00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HPinky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

340,726 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-26 09:45:08

At 3/26/05 08:42 AM, LordGoulden wrote: I quite like him.... I mean... I like his comedy... Not that I have a crush on him or anything :P

One is not saying that the Big Yin isn't fun, one finds him most amusing. This doesn't mean that one want to see him running about in the nude.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-26 17:37:40

At 3/26/05 09:45 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: One is not saying that the Big Yin isn't fun, one finds him most amusing. This doesn't mean that one want to see him running about in the nude.

Quite. We shall have to do something about it. Maybe threaten to wax him all over, should he not stop his nude frolicing foibles

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 05:12:41

At 3/26/05 05:37 PM, Coop83 wrote: Quite. We shall have to do something about it. Maybe threaten to wax him all over, should he not stop his nude frolicing foibles

No we threaten to get someone else to wax him, for some reason one doesn't fancy the job.
Oh Happy Easter chaps.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 05:57:53

At 3/27/05 05:12 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: No we threaten to get someone else to wax him, for some reason one doesn't fancy the job.

One was not suggesting that we do the dirty deed ourselves. We hire professionals to do it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 13:18:21

At 3/27/05 05:12 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: No we threaten to get someone else to wax him, for some reason one doesn't fancy the job.
Oh Happy Easter chaps.

Happy easter old boy. How goes it chaps? What do you all think of the result of the boat race?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 13:24:47

At 3/27/05 01:23 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I have very bad news, and , as Englishmen, you can all relate to this. I'm going to the dentist in 2 days time. I am going to have 2 fillings, but still, only we British can fully understand the pain of bad teeth.

Oh dear. I feel for you old boy. Hope thigns go well for you old bena :-)

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 15:45:27

At 3/27/05 01:23 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I have very bad news, and , as Englishmen, you can all relate to this. I'm going to the dentist in 2 days time. I am going to have 2 fillings, but still, only we British can fully understand the pain of bad teeth.

Yes but being Englishmen we enjoy quite lowcost helthcare.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 16:26:38

Happy Easter old chap's... And to celebrate I say instead of egg hunting we good Rabbit hunting...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 17:51:20

At 3/27/05 04:26 PM, LordGoulden wrote: Happy Easter old chap's... And to celebrate I say instead of egg hunting we good Rabbit hunting...

Or we could just stay in and drink brandy?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 18:28:20

At 3/27/05 06:25 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: Ah, but I have to pay. Although I'm in full time education. The forms for claiming the dental money are means tested, which means I wont get anything, as my parents can afford it.

eh? what? When was that introduced? I thought Dental care was free for everyone in Full Time education.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-27 18:38:44

At 3/27/05 06:35 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: I thought so aswell, but my dentist handed me a claims form. Mabye it's different in Scotland. My parents were livid.

A bit of bad luck for you then. hmmm i'm going to have to investiagate this see if I'm going t have to pay. How much was it,if you don't mind me asking,. My APrents will froce me to pay for it mysself if I ahve to pay for the dentist so I would like some idea about how much I could hav to fork out.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-28 14:26:09

At 3/27/05 05:51 PM, -Manic- wrote: Or we could just stay in and drink brandy?

My word, that sounds like a marvelous idea! Tell me more about it, over a glass of Brandy, Manic.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-30 13:28:52

At 3/28/05 02:36 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 3/27/05 06:38 PM, -Manic- wrote: How much was it,if you don't mind me asking,.
About 38 pounds. You wont have to pay, I am sure of it. :)

I should bloody well hope not. My Family have done much for this country so we shouldn't be forced to pay for such menial thigns liek Dentist bills!

At 3/28/05 02:26 PM, Coop83 wrote: My word, that sounds like a marvelous idea! Tell me more about it, over a glass of Brandy, Manic.

Of course. Simmons pour a glass of Brandy for Coop. Now then my plans were that we should just sit here in front of the fire and discuss the world events and sip brandy. Good plan don't you think? I'm rather pleased I came up with it.

