00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Amoongoos1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

340,736 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-01 07:49:05

At 6/29/07 08:03 AM, KingRugger wrote: I feel we can be Britain as a whole can be optimistic about Brown...

Yes, I'm holding out for Brown.

I still can't make up my mind about Cameron though, any thoughts?

There is a saying, fool me once...

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-02 03:49:53

*adjusts tie and suit jacket uncomfortabley* I say men, i'm getting an awful thirst...how goes the distillery?

You better get outta my face, or i'm gonna ROUNDHOUSE your ass!!!!

Brothers everywhere, raise your fists into the air. We're warriors - warriors of the world

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-02 08:46:23

At 7/2/07 03:49 AM, KingRugger wrote: *adjusts tie and suit jacket uncomfortabley* I say men, i'm getting an awful thirst...how goes the distillery?

I shall continue to wait, even though the weather is turning towards sunny, it doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves. *Opens secret compartment in the bookcase and pulls out a pitcher of Pimms*

Don't tell Alexander Armstrong though, or he'll be crawling all over the place trying to find one's stash ;)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-02 09:44:24

At 7/2/07 08:46 AM, Coop83 wrote:
I shall continue to wait, even though the weather is turning towards sunny, it doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves. *Opens secret compartment in the bookcase and pulls out a pitcher of Pimms*

Don't tell Alexander Armstrong though, or he'll be crawling all over the place trying to find one's stash ;)

Oh Coop, you old scoundrel :P

Speaking of which, altough the weather is becoming pleasant now, we had had flooding up here last night. I've had to sandbag to the doors and help pump out my grandfathers back garden, it was knee deep as the back it of it has steps creating a resevoir of sorts. It's not as bad as Wales is though - they have had to evacuate some areas I'm led to believe.

Brothers everywhere, raise your fists into the air. We're warriors - warriors of the world

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-02 12:25:58

At 7/2/07 03:49 AM, KingRugger wrote: *adjusts tie and suit jacket uncomfortabley* I say men, i'm getting an awful thirst...how goes the distillery?

almost finished, now, actually. i'm just having a bit of trouble with the front door, though... it's got an awful squeaking sound whenever you open or close it, and i just can't find the bloody WD40 anywhere.

don't worry though, apart from the front door, we're in full swing! anyone for some EGC single malt?

At 7/2/07 08:46 AM, Coop83 wrote: I shall continue to wait, even though the weather is turning towards sunny, it doesn't mean we can't enjoy ourselves. *Opens secret compartment in the bookcase and pulls out a pitcher of Pimms*

i'll have some of that Pimms there old boy! cheers!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-02 13:24:31

At 7/2/07 12:25 PM, NEVR wrote:
almost finished, now, actually. i'm just having a bit of trouble with the front door, though... it's got an awful squeaking sound whenever you open or close it, and i just can't find the bloody WD40 anywhere.

don't worry though, apart from the front door, we're in full swing! anyone for some EGC single malt?

Haazzahh!

*Rumages for suitable drinking glasses* Aahh there we are...EGC on thr rocks :D

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-02 15:56:44

At 7/2/07 01:24 PM, KingRugger wrote: Haazzahh!

*Rumages for suitable drinking glasses* Aahh there we are...EGC on thr rocks :D

what finer beverage is there to sip on a warm summers day, amongst the good company of the EGC =)

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-02 23:58:28

I say, I would love to become a member of such a fine and upstanding club, chatting with all of the more cultured chaps on these forums!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 06:59:37

*sips at EGC* Good stuff.

Tri-Nitro-Toluene, out of curiosity, how goes the job hunt?

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 08:22:06

At 7/2/07 09:44 AM, KingRugger wrote: Oh Coop, you old scoundrel :P

One should never build such a building as this and not put away certain cubby holes where valuables and the like may be stashed, should the occasion call for it.

At 7/2/07 12:25 PM, NEVR wrote: i'll have some of that Pimms there old boy! cheers!

*raises glass* Cheers

At 7/2/07 01:24 PM, KingRugger wrote: *Rumages for suitable drinking glasses* Aahh there we are...EGC on thr rocks :D

High-ball tumblers and lots of ice, old bean. Let us stretch it out a way.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 08:25:45

At 7/3/07 06:59 AM, KingRugger wrote: *sips at EGC* Good stuff.

