00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge

14,760 Views | 361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 15:10:46


What's up gamers, just made this account hope that's fine.


1st choice: Virtual Bond

2nd choice: Destroyer Encounter

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 15:23:24


  1. The Forgotten Journey
  2. Destroyer Encounter

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 16:17:30


Here are your groups:


@splitprune

Virtual Bond


@LwRichard

The Forgotten Journey


@LuckyDee

Psuedonatural / Outer Planes


@PulsaTio

Final Push

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 17:00:31


Ah well, why not trying. Interesting challenges. I go for:

  1. XRL HANGAR
  2. The Forgotten Journey

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 17:24:23


1st Choice: Psuedonatural / Outer Planes

2nd Choice: Destroyer Encounter

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 17:38:08


Here are your groups:


@Manderby

The Forgotten Journey


@FederalRepublicOBlap

Psuedonatural / Outer Planes

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 17:40:55


You can join the NG Audio discord server to talk about the event, share your progress, and ask for help.

https://discord.gg/FEFHzmFr

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 17:52:06


At 11/5/20 07:59 PM, Everratic wrote:
Welcome to the Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge!

What kind of challenge is this? 
You will compose video game music based on a challenge of your choice from the options provided below. I have invited a handful of highly skilled people from the community to design their own challenges with different themes, criteria, and sources of inspiration. 

How do I participate?
To register, reply to this thread with your first and second choices for the groups you wish to join. Each group will be capped at ten entries. Once you get approved, you will have two weeks to either submit your song or provide evidence of a work-in-progress in this thread. As long as you continually prove that you’re working on your entry, you can take as much time as you need until the deadline of Jan 31st, 23:59 est. When your entry is uploaded to the audio portal, you no longer have to provide evidence of a work-in-progress, and you can make changes at any time. If you sign up for a group and do not submit anything for two weeks, your spot may be given to another participant. Challenge designers are free to participate in other groups.

What do I get from participating?
The challenge designers will provide feedback to everyone in their group, and you can expect to receive feedback from other community members. This is also an opportunity to practice composing for games, show your skills to the community, and potentially find work and grow your audience. After the deadline has passed, I will create a thread showcasing all the submissions, and the moderators will feature some of them on the front page. By default, the judges will give feedback in the month of February; but, if you’ve completed your song earlier, you can solicit feedback sooner.

Can I collaborate?
Yes, collaborations are encouraged, and there are no limitations except that each person can only contribute to one entry. Feel free to ask for collaborations in this thread. 

Can I remix a song?
Sorry, remixes are not allowed. You must follow the audio portal rules.

Why is there a cap on submissions for each group?
We want to guarantee high quality feedback to all participants, and thus, we want to make sure each challenge designer has a manageable workload. I may add more groups later.

When will the winners be announced?
This is a mostly non-competitive event, so there will be no official winners, but you can still gain a lot from participating regardless of your skill level.

Feedback
The success of this event depends a lot on how much feedback is given, so please try to give as much feedback as you can to other participants. Even if you’re new to composing music and can’t offer much helpful criticism, simply stating what you like about a song will still be appreciated.

Links:
All Challenges
All Groups and Participants

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. If you like the idea, please share the link on social media and in music communities.


1.DESTROYER ENCOUNTER

2.Psuedonatural / Outer Planes Challenge


BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 18:22:07


At 11/7/20 05:52 PM, K-4998572 wrote:
1.DESTROYER ENCOUNTER
2.Psuedonatural / Outer Planes Challenge


Your second choice is approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 18:54:51


  1. XLR Hanger
  2. Pseudonatural / Outer Planes

SoundCloud | Discord: Wojo#0001 |

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 20:06:04


At 11/7/20 06:54 PM, FaunSound wrote:

Your first choice is approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 20:27:51


Choice 1: The Forgotten Journey

Choice 2: Final Push


BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-07 20:31:31


At 11/7/20 08:27 PM, JordanKyser wrote: Choice 1: The Forgotten Journey
Choice 2: Final Push


Your first choice is approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 10:53:02


1) Destroyer Encounter

2) Final Push



BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 11:23:55


At 11/8/20 10:53 AM, TrandafirTeodora wrote: 1) Destroyer Encounter
2) Final Push


Your second choice is approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 12:07:53


Looks like fun!


1st Choice: "8-bit Wandering"

2nd Choice: "Psuedonatural / Outer Planes"

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 12:43:28


At 11/8/20 12:07 PM, FateModified wrote: Looks like fun!

1st Choice: "8-bit Wandering"
2nd Choice: "Psuedonatural / Outer Planes"


Your first choice has been approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 13:10:07


Ooooo... I'm in!


I've added a 3rd and 4th selection in case the first two are already filled. I can't tell by what's already been posted if they have been, so bare with me please. ♥


1) Final Push

2) Psuedonatural / Outer Planes

3) Destroyer Encounter

4) 8-bit Wandering


Music. Art. Writing. Love.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 14:28:37


At 11/8/20 11:23 AM, Everratic wrote:
At 11/8/20 10:53 AM, TrandafirTeodora wrote: 1) Destroyer Encounter
2) Final Push
Your second choice is approved!


Thanks


BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 14:28:55


At 11/8/20 02:28 PM, TrandafirTeodora wrote:
At 11/8/20 11:23 AM, Everratic wrote:
At 11/8/20 10:53 AM, TrandafirTeodora wrote: 1) Destroyer Encounter
2) Final Push
Your second choice is approved!
Thanks!



BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 14:38:48


At 11/8/20 01:10 PM, TheVodouQueen wrote: Ooooo... I'm in!

I've added a 3rd and 4th selection in case the first two are already filled. I can't tell by what's already been posted if they have been, so bare with me please. ♥

1) Final Push
2) Psuedonatural / Outer Planes
3) Destroyer Encounter
4) 8-bit Wandering


Your first choice has been approved!


You can see groups here. The groups are capped at ten people in most cases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QuMhhPqIWhaO_cwkkP7fEt28P9CMymqyjDJgYQex7jY/edit?usp=sharing

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 17:19:43


ah! this looks like fun, may i join?


Choice 1: virtual bond

Choice 2: final push

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 18:05:43


At 11/8/20 05:19 PM, wilidacious wrote: ah! this looks like fun, may i join?

Choice 1: virtual bond
Choice 2: final push


Your first choice is approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 18:34:12


At 11/7/20 05:40 PM, Everratic wrote: You can join the NG Audio discord server to talk about the event, share your progress, and ask for help.
https://discord.gg/FEFHzmFr


Can we get another invite? That one seems to be invalid.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 18:49:54


At 11/8/20 06:34 PM, ian-booms wrote:
At 11/7/20 05:40 PM, Everratic wrote: You can join the NG Audio discord server to talk about the event, share your progress, and ask for help.
https://discord.gg/FEFHzmFr
Can we get another invite? That one seems to be invalid.


https://discord.gg/CabUDasq

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 19:23:20


At 11/5/20 07:59 PM, Everratic wrote:
Welcome to the Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge!

What kind of challenge is this? 
You will compose video game music based on a challenge of your choice from the options provided below. I have invited a handful of highly skilled people from the community to design their own challenges with different themes, criteria, and sources of inspiration. 

How do I participate?
To register, reply to this thread with your first and second choices for the groups you wish to join. Each group will be capped at ten entries. Once you get approved, you will have two weeks to either submit your song or provide evidence of a work-in-progress in this thread. As long as you continually prove that you’re working on your entry, you can take as much time as you need until the deadline of Jan 31st, 23:59 est. When your entry is uploaded to the audio portal, you no longer have to provide evidence of a work-in-progress, and you can make changes at any time. If you sign up for a group and do not submit anything for two weeks, your spot may be given to another participant. Challenge designers are free to participate in other groups.

What do I get from participating?
The challenge designers will provide feedback to everyone in their group, and you can expect to receive feedback from other community members. This is also an opportunity to practice composing for games, show your skills to the community, and potentially find work and grow your audience. After the deadline has passed, I will create a thread showcasing all the submissions, and the moderators will feature some of them on the front page. By default, the judges will give feedback in the month of February; but, if you’ve completed your song earlier, you can solicit feedback sooner.

Can I collaborate?
Yes, collaborations are encouraged, and there are no limitations except that each person can only contribute to one entry. Feel free to ask for collaborations in this thread. 

Can I remix a song?
Sorry, remixes are not allowed. You must follow the audio portal rules.

Why is there a cap on submissions for each group?
We want to guarantee high quality feedback to all participants, and thus, we want to make sure each challenge designer has a manageable workload. I may add more groups later.

When will the winners be announced?
This is a mostly non-competitive event, so there will be no official winners, but you can still gain a lot from participating regardless of your skill level.

Feedback
The success of this event depends a lot on how much feedback is given, so please try to give as much feedback as you can to other participants. Even if you’re new to composing music and can’t offer much helpful criticism, simply stating what you like about a song will still be appreciated.

Links:
All Challenges
All Groups and Participants

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. If you like the idea, please share the link on social media and in music communities.


  1. Destroyer Encounter
  2. Final Push

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 19:36:06


  1. Destroyer Encounter
  2. Pseudonatural/Outer Planes

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 20:09:00


  1. Pseudonatural/outer planes
  2. Final Push

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 20:19:04


Here are your groups:


@kadepow11

Destroyer Encounter


@EODTC

Pseudonatural/Outer Planes


@Jernemies

Final Push

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-08 21:10:58


Sounds fun. Maybe I'll finally complete something.

  1. The Forgotten Journey
  2. Psuedonatural / Outer Planes