, but here I am, fucking madly fortunately, like beyond belief, and when I die that's it all over, so I've got a phenomenal appreciation for every moment, really, wasted or not, at least it was experienced.

I see why you'd feel good thinking that God put you here and will take you back, or you were reincarnated and you live forever, but it's like you're missing so much out of life. And you really do only get the one, and you're lucky if you get more than 70 years.

You'd be lucky if you got more than 6 years if you lived a few centuries ago, too.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-15 01:02:03

beautiful. You win at life fetish.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-15 16:22:38

WE ARE ALL DUMB APES
There are no facts to prove that there is no god. I hate how scientist believe what they say is final. science has been wrong before. Infact we should all say: "I dont know" because its true. So stop this stupid elite-ist attitude. We should all just get along, and face the fact that we are only simple low-life organisms that happen to live in this large vastness of space.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-15 17:15:36

At 9/15/07 04:22 PM, OrangeBase wrote: WE ARE ALL DUMB APES
There are no facts to prove that there is no god. I hate how scientist believe what they say is final. science has been wrong before. Infact we should all say: "I dont know" because its true. So stop this stupid elite-ist attitude. We should all just get along, and face the fact that we are only simple low-life organisms that happen to live in this large vastness of space.

Ohhhh where do I start? Lets see, it's not apes it's primates you jackass. How many scientists do you know say it's final? Scientists have been wrong before on so many things, but religion has been wrong on so many more things. Especially contradictions, look at this. I had no idea it was so many.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-15 22:25:46

you stupid jackass. scientists never ever say something is final unless it really is. They are always reworking ideas as new facts and theories come into the light. Don't ever try to insult intelligence. Also, elite? Who here has ever tried to act like an elitest.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-15 23:12:16

Let me rephrase your response OrangeBase:

There are no facts saying that you should be posting stupid comments in this thread. I hate you. Science has been right more than wrong before. In fact I say "Shut the fuck up" because you're a stupid jackass and its true. So stop this stupid jackass attitude. We should all just tell you to fuck off and face the fact that you are only a low-life organism that happens to be a jackass that no one in this vastness of thread likes from the recent postings.

I think I've made my point, anyone agree?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-09-16 00:03:39

At 9/15/07 11:12 PM, GoldOps018 wrote: I think I've made my point, anyone agree?

Indeed, he was trying to prove a point by using an argument he knows nothing about.

I've just thought of something (shocking) every time someone spams this thread saying 'ur gonna fry in hell-a!' and then take this quote and spam religious threads blaming the spammers.

But then we'd be called trolls looking for an argument lol

ironic