00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge

14,769 Views | 361 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-18 14:39:18

At 11/17/20 07:31 PM, CryNN wrote:
At 11/17/20 06:42 PM, Everratic wrote: @Catpocalypse
@CryNN
@Riy0
@Zoonotist
@wobwobrob

Your two week deadline is coming up soon. You just need to submit a work-in-progress or any form of evidence that you're working on a song. Once you do that, you'll get another two weeks.
Alright noted! Thanks

I already posted mine to NG, I am not sure how to submit it to be recognized for the challenge

:////

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-18 14:45:24

At 11/18/20 02:39 PM, Riy0 wrote:
At 11/17/20 07:31 PM, CryNN wrote:
At 11/17/20 06:42 PM, Everratic wrote: @Catpocalypse
@CryNN
@Riy0
@Zoonotist
@wobwobrob

Your two week deadline is coming up soon. You just need to submit a work-in-progress or any form of evidence that you're working on a song. Once you do that, you'll get another two weeks.
Alright noted! Thanks
I already posted mine to NG, I am not sure how to submit it to be recognized for the challenge

There is a dedicated submissions thread in the audio forum.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-18 16:05:30

Didn't get much time to work on it yet but I did throw a small melody together.

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1551541/preview

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-18 17:10:33

1st - 8-bit Wandering

2nd - Destroyer Encounter

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-18 19:01:28

At 11/18/20 05:10 PM, OliRO wrote: 1st - 8-bit Wandering

Your first choice is approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-18 20:39:35

At 11/18/20 07:01 PM, Everratic wrote:

Quick question:

Can my 8 bit theme be made with chipsynthSFC (Snes-16bit)?

Thanks

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-18 20:59:14

At 11/18/20 08:39 PM, OliRO wrote:
Quick question:
Thanks

@stardew

1st Choice: EverReverb - Destroyer Encounter

2nd Choice: Ever Reverb - XRL Hangar

Also got a question... When submitted to the audio portal, is there a name format? Are we gonna tag someone, or put something at the tags like NVGM2020 or whatever?

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-19 07:48:05

Is it too late to join? I'm excited to do this!

1. EverReverb - “Destroyer Encounter”
  2. Everratic - “Northpeaks Spy”

Listen to me on Spotify! DM for commissions or collabs!

Clockbeat's Spotify

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-19 09:41:21

@Uxvellda

Your second choice is approved! There's no name format, just submit your song in this thread https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1459685 If you want early feedback, you can optionally tag the challenge designer.

@ClockbeatAdelony87

Your second choice is approved!

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-19 14:09:22

iu_196726_5906280.jpg

Tis proof of progress on my track so far, currently have some parts that don't transition into one another so trying to work on that and have a full competent composition by the end of the week

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-19 16:13:20

At 11/18/20 08:59 PM, Everratic wrote:
At 11/18/20 08:39 PM, OliRO wrote:
Quick question:
Thanks
@stardew

hi, apologies for the late response! @OliRO

yes, that falls under the rules of the theme, you're good. :)

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-19 18:26:34

The first work-in-progress deadlines have arrived. I discussed this with other challenge designers, and I decided that people who don't meet the deadline will be removed from the registration list, but they can join again after two weeks have passed. So far the acceptance rate for WIPs is 100%; I even approved someone who just sent a dm saying he intends to work on his project soon. This is mainly a matter of preventing people who outright forget about the event from occupying limited spots.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-20 04:25:36

At 11/19/20 09:41 AM, Everratic wrote: @Uxvellda
Your second choice is approved! There's no name format, just submit your song in this thread https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1459685 If you want early feedback, you can optionally tag the challenge designer.

@ClockbeatAdelony87
Your second choice is approved!

Thanks

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-20 06:46:33

I progress made in two and a half hours:

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1552262/preview

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-20 15:00:10

Hello, I've been having trouble how can I make it very unnatural and out of this world. I'm in Pseudonatural group

Preview

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1552464/preview

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-20 16:09:31

Oh dang this will be my first challenge, im really excited!

1st choice: Stardew - “8-Bit Wandering”

2nd choice: LunacyEcho - “Final Push”

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-20 21:17:49

At 11/20/20 04:09 PM, 9VoltBaby wrote: Oh dang this will be my first challenge, im really excited!

1st choice: Stardew - “8-Bit Wandering”
2nd choice: LunacyEcho - “Final Push”

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 03:16:53

At 11/5/20 07:59 PM, Everratic wrote:
Welcome to the Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge!

What kind of challenge is this? 
You will compose video game music based on a challenge of your choice from the options provided below. I have invited a handful of highly skilled people from the community to design their own challenges with different themes, criteria, and sources of inspiration. 

How do I participate?
To register, reply to this thread with your first and second choices for the groups you wish to join. Each group will be capped at ten entries. Once you get approved, you will have two weeks to either submit your song or provide evidence of a work-in-progress in this thread. As long as you continually prove that you’re working on your entry, you can take as much time as you need until the deadline of Jan 31st, 23:59 est. When your entry is uploaded to the audio portal, you no longer have to provide evidence of a work-in-progress, and you can make changes at any time. If you sign up for a group and do not submit anything for two weeks, your spot may be given to another participant. Challenge designers are free to participate in other groups.

What do I get from participating?
The challenge designers will provide feedback to everyone in their group, and you can expect to receive feedback from other community members. This is also an opportunity to practice composing for games, show your skills to the community, and potentially find work and grow your audience. After the deadline has passed, I will create a thread showcasing all the submissions, and the moderators will feature some of them on the front page. By default, the judges will give feedback in the month of February; but, if you’ve completed your song earlier, you can solicit feedback sooner.

Can I collaborate?
Yes, collaborations are encouraged, and there are no limitations except that each person can only contribute to one entry. Feel free to ask for collaborations in this thread. 

Can I remix a song?
Sorry, remixes are not allowed. You must follow the audio portal rules.

Why is there a cap on submissions for each group?
We want to guarantee high quality feedback to all participants, and thus, we want to make sure each challenge designer has a manageable workload. I may add more groups later.

When will the winners be announced?
This is a mostly non-competitive event, so there will be no official winners, but you can still gain a lot from participating regardless of your skill level.

Feedback
The success of this event depends a lot on how much feedback is given, so please try to give as much feedback as you can to other participants. Even if you’re new to composing music and can’t offer much helpful criticism, simply stating what you like about a song will still be appreciated.

Links:
All Challenges
All Groups and Participants

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. If you like the idea, please share the link on social media and in music communities.
  1. going on a synth Trip.
  2. fighting on Heights

SquadMassiveEntertainment©2021

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 09:42:58

Hey dear organisators. I'm afraid, I have to withdraw. Started to work on it during one evening but could not find time to work on it after that and more work is on the horizon, meaning I will currently not find the muse to continue on this. So give my place to someone else who dares to take this challenge! (Which I - by the way - find *quite* challenging!)

Greetings.

BBS Signature

Here's a theme I made this week for the Final Push challenge as proof I've been working on it. As I have stated in the submission info, this is not the final product. I plan on using elements from this piece in the finished Final Push boss fight submission. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy. :)

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 11:34:02

At 11/21/20 09:42 AM, Manderby wrote: Hey dear organisators. I'm afraid, I have to withdraw. Started to work on it during one evening but could not find time to work on it after that and more work is on the horizon, meaning I will currently not find the muse to continue on this. So give my place to someone else who dares to take this challenge! (Which I - by the way - find *quite* challenging!)

Greetings.

Alright. Feel free to reenter later if you have more time :)

Well, it seems that my 2 week deadline is almost up; time to show what i've been doing i guess

i'm in mutty99's group of "virtual bond" so yeaa enjoy https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/audio/1552836/preview (idk if this works hopefully it does lol)

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 13:46:26

Here's proof of my work-in-progress! I'm doing the Northpeaks Spy Challenge :)

Here's the link to the WIP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QaE9bh-BL7t4x9DOyBFkrEgN7YlAwlsZ/view?usp=sharingiu_197720_6397467.jpg

Listen to me on Spotify! DM for commissions or collabs!

Clockbeat's Spotify

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 14:01:25

@CzySzy

@Greyvoice

@K-4998572

@FaunSound

Your two week deadline is today. You just need to submit a work-in-progress or any form of evidence that you're working on a song. Once you do that, you'll get another two weeks.

If you have submitted evidence and I didn't see it, please resend it here.

Ffffffuuuuu, I was gonna start working on my entry on the Jan 30th, just before the final deadline

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 14:16:54

At 11/21/20 02:12 PM, CzySzy wrote: Ffffffuuuuu, I was gonna start working on my entry on the Jan 30th, just before the final deadline

You can quit and sign up again closer to the final deadline.

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 14:19:28

At 11/21/20 02:16 PM, Everratic wrote:
At 11/21/20 02:12 PM, CzySzy wrote: Ffffffuuuuu, I was gonna start working on my entry on the Jan 30th, just before the final deadline
You can quit and sign up again closer to the final deadline.

I think I'm gonna quit for now

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Video Game Music Challenge 2020-11-21 16:02:27

At 11/21/20 02:01 PM, Everratic wrote: @CzySzy
@Greyvoice
@K-4998572
@FaunSound

Your two week deadline is today. You just need to submit a work-in-progress or any form of evidence that you're working on a song. Once you do that, you'll get another two weeks.

If you have submitted evidence and I didn't see it, please resend it here.

My WIPs have all fizzled out, I think I'm out of this one. Good luck to everyone else!

BBS Signature