00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Theantiflag102 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

+++The Zombie Survival Crew+++

680,502 Views | 14,239 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-27 21:15:46

At 8/27/10 07:42 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
So, it can puncture animal skin and thick fur/feathers but can manage to get through 1.5mm of skin?

Got to get through more than skin. Ribs is made of bone and got plenty of muscle in between them.

It's not stupid and pointless. It's a single round, and sometimes that's what it's going to take to get through some people's heads that you have a weapon.
I'm in experienced with firearms. I know basics (how to reload and clean the weapon) but their is always recoil, so getting head shots with single bullets is gonna be hard, especially is they can run.

I'm saying a warning shot is a single round. If you need more than a single bullet for a warning shot you either have a machine gun or you should be moving towards lethal shots.

Yes it can cause noise which can make for some unwanted attention, but considering in the situation where a warning shot is feasible you already have unwanted attention
So, i shoot, say into the sky. The human who still has all the weakness of a normal human and is trying to destroy my barricade, or steal my food supplies gets scared by the loud shot and runs away.. Then zombies from all around my area hears the shots and starts coming into my area. Now, instead of a weak human with fragile organs and skin, comes a zombie which is practicably dead from the head down. I'm surrounded and thats it for me all because i shot a gun to scare some guy away.

My entire point is that an air rifle does not sound like a real gun. The noise probly won't even be loud enough to attract too many zombies. At this point it's the humans who are just as capable of killing you as the zombies are.

And i'm saying it's better than nothing..

This is true. But you'll still want to look for something more effective.

Okay, this argument will never end.. were both set on what were saying. You think it's pointless and i disagree.

I didn't say it was pointless, I'm simply pointing out what exactly it's drawbacks are, and why you should be looking for a replacement when the dead rise.

So, i'm gonna ask for the higher members of the crew, Condor, Fro and Smeagol. I'm sure you guys have been following our argument.. Who do you think is right, me or sinfulwold?

Fro made his points, but he can step in again if it's needed.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-27 21:43:10

At 8/27/10 09:15 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
At 8/27/10 07:42 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
So, it can puncture animal skin and thick fur/feathers but can manage to get through 1.5mm of skin?
Got to get through more than skin. Ribs is made of bone and got plenty of muscle in between them.

In the chest, there is a rib cage.. which isn't a huge wall of bone. It is easy to pass them. Which leads directly to heart, lungs,ect. Which are very fragile.

It's not stupid and pointless. It's a single round, and sometimes that's what it's going to take to get through some people's heads that you have a weapon.
I'm in experienced with firearms. I know basics (how to reload and clean the weapon) but their is always recoil, so getting head shots with single bullets is gonna be hard, especially is they can run.
I'm saying a warning shot is a single round. If you need more than a single bullet for a warning shot you either have a machine gun or you should be moving towards lethal shots.
Yes it can cause noise which can make for some unwanted attention, but considering in the situation where a warning shot is feasible you already have unwanted attention
So, i shoot, say into the sky. The human who still has all the weakness of a normal human and is trying to destroy my barricade, or steal my food supplies gets scared by the loud shot and runs away.. Then zombies from all around my area hears the shots and starts coming into my area. Now, instead of a weak human with fragile organs and skin, comes a zombie which is practicably dead from the head down. I'm surrounded and thats it for me all because i shot a gun to scare some guy away.
My entire point is that an air rifle does not sound like a real gun.

Which is what i wanted!
The noise probly won't even be loud enough to attract too many zombies. At this point it's the humans who are just as capable of killing you as the zombies are.
Humans easier to kill.

And aiming any type of gun to someone is enough to scare them slightly! Even when my friends put the barrel of his PLASTIC BB GUN to my head i cringe.

And i'm saying it's better than nothing..
This is true. But you'll still want to look for something more effective.

Agree'd. But in Britain, fire arms are scarce.

Okay, this argument will never end.. were both set on what were saying. You think it's pointless and i disagree.
I didn't say it was pointless, I'm simply pointing out what exactly it's drawbacks are, and why you should be looking for a replacement when the dead rise.

You didn't mention any good point until Fro stated about using it to hunt.

So, i'm gonna ask for the higher members of the crew, Condor, Fro and Smeagol. I'm sure you guys have been following our argument.. Who do you think is right, me or sinfulwold?
Fro made his points, but he can step in again if it's needed.

I'm asking overall, who is right. Not picking out what is good and not. We've done that.

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-27 22:16:56

At 8/27/10 10:16 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: When the zombie apocalypse comes, you'll all be the first to go.

Why?

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-27 23:35:17

Hey, can I get an application? I want to join this crew.

IN SOVIET AMERICA...Wait, what DOES happen in Soviet America?

Sig made by CagedSilhouette, Many thanks to him.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-28 02:10:17

air rifle isn't going to do much to a zombie. Your better off using a bow or crossbow if you can't get a hold of a gun.

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-28 08:46:01

At 8/28/10 02:10 AM, smeagol1 wrote: air rifle isn't going to do much to a zombie. Your better off using a bow or crossbow if you can't get a hold of a gun.

Not for a zombie. Any human trying to break my barriers/steal food/kill us.

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-28 13:09:35

At 8/27/10 06:54 PM, smeagol1 wrote:
better get non stop head shots or it's useless.

The plates were 6in.x6in. That's a good deal smaller than a human head. With a little more practice on this weapon, and if I use my scope...

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-08-28 13:14:45

At 8/28/10 02:40 AM, Digital-Terror wrote:
At 8/27/10 10:16 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 8/27/10 10:16 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: When the zombie apocalypse comes, you'll all be the first to go.
Why?
Because it would be hilarious.

Yeah, that would be ironic, the most prepared people being eaten first.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-07 00:46:40

Eyyyy, can I join this crew?

Hey, I'm Jonathan. Call me Jonny. I have a computer. You probably don't.

Oh no, up is falling down!

Xbox Live: F1rst Play3r

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-07 00:59:26

Hey guys, I need some info on my surrounding area. I'm from rural SC, and my home town is a thousand strong. The closest big city is Columbia, which is about 60,000 or so.

In fact, my house is about ten miles away from the town I spoke of, and the area between is heavy forest and field.

Can you guys tell me how safe my area is in general?

[insert drumroll and obvious observation here, dumbass]

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-07 09:16:15

At 9/7/10 12:59 AM, Zakkles wrote: Hey guys, I need some info on my surrounding area. I'm from rural SC, and my home town is a thousand strong. The closest big city is Columbia, which is about 60,000 or so.

In fact, my house is about ten miles away from the town I spoke of, and the area between is heavy forest and field.

Can you guys tell me how safe my area is in general?

You will have some time to prepare for the Zeds to hit you actual home, depending on when you figure out its Zeds and start getting your Home barricaded. Still with in day it wont be safe outside for months.

Read some of the plans then see how they are put together. These plans are ways to you to increase your chances of coming out alive. Make a Plan yourself and I can tell you how long you will live. We prepare for a 10 Year Plan here so thats what yours should be made to.

Use the format the other plans have used if you can not find it it is linked in my sig.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-07 16:58:52

So heres a video of the zombie walk along with a pic of my sexiness in hunter wear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opd38036J nA

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/phot o.php?pid=544063&fbid=1274007630669&op=1 &o=global&view=global&subj=1000004645740 92&id=1844300070

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-11 13:43:04

i realy like to join cus 1: i REALLY like to shoot the living shit out of zombies 2: i like guns (SPAS-12 or AA-12 is my favorite kind of shotgun) 3: i play some zombie FPS shooters like : killing floor (ok not zombies but mutants but u get the idea) , left4dead , i played cod 5 nazi zombies ( i mean played: i can only play that game on my fathers computer) and a lot platform zombie games on the internet. me: "DAMN AGAIN A ZOMBIE" (is gonna pick up a shotgun) "BOOM!!" (zombie heads explode) game: "200xp!!"
me: "where did that came from? ah... :/ i dont mind" -The End-

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-11 18:52:03

At 9/11/10 01:43 PM, DragonBlood22 wrote: i realy like to join cus 1: i REALLY like to shoot the living shit out of zombies 2: i like guns (SPAS-12 or AA-12 is my favorite kind of shotgun)

Go troll somewhere else.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-11 19:40:04

At 9/11/10 01:43 PM, DragonBlood22 wrote: Shit so unintelligent, it's meaning has the world's top scientists baffled.

Are you a smart five-year-old or a fucking stupid ten-year-old?

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-11 21:18:43

'Colin' the $75 Zombie Horror Sensation, makes its North American Theatrical Premiere at the 13th Floor Haunted House in San Antonio, TX

Walking Shadows LLC announces that the surprise hit of the Cannes Film Festival, "Colin," a British zombie movie, which cost just $75 (£45) to make, will make its North American Premiere at the 13th Floor Haunted House in San Antonio, Texas on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - before moving to theaters nationwide in September and October.

"Colin" is a new take on the traditional zombie film genre, telling the tale through the eyes of the zombie, played by 29-year-old Alastair Kirton.

Filmmaker Marc Price made headlines around the world when his DIY movie gained critical acclaim for being a fresh voice in a well-worn genre and was hailed as "redefining no-budget film-making."

Price is thrilled that US audiences will now get to see his movie, after news of the film was featured on US television networks including CNN, ABC, and CBS - before finding a U.S. distributor.

13th Floor Haunted House is San Antonio's largest haunted house attraction and the newest attraction to the America Haunts network of professional haunted houses, regarded as some of America's best haunted houses, including the House of Torment in Austin, TX and The 13th Floor and Asylum in Denver, CO.

Price made COLIN for around $75 in cash - spent mostly on a crowbar - and tea and cookies for the zombies. He relied on friends and Facebook to cast his legion of undead extras. It took over 18 months and buckets of determination for Price to make the movie on a 10-year-old camcorder that broke during the shoot.

"If our film does anything, hopefully it will make some 14-year old who wishes to make a movie, say 'Oh, it's entirely possible, because my mobile phone has a better resolution than this guy's camcorder.' I am excited by the idea of people watching my cheap little film and thinking 'If this guy can do it, then so can I.'"

At time of press, COLIN has also booked the following playdates:

Sept 23 13th Floor Haunted House San Antonio, TX
Sept 24-30 Facets Cinematheque Chicago IL
Oct 1-2 The Guild Cinema Albuquerque, NM
Oct 4-10 Film Action Oregon Portland, OR
Oct 15-17 Telluride Horror Show Telluride, CO
Oct 21 Spooky Movie Film Festival Washington, DC
Oct 23 Knoxville Horror Film Fest Knoxville, TN
Oct 30 The Showroom Asbury Park, NJ

For additional information on the 13th Floor or America Haunts, please contact Jennifer L. Cherry, jcherry@marxlayne.com, +1-248-855-6777 or +1-586-212-3122 (mobile).

For photographs or interviews with Filmmaker Marc Price, please contact Helen Grace, press@colinmovie.com, (011) 44-7802-299182 (UK mobile).

For bookings or preview DVDs, please contact Walking Shadows LLC, info@walking-shadows.com, +1-310-855-3366.

www.colinmovie.com

COLIN trailer

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-09-11 21:29:45

At 9/11/10 09:18 PM, walkingshadows wrote: www.colinmovie.com

COLIN trailer

Nice copy-paste/movie-whoring there.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-09 21:04:16

I just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention. It's a television show on AMC about a zombie apocalypse of sorts, and it premiers on October 31st.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-10 16:12:39

Already been posted but thanks. I Plan on posting another reminder on the 30th so everyone can set there Tivos or whatnot.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-11 14:52:28

At 10/10/10 04:12 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Already been posted but thanks. I Plan on posting another reminder on the 30th so everyone can set there Tivos or whatnot.

By the way, do you know if it is being showed on any other channels? I don't get AMC anymore.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-11 14:55:26

At 10/11/10 02:52 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 10/10/10 04:12 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Already been posted but thanks. I Plan on posting another reminder on the 30th so everyone can set there Tivos or whatnot.
By the way, do you know if it is being showed on any other channels? I don't get AMC anymore.

Ill be online the next day. You can get it on Hulu or AMC.com I bet. Or you can just BitTorrent it.

Governor of the ZSC

BBS Signature

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-11 15:05:01

At 10/11/10 02:55 PM, TheRipper00 wrote:
At 10/11/10 02:52 PM, Scarface wrote:
Ill be online the next day. You can get it on Hulu or AMC.com I bet. Or you can just BitTorrent it.

Okay, thanks for the tip.

By the way, seeing as how this thread has sort of died down a little bit, would you like to try your hand at writing? I'd have to okay it with the other members, but if you click the 'Zombie Survival Story' link in my SIG, I think you might like to join. Plus, you're not the type to write a half-assed, paragraph-long chapter of the story. You seem like the type of person who could really get into it.

If you're interested, of course.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-19 13:23:07

At 10/9/10 09:04 PM, Scarface wrote: I just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention. It's a television show on AMC about a zombie apocalypse of sorts, and it premiers on October 31st.

If the show piques your interest, I highly recommend picking up the Graphic novels it's based on. I'm really looking forward to see how they portray it on television but seeing as it is a series after all I'm afraid they'll cancel it before it can tell the full story (which is still going).

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-19 15:42:31

At 10/19/10 01:23 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
At 10/9/10 09:04 PM, Scarface wrote: I just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention. It's a television show on AMC about a zombie apocalypse of sorts, and it premiers on October 31st.
If the show piques your interest, I highly recommend picking up the Graphic novels it's based on. I'm really looking forward to see how they portray it on television but seeing as it is a series after all I'm afraid they'll cancel it before it can tell the full story (which is still going).

Yeah, it will likely get canceled after a few seasons, but I'll still probably buy them on DVD. Btw, I just found out I DO in fact get AMC.

Well, I know how I'm spending MY Halloween!

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-19 16:24:43

Hey fellow zombie enthusiast! Ever see "the dead are amongst us!" It's like a faux documentary series on zombie sightings like those throwback bigfoot/alien shows of the 90's. Here's a link, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBMxAR0P0 jY

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-10-19 18:05:09

At 10/19/10 03:42 PM, Scarface wrote:
Yeah, it will likely get canceled after a few seasons, but I'll still probably buy them on DVD. Btw, I just found out I DO in fact get AMC.

Well, I know how I'm spending MY Halloween!

I'm definately getting it on DVD as I don't have AMC (hell I don't have any television hook ups). It will be interesting to see what they change, keep or all out delete from the source material in order to fit on television. Regardless, hope it does well and that at least a few seasons come out of it.

The graphic novel series is at volume 10 at the moment... I think, maybe 12, can't quite remember.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-12-27 07:05:16

in one "of the dead" series, they are isolated in a shopping mall. I think they should stay instead of escaping to an island with uncertainties!

anyone know which movie was that?

Best Flash Game Ever! @ My Newgrounds Profile Page

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2010-12-27 21:16:33

At 12/27/10 07:05 AM, bestflashgameever wrote: in one "of the dead" series, they are isolated in a shopping mall. I think they should stay instead of escaping to an island with uncertainties!

It was Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake, made in 2004. Personally, while I do love the old George Romero zombie flicks, this one is my favorite.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-01-06 10:23:32

At 12/27/10 09:16 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 12/27/10 07:05 AM, bestflashgameever wrote: in one "of the dead" series, they are isolated in a shopping mall. I think they should stay instead of escaping to an island with uncertainties!

It was Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake, made in 2004. Personally, while I do love the old George Romero zombie flicks, this one is my favorite.

The mall situation was also from the original film, and they did want to escape in the original, it just never said where to. In Day they escaped to the islands.

And yeah, gotta agree that I preferred the remake over the original... but that's just me. I'm not saying its a better movie, only that I enjoyed it more.

Response to +++The Zombie Survival Crew+++ 2011-01-31 20:49:02

Hmm guys is the Crew alive again? haven't checked in awhile also this seems like a good game look at it!!!!