00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

229,682 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 11:20:04

At 8/22/06 10:49 AM, Mick_the_champion wrote:
At 8/22/06 09:29 AM, Hydra9 wrote: I wish to join! The thought of God is illogical and impossible!
Oh right, the thought that some higher being triggered the scientific expanding of space is soooooooo illogical and impossible.

No I find its existence; I mean if this god exists is it a being or a force? If it’s a force it has no imagination so how could it create the world, universe and even think of an after life. If it is a being how did it come into existence? And also how could it exist before time or space.

You see the wine bottle? It WAS full!

Spore Club- The best game in production. Join.

I am the Hydra cut off my head two come back. That's a lot of bad teeth.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 11:48:52

At 8/22/06 10:49 AM, Mick_the_champion wrote: Oh right, the thought that some higher being triggered the scientific expanding of space is soooooooo illogical and impossible.

That's not really 'God' in anyone's definition though - some distant creator who doesn't care or even did it accidentally doesn't feel like a God to me. When I think 'God' I think omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent....

Although I don't think a higher being triggered the Big Bang anyway.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 12:09:16

I'm sure I've said this here before, but for those of you who missed it - you need to stop conceptualising religion as something like a scientific theory. It is not. It's not logical, it isn't proved by a calculated form of reasoning, and quite often makes no sense at all.
But a lot of us still believe in it. In my mind the ultimate anti-atheist argument is simply to provide them with a scientific thinker who is aware of the arguments, and believes anyway.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 12:15:05

But SOAS that is like believing in Santa when you know that he cant possibly go to all those Houses in one night.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 12:36:30

At 8/22/06 12:32 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote:
At 8/22/06 12:15 PM, Hydra9 wrote: But SOAS that is like believing in Santa when you know that he cant possibly go to all those Houses in one night.
No it's not, it's possible that a Higher Being triggered the Big Bang. You can't deny that - it is possible.

Yes it is like Santa being able to stop time to do it. It is Possible, but I suppose if you choose to believe in God that is your choice I just find it impossible in my personal view. Ok well maybe i shouldnt have used the word impossible...improbable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 13:19:58

Nearly every second post is by Mick_the_champion, which I think is worrying..Don't you have better things to do?

Just wondering man, not insulting you or anything

Know Your Onion!

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 13:19:59

At 8/22/06 12:57 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote:
At 8/22/06 12:36 PM, Hydra9 wrote:
Yes it is like Santa being able to stop time to do it.
No! Nothing like that at all - admit that a Higher form of being, or energy if you will, is one of the possible forces behind the Big Bang!

What? How could a higher life form even exist back when there was no space or time? I suppose a force could make a reaction but it could not do it on purpose!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 13:31:11

At 8/22/06 01:22 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote:
Oh, so now you're saying the spectre of human knowledge is the be all and end all? There's NOTHING we don't know?

Come to think of it, there are precious few things we can know for sure. We forge our personal views, goals and moral based on what we perceive, usually with other people as an example. Books, for instance. If we require experience to design anything, how could a universal force, something that has yet to be proven, be capable of creating existence itself? There is no reason or motivation whatsoever to believe that there actually is a deity, whether it's a universal force or an omniscient, omniconscious being, usually represented as the incarnation of good. You ight as well belief in fairy tales or magic. It has exacty the same bases of belief (books and stories), yet you are unable to personally experience any of it. I have never witnessed anything suggesting the existence of a divine being, and I highly doubt that I ever will. And it suits me fine. I for one, believe in nothing, and I'm gld about it. Saves me a lot of dogmatic bullshit.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 13:35:51

At 8/22/06 01:22 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote:
At 8/22/06 01:19 PM, Hydra9 wrote:
What? How could a higher life form even exist back when there was no space or time? I suppose a force could make a reaction but it could not do it on purpose!
Oh, so now you're saying the spectre of human knowledge is the be all and end all? There's NOTHING we don't know?

No...I’m just saying that to the human knowledge existing without time and Space is impossible and until proven otherwise I am an Atheist.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 14:49:48

At 8/22/06 01:31 PM, Athlas wrote:
You ight as well belief in fairy tales or magic. It has exacty the same bases of belief (books and stories), yet you are unable to personally experience any of it. I have never witnessed anything suggesting the existence of a divine being, and I highly doubt that I ever will.

You're still doing it.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 15:06:46

I want to join. I don't think I'll be finding a "savior" anytime soon.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 15:12:48

God hasn't done jack for me, I'll join!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 18:30:30

At 8/22/06 02:49 PM, SoapOnAString wrote:
You're still doing it.