Oh on a different note the BNP are on the rampage the blighters tried to recruit me. Parents were out and they knocked on me door asking me to donate money to their campaign. Naturally one laughe din their face and sent them packing. Ones hounds got lots of excercise that dayi must say.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-30 15:58:14

At 3/30/05 01:28 PM, -Manic- wrote:
At 3/28/05 02:26 PM, Coop83 wrote: My word, that sounds like a marvelous idea! Tell me more about it, over a glass of Brandy, Manic.
Of course. Simmons pour a glass of Brandy for Coop. Now then my plans were that we should just sit here in front of the fire and discuss the world events and sip brandy. Good plan don't you think? I'm rather pleased I came up with it.

How interesting *sips brandy*

Oh on a different note the BNP are on the rampage the blighters tried to recruit me. Parents were out and they knocked on me door asking me to donate money to their campaign. Naturally one laughe din their face and sent them packing. Ones hounds got lots of excercise that dayi must say.

Well, they do embody the true values of the British Empire: Sexist, Racist, Minds stuck in the 1870s. Which is one of the reasons one prefers to refer to oneself as English (No offence intended to any Scots, Irish or Welsh. (Well, maybe the Welsh, a little)

In the Football tonight, England remain on course for a berth in the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany, beating Azerbaijan 2-0. Steven Gerrard and David Beckham got the goals. We remain a point ahead of Poland, who won 1-0 against Wales.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-30 16:31:01

Sorry to change the subject... But one has the blues... As Easter holidays draws ever closer to an end... and one must return to that Hive of stupidity... know as 'High School'...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-30 16:49:21

At 3/30/05 04:31 PM, LordGoulden wrote: Sorry to change the subject... But one has the blues... As Easter holidays draws ever closer to an end... and one must return to that Hive of stupidity... know as 'High School'...

Well, at least you get a holiday. One must toil at one's workplace for all but 4 weeks of the year. Don't knock it, you will only get one better chance to do very little: University! When you reach the big wide world, you will find it isn't all fun and games.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-03-31 15:40:21

At 3/30/05 04:49 PM, Coop83 wrote: Well, at least you get a holiday. One must toil at one's workplace for all but 4 weeks of the year. Don't knock it, you will only get one better chance to do very little: University! When you reach the big wide world, you will find it isn't all fun and games.

Good God! Is that all yuo get old boy? When one inhabits number 10 I shall endeavour to get you more holiday time........or at leats a later startong time. One be;lieves 9 to 5 is stupid i think 12-7 is better as it lets people get proper sleep and it still gets roughly the same amount of work done.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-01 03:58:06

At 3/31/05 03:40 PM, -Manic- wrote: Good God! Is that all yuo get old boy? When one inhabits number 10 I shall endeavour to get you more holiday time

Get in the queue, One believes I was there first

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-01 07:37:05

At 4/1/05 03:58 AM, Coop83 wrote: Get in the queue, One believes I was there first

Hold on chaps first of all we need a get that tramp out of it. How did that fool get in......I mean apart from no one else being up for the vote that could do the job.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-01 10:12:26

At 4/1/05 03:58 AM, Coop83 wrote: Get in the queue, One believes I was there first

We shall see Coop. we shall see. depending on your political allegiances one will be quit ehappy to step down.....provided of course you are not a labour or Conservative supporter. If you are a libDem man then one will quite happily step aside for you. just make sure I get to be Chancellor of the exchequer or whatever post it is that Gordon brown holds.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-01 11:38:04

At 3/30/05 03:58 PM, Coop83 wrote:
In the Football tonight, England remain on course for a berth in the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany, beating Azerbaijan 2-0. Steven Gerrard and David Beckham got the goals. We remain a point ahead of Poland, who won 1-0 against Wales.

If i must say so myself, that was a dismal match, one did not feel proud to be english. I do not know what the devil Michael Owen was up to. Perhaps he has gone a bit crazy whilst being in sunny Spain. Wouldn't you agree?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-01 11:45:55

At 4/1/05 11:38 AM, xsmorrisx wrote: If i must say so myself, that was a dismal match, one did not feel proud to be english. I do not know what the devil Michael Owen was up to. Perhaps he has gone a bit crazy whilst being in sunny Spain. Wouldn't you agree?

