00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spacedoodles just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

+++The Zombie Survival Crew+++

680,583 Views | 14,239 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-13 20:30:28

In regards to exactly when I find out about the infection, wouldn't it be getting SOME sort of news coverage, giving me at least an hour or two in advance, possibly a few days, before the undead come to my location?

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-13 20:40:32

At 12/13/11 08:30 PM, Scarface wrote: In regards to exactly when I find out about the infection, wouldn't it be getting SOME sort of news coverage, giving me at least an hour or two in advance, possibly a few days, before the undead come to my location?

Yeah, maybe a few hours.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-14 06:42:58

At 12/13/11 08:40 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote:
At 12/13/11 08:30 PM, Scarface wrote: In regards to exactly when I find out about the infection, wouldn't it be getting SOME sort of news coverage, giving me at least an hour or two in advance, possibly a few days, before the undead come to my location?
Yeah, maybe a few hours.

So if I live a couple hundred miles away from the Great Lakes, do you think I could make it to a boat?

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-14 13:12:10

At 12/14/11 06:42 AM, Scarface wrote:
At 12/13/11 08:40 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote:
Yeah, maybe a few hours.
So if I live a couple hundred miles away from the Great Lakes, do you think I could make it to a boat?

I really don't think so for reasons that I've explained thousands of times. To do this would meen taking to the roads via vehicle, which is the same mistake thousands of others are making. If zombie movies got anything right it's the crazy traffic jam that turns everyone who is stuck in it dead.

Problem one, traffic will barely be moving with everyone thinking about getting out of there. Problem two, people who don't have a vehicle may kill you to get yours. Problem three, people are bad enough at driving without the rush and panic of a zombie outbreak. I would day taking to the roads like that would result in death over 90% of the time.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-14 13:20:15

Total Agreement, Roads = Dead

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-14 15:48:25

At 12/14/11 01:20 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Total Agreement, Roads = Dead

Very well, then, looks like I'm staying home.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-15 16:41:13

I'm currently making a plan (I have no chance of getting anywhere with it but I'm giving it a try anyway) so I need to ask a few questions. I'll probably ask more when I can remember them though.

Would I be better living in the forest next to my house or traveling up the hill to the farm. There's no way I can barricade the window next to my pc here so I need to travel. It's either that or the attic which I'll come out of every day to water the plants in my garden.

Have any british people or people without guns actually made it into membership? I want to know if I actually have a chance.

Would I be better off with a bow or a melee weapon? If I use the bow I'm very limited on arrows and I only have one bow unless I go into the forest and gather some wood to make more.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-15 17:00:58

I would head to Spanglers Candy Co. they're making the building terrorist proof.

IT'S GONNA RAIN!

I love getting medals. Total medal points: 31,470

I Never log off.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-23 14:34:57

Is this crew dead? I've been planning for a while and I don't really want my plans to go to waste without being checked by experts to make sure I have a chance of not dying. Should I just post my plan and then ask the advice on how to improve it to the point of being allowed to join?

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-24 06:52:29

I HATE PEOPLE WHO SAY ZOMBIES WILL NEVER EXIST i mean what if the army makes a bio-weopons that raizes the dead and makes em eat us
what id do in this situation is have two pistols one incase the other jams carry as many pistol clips i can that won't slow down have a shotgun and machete on my back incase of emergences were there are to many try to find other survivers we'd have to escape secretly the army would probably have all the roads, waterways, and the airspace locked down

first find atleast a melee weapon fight your way( if you can) to other survivers( if you can) then get gun guns then get a car or prefered transport get the best route out for yourself recommend backroads with little traffic get to a dock or airport and secure an escape

I'm a junky without an addiction.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-12-24 15:40:00

Yakoff. No thats a huge failure as a plan refer to the last page and read the whole thing. Make a plan based on the requirements we have stated.

One thing I do have to say. can you fly a Commercial Airline, a Helicopter, or a private jet? If not why the hell would you go to a Massively Zombie and riot infested Airport.Where have the population will go to try and escape.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-01-07 05:42:10

At 2/23/05 03:18 PM, silver-222 wrote: would crossbow and flaming arrow count as close range and non-guns?

don,t use those flamong zombies bad they come at you grab you and now your burning too also only use crossbows on stealth missions like passing throw somewhere un noticed only use as secondary

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-01-07 05:44:39

At 12/24/11 03:40 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Yakoff. No thats a huge failure as a plan refer to the last page and read the whole thing. Make a plan based on the requirements we have stated.

One thing I do have to say. can you fly a Commercial Airline, a Helicopter, or a private jet? If not why the hell would you go to a Massively Zombie and riot infested Airport.Where have the population will go to try and escape.

i know plenty of small air ports with maybe a pop. off about 2000 witch if your smart or well arm and have atleast a couple oof survivers with you would be easily breased through

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-01-15 18:27:50

At 1/7/12 05:44 AM, YackoffSmirnoff wrote:
At 12/24/11 03:40 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Yakoff. No thats a huge failure as a plan refer to the last page and read the whole thing. Make a plan based on the requirements we have stated.

i know plenty of small air ports with maybe a pop. off about 2000 witch if your smart or well arm and have atleast a couple oof survivers with you would be easily breased through

It would benefit you to think realistically. You think you and 2 other people are going to fight your way through a town and to a airport were the people that own the planes are most likely trying to get and leave with there family's? Lets say you make it there are you just going to hope that someone is there to fly the Plane? If your are going to try ( and fail ) to fly the plane, where are you going to get the keys?

If you want to have any credibility at some sort of plan then fill out the one that this crew designates. While you are filling that plan out, think REALISTICALLY. This is not an action movie where you have unlimited ammo and a crate full of Assault Rifles.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-01-21 03:40:18

hey i am thinking realisticly a pistols and melee you think about how many people are just going to straight up die out there with ammo on them zombie are after other bodies to spread the disease somtimes they rip bodies to shreds sometime they do destroy the brain off the person they're eating i thought someone like you would know that and im not saying wt e're gona go on a zombie killing rampage at the airport just sneaking around them getting to a small plane not like a jet just good ennough to get us out of the area

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-03-17 13:21:32

First off, Yakoff. Do you have a pistol or any gun at your home? Another thing is, do you really think you could find a pilot who is not zombified? One who's willing to risk his life to save some strangers? Thirdly, if you don't find a pilot, HOW the hell are you going to pilot a plane? This ain't some kind of Matrix movie where you learn something in a split second. I'd say you have 0.01% chance of success in the airport. The only chance you have there is to get someone who atleast played Microsoft Flight Simulators (which are pretty damn realistic). And this chance isn't that reliable either.

Hmm, caught my eye the second i saw this thread. Not the best at zombies, but i can try to make a plan atleast.

STATS
Age/gender - Male, 15
Height/weight -1,87 meters; 75 kilos.
Build - between fit and skinny, able to do sit-ups with a person 15+ kilos on my shoulders, bench press 70-80 kilos at least once.s
Primary shelter - 5 story apartament building with solid steel code door (you have to press 3 buttons for them to open), worst case - my flat on the third floor with armored door.
Location/town size or population density - about 45min drive from the capital (biggest population), town population: 13 000 people.
Nearby cities - 45 min drive to the biggest city, 10 minute drive to a small city.
ABILITIES
Computer Geek (ish, but it isn't really useful)
Scavenger
Marksman
Electric (begginer to intermediate)
Creativity
CLOTHING
3 pairs of jeans, underwear, socks, shirts and t-shirts, hoodies, coat, leather jacket, elbow, palm and knee pads (altho
palm pads are pretty useless), other jackets, heavy boots, sneakers, gloves (leather and heat-resistant ones), trousers, shorts, winter coats, bandanas.
EQUIPMENT
Axes (3 of them, vary in lenght, size, handle meterial, weight), Gas Mask, 2 helmets, airsoft pistol (useless unless modified), nail-guns, stone grinder, bow, hammers, 2 crowbars, drills, angle grinder, electric jigsaw, stick out of somesort hardwood, capable of breaking window glasses, bricks (tested) (similar to hockey stick, but used on the grass, don't remember how the sport's called), 20cm blade army knife, bluntish 35 cm knife, 50cm long steel ruler which can be sharpened ,worst case : kitchen tools, like knives, pans n stuff.
Two blocks of 10xAA and AAA batteries, a seperate cooler full of frozen food, about 40 3-5 litre jars of goods in the cellar and about 5 5 litre jars at home, a full fridge of food, 3 packs of flour, 2 loafs of bread and some pastries, bycicle excercise machine, full electric set, tons of nails, screws, bolts, wires, isolation tapes, medicines, med-kit.
STARTING OUT
Since i have only about 40 minutes till the infection reaches my place, i take a head run to the cellar, and take home as much jarred goods as possible. Run the bath as full as i can, fill every jar (they vary from 1 to 5 litres) i find in my home with water, find seeds of plants at home, since mom always keeps atleast 5 packs of different food plants at home for future. Organise everything i'd might need as quickly as i can, charge anything that needs charging, including external (carryable) chargers, so i could have those for atleast some time.
Sharpen every tool that can be sharpened until there is still electricity. Take every plant at home, remove it out of the pot and plant some seeds of vegetables in the soil. Hang out some plastic, 5 litre bottles out of the window to collect rain water
DAY TO DAY LIVING
First week or two: at day: read useful ''Electricity Use'' books i have to build somesort of electricity generator/charger out of stacionary bycicle excercise machine at home.Prepare some weapons out of household items (like molotov's out of anything that burns). At night: Scavenge the appartament's shared balconies, because there was some useful stuff in there ; Take care of the seeds i planted earlier.
when the primary water supply ends up, collect and drink rain water.
When things calm down a bit: Start looking for survivors in my appartament, if no one answers at the door - break in and scavenge for something useful they might have left behind ( they're not going to need it anyway). Also search for survivors in the nearby appartaments. At night :gear up and try to scavenge nearby kiosks and garages for something useful.
Do some excercises, just to keep fit, don't want to run out of breath while smashin' zeds.
SUPPLY ACQUISITION
1st method: scavenge the kiosks until there's nothing left.
Pro:
-You must break in (but it isn't hard) to get in, so no zed.
Cons:
-Low on supplies
-If any zed comes, the kiosk is very small and there is no escape out of it
2nd method: enter one of the two nearby shops through the back entrance/delivery gate.
Pros:
-There is a decent amount of supplies
-There might be a good amount of matches, lighters, flameable stuff in the storage
-Nails and similar stuff for nailgun.
Cons:
-It is a shop, so zed is always waited there.
-Problematic escape route
3rd method: Break into garages
Pros:
-There might be useful tools in them
-If there are cars in them, there is a good chance that there will be extra fuel canisters. Ofcourse, you can just pump the fuel out of the car.
-Other useful stuff.
-Breaking in = no zed.
Cons:
-Medium to hard break in (might take from 10min to 45min)
-Enclosure, in case of zed : no escape
4th method: at first search for survivors in any flat, then break in.
Pros:
-food
-tools
-aid kits, medicine
-left behind batteries, clothes
-other useful stuff
Cons:
-hard to very hard break in, unless i work out a method (armored doors take a long time to break through)
5th method: breaking into cellars
Pros:
-I have the key to enter the whole cellar junction, so no need to break through steel door.
-Some key's are the same, so i just have to use a key to enter.
-Most of the doors are wooden with a lock on them, so minimum breaking in abilities needed
-People keep jarred and canned goods there, so no worries about them rotting or anything similar
-They keep other stuff like shovels, forks, anything similar in there
Cons:
-Some don't even keep anything in them
-Some doors are steel, with a lock or two on them, but they are harder to break.
-Some doors have locks inside them, so it makes it even harder to break in

LONG TERM
Live out of stuff i scavenge, the plants i planted and plant more out of their seeds, drink rain water ( some of it will be allocated to the plants) . Clear up the nearby blocks of zombies and start looking for other survivors.
Check out other appartament's cellars, check out nearby houses for anything useful. Actualy, my survivability is way more easier, because of the winter : on December it gets to atleast -19 C (this winter was atomic: -31 C)
So Worst case scenario - I have to live out 10 months out of planted vegies, jarred goods, canned goods, scavenged food. At winter : Take on a lot of clothes, take my bycicle and drive to nearby cities, look for other survivors and supply up.
Drive to a bigger city into a gun shop, and bullet-up, take a rifle or a shotgun, 2 pistols, any small automatic guns i could use.
FINAL WORDS
My scenario deppends on the time of the year. But on the worst case scenario: i think i'm prepaired. Those 10 months might be hard to survive, but after that - guns, supplies, meeting up with other survivors.
Yes, there are a lot of flukes in my plan, but my case isn't the hardest because of the primary shelter i have. It makes it alot easier, without having to barricade everything. My living area is quite easy to scavenge, and there is a big chance that no one actualy did these
''suvival'' things, their plan is to take the car and run. Altho there might be some people who stayed at home. So my best guess would be to stay in for a week or two, taking anything in the balcononies, then move on to cellar, and when things are calmed down, scavenge the rest of the flats,
buildings, basicly ANYTHING that might have something valuable

My art Thread, prepare to get your eyes burned!

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-03-18 09:25:30

For me it would be:

- Find a weapon (or weapons)
- Find my family
- Ensure their safety by any means (ie escaping to the country, fortifying our house, which is quite fortified anyway etc)
- Kill anything evil that gets in my way
- Pray that we will stay alive

If the outbreak lasts for a while

- If we have found a safe place, I'll go out on trips alone or with a reliable survivor to scrounge for important supplies. I'll leave making the statement to my family that if I don't come back, don't look for me.
- Pray like I've never prayed before, The Lord will save me from this horror

And that's exactly what I'd do :D

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-03-18 12:23:45

At 2 hours ago, Lukash636 wrote: For me it would be:

- Find a weapon (or weapons)
- Find my family
- Ensure their safety by any means (ie escaping to the country, fortifying our house, which is quite fortified anyway etc)
- Kill anything evil that gets in my way
- Pray that we will stay alive

If the outbreak lasts for a while

- If we have found a safe place, I'll go out on trips alone or with a reliable survivor to scrounge for important supplies. I'll leave making the statement to my family that if I don't come back, don't look for me.
- Pray like I've never prayed before, The Lord will save me from this horror

And that's exactly what I'd do :D

Hey, i'm still not in the crew, but there is a sample how to make a plan. It's one or two pages away. So try to find it and think out as more detailed plan as you can. And please think realistic, don't think up like " I would open my locker in school and take a AA-12 out of it" ok? Just try expanding upon your plan which you posted. Cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-03-18 17:20:33

At 1 day ago, NiteCrow wrote: First off, Yakoff. Do you have a pistol or any gun at your home? Another thing is, do you really think you could find a pilot who is not zombified? One who's willing to risk his life to save some strangers? Thirdly, if you don't find a pilot, HOW the hell are you going to pilot a plane? This ain't some kind of Matrix movie where you learn something in a split second. I'd say you have 0.01% chance of success in the airport. The only chance you have there is to get someone who atleast played Microsoft Flight Simulators (which are pretty damn realistic). And this chance isn't that reliable either.

He wont, he is dead.

STATS
Age/gender - Male, 15
Height/weight -1,87 meters; 75 kilos.
Build - between fit and skinny, able to do sit-ups with a person 15+ kilos on my shoulders, bench press 70-80 kilos at least once.s
Primary shelter - 5 story apartament building with solid steel code door (you have to press 3 buttons for them to open), worst case - my flat on the third floor with armored door.
Location/town size or population density - about 45min drive from the capital (biggest population), town population: 13 000 people.
Nearby cities - 45 min drive to the biggest city, 10 minute drive to a small city.

Don't have time ATM to review this but I will do it this evening. I am going to say flat out your going to die. Your plan fails to keep you alive for the Required 10 years. Your severely under prepared, young, small, and easily overpower by a full grown man. Your "Shelter" is not as impenetrable as you seem to believe, Armored doors WTF is that. A steel door is not Armored, it is just steel.

Also, I need you EXACT location. Your city, and the building you live so I can look at your plan and compare it to your geography and look at it realistically.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-03-19 08:34:25

Don't have time ATM to review this but I will do it this evening. I am going to say flat out your going to die. Your plan fails to keep you alive for the Required 10 years. Your severely under prepared, young, small, and easily overpower by a full grown man. Your "Shelter" is not as impenetrable as you seem to believe, Armored doors WTF is that. A steel door is not Armored, it is just steel.

Also, I need you EXACT location. Your city, and the building you live so I can look at your plan and compare it to your geography and look at it realistically.

Well, yes, i do agree with some stuff. Yes, i'm underage. Yes, i'm overpowered by a full grown man. But. What do you mean by saying 'small'? First off, i'm almost the same weight and height as you. I weight 165 in pounds and i'm 6'1 feet tall.
Also, didn't know how is the type off door called in english, so i directly translated it, word by word.

Geographical position: Exact location : Lentvaris, klevu aleja 38. Epidemy start: vilnius, Ozo 25. Google maps show that it takes 30 minutes to drive there or from there, but you actualy have to add 10-15 minutes because of the traffic there.

And "armored door":

I threw in picture of my door (atleast it looks exactly the same, just has an additional lock below the lowest one), and a little picture of what the door consist of.
Here's a lil' explanaition:

1.The safe lock is protected by 2 drill-resistant manganese plates
2.The main and addition locks' hull is built inside a protective steel casing
3.Added security hinges, which have height adustability
4.The hinge side has 8 locking points
5.The lock side has 6 locking points and additional 2 directed up and down
6.Door panel (not really sure if this is the correct translation) is made up from combined construction: bars, steel sheet and bars again, so even when you come through outer bars, there's still a steel sheet and inner bars.
7.Double sheet....oh, don't really need this, this is about keepin' the warmth inside.
8.The whole, very durable, construction is covered by decorative plates, which you can blahblah colour blahblah
9.Lock's forelocks are protected by 15mm bent profile
10.The Doorpost is held by 17 forelocks, and they are protected by 24mm steel bushings (?)

BTW, no need to be harsh, i take critique, but to a certain point of politeness.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-03-20 08:21:43

Sorry for the double post, but i just have to clarify some stuff up. First off, as you can already tell, i'm not a native speaker, so it's hard for me to tell you any expressions you might use. I just translate stuff from my language, which sometimes seems really weird. So if you see something not fitting in, i'll just try to clarify it and until then, just skip it.

Secondly, what i actually meant in the last sentence from the last post is That you don't have to be so harsh on any begginer, and that i take criticism, but it's far more plesurable if the person providing it says it normaly, without trolling, sarcasm (well, atleast to some point), shouting, flaming ect. The way you said some stuff seemtd that you think i'm a noob who doesn't know what he's speaking about. Or it might be just because this isn't a live conversation, so it's a bit harder to understand sarcasms n' stuff like that.

And a bit stuff on my plan, just ask something if it isn't clear. The idea about making electricity with the bike, i have the required equipment and information sources, even examples how to make one, so don't doubt my abilities on that one.
The 'modify airsoft pistol' idea. I will accomplish it before the thing starts (even if it doesn't). So i'd be prepaired with atleat some sort of ranged gun before the whole class 4 starts. I would have electricity for the required stuff that's for sure + the time required to make it. Anyways, again sorry for the double post. BTW, i ain't your average 15 year old ^^

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-04-05 22:33:39

We have a zombie the we grade all Plans on. It is the most realistic possibility, that zed you have is some half baked Las Plaugas from resident evil. Below is the ZSC Zombie, anything else you may need to know including other zombie types can be found from the link in my sig.

The official zombie of the Zombie Survival Crew. A challenging zombie that is designed to obey as many scientific principles as possible, with the exception that it is a reanimated corpse. Physics, biochemistry, and behavioral sciences all influence what we currently know about this zombie. Since it is designed to be as realistically plausible as possible while maintaining a very high threat level, it is the most difficult zombie to plan for without going to fantasy land. It's evolution began when we switched to runners on page 435. Senior members must survive against these.

Creator. . . . . . . . . . . . : BetaOrionis, for use in Zombie Survival Crew (2008)
Relative Realism . . . . : 9
Threat Level. . . . . . . . : 7
Life Span . . . . . . . . . . : Roughly 5 years
Durability . . . . . . . . . . : 9
Method of Infection. . . : Unknown Virus, spread by any infected tissue entering the body.
Incubation Period. . . . : Minutes to hours, depending on severity of infection and will power.
Method of Destruction : Significant damage to the brain.
Behavioral Overview . : Running and screaming. Cannot think, climb, or cooperate.

Extra facts (you'll need these)
- This zombie's buoyancy for the first few weeks is entirely dependent on the buoyancy of the human before infection. After a few weeks, the methane from the rotting of the bacteria that have died eating the zombified flesh will cause the zombie to float, and it will continue to float until a decent portion of the flesh has eroded away and the bones outweigh the methane, at which point it will sink and walk on the sea bottom until decomposition is complete.
- This zombie freezes at roughly -0.4 Celsius, or 31.2 Fahrenheit, assuming it has not absorbed excessive salts.
- This zombie's flesh is extremely toxic because of the presence of the virus in it, killing anything, bacteria included, that tries to feed on it. Humans reanimate due to the complex structuring of their brains, other things just stay dead. For this reason, the zombie does not rot, and takes five years to decompose from mechanical weathering (wind, rain, sun, freezing, bullets, etc)

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-04-06 17:03:04

We'll, since my plan already failed, i'll try to breathe some life into this crew.

So did anyone heard about the upcoming game The Dead Linger? (http://www.thedeadlinger.com/) It seems to be the best zombie game based upon survivability. The creativity in the game is amazing and the game itself seems to be pleasing . Well, we'll see how it's going to be, but my pc is as good as a chunk of wood for higher-end games.Actually,make that mid-range ones lol.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-05-25 17:34:16

Why post questions if your not going to read the answers. I already answered your question in the post DIRECTLY after your last post.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-05-25 18:50:10

STATS:
Age/gender - 16 Male
Height/weight - 5'6", 120lbs
Build - Slim/Muscular
Primary shelter - My house, two story with basement and attic.
Location/town size - Suburban area with moderate commercial areas nearby.
Nearby cities (miles) - Indianapolis (pop. 800,000+) 20 miles to the South. Just more suburbs in pretty much every other direction.

ABILITIES: I have a lot of upper body strength, which can help with climbing and swinging weapons. I'm a fairly good runner and manage to stay in good shape. I remain very aware of my surroundings. I have a white belt in karate and a red belt in tae kwon do.

CLOTHING: Jacket, t-shirt, jeans, leather gloves and tennis shoes.

EQUIPMENT: Several knives (6-8 in.), an aluminum baseball bat, a hatchet, a basic first aid kit (for non-zombie related injuries), a small iron crowbar (too small to be used as a weapon, but still effective as a tool), whatever food I can carry, and a backpack to carry everything. The bat I could carry in my hand and the knives I could store on my person in under my belt.

SHORT TERM PLAN: Gather all the essentials in my house and put them upstairs, then destroy the staircase. Fill up whatever containers I can with water, as well as sinks and bathtubs. Live upstairs as quietly as possible for a month or two until the majority of my supplies run out. For this period of time, I would make it a goal to avoid all zombies and humans if at all possible, and make it seem as if the house is entirely empty.

DAY TO DAY LIVING: Run from house to house in my neighborhood as quietly as possible. Break in and eliminate whatever zombies inside. Bring all supplies upstairs into one room, barricade the door, and live for as long as possible there. When supplies run out, rappel down from the window with sheets tied to something in the room, then move on to the next house and repeat. Since I live in a suburb, the odds of me finding a firearm in one of these houses is incredibly slim, but other supplies (tools, weapons, food, clothing, first aid accessories, ect.) of use could be found.

So, what are my chances of surviving?

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-05-25 19:55:33

At 5/25/12 06:50 PM, Scarface wrote: STATS:
Age/gender - 16 Male
Height/weight - 5'6", 120lbs
Build - Slim/Muscular
Primary shelter - My house, two story with basement and attic.
Location/town size - Suburban area with moderate commercial areas nearby.
Nearby cities (miles) - Indianapolis (pop. 800,000+) 20 miles to the South. Just more suburbs in pretty much every other direction.

Your young, and small. Its good that you have material arts training, I am hoping your cardio is good from all the MA. You will most likely run into humans after the Outbreak, so you must be able to defend yourself hand to hand as well as with weapons.
You live really close to a major city so that is shitty. It means that you will have alot of hordes to deal with. You are really going to have to fortify your shelter.

ABILITIES: I have a lot of upper body strength, which can help with climbing and swinging weapons. I'm a fairly good runner and manage to stay in good shape. I remain very aware of my surroundings. I have a white belt in karate and a red belt in tae kwon do.

You are probably not going to be able to lift a real heavy amount seeing that you only weight 120 at 5'6. Having good core strength is going to help you with climbing. You don't have the mass to say your going to be able to swing a large damaging weapon for a long period of time, but you can improve that over time by strength training.

CLOTHING: Jacket, t-shirt, jeans, leather gloves and tennis shoes.

Not much. I would prepare for cold weather better than that. Just a jacket and gloves is not going to be enough for a winter with little or no heat. Thermals are a must as well as boots, underwear, socks, long sleeve shirts.

EQUIPMENT: Several knives (6-8 in.), an aluminum baseball bat, a hatchet, a basic first aid kit (for non-zombie related injuries), a small iron crowbar (too small to be used as a weapon, but still effective as a tool), whatever food I can carry, and a backpack to carry everything. The bat I could carry in my hand and the knives I could store on my person in under my belt.

Knifes are tools and Last Chance weapons, same for the hatchet. The bat is good for the reach but still very dangerous, you need to get a gun or you wont last long. First aid is good, try and find antibiotics and other common medicanes - Advil, Cold and Flu medicine, anything that you could get your hands on.

SHORT TERM PLAN: Gather all the essentials in my house and put them upstairs, then destroy the staircase. Fill up whatever containers I can with water, as well as sinks and bathtubs. Live upstairs as quietly as possible for a month or two until the majority of my supplies run out. For this period of time, I would make it a goal to avoid all zombies and humans if at all possible, and make it seem as if the house is entirely empty.

It is going to take a LONG time to tear down the stairs with a Hatchet. It would still take a good amount of time with a Saws-all. That is a bad plan, you should spend the time fortifying your own home as much as you could. Plywood on inside and outside of windows, Shot in with a hilti gun preferably. Seal your door with extra deadbolts if you can before hand then seal with plywood on the inside. In my plan and home I plan on fillin the plywood covered door with sack-crete. I know you most like dont have this stuff at your home ATM but you can get it and prepare. That is what this crew is all about. The water collection is right on the money. At ZSC we say that you need to have enough canned goods to last at least 4 to 6 months, I would aim for 6 months. You have to also account for the people that are going to be looting, killing and torching houses. Remember during the initial outbreak period the humans are just as dangerous. This comes back to the point of you getting a gun. YOU NEED FIREARMS. At 16 you can get a shotgun, talk your parents into it. That in itself presents another issue, at 16 your at your parents mercy. So unless you can talk them into your plan now good luck doing it in the middle of a worldwide crisis.

DAY TO DAY LIVING: Run from house to house in my neighborhood as quietly as possible. Break in and eliminate whatever zombies inside. Bring all supplies upstairs into one room, barricade the door, and live for as long as possible there. When supplies run out, rappel down from the window with sheets tied to something in the room, then move on to the next house and repeat. Since I live in a suburb, the odds of me finding a firearm in one of these houses is incredibly slim, but other supplies (tools, weapons, food, clothing, first aid accessories, ect.) of use could be found.

Stay in your shelter and use it as your Base Of Operations. To sneak out and break into other homes and loot is a must after a while, but you must be VERY careful because not just zombies are in the houses. Others that have locked themselves up are apt to be in there. Those people will most likely shoot first and not give a shit later. Learn to grow your own plants and how to make a water catcher and a water filter. You live in a suburb in the USA you bet your ass you can find a gun in one of those homes. Statistics are in your favor, but hopefully the owner is dead or gone and not holding the gun to your head.

So, what are my chances of surviving?

Not past a week. Your parents, stair demo, lack of weapons and age make your chances very slim. revamp your plan and resubmit and we can comb through it again. If you can make a good plan it will be worth the work you put into it.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-05-26 03:50:51

Ok, now i see how stupid i sounded. Gotta ask some questions now. So, let's say there is no possibility for me to have firearms. But the chances that any of my neighbours will have firearms is pretty slim too. As the firearm law here is strict. So is that a big of a problem? Then, my best weapon seems to be a hardwood stick, which looks a bit like this: http://www.play.com/Sports-Outdoors/Sports/-/4738/4005/-/196 65589/Kookaburra-Sola-Wood-Hockey-Stick/Product.html
mine is about 1m long (that's 3.33 Feet if i'm not mistaken). So, what would be the best thing to do with it? try tro smash the skull, or hit the zombie so it would stagger a bit or fall and then finish it? And what about the cold? If it gets -20 degrees celsius, the zombies freeze or something? Because there was a point where it said that below 5 degrees Celsius they begin to freeze or something like that. Another thing in my neighborhood is, alot of people would panic and would try to escape by car or similar transport, and it isn't likely that people would stay in. So does that give me higher chances? And Ripper, could you give me any tips? Because i'm a bit lost now lol.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-05-26 03:54:39

At 5/26/12 03:49 AM, DaEpicPWN wrote: If you don't answer this time I'm going to do it anyway

I'm writing a zombie book.... Can any 1 tell me if this type of zombie is okay: the zombification is a parasite in your blood that controls your brain, numbs your nerves so you dont feel anything and heightens your senses. There is a cure but you can only take it once and if you are only part zombie you can remember some memories but not much. The first zombies are slow because rigour mortis sets in easily and they rot quick. The parisite as I said before travels through blood. scratching or biting does nothing thats why the parisite has to create a fault in the back of the throat where it shoots out blood with parisites in it. The parisites evolve but the host body doesnt so when they move onto another body it is faster and stronger. The parisites move onto other bodies because they die if they stay in one body too long. PM me please. I didn't get too far in it so I can edit it if it's bad.

He actually answered you, it was directly under your post. And he did say that the zombies were...well... :
:It is the most realistic possibility, THAT zed you have is some half baked Las Plaugas from resident evil

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-05-27 00:22:07

So here's my take if I want to survive.
I'd need some durable, lightweight weapons.
Either a secure place with people I know, or just a bunker with a food supply(doubt I'd even be that lucky).
Only one person can be my burden; which is a difficult emotional thing for me, as I have a big family with lots of children.
So if I don't decide to blow my brains out of sheer loss of faith, I might be able to survive for at least a year.
I've also thought about fire hoses being a great pressurized weapon against herds. Of course this will be hard if I don't have help and/or water runs out.

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2012-05-27 07:19:02

At 5/27/12 12:22 AM, MrRager wrote: I've also thought about fire hoses being a great pressurized weapon against herds. Of course this will be hard if I don't have help and/or water runs out.

Well, the biggest problem with this is that you'd need the water yourself to survive. Also, you'd have water for 1 week in best case scenario, 1.5 week if really lucky. So it isn't really a great idea to use water as a weapon, as it is crucial for survival.

BBS Signature