00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge

28,438 Views | 376 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-29 17:39:57

My entry for Northpeaks Spy, definitely not that great but I hope you still enjoy :)

Listen to me on Spotify! DM for commissions or collabs!

Clockbeat's Spotify

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-29 23:59:28

Wrapped up my project for XLR Hangar. Junk scrappin in the banger hangar.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-30 01:17:57

e p i c

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-30 04:04:26

At 1/26/21 12:14 AM, Everratic wrote: @vidu3k333
@radicaldawg
@FateModified
@TheVodouQueen
@wilidacious
@Avrik
@vocaloutburst
@TenodiBoris
@001247
@Lashmush
@DawMii
@Codefreq
@ClockbeatAdelony87
@nyxl
@baryiscool
@Quebi
@Cebster
@DJ-AfterBurnz
@BlueCheeseCult
@valdamaer
@Czen11
@WangLang
@Rafdows
@ivelischpfuli
@G348
@RetroCarrot
@Mabelma
@Verdusk
@Holokin
@SeanAlexi
@JimPellos
@GatorTots
@Raulboo
@vermeen
@nemoleeexe
@WakerLink

Hey guys. This is a reminder that the deadline is Jan 31st, 23:59 est. I don't intend to continue managing the event after the deadline. If you submit your song late, please contact the challenge designer directly.

I plan to create a new thread that features all the submissions within the first few posts. Because Newgrounds does not allow post editing post-15 minutes, your song may not be featured if you submit it late. Perhaps the mods can add late submissions.

Good luck!

Appreciate the reminder, and the little bit of leeway! I should hopefully have my track finished today.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-30 19:36:13

At 1/26/21 12:14 AM, Everratic wrote: @vidu3k333
@radicaldawg
@FateModified
@TheVodouQueen
@wilidacious
@Avrik
@vocaloutburst
@TenodiBoris
@001247
@Lashmush
@DawMii
@Codefreq
@ClockbeatAdelony87
@nyxl
@baryiscool
@Quebi
@Cebster
@DJ-AfterBurnz
@BlueCheeseCult
@valdamaer
@Czen11
@WangLang
@Rafdows
@ivelischpfuli
@G348
@RetroCarrot
@Mabelma
@Verdusk
@Holokin
@SeanAlexi
@JimPellos
@GatorTots
@Raulboo
@vermeen
@nemoleeexe
@WakerLink

Hey guys. This is a reminder that the deadline is Jan 31st, 23:59 est. I don't intend to continue managing the event after the deadline. If you submit your song late, please contact the challenge designer directly.

I plan to create a new thread that features all the submissions within the first few posts. Because Newgrounds does not allow post editing post-15 minutes, your song may not be featured if you submit it late. Perhaps the mods can add late submissions.

Good luck!

Also thanks for the reminder. ♥

I'll post the final version and its backup evidence / proof of workload sometime tomorrow.

It's nearly done. :D Just needs EQ management and mastering. I might try to play with the tempo to speed the song as it goes along (it's a 4-parter in 1 mp3 / wav), but for the most part everything including vol automation is done. :3

Music. Art. Writing. Love.

BBS Signature

Hey! Just finished my submission. This was for EctiBot - The Forgotten Journey. Hope you enjoy! https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1000829?updated=1612062675

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-31 07:35:55

Here's my final submission:

And here's some evidence of my DAW WIP:

iu_233911_8216844.jpg

iu_233912_8216844.jpg

Hope people enjoy the song! ♥ And TY @Everratic & @LunacyEcho for the opportunity. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-31 07:37:22

More DAW WIP (could only do 2 pictures at a time it seems):

iu_233913_8216844.jpg

iu_233914_8216844.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-31 08:29:54

To those of you who are still working on your songs, I suggest submitting whatever you have by the end of the day to ensure your song is featured in the final submissions thread.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-31 09:07:37

I'm finally done!! Please do another of these one soon

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-31 10:24:28

To the participants working on the prompt "Virtual Bond": if you are struggling with finishing your track in time or if you have similar issues, please dm me on Newgrounds as soon as you can. After 31st January, 23:59 EDT, i'll no longer accept new submissions.

Here is my submission for XLR Hangar, feedback is much appreciated. Gonna listen to your tracks now.

At 1/31/21 09:07 AM, DawMii wrote: I'm finally done!! Please do another of these one soon

https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1000927

I had not read the challenge description for your specific challenge, but you managed to make me think of some ominous otherworld regardless. Good work on nailing the feel. I think the composition works fine as it is. Only thing that could be improved is that I feel like everything is a bit too loud in relation to the main arpeggio. The bass, lead melodies, and auxillary parts could have been adjusted a bit more to make space. The bass, drums and auxillary parts could for example have been quieter. That way the lead melodies wouldn't have needed to be so loud to be heard, and the song could have felt more balanced and pleasant to listen to. Overall I enjoyed listening to the song, and as I said you nailed the atmosphere. Good work! FYI if you do make changes to the song, you can replace the mp3 on your song page but still keep the views, ratings and comments.

I just realized there's gonna be a thread for showcasing so I'll save more feedback for that thread.

Finished my submission for xlr hanger. pls give feeback

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-31 20:55:05

almost done!! the project is using all my computer's resources so the quality checking is still sluggishiu_234224_8055537.jpg

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-01-31 21:08:08

As a reminder, please use the submissions thread

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1459685

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2021-03-11 00:48:34

I didn't forget to write the remaining reviews - I figure it's better for the recipients to wait a bit and receive more thoughtful reviews than receive rushed reviews sooner. I usually only have one day -two days at most- per week when I'm not exhausted :( That's why I haven't composed much lately.