One has no idea what you are reffering to as one did not watch the match. What ar eyou on about old boy?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-01 16:47:23

At 4/1/05 10:12 AM, -Manic- wrote:
We shall see Coop. we shall see. depending on your political allegiances one will be quit ehappy to step down.....provided of course you are not a labour or Conservative supporter. If you are a libDem man then one will quite happily step aside for you. just make sure I get to be Chancellor of the exchequer or whatever post it is that Gordon brown holds.

One is a member of the Independant Tea Party. We strive to cut ties with Europe, strengthen the pound even more and end world poverty. We have other policies, but one can't think of them at the moment.

At 4/1/05 11:38 AM, xsmorrisx wrote: If i must say so myself, that was a dismal match, one did not feel proud to be english. I do not know what the devil Michael Owen was up to. Perhaps he has gone a bit crazy whilst being in sunny Spain. Wouldn't you agree?

At the end of the day it does not matter weather we won 1-0, 2-0 or 10-0. The point is that we won. We can't get any more points for winning 10-0 that we get for winning 2-0, so let's just get on with it and book ourselves a place in Germany.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-03 05:28:17

At 4/1/05 04:47 PM, Coop83 wrote: At the end of the day it does not matter weather we won 1-0, 2-0 or 10-0. The point is that we won. We can't get any more points for winning 10-0 that we get for winning 2-0, so let's just get on with it and book ourselves a place in Germany.

Indeed, its not the taking part, but the beating the johnny forgeiners that counts.
What was all this about the Tea Party again. Does this mean the party is starting back up just in time for the general?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-03 14:40:00

At 4/1/05 04:47 PM, Coop83 wrote: One is a member of the Independant Tea Party. We strive to cut ties with Europe, strengthen the pound even more and end world poverty. We have other policies, but one can't think of them at the moment.

If you are an independent then hwo can you be part of a party? And if you are independent then you can't become P.M. as its the party with the majority ( I think) that gets the residency at number 10.

besides one thinks being part of Europe is a good thing personally. The bits about the pound getting stronger and ending poverty I like the sound of.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-03 15:18:49

At 4/3/05 02:40 PM, -Manic- wrote: If you are an independent then hwo can you be part of a party? And if you are independent then you can't become P.M. as its the party with the majority ( I think) that gets the residency at number 10.

By 'Independant Party', one means a party which runs seperately from the Big Three (Labour, Tory and Lib Dem) Our views are the best bits from all of them, plus a few of our own.

besides one thinks being part of Europe is a good thing personally. The bits about the pound getting stronger and ending poverty I like the sound of.

Being a part of Europe, as far as we are on the same continent, so freedom of movement rules, etc. However, being governed by Brussells, one wants no part of thankyouverymuch.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-03 15:24:13

At 4/3/05 03:18 PM, Coop83 wrote: By 'Independant Party', one means a party which runs seperately from the Big Three (Labour, Tory and Lib Dem) Our views are the best bits from all of them, plus a few of our own.

ah I see. Best of luck old bean. you'll be needing it one thinks. Unless you have a secret plan to win the election that is?

Being a part of Europe, as far as we are on the same continent, so freedom of movement rules, etc. However, being governed by Brussells, one wants no part of thankyouverymuch.

why? it isn't that bad really. It may mean we eventually become the United states of Europe but that would create a stronger Europe and would ensure that if anyone in europe got invaded then they would definetley get help form everyone else.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-05 06:23:19

At 4/3/05 03:24 PM, -Manic- wrote: why? it isn't that bad really. It may mean we eventually become the United states of Europe but that would create a stronger Europe and would ensure that if anyone in europe got invaded then they would definetley get help form everyone else.

You obviously haven't seen it from one's point of view. If we become part of the USE (United States of Europe), we will have to put up with certain indignities:

1) Loss of our national identity. I don't want to be classed as a European, because most Europeans are inferior to us. There are a few, who could actually be equals to us. I am English, Dammit!

2) On a similar theme, one does not want to be ruled by a Frenchman, they would have everyone learn that exceptioanlly boring language, with no use whatsoever.

