00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge

14,759 Views | 361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 17:00:36

At 11/21/20 02:01 PM, Everratic wrote: @CzySzy
@Greyvoice
@K-4998572
@FaunSound

Your two week deadline is today. You just need to submit a work-in-progress or any form of evidence that you're working on a song. Once you do that, you'll get another two weeks.

If you have submitted evidence and I didn't see it, please resend it here.

Super sorry, loads of other projects and work got in my way for this one. Good luck to everyone else! Hopefully the world is a bit more calm when the next one comes around.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-22 04:49:08

At 11/21/20 12:28 PM, radicaldawg wrote: Well, it seems that my 2 week deadline is almost up; time to show what i've been doing i guess

i'm in mutty99's group of "virtual bond" so yeaa enjoy https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1552836/preview (idk if this works hopefully it does lol)

Keep going, this has potential!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-22 09:55:40

Alright. Feel free to reenter later if you have more time :)

Thanks for the opportunity! Let's see how things turn out in January.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-22 12:23:47

iu_198162_6107401.jpgWIP screenshot of @Hypervolt and I’s track for XRL Hangar

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-22 15:35:35

Your two-week deadline to submit a work in progress is today.

@TheVodouQueen

@wilidacious

@Jernemies

You have one more day

@ZipZipper

and two more days

@vocaloutburst

The acceptance rate for the WIPs is 100%. You can submit audio, a screenshot of your project, lyrics, etc. or even talk about what you have planned so far.

Don't panic if you can't submit anything; you can simply enter again after two weeks. The final deadline is January 31st.

@Everratic OK, give me a moment to at least get screenshots together.

Music. Art. Writing. Love.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-22 20:22:47

I am struggling and having some issues getting used to working with midis and meshing them with loops, but the first is what I am going to base my "Final Push" on. Wanted to go for it being a tuned-up, hyped-up, faster tempo reprise of the 'title screen' music, if I ever made the game to go with it.

I'll try to finalize the 'title / select screen' so people can hear and give feedback, before I start trying to integrate and morph it into the "Final Push" song.

...If I had the guts I'd try my share at writing lyrics and putting words to this rather than just using church-choir.exe, but sadly I'm a bit too shy and worried about my own music composing capabilities to try that yet. ...Just started composing around the beginning of September, this year, lol.

iu_198320_8216844.jpg

iu_198321_8216844.jpg

Music. Art. Writing. Love.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-22 21:09:26

At 11/22/20 08:22 PM, TheVodouQueen wrote: I am struggling and having some issues getting used to working with midis and meshing them with loops, but the first is what I am going to base my "Final Push" on. Wanted to go for it being a tuned-up, hyped-up, faster tempo reprise of the 'title screen' music, if I ever made the game to go with it.

I'll try to finalize the 'title / select screen' so people can hear and give feedback, before I start trying to integrate and morph it into the "Final Push" song.

...If I had the guts I'd try my share at writing lyrics and putting words to this rather than just using church-choir.exe, but sadly I'm a bit too shy and worried about my own music composing capabilities to try that yet. ...Just started composing around the beginning of September, this year, lol.

Good luck, and consider asking for feedback in the discord server - people are more active there.

https://discord.gg/4mZNdA8G

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-22 22:51:53

ah, all i have are thirty seconds of something ironically called, "promises", and the feeling of being back in high school on the morning a paper is due.

Updated WIP with rewritten intro, final boss theme, progress on the outro and some tweaks. I'm in LunacyEcho's Final Push

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/project/1547835

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-23 12:18:21

Can I do a song about "Final Push"?

At 11/6/20 03:46 AM, Riy0 wrote: 1. Destroyer Encounter
2. Final Push

Also question: can I submit something I am currently working on that was before applying?

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-23 12:46:30

At 11/23/20 12:18 PM, SpikeVallentine wrote: Can I do a song about "Final Push"?

You can possibly get that challenge for the event, but first you would have to follow the sign up rules like everyone else.

1) FINAL PUSH

2) FINAL PUSH

3) FINAL PUSH

4) Northpeaks Spy

Okay...am I the only one here that doesn't understand some of the 'genres'

What's "Northpeaks" Spy? Why isn't it just "spy music'? I have never heard of Northpeaks before. What is that referencing??? I even googled it, but nothing. I mean, basically it just means 'spy' music, right?

And...what's VIRTUAL BOND? How is that a genre or theme? My guess is....long distance friends? VR Friendship/relationships? THAT'S the theme? Very specific like that?

And then finally XRL hangar? That's the theme? What music there would be for an airplane hangar? Lol.

Did I get this correct?

The only one I'm interested in is Final Push. Can I get that one, please? I see there are more slots open!

I hope your day will be as bright as the sun!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-23 13:12:55

At 11/23/20 12:57 PM, SpikeVallentine wrote: 1) FINAL PUSH
2) FINAL PUSH
3) FINAL PUSH
4) Northpeaks Spy

What's "Northpeaks" Spy? Why isn't it just "spy music'? I have never heard of Northpeaks before. What is that referencing??? I even googled it, but nothing. I mean, basically it just means 'spy' music, right?

And...what's VIRTUAL BOND? How is that a genre or theme? My guess is....long distance friends? VR Friendship/relationships? THAT'S the theme? Very specific like that?

And then finally XRL hangar? That's the theme? What music there would be for an airplane hangar? Lol.

Did I get this correct?

The only one I'm interested in is Final Push. Can I get that one, please? I see there are more slots open!

All the challenges are explained in detail. Click “read more” in the challenges document to learn more. I’ll wait for you to do that and choose your favorites again.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-24 06:25:24

At 11/22/20 03:35 PM, Everratic wrote: You have one more day
@ZipZipper

I'm not gonna make it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-24 07:29:39

At 11/24/20 06:25 AM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 11/22/20 03:35 PM, Everratic wrote: You have one more day
@ZipZipper
I'm not gonna make it.

Alright, feel free to enter again at a later point.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-24 09:14:57

At 11/23/20 01:12 PM, Everratic wrote:
At 11/23/20 12:57 PM, SpikeVallentine wrote: 1) FINAL PUSH
2) FINAL PUSH
3) FINAL PUSH
4) Northpeaks Spy

Did I get this correct?

All the challenges are explained in detail. Click “read more” in the challenges document to learn more. I’ll wait for you to do that and choose your favorites again.

The name Virtual Bond is a sort of tribute to Cave Story, one of the main points of inspiration for my prompt.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-24 13:38:06

Since my time is (I pressume) about to run out until I hit the deadline, here's a very rough wip.

All feedback is appreciated as I'm not very fond of it, I *like* it but I still feel it's lacking in something, besides lenght I mean.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-24 13:52:47

To get feedback more reliably, I suggest

1. Join the discord server and post your work there https://discord.gg/tPg7exZG
  2. Give thoughtful feedback to other participants, especially those in the same group.
  3. If you’re totally done with your song, tag the challenge designer and request early feedback.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-25 01:08:35

At 11/22/20 03:35 PM, Everratic wrote: Your two-week deadline to submit a work in progress is today.
@TheVodouQueen
@wilidacious
@Jernemies

You have one more day
@ZipZipper

and two more days
@vocaloutburst

The acceptance rate for the WIPs is 100%. You can submit audio, a screenshot of your project, lyrics, etc. or even talk about what you have planned so far.

Don't panic if you can't submit anything; you can simply enter again after two weeks. The final deadline is January 31st.

Oh shit whoops uhh well if it's not too late my plan is to remix one of my old tracks to fit the challenge! Don't wanna spoil the surprise yet, but it's coming along nicely!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-26 10:56:50

@Tebyricat

@Troisnyx

@TenodiBoris

@Lashmush

You have one day to submit evidence of a work-in-progress. I'm giving some of you an extension because I didn't have time to send reminders.

and you have two days:

@Chepaki

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-26 12:10:18

Yep yep yep, I'm here!

So I still don't really know what I'm doing but I got Vital and I started playing around with it: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1555082/preview

I'm not even sure I'll use any of those instruments in the end but at least I'm getting used to Vital

All I know is that I wanna do something kinda "ambient" for this challenge

hey there

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-26 12:14:56

At 11/26/20 10:56 AM, Everratic wrote: @Tebyricat
@Troisnyx
@TenodiBoris
@Lashmush

You have one day to submit evidence of a work-in-progress. I'm giving some of you an extension because I didn't have time to send reminders.

and you have two days:
@Chepaki

I already did share lyrics elsewhere, by by heck I am struggling right now. There has been some progress but this feels so unwieldy...

iu_200061_3805804.png

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-27 16:43:15

One more day

@cavifax

Two more days

@ArcaneMusic

@ForgottenDawn

Three more days

@OliRO

Your deadlines to submit evidence of a work-in-progress are coming up soon. The acceptance rate for the WIPs is 100%. You can submit audio, a screenshot of your project, lyrics, etc. or even talk about what you have planned so far. Don't panic if you can't submit anything; you can simply enter again after two weeks. The final deadline is January 31st.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-28 08:56:27

At 11/27/20 04:43 PM, Everratic wrote: One more day
@cavifax

Two more days
@ArcaneMusic
@ForgottenDawn

Three more days
@OliRO

Your deadlines to submit evidence of a work-in-progress are coming up soon. The acceptance rate for the WIPs is 100%. You can submit audio, a screenshot of your project, lyrics, etc. or even talk about what you have planned so far. Don't panic if you can't submit anything; you can simply enter again after two weeks. The final deadline is January 31st.

Thanks for notifying me. I'll gladly leave my spot open for the taking since I won't likely be able to finish anything decent in time for the final deadline. Good luck to anyone else.

loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art\sig.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-28 22:43:34

At 11/27/20 04:43 PM, Everratic wrote: One more day
@cavifax

Two more days
@ArcaneMusic
@ForgottenDawn

Three more days
@OliRO

Here's my WIP:

I'm mostly done composing, maybe some details here and there, then it's mixing and mastering.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-29 16:04:59

Finally finished the composing of my track, still consider it in a WIP stage so any and all feedback is appreciated and Ill continue to make changes until the deadline hits

The following people don't have to worry about WIP deadlines anymore. Just submit your final version to the submissions thread before the final deadline on January 31st.

@vidu3k333

@PulsaTio

@FateModified

@001247

@DawMii

@Chepaki

@OliRO

@FederalRepublicOBlap

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-30 08:05:35

Wait was I kicked out?

lmms is the best daw on earth and no one can tell me otherwise