Tri-Nitro-Toluene, out of curiosity, how goes the job hunt?

I really should actually start looking...

Well, I have started looking, but it fares badly. They all want experience. So I'm cheating. I've volunteered at charity shops to get some 'retail experience' then I'm going after a proper job that pays.

In the mean time I'm helping cut elittle puppies by selling used books.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 10:37:43

At 7/3/07 08:22 AM, Coop83 wrote: One should never build such a building as this and not put away certain cubby holes where valuables and the like may be stashed, should the occasion call for it.

quite, it's what us Englishmen DO.

At 7/2/07 12:25 PM, NEVR wrote: i'll have some of that Pimms there old boy! cheers!
*raises glass* Cheers

fancy any EGC single malt, Coop? i know how you love your single malt =)

At 7/3/07 08:25 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: I really should actually start looking...

i hate the process of looking for a job. especially at our age, where it's not a career as much as a means to some cash. it's just irritating.

Well, I have started looking, but it fares badly. They all want experience. So I'm cheating. I've volunteered at charity shops to get some 'retail experience' then I'm going after a proper job that pays.

eurgh. i had no retail experience before i got my first job in Ralph Lauren. retail is all about customer service at the moment, if you have an interview and you say a load of rubbish about how you cherish the customer's needs and all that, you should be alright.

In the mean time I'm helping cut elittle puppies by selling used books.

sounds thrilling =) good luck though, old chap.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 13:40:16

One played a quite excellent game of golf. I know most of you hate the idea of hitting a ball around a course, but anyways, I did manage to score a hole in one and four birdies. Quite good, for a worse than amatuer golfer like oneself, eh?

This wench from Ardolis once got drunk and told us, "A life of crime don't pay." But killin', ca'rousin, stealin', and rough housing fill coffers every day!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 15:22:37

At 7/3/07 01:40 PM, Tech2211995 wrote: One played a quite excellent game of golf. I know most of you hate the idea of hitting a ball around a course, but anyways, I did manage to score a hole in one and four birdies. Quite good, for a worse than amatuer golfer like oneself, eh?

That is quite a comendable scorecard for a worse than amatuaer golfer, definitley so.

Well i'm counting down the days till my interviews...i have 2 in the space of 3 days - rather daunting i know, but i dont feel to nervous. Me thinks if i relax and let them know i willing to put 100% in, i'll come out on top.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 17:50:45

At 7/3/07 08:25 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: In the mean time I'm helping cute little puppies by selling used books.

I hope it pays off TNT, speaking of care of the animals.

I have been considering becoming a vegeterian.

Any thoughts/insults?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-03 18:22:47

At 7/3/07 05:50 PM, Spiked wrote: I have been considering becoming a vegeterian.

Any thoughts/insults?

As long as you don't start forcing your opinions onto me, do what you like. If you think that eating animals is cruel then fair enough.The moment you start considering Veganism though I reserve the right to slap you as that ISN'T healthy at all.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 05:11:47

At 7/3/07 05:50 PM, Spiked wrote:
I have been considering becoming a vegeterian.

Any thoughts/insults?

Fire on - its perfectly healthy. Its a choice only you can make, so if you're doing it for the right reasons chocs away! But as Tri-Nitro-Toluene said, dont become a vegan. Its just daft. They really annoy me. Also, people who automatically assume they will not like something and dont try ANYTHING reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally annoy me.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 05:47:28

Well, i do think i would fit in swimmingly!

I have been reviewing the BBS recently, and i discovered that over half of Newgrounds are douchebags. Please, old bean, accept my request too join your fine club.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 06:36:03

Welcome fellow gentleman, i have no objections to you joining. As was said to me on my joining day - pull up a pew :)

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 06:43:59

Why thank you, kind sir. But please note i am an alt, and my main has no intention of joining.
Now, anyone up for a spot of golf? Maybe croquet?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 10:48:07

At 7/4/07 06:43 AM, Bing-Lee wrote: Now, anyone up for a spot of golf? Maybe croquet?

*has clubs already here because i just played a game* Of course! One is always up for a spot of golf, what what?

This wench from Ardolis once got drunk and told us, "A life of crime don't pay." But killin', ca'rousin, stealin', and rough housing fill coffers every day!

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 11:12:17

Neh men, i'm more of a rugger man myself. Nothing beets a bit of physicallity to relieve one of dat-to-day stresses.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 11:29:22

At 7/4/07 06:43 AM, Bing-Lee wrote: Why thank you, kind sir. But please note i am an alt, and my main has no intention of joining.

you talk as if you're two different people. split personality? or are you just too ashamed to join on your main? =)

golf is a terrible game. rugger for me.

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 12:11:29

At 7/4/07 11:29 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 7/4/07 06:43 AM, Bing-Lee wrote: Why thank you, kind sir. But please note i am an alt, and my main has no intention of joining.
you talk as if you're two different people. split personality? or are you just too ashamed to join on your main? =)

Split personality, dear.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 12:38:00

Ah now we're talking. What's your prefered position when playing, young-fellow-me'-lad?

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 13:54:40

I say, I would love a spot of golf, but I always seem to enjoy a good hunt more.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 14:07:48

At 7/4/07 05:11 AM, KingRugger wrote: Fire on - its perfectly healthy. Its a choice only you can make, so if you're doing it for the right reasons chocs away! But as Tri-Nitro-Toluene said, dont become a vegan. Its just daft.

Don't worry, the thought never croseed my mind.

Also, people who automatically assume they will not like something and dont try ANYTHING reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally annoy me.

Closed mindedness is one attribute in a person that I just can't stand for.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 15:27:27

At 7/3/07 08:25 AM, Tri-Nitro-Toluene wrote: In the mean time I'm helping cute little puppies by selling used books.

I'm helping poor little babies by recycling my used ink cartridges at work, that counts

At 7/3/07 05:50 PM, Spiked wrote: I have been considering becoming a vegeterian.

Any thoughts/insults?

You were born with incisors. These teeth are used to chew and assist digestion of meat. Our digestive system is designed to eat both meat and vegetable matter. Ethical treatment of animals is one thing, but refusing to eat meat completely for any other reason than because you don't like the flavour or texture is just plain dumb.

So who is your alt?

At 7/4/07 06:43 AM, Bing-Lee wrote: Now, anyone up for a spot of golf? Maybe croquet?

Mark Twain once said it was a good walk spoiled. One has to agree.

At 7/4/07 12:11 PM, Bing-Lee wrote:
At 7/4/07 11:29 AM, NEVR wrote: you talk as if you're two different people. split personality? or are you just too ashamed to join on your main? =)
Split personality, dear.

You really need to tell us, otherwise I will ahve to have you removed. For all I know, you could be a cunningly placed doctor within our institution, known as the NHS, ready to try and bomb us all out of existence.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 17:45:36

At 7/4/07 12:38 PM, KingRugger wrote:
Ah now we're talking. What's your prefered position when playing, young-fellow-me'-lad?

most backs positions, i started off as a winger, but i've been known to play inside and outside center, and full back. i can't really play fly-half as my kicking isn't strong enough, but i'm trying to get into playing scrum-half at the moment. what about yourself?

At 7/4/07 01:54 PM, 1337h4x0r2 wrote:
I say, I would love a spot of golf, but I always seem to enjoy a good hunt more.

i remember observing a hunt once. one silly woman managed to fall off her horse right at the start. amusing, to say the least =)

At 7/4/07 03:27 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 7/4/07 12:11 PM, Bing-Lee wrote: Split personality, dear.
You really need to tell us, otherwise I will ahve to have you removed. For all I know, you could be a cunningly placed doctor within our institution, known as the NHS, ready to try and bomb us all out of existence.

i didn't think of that... too much of the EGC single malt, you know... *places glass down*

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2007-07-04 20:25:07

Good sirs, my alt is Searp3nt. I'm banned, however. I MAY consider joining this club with my main, as i like it. But yeah, my alt and my main are two different accounts, and one could consider them two different people.

Also, i don't have bombs.