3) One does not want to use foreign money. One is quite happywith the Pound and how strong it is. The Euro is severely flawed at the moment and shows no sign of recovery in the near future. (Much like the Dollar)

4) I am in favour of a Monarchist Democracy at the moment, for it works (In the most part) I would not like to see the government shifted from Westminster, to Brussels, where the Europeans, who have never set foot on England's green and furtile lands, decide what is right for us.

There are more, but I shall leave you with the first few for now.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-05 15:27:26

At 4/5/05 06:23 AM, Coop83 wrote: 1) Loss of our national identity. I don't want to be classed as a European, because most Europeans are inferior to us. There are a few, who could actually be equals to us. I am English, Dammit!

That would be a small problem yes but if each of the countries became the equivalent of the states in America then we would still have an identity. But Americans already class us as Europeans and don't we class the as Americans? we don't refer to thos from Texas as Texans or those from New York as New yorkers do we?

2) On a similar theme, one does not want to be ruled by a Frenchman, they would have everyone learn that exceptioanlly boring language, with no use whatsoever.

I alreayd learn french so that doesn't bother me much but I can't dee a frenchman ruling over us really.

3) One does not want to use foreign money. One is quite happywith the Pound and how strong it is. The Euro is severely flawed at the moment and shows no sign of recovery in the near future. (Much like the Dollar)

Adapting the Euro could prove beneficary to the Country though. It'sd possible thta us changing to the Euro could decrease inflation which would be very good.

4) I am in favour of a Monarchist Democracy at the moment, for it works (In the most part) I would not like to see the government shifted from Westminster, to Brussels, where the Europeans, who have never set foot on England's green and furtile lands, decide what is right for us.

As I'm sure the French don't want a Brit to rule that hasn't been to France. That is just a matter of NAtional pride no country wants to be ruled by a foriegner.

All those concerns you brought up are legitimate but hey are all issues that could be dealt with besides if youre so Anti-Europe then go vote for UKIP.

But onto different news! The general election has been announced and there is a chance of a Hung Parliament. One thinks this election could be very interesting.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-04-05 15:44:36

At 4/5/05 03:27 PM, -Manic- wrote: That would be a small problem yes but if each of the countries became the equivalent of the states in America then we would still have an identity. But Americans already class us as Europeans and don't we class the as Americans? we don't refer to thos from Texas as Texans or those from New York as New yorkers do we?

Yes, but that's different. Most of the states of America weren't countries in their own rights before the Union occured. They were just colonies from European settlers. I want no part of a united Europe, because it just doesn't feel English. (Most Americans refer to us as Brits, not Europeans)

I alreayd learn french so that doesn't bother me much but I can't dee a frenchman ruling over us really.

Open your eyes, Manic, it's closer than you think.

Adapting the Euro could prove beneficary to the Country though. It'sd possible thta us changing to the Euro could decrease inflation which would be very good.

I don't understand what you're getting at here. Inflation is at it's BEST possible rate in the past 50 years. Gordon Brown has done a great job as chancellor in the past 8 years. We don't need inflation to decrease, that would weaken the pound and destabilise the whole economy.

As I'm sure the French don't want a Brit to rule that hasn't been to France. That is just a matter of NAtional pride no country wants to be ruled by a foriegner.

I'm an Englishman who's been to France. I'm just as sure they don't want me ruling, either.

All those concerns you brought up are legitimate but hey are all issues that could be dealt with besides if youre so Anti-Europe then go vote for UKIP.

UKIP doesn't have ANY other policies except exit from Europe. I want to be able to use my vote to achieve something, but not to neglect other things, like services and taxes.

But onto different news! The general election has been announced and there is a chance of a Hung Parliament. One thinks this election could be very interesting.

Wake up and smell the coffee, Manic. There is NO CHANCE of a hung parliment. Labour will lose some of it's majority, the Tories might lose out their second place to the Lib Dems, but Labour will still win. This is due to the fact that there has not been an effective opposition party since 1997, when Labour stopped being the opposition and became the government.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature