00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Echo6261 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Altered Reality Colab

69,897 Views | 1,732 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 21:34:24

At 8/7/05 09:28 PM, RANTish wrote: thanks for the advice dude and i think youre part looks like its gunna be riilly cool
just 1 question what are saturated colors, and do you think the robot looks fine?

thanks. you can saturate your colours by editing your colour (click the little symbol in the colour box(top right hand corner) and then lower the saturation. basically lowering it makes the colours less newby (as in newbs just use colours off the colour box, therefore they get overused).

also i like the robot but he looks a bit plain. it reminds me of the first robot in Alien Hominid (flash edtn)

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 21:35:26

Make the characters detailed more if you're gonna trace them. Since you had time saved tracing, you should use that other time to spend on detailing.

Saturated colors mean taking the color out of a color. Press Shift+F9 and look at your color pallette. The farther south you go, the less saturated colors. Hope that helps. Thanks for the compliment on mine. I'm gonna try and finish the bg's tomorrow. Cya all's later.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 21:44:56

not to be a d bag but what color would you suggest

Altered Reality Colab

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 21:51:16

At 8/7/05 09:15 PM, ForeverFades44 wrote: are there any open spots?

there might be in a few days... but judging from your one flash movie that you have on NG you might not be able to join. if you have any better work I will gladly reconsider though.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 22:15:46

Gah...another day of no work for me...I've been gone pretty much all day...annoying as hell...I really need to get working hard on this. -Snare-, hurry up with that animatic.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 22:35:03

The list... Anyone with out thier animatic is Questionable.

We might be clearing alot of the list and pushing back release, I know no one wants to hear about delays... but they happen. Look on the bright side you get a chance to do more than one part if you want to. If you get your first part done.

If you would like to do another part after your first one is done tell me and I'll try to save you a spot. From here on. I'm only letting KICK ASS people in the collab. No NOOBs... sorry everyone out there but I've got to go for quality over quantity.

Here is the list again... if you are Questionable you need to get in touch with me either by replying to the email I sent or emailing me at Jack@jacksmack.com... OR posting on the forum.

Part1 Dusty_h Animatic Needs refinement.

Part2 Buzzwerd No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.

Part3 -Aztec- No Animatic Yet Kinda Questionable waiting on snare.

Part4 -snare- No Animatic Yet Questionable teamed up but few updates.

Part5 paoloproduction No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.

Part6 MC_Booga No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.

Part7 FlashKid Animatic Solid work keep it up.

Part8 Mogly Animatic Solid start want to see more.

Part9 Astropuff No Animatic Yet Solid start want to see more.

Part10 Jacksmack Animatic Sucks majorly.

Part11&12 AppleT No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.

Part13 True_Darkness Animatic Restarting his animation.

Part14 Project_Stasis Animatic Solid start want to see more.

Part15 Sims_freak Animatic Not updating much... you still working?

Part16 RANTish Animatic Restarting animation.

Part17 Starogre Animatic Strong start want to see more.

Part18 Fafara No Animatic Yet Questionable... little contact.

Part19 Tystarr Animatic Solid start want to see more.

Part20 craze3 No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.

Part21 -Neeko- No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.

The DEADLINE for animatics is the 10th... Get them to me or you might be looked at as dead weight compared to the guys who are busting thier humps to make great pieces of work.

It's not fair to the good guys in the collab to let someone who just breezes through not caring enough to be a part of the team be a part of the finished collab.

IF you have a VALID reason why you can't make a quick animatic... and seeing as it's 30 second slideshow that would be pretty hard... (like missing both arms or in a coma hard.) I will give you up to 3 days past the deadline to get it in. after that if you want back in you will have to do an absolute no way anyone would vote less than 5 animation to get back in.

Yep I'm an ass some times. Don't hate me... If you are reading this post at least you care enough to look at what everyone is doing.

If you posted an animatic and you are marked as questionable I'm sorry I might have missed it. Please just repost your animatic for me.

Well that's a long enough post.
Jack.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 22:59:36

i'll post an animatic just 30 seconds? k i'll have it done by the tenth oh and I recall astropuff did do an animatic.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 23:25:38

hey JS. Ill try and get your stuff in tonight. I'm going camping tomorrow and will be back on thursday. If the second to last spot doenst reply, id like to make a request to fill that in too.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 23:39:48

I'm out.. Someone take my part!

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 23:53:13

Slightly updated runnin cycle..next da jump and Roll and background.

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 23:54:35

At 8/7/05 11:53 PM, Tystarr wrote: Slightly updated runnin cycle..next da jump and Roll and background.

Damn forgot the link
http://img116.images..e=runnindude29wr.swf

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 23:54:35

Part1 Dusty_h Animatic Needs refinement.
Part2 Buzzwerd No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.
Part3 -Aztec- No Animatic Yet Kinda Questionable waiting on snare.
Part4 -snare- No Animatic Yet Questionable teamed up but few updates.
Part5 paoloproduction No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.
Part6 MC_Booga No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.
Part7 FlashKid Animatic Solid work keep it up.
Part8 Mogly Animatic Solid start want to see more.
Part9 Astropuff Animatic Solid start want to see more.
Part10 Jacksmack Animatic Sucks majorly.
Part11&12 AppleT No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.
Part13 True_Darkness Animatic Restarting his animation.
Part14 Project_Stasis Animatic Solid start want to see more.
Part15 Sims_freak Animatic Not updating much... you still working?
Part16 RANTish Animatic Restarting animation.
Part17 Starogre Animatic Strong start want to see more.
Part18 NOT TAKEN No Animatic Yet
Part19 Tystarr Animatic Solid start want to see more.
Part20 craze3 No Animatic Yet Questionable... no contact.
Part21 -Neeko- No Animatic Yet Needs animatic asap

Special Thanks in movie credits:
Fafara (for stepping out on his own)

GigaFox: Do you have any samples of your work? I have to be able to see you know what you are doing before I can accept you. sorry. just post your most kick ass stuff here thanks.

-Neeko-: I like the fact you want to do more than one but it's a rule that no one artist will be able to get two back to back parts... I made an exception on the two 10 second parts for appleT... cause they were so short. you are the parting shot so you have a major part to play. There will be other parts later but for now focus on making that last piece ultra nice. Thanks.

If anyone can get in touch with one of the questionables and see if they still want to be in please do... they arn't responding to my emails.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-07 23:56:22

OH YEAH! sorry but forgot one thing... I helped out Rantish by making an animatic for him. the work he has done up to this point will be included in the special features.

here is a link. I don't think it's bad for 10 seconds.
http://img16.imagesh..=rantanimatic6ee.swf

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 00:55:05

ok I made 10 seconds of my demo thing.

http://img169.images..ge=sketchdemo5cj.swf

the other 20 will consist of him making it to the top.

the robot jumping up

and him kicking a small bulding top water tower at the robot

then the robot falls and appears dead but then it gets up.
is mine good enough to be in?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 00:57:09

here is my submission for an attempt at part18.

http://img11.imagesh..krobotscene185qc.swf

Ill post 21 in a bit.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 01:50:09

here is my thought on part 21.

http://img323.images..krobotscene215dq.swf

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 03:17:44

Neeko, I like the idea for the end of having him merge with the robot. If done well that would be a great ending.

The other one is an attempt but you are working on the very last piece and I would really like you to do a bang up job.

If when you get that part finished completely you want to do another part that's fine.

But I am not going to give out two parts at a time except for the two 10 seconds that are right next to each other.

I really do like your idea for the other one... more than likely you will wind up doing it but I can't promise anything. If you like you can do 18 and give someone else the end later.

That is your choice. so 18 or 21?

gigafox... I know you put some time and effort into that animatic. but I still haven't seen any samples of finished animations from you. If you have any frame by frame work that you have done I would love to see it. If you don't have any other work to show I'm afraid I will have to pass.

Please don't hate me. I'm just thinking about the team I already have in place.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 06:55:38

I'll work on 21 and post more updates as I go along.

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 07:19:55

Finished Animatic.
http://img289.images..=robotzscene17de.swf

Still not entirely sure about the very last part with the guy running away, might pick a different view, such as him running at the camera (with strobing background replaced by bullet animations).

Now I'm off to animate t he robot, and if I have time, a poorly animated human since my people skills are rather low and newbish :P

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 07:26:01

Rantish- Mogly is suggesting you use more saturated colors, which means make all your colors more saturated, not pick out different colors.

Animaticationers- Good jorb so far!

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 07:40:43

At 8/8/05 07:19 AM, Astropuff wrote:

astro puff AIM/MSN me, i need to talk to you about the begining of your part syncing with mine.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 10:35:41

can any one help me with intigrating photoshop textures into flash

Altered Reality Colab

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 10:38:30

just use it either as a bitmap or jpeg or just go to Modify>Bitmap>Trace Bitmap, to convert it to vectors. Be carefull with your settings though because this can quite easily make your computer crash if you set somethings too low or too high.

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 11:00:23

I've also found that sometimes flash closes when copying and pasting so don't do that.

And also, rant, remake your sig, and put it as ur sig, don't keep posting a huge pic >.<

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 11:16:17

thanks guys and this is what i got and im thinking about doing the backrounds with photoshop
]clickit

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 11:26:16

jacksmack i am still working on my part but i have been busy fixing up the backgrounds and making sure i don't run into no character model problems lik i have had with the animatic. i'll update something in the next two days or so

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 12:04:08

At 8/7/05 10:15 PM, -Aztec- wrote: Gah...another day of no work for me...I've been gone pretty much all day...annoying as hell...I really need to get working hard on this. -Snare-, hurry up with that animatic.

http://img286.images..alityanimatic3kr.swf

Jack can you send us our part ( 3, 4 ) in a whole

Then I can space it out and stuff

Aztec, anything I missed?

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 12:04:36

just testen my sig

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 12:40:31

At 8/8/05 12:04 PM, RANTish wrote: just testen my sig

You don't need to post to test ur sig, it appears on every one of ur posts...

-snare- that looks pretty good!

BBS Signature

Response to Altered Reality Colab 2005-08-08 12:51:54

Hey JackSmack, I just need some quick clarification, if you think my animatic needs refining or if the actual animation needs refining (I updated it a bit), and if so, what needs refining? I will be gone for 2 weeks starting today but will be coming back home a few times during those weeks.. anyway I just wanna make everything on my end is good enough. I still have alot of work to do but WILL get it done, and it will be good...