00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Follow Friday!

13,871 Views | 29 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:05:31

Finally, another dedicated Follow Friday post!

Game Developers

Zillix has made a lot of great games over the past few years. He came in strong with Endeavor in 2010 and his latest release is exposure. Play all his stuff and follow him for updates!

TerryCavanagh has become quite the legend in the indie game scene, with games like VVVVVV and Super Hexagon. You should follow him and hopefully he'll start posting some news here on NG! Here are some of his games, starting with the latest:

Nrjwolf made front page for the first time this week, with Pixvader! It seems simple at first but the deeper you go the more you appreciate it as an impressive shooter. Follow Nrjwolf so you don't miss his next game or news!

Animators

AliensOnToast scored front page today with Barbouillageville! Before this, he had a BRIEF front page with Office Smoffice. I thought Lines In Time might have made FP but it doesn't show up in the archive. Be sure to follow AliensOnToast so you don't miss him in the future!

Brewster also made front page this week with TWO movies!

Barack Obama was a collaboration with Emrox, also known as the guy who won NATA 2012.

You should definitely follow Brewster and follow Emrox because they are both young, extremely talented and will likely entertain you for years to come.

While you're at it, follow Emrox's brother, Pjorg. He made this, after all:

Musicians

BrianSadler composed music for Episode 2 of Starbarians as well as the original it turns out. I wasn't even familiar with him before today! Maybe you should get familiar too and follow him.

Lashmush participated in Madness Day with Nevada Slam. If you like metal, you should follow him!

Deshiel also participated in Madness Day.

Check out Deshiel's Best of 2013 playlist and follow him to stay in touch!

Artists

I consistently enjoy the works of Carrion and more than 299 people should see his stuff in their feed. Follow him!

TurkeyOnAStick made some great tribal art for Madness Day! He's been making great stuff for years so you should definitely follow him.

FarturAst is one of the most impressive artists on the site and posted a number of amazing works this week. If they didn't show up in your feed, follow him!

FarturAst made the skin for Robot Day 2012. I just used a hack to make his skin live on that page but because it's a hack, it's treating it as an ad and supporters can't see it! Will need to log out or open an incognito tab. I think we're doing this supporter thing backwards.

Voice Actors

That's right, we're still going!

Antfish has voiced TONS of stuff! When you follow a voice actor, you see lots of stuff you might otherwise miss. Follow and see!

That wraps things up for this Follow Friday. Follow me on Twitter so I look more important to the rest of the internet.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:13:28

Ooh, some love for Brewster and Emrox! Good job, guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:14:02

congrats to the game developers,the animators,the musicians and the artists!

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:17:55

At 9/27/13 04:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: Zillix has made a lot of great games over the past few years. He came in strong with Endeavor in 2010 and his latest release is exposure. Play all his stuff and follow him for updates!
consistently enjoy the works of Carrion and more than 299 people should see his stuff in their feed. Follow

Looks like I'm following two more people. But I'm mainly following Carrion because of the Unknown Pixels art.

That wraps things up for this Follow Friday. Follow me on Twitter so I look more important to the rest of the internet.

I would....but I don't have a Twitter account ._.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:19:13

I'm wearing a NG t-shirt today and a guy saw it and said "Oh hey is that some old website? I think I played around on it when I was in middle school. Is it still up?"

I punched him in the neck for you.

Visit JackSmack.com and submit your Flash Games!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:23:32

Neckpunching is always a viable advertising tactic.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:24:35

At 9/27/13 04:17 PM, Viper50 wrote: Looks like I'm following two more people. But I'm mainly following Carrion because of the Unknown Pixels art.

I was hoping that would score him some Joy Division fans :)

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:25:04

At 9/27/13 04:19 PM, JackSmack wrote: I'm wearing a NG t-shirt today and a guy saw it and said "Oh hey is that some old website? I think I played around on it when I was in middle school. Is it still up?"

That's the universal NG greeting!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:34:31

At 9/27/13 04:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: While you're at it, follow Emrox's brother, Pjorg. He made this, after all:

Oh man, Son Ya Done was one of the movies that got me into Newgrounds way back in 2011. It was that and C'mon Scoob.

:)

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:35:30

At 9/27/13 04:24 PM, TomFulp wrote: I was hoping that would score him some Joy Division fans :)

Joy Division IS pretty awesome.

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:42:42

SO MUCH GOOD CONTENT RAWR

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 16:53:19

I will follow all those artists, absolutely sure about it.
I think people need to use more music from the Audio Portal in their submissions, to promote unfairly forgotten but awesome musicians.
Such as Deshiel.
Newgrounds forever!

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 17:10:53

Hell... I'm so excited right now... I didn't even think that its possible for me to be highlighted like that.
Thanks Tom, if you didn't create Newgrounds, I wouldn't have made a single track ya know, because it was this site that started it all.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 18:25:35

Woah, thanks for the plug! It's insane to think about how impossible I used to think all this kind of stuff was when I was 12. Thanks times millonbillon

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 18:46:07

Awesome! a mention for Brewster an Emrox, way to go guiz!! :D

PSN ID: CatFatius

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 18:46:32

You should definitely follow Brewster and follow Emrox because they are both young, extremely talented and will likely entertain you for years to come.

Aww... thanks Tom! <333333 (that's a bunch of hearts stacked up)

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 18:56:13

At 9/27/13 04:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:

You're never gonna beat Wade at Twitter, so why even bother?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 19:07:51

defiantly a lot of interesting work.

just keeping it mad :P

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 19:57:01

squeeee thanks for the shout-out Tom

And yeah, carrion and farturast pump out decent pics on the regular, and are well worth the follow.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 23:50:33

Oh Tom stop you're making me blush.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-27 23:59:53

At 9/27/13 11:50 PM, Carrion wrote: Oh Tom stop you're making me blush.

I was your 300th stalker.
What do I win?

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-28 03:26:21

At 9/27/13 11:59 PM, Viper50 wrote:
At 9/27/13 11:50 PM, Carrion wrote: Oh Tom stop you're making me blush.
I was your 300th stalker.
What do I win?

YOU WON A THREE BEDROOM HOUSE!

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-28 04:00:30

Congrats to Turkey, always great work out of them ^.^

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-28 12:28:51

At 9/27/13 04:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/27/13 04:19 PM, JackSmack wrote: I'm wearing a NG t-shirt today and a guy saw it and said "Oh hey is that some old website? I think I played around on it when I was in middle school. Is it still up?"

That's the universal NG greeting!

Aww, I didn't know that was the greeting...I missed so much neck punches :(

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-28 17:13:29

hmph. amateurs.

hmph. amateurs.

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-28 17:26:31

At 9/28/13 03:26 AM, Carrion wrote: YOU WON A THREE BEDROOM HOUSE!

Yay! That's just what I've always wanted.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-28 22:52:34

I'm gonna link this one because I feel like it.

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-29 10:13:16

This is the first time I've heard of Follow Friday! It seems like most websites have something special for this day, so it only figures we would have one too. It's always nice to have events.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-09-29 20:39:13

Follow Friday so bright!

Follow Friday!

you don't know who I am

BBS Signature

Response to Follow Friday! 2013-10-01 07:39:38

At 9/27/13 04:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: TurkeyOnAStick made some great tribal art for Madness Day! He's been making great stuff for years so you should definitely follow him. http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/turkeyonastick/madness-bc
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/turkeyonastick/quite-precise
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/turkeyonastick/fabulous

Toas can be pretty ridiculous from time to time, but damn he makes some great art.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature