00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Cdum88 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

+++The Zombie Survival Crew+++

680,533 Views | 14,239 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-23 22:08:45

At 8/23/10 08:34 PM, The-Condor wrote:
At 8/23/10 08:29 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Get the fuck out.
This so much, I hate it when people take privileges they didnt work for.

hes trying to be helpful, which is more than can be said for you.

Also, idiots that find my fucking reviews too harsh. Guess what, if im not harsh, do you think a zombie will be lax?

zombies aren't real.

If you don't have any guns will the zombie be all like;

"Oh, I see that you do not have a fire arm, I will leave the premesis at once and i will bring back some fresh food and water, Good day chap."

you talk if this is all real.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd.

I HATE People who draw with circles and squares.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-23 23:35:43

At 8/23/10 07:55 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 8/23/10 07:21 PM, imrbkbd64 wrote: I wish to join this crew.

hiegt:6 foot 1
build:average/ healthy
weapons for survival: Crow bar, 12 gauge, M1 Garand, trench knife
Do you have any of these?
Start of invasion:Collect survivors and get to high ground, avoiding as much coflict as possible
Survivors cause trouble, and eat your supplies. Take few family and friends only.

I live in a very small suburb With many hils. My planned party members are my 43 year old father, My 14 ear old friend who has a lot of experiance with fire arms, My Mother, And my Friends Brother, Who killed his first living thing at 11 with a 22. rifle. My family has a large amount of food, Also counting in The grocerery store less then 1 mile away. my father is great with tools. The nearest large city is 15 miles away. pittsburgh is 45 miles away. I have the Knife and crow bar as my friend has access to hunting rifles, and the nearest gun supply store is 2 miles away

You need to be more specific as well. Where do you live? Is it close to a big city? Where are you getting all these weapons? Who are your survivors? Where will you stay? What will you eat? Are you prepared to stay there for ten years?

Take a look at some of the other plans and then try revising this one.

But then again, I have no "official authority" in this crew, so wait for another member to tell you the exact same thing.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 08:16:42

At 8/23/10 10:08 PM, TLT007 wrote: you talk if this is all real.

I know their not real, This is a HYPOTHETICAL FUCKING SITUATION. If you can't immerse yourself into something other than your dull, stupid 12 year old life, then fucking leave.

Zombie Crew.

Steam ID: Condor .'.'.'. PSN ID: JoeNG1

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 08:18:11

At 8/23/10 10:08 PM, TLT007 wrote: hes trying to be helpful, which is more than can be said for you.

I know hes trying to be helpful, Thats just fine, he can wait until he becomes a member first.

Zombie Crew.

Steam ID: Condor .'.'.'. PSN ID: JoeNG1

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 11:13:31

At 8/23/10 04:49 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
At 8/23/10 02:22 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Sorry Matt, but an air rifle won't be scaring off any humans if they have any experience with firearms. Indeed it may only encourage them to attack because they know your weapon is next to useless. The only ones you'll scare away are ones who are probably helpless and the least dangerous.
Helpless and less dangerous... Thats quite alot of people.. Plus, it would boost my moral, holding a air rifle when some guys try and steal our food/destroy our barricade.

It is a lot of people, and some of them could be useful. What if there's a doctor that you're scaring away, or a farmer, or so on... we've already discussed that a small group gives you a bit more chance of surviving than living on yer own.
If someone did come to steal your food, or destroy your barricade, having high morale will not really help if they know what they're doing.

At 8/23/10 08:34 PM, The-Condor wrote:

Also, idiots that find my fucking reviews too harsh. Guess what, if im not harsh, do you think a zombie will be lax?

Sometimes your reviews don't take certain attributes into account. That's not so much harsh as not wanting the person to join the club because you can't envision anyone else doing something that works for them because it doesn't work for you.

Also running about swearing and caps locking isn't going to help make this crew a better place. Please calm down.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 11:34:37

This place is becoming a mess. I'll PM a moderator in a few minutes.

At 8/23/10 08:29 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: How about this. If you dont have a Membership, are not submitting a Plan or responding to a review of your plan.

This is the rules of the club. If you aren't making a plan, asking for help for a plan, asking questions, or revising your plan then you aren't suppose to post unless you are already a member of the club.

At 8/23/10 04:11 PM, Scarface wrote:
So, basically, membership is given by making a good plan?

You don't think we would give membership to bad plans would you?

At 8/23/10 02:22 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Sorry Matt, but an air rifle won't be scaring off any humans if they have any experience with firearms. Indeed it may only encourage them to attack because they know your weapon is next to useless. The only ones you'll scare away are ones who are probably helpless and the least dangerous.

The only thing that it would be good for is hunting down birds for a nice meal. :)

At 8/23/10 10:08 PM, TLT007 wrote:

After doing some research I have concluded that you are either matt2k7's alt or a friend of his. I'll have a mod figure that out as well. :)

you talk if this is all real.

Is it true that ignorance is a bliss? I don't think so.

Zombie are real by the way.

The fairy tail version:

Haitians so greatly fear the bodies of dead loved ones being stolen and turned into zombies they will often dismember a dead relative before burial. Others will stand guard over fresh family graves until decomposition makes the body worthless.

The bokor is the voodoo sorcerer of Haiti, and instils terror into the hearts of the living. He can create paralysis or death by spreading a powder on the ground where someone walks.

He will often create misery by ritually damaging a voodoo doll representing an intended victim. But his greatest power is his ability to make zombies.

Voodoo lore suggests that the bokor traps his victim's soul by sucking it out of the body and sealing it in a bottle. Death and burial soon follow.

The bokor goes to the grave at night, opens it and calls the victim's name. The bottle containing the victim's soul is passed briefly under the nose to revive the body, and the zombie is led away.

Rituals, drugs, and shocking beatings are issued to the zombie in copious quantities to ensure absolute compliance.

The real life version:

An American scientist revealed in 1982 that the bokor used a slow acting poison to paralyse his victims. The zombie-like state is created by a substance that contains tetrodotoxin, a chemical which lowers a person's metabolic rate to the point where he appears to be dead.

Once buried, the victim often does die from the poison or from suffocation. If he is still alive when the bokor reaches him, he will be forced to eat a mysterious paste containing a powerful psychoactive substance such as datura stramonium - known as the zombie cucumber.

This causes memory loss and disorientation. The new zombie will soon become a submissive slave to his master the bokor.

-----------

Now if the above disorder had ever mutated with something similar to mad cow disease then the person would virtually be a mindless killing machine. Mad cow disease tends to kill the victims rather quickly, but like I said if it were to ever mutate, like things such as that do, to a point where it didn't kill off the victim so quickly then the person would go crazy with rage and be very contagious.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 14:30:12

At 8/23/10 08:29 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: How about this. If you dont have a Membership, are not submitting a Plan or responding to a review of your plan.

Get the fuck out.

It's a sound idea, but since I'm neither, I'll say "overruled".

Just a friendly little warning here - things are getting a little spammy and if you carry on with this, more of you will be getting bans. I'm just going to go through and do a spot of pruning of shitty posts and perhaps you members will do me and one another the kindness of dealing with those fucking zombies!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 14:37:50

I been here longer than any here currently, in the old days of the club we would discuss movies and tactics,weapons ups and downs what would cause it and methods of escape and disposal. Nowadays all ye newbs do is type and ridicule plans. "ZOMG YEW WOULDN'T LAST TEN DAYZ N00B DEM ZOMBIES GONNA EAT YOU"!!!!!

Because zombies are definally real! (sarcasym)

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 16:02:53

At 8/23/10 05:26 PM, TLT007 wrote: EQUIPMENT
10x shotguns, 2x RPG, 20x machine guns
STARTING OUT
shoot the bastartds whent they come to my house
DAY TO DAY LIVING
get survviors and if they don't listen to me or do what is say, i'd blow they're heads off.
SUPPLY ACQUISITION
what does acquasistition mean?

You have a lot of weapons, but how much ammunition. Since you've said you've fired these weapons you should know that machine guns can chew through ammunition rather quickly, and the whole purpose of a machine gun (being to pin down the enemy with overwhelming amounts of firepower) is not as useful against the undead. Sure there is a chance for a headshot but it's not as likely with a weapon meant for more precision shooting such as an assault rifle.
Also RPGs are not that effective against zombies. Seeing as an RPG was designed for armoured vehicles and is used against personnel as the shrapnel can easily tear someone apart. However, a head shot is needed to take down the zombies, and the chances of shrapnel getting through the skull, and into the brain is low. Not to mention that if a human being can live with stuff in their brain, a zombie could still come after you. So unless its a direct hit an RPG just sends a bunch of mutalated zombies after you.

So if a survivor decides that what your doing is stupid and tries to tell you something in order to better ensure not only his survival but yours as well, you'd shoot him? Won't be long before someone rebels against you and stabs you in your sleep.

Acquisition is the process of acquiring supplies. Getting them.

That is not an official review, just some things to look at.

The reason I didn't give an official review is because my membership is still up in the air. Fro said it was fine for me to post here while I slowly put a plan together in case the quarantine things falls through, however I was never told whether I was an official member or not. So, that would be my question.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 17:38:42

Alright, I'm willing to shut my fucking mouth and forget the arguments in the last like, five pages, if everyone else is. My bad for being a pompous ass.

Also, before I revise my plan, I want to ask, WHEN am I forming this plan? Has the outbreak just started? Are zombies the dominant planet on the earth? Is it limited to theories and reports on tv? Or can I hear screams and see people being eaten from my house?

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 18:37:05

At 8/24/10 05:38 PM, Scarface wrote: Alright, I'm willing to shut my fucking mouth and forget the arguments in the last like, five pages, if everyone else is. My bad for being a pompous ass.

Also, before I revise my plan, I want to ask, WHEN am I forming this plan? Has the outbreak just started? Are zombies the dominant planet on the earth? Is it limited to theories and reports on tv? Or can I hear screams and see people being eaten from my house?

Twas my impression that it's the first day of a major outbreak. So it's past the rumours and the damned things are all over the place. A good class four outbreak.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 18:59:43

At 8/24/10 06:37 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
At 8/24/10 05:38 PM, Scarface wrote: Alright, I'm willing to shut my fucking mouth and forget the arguments in the last like, five pages, if everyone else is. My bad for being a pompous ass.

Twas my impression that it's the first day of a major outbreak. So it's past the rumours and the damned things are all over the place. A good class four outbreak.

That's more like a class 3, but I get your point. I have precious little time to get my shit together. Well, I'm off to revise my plan.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 21:21:21

At 8/24/10 11:13 AM, sinfulwolf wrote:
At 8/23/10 04:49 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
At 8/23/10 02:22 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
Helpless and less dangerous... Thats quite alot of people.. Plus, it would boost my moral, holding a air rifle when some guys try and steal our food/destroy our barricade.
It is a lot of people, and some of them could be useful. What if there's a doctor that you're scaring away, or a farmer, or so on... we've already discussed that a small group gives you a bit more chance of surviving than living on yer own.

Yeah i understand that.. but if a doctor is trying to rip down my barricade or steal my food supply, they'd obviously be desperate, and holding the air rifle, will show my seriousness and authority. The air rifle, looks exactly like a real bolt action rifle.

If someone did come to steal your food, or destroy your barricade, having high morale will not really help if they know what they're doing.

That makes no sense.. i'd rather tell them to fuck off whilst pointing the gun at their heads than be shitting my pants whilst they raid my supplies.

Incase you didn't know.. The air rifle looks almost the same as the American bolt action rifle, the Springfield.. only difference is no bolt. The air rifle was modeled of it. It is body is made of wood with metal as the firing mechanism. it is heavy and could be useful for melee attacks..

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 22:04:43

At 8/24/10 09:21 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
That makes no sense.. i'd rather tell them to fuck off whilst pointing the gun at their heads than be shitting my pants whilst they raid my supplies.

Incase you didn't know.. The air rifle looks almost the same as the American bolt action rifle, the Springfield.. only difference is no bolt. The air rifle was modeled of it. It is body is made of wood with metal as the firing mechanism. it is heavy and could be useful for melee attacks..

I've been saying that if someone actually knew what they were doing, a simple rifle isn't going to scare them away. You'll only scare away the desperate yes. There's its use, as well as hunting birds as Fro said.

However, as soon as someone who knows what they're doing, and have some decent equipment come by, a air rifle isn't going to cut it. You point it at them, and suddenly you have a real rifle pointed at you. Whether or not they know it's a real rifle, they actually have real rifles.

I know if I went to examine a house and someone pointed a rifle at me through a window, I'd be popping off a few 5.56mm rounds through that window and taking cover. And then once that measly little round pinged off my chest, or a rock nearby, I win.

Never mind Zack.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 22:10:22

A air rifle can still do pretty good damage to a human.

Anyway, i'd feel alot better with it than nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-24 22:36:46

At 8/24/10 10:10 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: A air rifle can still do pretty good damage to a human.

As I said, a high morale is important. Since you're in the comfort of your own home, and you don't have to worry about weight and usefullness of object while sprinting away from zombies, I'd say it's a good thing to have.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-25 09:27:36

At 8/24/10 02:37 PM, smeagol1 wrote: I been here longer than any here currently, in the old days of the club we would discuss movies and tactics,weapons ups and downs what would cause it and methods of escape and disposal.

You sure you've been here longer than me? You probably have been, but I've been here for several years. I was Corky52 back when I joined.

Remember the pages and pages of arguments that I use to have with Beta? :P We then ended up being pretty good friends after hating each other for so long.

Nowadays all ye newbs do is type and ridicule plans. "ZOMG YEW WOULDN'T LAST TEN DAYZ N00B DEM ZOMBIES GONNA EAT YOU"!!!!!

I HAVE MACHINE GUN GO TO GUN STORE SHOOT EVERYTHING GO TO STORE AND BARRICADE WITH FOOD SUPPLIES!!

Because zombies are definally real!

They are if you read the post I made up above. ;)

At 8/24/10 05:38 PM, Scarface wrote:

Hm, it depends on the situation. Assume you woke up early in the morning, you have a day of electricity, etc... If you live in a highly populated area than give yourself about ten minutes time to get your barricade done. (or whatever your plan is) And if you live in a smaller place then give yourself more time.

Where I lived out in the country with like two neighbors I was giving myself twenty minutes and still had time to do everything that would keep me safe in those first twenty minutes.

At 8/24/10 10:10 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: A air rifle can still do pretty good damage to a human.

Like I said, it's not useless as you can hunt some birds with it. Personally if you didn't hit me in a face I would walk through an air rifle shot with little reaction. In fact when I was younger we use to run around and shoot ourselves with them all the time. I'm lucky I still have both my eyes. :P

At 8/24/10 04:02 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
The reason I didn't give an official review is because my membership is still up in the air. Fro said it was fine for me to post here while I slowly put a plan together in case the quarantine things falls through, however I was never told whether I was an official member or not. So, that would be my question.

You can go ahead and be an official member. You contribute to the thread a lot, had intelligent discussions, and have a military background that can give a lot of insight that some other members wouldn't be able to share.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-25 09:40:19

Fro.

I'm not sure were on about the same thing.. the last guy around here that got shot with one had to have a emergency operation to remove the bullet from his lung.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-25 09:47:11

This sorta looks the same as mine.. it fires metal pointed pellets .22 caliber (5.5mm)

+++The Zombie Survival Crew+++

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-25 10:03:48

At 8/25/10 09:27 AM, Fro wrote:

You sure you've been here longer than me? You probably have been, but I've been here for several years. I was Corky52 back when I joined.

Remember the pages and pages of arguments that I use to have with Beta? :P We then ended up being pretty good friends after hating each other for so long.

Yeah I remember you! :D what the hells up man? I thought you left Newgrounds. Finally someone I can relate to! :D

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-25 10:24:00

At 8/25/10 09:40 AM, Matt2k8 wrote: Fro.

I'm not sure were on about the same thing.. the last guy around here that got shot with one had to have a emergency operation to remove the bullet from his lung.

Air air rifle still doesn't have a decent crack sound that will actually scare someone, and doesn't have the gunpowder propellant to do decent damage to Zack, which is the biggest concern.

The sound thing is important psychologically. There are plenty of people who spend lots of time around firearms, and so the actual sight of one won't scare them. The crack of a real rifle however will send the message to someone, hopefully. An air rifle still doesn't have that punch to it.

I'm not saying the weapon is useless, I'm simply pointing out its faults and why you shouldn't rely on it too much. Hunt small animals with it, that way you don't make as much sound when shooting so as not to attract unwanted attention.

Also, I'd like a link or something to what you said about someone needing surgery to remove an air rifle pellet from their lung. I've known too many people who used to run around shooting each other with those things.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-25 10:25:19

At 8/25/10 09:27 AM, Fro wrote:
You can go ahead and be an official member. You contribute to the thread a lot, had intelligent discussions, and have a military background that can give a lot of insight that some other members wouldn't be able to share.

Double post I know... but thanks Fro.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-26 04:20:54

So September 3 im attending a zombie walk food drive in my town over 100 people will be attending. Im going to go has a l4d hunter.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-26 14:41:40

At 8/26/10 04:20 AM, smeagol1 wrote: So September 3 im attending a zombie walk food drive in my town over 100 people will be attending. Im going to go has a l4d hunter.

Yeah those zombie walks are getting rather popular. I'm pretty sure there's a fairly big one they do in Toronto once a year or so. I think New York and LA have some pretty big ones as well.

What a way to support a cause.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-26 15:45:59

I wish there were zombie walks where I lived....

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-26 18:00:29

At 8/25/10 10:24 AM, sinfulwolf wrote:
Also, I'd like a link or something to what you said about someone needing surgery to remove an air rifle pellet from their lung. I've known too many people who used to run around shooting each other with those things.

I can't. It was in my local area, not something on the News or internet. Two lads were messing around with the rifle and one shot the other one for a joke. He fell to the floor and could barely breath..

Also, shooting a gun to scare someone is stupid and pointless. Wastes ammo and makes a noise so zombies will know my whereabouts, it could also attract other unwanted attention.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-26 22:39:01

At 8/26/10 06:00 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:

I can't. It was in my local area, not something on the News or internet. Two lads were messing around with the rifle and one shot the other one for a joke. He fell to the floor and could barely breath..

Also, shooting a gun to scare someone is stupid and pointless. Wastes ammo and makes a noise so zombies will know my whereabouts, it could also attract other unwanted attention.

Well then it must have been a luck (or unlucky in the circumstances) hit.

It's not stupid and pointless. It's a single round, and sometimes that's what it's going to take to get through some people's heads that you have a weapon. Yes it can cause noise which can make for some unwanted attention, but considering in the situation where a warning shot is feasible you already have unwanted attention. I'm simply saying that in self defense an air rifle will not cut it.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-27 15:45:48

I just got a new anti zed weapon for my arsenal. I splurged on myself a little, and bought a friends .22 lever action, 20 shot capacity. I went out on the range yesterday and I can maintain accuracy and fire all of my shots in 30 seconds, up to a distance of 45-50 yards, no scope. Mind you that's not the limit of my marksmanship, but I was trying to maintain some speed with a rifle that was fairly new to me, and I define accuracy as being able to hit a target roughly the size of a head. In this case, several 6x6 steel plates.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-27 18:54:58

Patton3 wrote:

I just got a new anti zed weapon for my arsenal. I splurged on myself a little, and bought a friends .22 lever action, 20 shot capacity. I went out on the range yesterday and I can maintain accuracy and fire all of my shots in 30 seconds, up to a distance of 45-50 yards, no scope. Mind you that's not the limit of my marksmanship, but I was trying to maintain some speed with a rifle that was fairly new to me, and I define accuracy as being able to hit a target roughly the size of a head. In this case, several 6x6 steel plates.

better get non stop head shots or it's useless.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-27 19:42:01

At 8/26/10 10:39 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
At 8/26/10 06:00 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:

Well then it must have been a luck (or unlucky in the circumstances) hit.

So, it can puncture animal skin and thick fur/feathers but can manage to get through 1.5mm of skin?

It's not stupid and pointless. It's a single round, and sometimes that's what it's going to take to get through some people's heads that you have a weapon.

I'm in experienced with firearms. I know basics (how to reload and clean the weapon) but their is always recoil, so getting head shots with single bullets is gonna be hard, especially is they can run.

Yes it can cause noise which can make for some unwanted attention, but considering in the situation where a warning shot is feasible you already have unwanted attention
So, i shoot, say into the sky. The human who still has all the weakness of a normal human and is trying to destroy my barricade, or steal my food supplies gets scared by the loud shot and runs away.. Then zombies from all around my area hears the shots and starts coming into my area. Now, instead of a weak human with fragile organs and skin, comes a zombie which is practicably dead from the head down. I'm surrounded and thats it for me all because i shot a gun to scare some guy away.

I'm simply saying that in self defense an air rifle will not cut it.

And i'm saying it's better than nothing..

Okay, this argument will never end.. were both set on what were saying. You think it's pointless and i disagree.

So, i'm gonna ask for the higher members of the crew, Condor, Fro and Smeagol. I'm sure you guys have been following our argument.. Who do you think is right, me or sinfulwold?

BBS Signature