00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam

3,053 Views | 22 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Flash Forward Jam

On Friday we announced the Flash Forward Jam, where the goal is to make something interactive in Flash using AS2 (so it works via the current build of Ruffle) and share it on NG any time in January, after Flash has been removed from browsers. We’re gonna surprise people with a bunch of new Flash, running in browsers! The prize pool is already over $1k and open for donations. Read the post for more details.

I won’t be competing for a prize but I have been cooking something up to release next month!

New Site Skin by Shamfoo!

We just tossed up a new site skin by @Shamfoo! We went with a winter theme, with a variety of snowmen inspired by 2020 Newgrounds. You’ll need to be on desktop to see it, listen to this song while you do!

Left side, top to bottom: Among Us, Gentles, Ena, Satina

Right side, top to bottom: Friday Night Funkin, Orla’s Ear Worm, Ritz, Bonkers

Today’s Drawing Tablet Recipient

Today’s tablet recipient is @DraculKitten!

DraculKitten’s old tablet is in its final days. She’ll be kicking off 2021 with a fresh, new working tablet!

Today’s Featured Flash (without Flash)

Created by @Moosh for Pico Day 2006, Pico Sim Date is one of the better known dating sims on NG, and there are a lot! The tradition continues to this very day, with yesterday's release of Newgrounds High Visual Novel by @Wandaboy and @milkbarjack.

About the Drawing Tablet Giveaway

Newgrounds is hosting a 2020 Drawing Tablet Giveaway, inviting artists to apply for the chance to receive a drawing tablet. Applications are still open, however you must be US-based (tablets are sent directly from Amazon) and your chances will greatly improve if you have examples of your art or animation here on Newgrounds.

We’ve received generous donations from @Egoraptor, @AnonymousAlchemist, @SinclairStrange, @RonDMC, @SaucySaucepan, @Afro-Ninja, @Jonas, @NCH, @Sabtastic, @Squidly, @MSGhero, @Rarykos, @Straqt, @kleinerjunge, @DevAesthetic, @NickSenny, @MrChambers, @53xy83457, @AKA-38CAUTION and @Wegra. As a result, this will be our biggest tablet giveaway ever!

About Flash Preservation

Most of the content shared on NG nowadays isn’t Flash; you can share your HTML5 games and any sort of original animation you’ve made in video format, as well as art, music, voice reels and podcasts. As the original Flash Portal we also host a lot of classic and occasional new Flash content.

Newgrounds sponsors the development of Ruffle.rs, to run Flash content in the browser without Flash. Flash will be removed from browsers at the end of the year but thanks to Ruffle, we can enjoy Flash forever! Ruffle doesn’t support everything yet, which is why we have Newgrounds Player as a desktop fallback until it does.

Ruffle was created by @Mike as an open-source alternative to the Flash plug-in, free of all the legacy problems associated with Flash. Lots of smart people have gotten involved with the project and you can sponsor it with money or help as a Rust developer.

For the remainder of the year, I’ll be making regular posts highlighting both drawing tablet winners and classic Flash content that is now supported by Ruffle.

Community News

@Cleod-9 is hosting a Fraymakers Art Contest!

@Xinxinix is hosting a Secret Santa Art Trade!

@Everratic is hosting a Video Game Music Challenge!

@VoicesByCorey is looking for people who would like to join the 2021 Voice Acting Collab!

@pftq made an intriguing post in the Collabinator, if you’re looking for an adventure.

Today is your last chance to get a Christmas card from SantaSeven!

Here's a short @ShelbyBryant playlist, click the first thumbnail to play them back to back:

I cropped this a bit to make it work better as a Twitter card for this post:

iu_205134_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 11:39:31

At 12/6/20 11:28 AM, TomFulp wrote: I won’t be competing for a prize but I have been cooking something up to release next month!

Is it a steak?

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Congrats on the tablet @DraculKitten! Solid showcase.

And solid nostalgia selection again! Fond memories of Pico Sim Date too, plus all the concurrent ones from that time. Heyday of playing way way... too much. Ray Part 1 and Frank's Adventure come to mind now hmm..

Can't wait for January!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 12:51:57

At 12/6/20 12:22 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: And solid nostalgia selection again! Fond memories of Pico Sim Date too, plus all the concurrent ones from that time. Heyday of playing way way... too much. Ray Part 1 and Frank's Adventure come to mind now hmm..

Oh god Frank's Adventure. Feels like you've just gone and sent me back to Vietnam.

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 13:03:36

Man, you are going crazy with all these tablet giveaway Tom, keep it up!

As far with Flash Jam, how much successful you think it can get?

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 13:05:57

At 12/6/20 01:03 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: As far with Flash Jam, how much successful you think it can get?

I think if we promote it well it could bring out a decent turnout. Sorting out promo art still and then gonna push it harder.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 13:13:33

Flash Forward? Why not Flash Back?

uwu

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 13:32:35

At 12/6/20 12:51 PM, Urichov wrote:
At 12/6/20 12:22 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: And solid nostalgia selection again! Fond memories of Pico Sim Date too, plus all the concurrent ones from that time. Heyday of playing way way... too much. Ray Part 1 and Frank's Adventure come to mind now hmm..
Oh god Frank's Adventure. Feels like you've just gone and sent me back to Vietnam.

It wasn't that bad was it? XD

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 14:21:23

At 12/6/20 01:13 PM, Gimmick wrote: Flash Forward? Why not Flash Back?
uwu

Because we're making new Flash instead of reminiscing about old Flash!

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 14:32:08

At 12/6/20 01:32 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/6/20 12:51 PM, Urichov wrote:

Well I mean some of it was pretty obtuse lmao

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 14:36:53

Thank you so much for the shout out Tom! And it warms my heart so much that you're giving out these tablets.

It's been a long long while now but yeeeears ago, it was Tom who got me my first tablet as well. The thing has retired now like most tech, but I will never forget how you helped me continue being creative. I've never stopped since. Seriously... thank you so much <3

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 14:42:28

At 12/6/20 02:32 PM, Urichov wrote:
At 12/6/20 01:32 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 12/6/20 12:51 PM, Urichov wrote: Oh god Frank's Adventure. Feels like you've just gone and sent me back to Vietnam.
Well I mean some of it was pretty obtuse lmao

Back in the day when everything was simpler. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 17:38:07

Niiice congrats to today's winner!

Also, Flash jam sounds awesome!, I never learned anything too advanced in Action Script, but at the very least I could make a dress up game.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 17:50:42

At 12/6/20 11:28 AM, TomFulp wrote: We just tossed up a new site skin by @Shamfoo! We went with a winter theme, with a variety of snowmen inspired by 2020 Newgrounds.

And it is awesome.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 17:54:53

omg cute orla on the site skin <3333 thanks @shamfoo

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-06 21:39:50

Epic!

Site skin is epic too, been a fan of Shamfoo for quite some time.

The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-07 15:13:57

I really really liked this Shelby guy, I miss finding more original tracks with cool vocals and lyrics, it made me wanna upload more music here! There´s a sort of a metal thing on the portal, but it always feels like finding a rare jewel when I stumble across more chill original stuff with vocals like this.

I added him to my little chill indie rock(?) playlist. http://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/1d21d4449110dfc8efc07b66caf3aaac

Also, I wish more people shared playlists around here, it feels like only Tom posts his cmon guys)

At 12/7/20 03:13 PM, PegasuTV wrote: I really really liked this Shelby guy, I miss finding more original tracks with cool vocals and lyrics, it made me wanna upload more music here! There´s a sort of a metal thing on the portal, but it always feels like finding a rare jewel when I stumble across more chill original stuff with vocals like this.
I added him to my little chill indie rock(?) playlist. http://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/1d21d4449110dfc8efc07b66caf3aaac
Also, I wish more people shared playlists around here, it feels like only Tom posts his cmon guys)

Could this be... the perfect shameless Inktober 2019-2020 self-promotion opportunity? :P Just threw together a couple playlists with all my recordings (rap/mostly acapellas) from the past two here (starts slow but gets better)...

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/25ec8ac41817769ddfb5e9940b4b5fe5

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/0e59fc1567b064be94170c28d2186550

And so this isn't just all about me some ol' NG classics:

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/fb650a1e5bc8c085495aa763f910a8be

Nice selection above btw. Really do nae see these too often, though there's a weekly one in the Tank Tribune too, at least.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-09 06:49:19

At 12/6/20 05:38 PM, Butzbo wrote: Also, Flash jam sounds awesome!, I never learned anything too advanced in Action Script, but at the very least I could make a dress up game.

Finna be a looot of dress-up games in this jam. :P I too do have similar plans, with a twist...

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-09 20:14:38

Nice selection above btw. Really do nae see these too often, though there's a weekly one in the Tank Tribune too, at least.

holy shit, I remember checking out one or two of the "phonograph" playlists, but I just kinda skimmed through it for the last like, 10 editions and didnt even realize there was a playlist! thanks for reminding me of that!

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-10 01:18:15

At 12/6/20 11:28 AM, TomFulp wrote: Flash Forward Jam

I'm definitely interested in joining, but I have a few questions on the content.

1) What's your take on adult content in the flash forward jam? Are there any limitations that I should be aware of?

2) Is it alright if I have medals ingame?

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-10 17:11:44

At 12/9/20 08:14 PM, PegasuTV wrote:
holy shit, I remember checking out one or two of the "phonograph" playlists, but I just kinda skimmed through it for the last like, 10 editions and didnt even realize there was a playlist! thanks for reminding me of that!

Sure thing! It's pretty cool it really is a new one with each too. Lotta music.

BBS Signature

Response to Drawing Tablet 13, ShelbyBryant & Flash Jam 2020-12-24 03:32:01

Congrats to DraculKitten on winning the Drawing Tablet # 13. Lucky number 13. Enjoy your prize.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature