00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,898 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-16 22:39:52

Well damn, the robot looks sweet, but I'm not so sure if I like the paper style background and buildings. It doesn't really fit with anything else, and makes the robot look out of place. But if anyone else likes it, go ahead and keep it, 'cause what do I know?

And yeah the flash 8 should be fine...

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 00:08:15

At 12/16/05 10:39 PM, dusty_h wrote: Well damn, the robot looks sweet, but I'm not so sure if I like the paper style background and buildings. It doesn't really fit with anything else, and makes the robot look out of place. But if anyone else likes it, go ahead and keep it, 'cause what do I know?

I appreciate the comment but I kinda did the paper thing to make the robot look out of place on purpose. I dunno, it was my stupid brain thinking that it was cool. I'll change it if other people agree with you. I originally had it a lot darker looking with like dark puffs of smoke everywhere, but then i realized how much the file size was flipping out so it didn't really work out. Cuz even if you can compress it and crap, I don't think anyone would agree to a 1mb 5sec. clip.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 09:08:15

Hmm i think that filler is ok, but i suggest you make some sort of background...everything is a bit too white and might clash with something else.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 09:58:06

ehh, it's good to see this is back up again, there was a problem with the list and with part 13 already taken before buzzword, but thats being fixed now. Staroger will be upadateing soon, (as soon as buzzword comes on).

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 16:14:25

WOOT THE ABOVE POST IS POST 1,000 FOR ME YAY! I always forget to put that... Ù_Ù

NEW LIST!

I kicked Wogoat and Fierras out because they are uncontactable and have been out for a loooooooong tiiiiiiiiiime.

And have added and switched a couple things around.

Part1 ART_TRON HAVE
Part2 RamsesThePigeon HAVE
Part3 TOXICBOMB 20 seconds - working on it...hopefully...
Part4 buzzwerd 20 seconds - working on it...hopefully...
Part5 animatorjones 15 seconds - it's finished but haven't gotten the file yet
Part6 MC_Booga HAVE
Part7 FlashKid HAVE
Part8 Mogly 15 seconds - on other computer, still has to finish a bit
Part9 Astropuff HAVE
Part10 Jacksmack 20 seconds - finishing it up
Part11&12 RAWR_Drawings HAVE
Part13 Flashkid 15 seconds - on other computer, just needs to be sent
Part14 ***FILLER*** 15 seconds - i plan to use filler for this section
Part15 BrandonPClark HAVE
Part16 RANTish HAVE
Part17 Starogre HAVE
Part18 Dusty_h HAVE
Part19 Tystarr 14 seconds - still finishing up
Part20 Hellraiser 15 seconds - will start soon, has an animatic
Part21 -Neeko- HAVE

I plan to use all filler for part number 14. I think it will look good since it is near the middle of the movie.

Hellraiser, buzzwerd, and toxicbomb have all just started.

Mogly's part, animatorjones' part, and flashkid's part 13 are both on different computers so I should be able to get them in a timely manner.

Tystarr is finishing his up still, and so is Mogly.

RAWR, wiith your filler, make sure you add more frame by frame somehow.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 16:33:34

oh, yeah, i got part 4 now. And i did a very bad animatic.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 16:44:40

err..ehhm..er.eek ehh my..um dog ate it..?

just kidding. will be done soon. before the unstarted ones are finished atleast.

anyone thought of asking luis by the way? He said he liked the song.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 17:30:07

Hey guys, back with my new and improved updated filler. I made it a whole lot more action packed, and i made it darker. I kept all your comments in mind and hopefully this is better, because i personally think it is.

Sexily Improved Filler

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 17:40:52

That filler is so cool but i liked it a lil better b4 cuz now it lagz a lil on my comp..(stupid new slower motherboard)..oh, and for my progress I'm almost done.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 17:54:29

Cool.

RAWR, I like yours, but I still think the paper things don't really fit that well...I like the paper idea, but i think its fine the way it is. Its just that there is something missing with the buildings...i donno. Just make only the first blast though. Each filler should only be a few seconds long, I think.

I think it's fine.

Good luck everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 17:56:24

hey if you wanted im pretty good at drawing anime or whatever so i could do the filler in a paper style....thats if you want(and it wont take long)

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 18:29:55

Ok, this is my final copy, beyond this point I'm not making any serious changes. I shortened it and it only has the first laser now. Starogre, just tell me to send it to you if there aren't any more crucial changes.

PS: I'm really glad we're finally finishing this!

Mech Filler Final

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 21:48:07

Ok, I've inserted each person's part, but they aren't synced yet becuase I need all the parts in between to do so.

So far it is all workin out.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 21:53:32

At 12/17/05 06:29 PM, RAWR_Drawings wrote: Ok, this is my final copy, beyond this point I'm not making any serious changes. I shortened it and it only has the first laser now. Starogre, just tell me to send it to you if there aren't any more crucial changes.

PS: I'm really glad we're finally finishing this!

Mech Filler Final

ok so thats tight aas hell, i rilly love the paper thing, its a nice change of pace, i also like the adding of the rockets, COOL COOL!!!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-17 21:55:36

Oh, by the way, RAWR, do you want me to change the quality to low at your part? then change it back to high afterwards? I personally think it looks the same as high quality, just more smooth and faster and better :P

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-18 00:23:07

At 12/17/05 09:55 PM, Starogre wrote: Oh, by the way, RAWR, do you want me to change the quality to low at your part? then change it back to high afterwards? I personally think it looks the same as high quality, just more smooth and faster and better :P

Yea, defenitely, even on my fast ass computer the filler moves real slow, so I reccomend lowering the quality. Besides, if we had it at fast quality, the music syncing would probably get messed up. And I assume I'll be sending the part over AIM, correct? If not, I'll send you by e-mail or whatever. Just gimme a reply.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-18 14:38:01

You're never on AIM =_=...

And ya, I know a good way to keep everything synced nearer to the end. Putting the music in a movie clip and putting the MC on the stage works fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-19 06:13:08

Alright, I'll be trying to send the file over to starogre again when he comes back on which should be at 3 am in the morning my time... lol....

If everyone is ok with this can I add this really cool 3D scene for extras page, the robot thing is swinging around this 3D city scape... The file size... but it's ok it'd probably be about 6 megs about now any way? right starogre?

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-19 06:17:30

Sorry for double post but RAWR, your filler world be 300% better if it didn't have those paper buildings in, for so many reasons:

It's out of place
It makes it lag for slower computers
It doesn't look all too inspiring
It looses it's atmosphere
It doesn't it everyone elses theme
It totally screws up the fact you've got the coolest robot and boom effects
It would be increadibly good if it fitted with the theme

So please take out the paper and put in some really nice atmospheric sexy stuff like your robot and rockets it would make it so many times better.

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-19 20:51:03

Hey flashkid, about the 3d robot/cityscape thing, I'd like you to do that, but not just for a thing in the extras, but to be integrated as a part of the menu. I wanna make the menu to show the full efforts and effects featured in the main movie. Email or IM me if you need to.
Also, for everyone who is starting to work and such, don't feel too hurried. I don't have any say in it, but I'm expecting this to release either late January or February, maybe later (end of the month is always best time to submit), and since this is the holiday season, alot of us are all pretty busy anyway (including me), and I'd like to escape the Christmas submissions.
Finally, if anyone does have anything they would like to submit for the extra's section on the menu (scratched ideas, animatics, sketches, etc.), email it to either me or starogre and I'll give it a home.
Thanks.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-19 21:45:50

If i'm allowed, i'll try. I only have experience with frame by frame anyway. Sound good?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-19 21:47:27

srry wrong post.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-19 21:59:46

I came here in the begining, quit, and now I'm reentering. I'll take my old part, Line 13. I have the music already, and I'll get to work on it now.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-19 22:16:18

At 12/19/05 09:59 PM, True_Darkness wrote: I came here in the begining, quit, and now I'm reentering. I'll take my old part, Line 13. I have the music already, and I'll get to work on it now.

Sorry no more parts left... I already finished part 13 anyway

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-20 00:04:27

menu
heres the menu,
I'm not sure if I like it...do you?

Your path is dark.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-20 01:00:59

At 12/20/05 12:04 AM, FlashKid wrote: menu
heres the menu,

It moves a bit too jerky, being more distracting than cool to me. Can you up the frame rate on that? And there's also an issue with the buildings spazzing into colors mid cycle. Like one side will flicker black for a split second.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-20 06:29:48

At 12/20/05 01:00 AM, Astropuff wrote:
At 12/20/05 12:04 AM, FlashKid wrote: menu
heres the menu,
It moves a bit too jerky, being more distracting than cool to me. Can you up the frame rate on that? And there's also an issue with the buildings spazzing into colors mid cycle. Like one side will flicker black for a split second.

Ya, same here. You'll probably have to fix it up a bit. Is that dusty's menu or no?

I think the menu graphics should look all high tech and what not.

And True Darkness, Flashkid already did part 13 awhile back, sorry for the misunderstood list.

NEW LIST - Hellraiser dropped out so TD, you can take part 20 if you wish.

Part1 ART_TRON HAVE
Part2 RamsesThePigeon HAVE
Part3 TOXICBOMB 20 seconds - working on it...hopefully...
Part4 buzzwerd 20 seconds - working on it...hopefully...
Part5 animatorjones 15 seconds - it's finished but haven't gotten the file yet
Part6 MC_Booga HAVE
Part7 FlashKid HAVE
Part8 Mogly 15 seconds - on other computer, still has to finish a bit
Part9 Astropuff HAVE
Part10 Jacksmack 20 seconds - finishing it up
Part11&12 RAWR_Drawings HAVE
Part13 Flashkid 15 seconds - wierd file format, that no flash could open, resend please
Part14 ***FILLER*** 15 seconds - i plan to use filler for this section
Part15 BrandonPClark HAVE
Part16 RANTish HAVE
Part17 Starogre HAVE
Part18 Dusty_h HAVE
Part19 Tystarr 14 seconds - still finishing up
Part20 NOT TAKEN 15 seconds - see me if you wish to do this part
Part21 -Neeko- HAVE

AIM-starogre
Email-starogreATcomcastDOTnet

Flashkid, please try and resend those parts on AIM, next time we meet up again.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-20 06:31:42

And, flashkid, I am not sure what the filesize is yet, I can't tell from the numerous parts that aren't in yet.

GET THOSE PARTS IN! YOU'VE HAD LIKE 7 MONTHS!

</impatience>

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-20 15:41:22

filler is to fill small inbetween parts, i dont like the idea of using filler for a whole part.

plus the peices wont fit together right, it will suddenly have different styles and what not rotating around rather quickly.

surely someone can take that part, not someone already in.

the menu
i like it, but i had a small idea..

add a little fade transition between each frame, or if that would take to long (ask me, i know an easy way) duplicate the background and have one running a frame behind at a lower alpha, you get what i mean.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-12-20 16:16:00

Hi Starogre, I recently sent you an email and I'm not sure that you got it. Please tell me if you did, it was from Martin.Sundequist@gmail.com