I'm still doing what???

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 19:01:16

i am an atheist but also an evolutionist. i think religion is one of the biggest downfalls in the way life should be lived. we are all animals and shouldnt have to worry about answering to any authority. survival of the fittest i would really like to meet some cool people and be a friend in this group.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 19:26:38

At 8/22/06 06:30 PM, Athlas wrote:
I'm still doing what???

See my previous post.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 20:00:20

I'm so in this, i'm not someone who holds the answers to lifes great questions and to be honest, i don't ever want humanity to know them, because what will we ask after we know everything?

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 20:39:58

Im in this for sure. I see no proof for gods existance and more proof for the idea that he dosent.

The names Food, WillPostForFood.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 20:58:54

At 8/22/06 03:12 PM, TheSovereign wrote: God hasn't done jack for me, I'll join!

Yes because that whole, sending part of himself to die for our sins, completely nothing.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 21:00:45

At 8/22/06 08:58 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
At 8/22/06 03:12 PM, TheSovereign wrote: God hasn't done jack for me, I'll join!
Yes because that whole, sending part of himself to die for our sins, completely nothing.

Completely nothing..Because as far as im concerned, Jesus wasnt any part of God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-22 21:26:14

At 8/22/06 09:00 PM, WillPostForFood wrote:
At 8/22/06 08:58 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
At 8/22/06 03:12 PM, TheSovereign wrote:
Completely nothing..Because as far as im concerned, Jesus wasnt any part of God.

Then it seems were at an impass, doesn't it.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-23 17:22:46

At 8/23/06 12:53 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote:
Yes, we should also roll around in our own fecal matter and worship the sun.

Yes because thats relevent to anything he said.

Either way what he said seemed to be plagued with the 'rebelling teen' attitude.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-23 17:36:59

I think a In part of our first law package layed down when we seize power would be to ban the phrase "Oh, my god!" from all society. For those athiest saying "Oh, my god" would make no sense what so ever due to the lack of faith from that person.
Secondly all those that appose truth and are forced to wear crosses/stars/other religious symbols that say "Oh, my god!" Will be blaspheming, so there would be no point In having a religion.

Thoughts?

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-23 17:40:07

At 8/23/06 05:36 PM, FeargusMcDuff wrote: I think a In part of our first law package layed down when we seize power would be to ban the phrase "Oh, my god!" from all society. For those athiest saying "Oh, my god" would make no sense what so ever due to the lack of faith from that person.

It has left the world of simple blashpemy to become a term of complete and utter suprise.

Secondly all those that appose truth and are forced to wear crosses/stars/other religious symbols that say "Oh, my god!" Will be blaspheming, so there would be no point In having a religion.

Thoughts?

Because people sin, there should be no religion.

I like your logic there.

Because there is disease, there shouldn't be medicine, because there is war, there shouldn't be peace.

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-23 18:12:18

At 8/23/06 05:22 PM, WillPostForFood wrote:
At 8/23/06 12:53 PM, Mick_the_champion wrote:
Yes, we should also roll around in our own fecal matter and worship the sun.
Yes because thats relevent to anything he said.

Yes because he did say we are just animals and animals do do that. So yes it was relevent to point out the flaw in his logic.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-23 19:47:05

At 8/22/06 07:26 PM, SoapOnAString wrote:
At 8/22/06 06:30 PM, Athlas wrote:
I'm still doing what???
See my previous post.

Still not getting it.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-23 20:04:57

You seem to be an athiest army (lol) one question how do you feel about religion?

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-23 20:47:30

Sorry read the first page damn have some respect its stereotypes like that that make athiests the most untrusted minority in america you guys need massive reform.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-25 02:32:39

Hello, I would like to join the army please. I have not fully completed reading the entire history of this army in it's entirety yet, but do not fear, I will have it completed in a few days time. I have actually been looking for a place to "vent my anger" at religion as it were for a while now, and I do not think that my friend's ears is the best place for that. Please welcome with with open arms because there is no god to do for for you and even if there were I would not welcome his/her/their incorporal being/s to invade my non-believing personal space. Thank you.

P.S. I am not usually this formal, just thought I would try it on for size.

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-25 17:44:10

What is your reasoning for this whole "there's no God" business??? prove it.

Leader of the NG Communist Regime Forum

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2006-08-26 18:35:24

At 8/25/06 05:44 PM, SovietClock wrote: What is your reasoning for this whole "there's no God" business??? prove it.

Have you actualy read ANY of the posts on this thread?