00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PuffyBussie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

128,017 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 19:18:23

At 11/8/10 05:06 PM, naronic wrote: everyone is creaming their pants over this installment
just like during the release mw2

yeah but mw2 turned out to be one of the glitchest installements in the series, past the point of actually having fun. It was hacked to death, no ones stats were legit, there was too large a percentage of knifers and quickscope(attempters), and tubers, making it feel the least like an actual fps then all the versions. Black ops has either removed or made counter perks to all of these. Thats enough of a sell for me, since mw2 disappointed me so much.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 19:40:22

At 11/8/10 07:23 PM, Jawdyn wrote:
I'll have a lengthy review on MP posted in the next day or so :)

I'm actually looking forward to that, as long as it isn't biased in any way.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 19:50:25

Got my copy now too. Should be playing with Jawdyn in a matter of minutes.

First time I've ever been to a midnight launch and it's not something I think I'll be doing again any time soon. Queues are a bitch.

Photographic proof, just to somewhat rub it in to all the hardcore American fans who still have a few hours to wait.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 19:51:44

Photographic proof, just to somewhat rub it in to all the hardcore American fans who still have a few hours to wait.

photoshopped obvously

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 19:53:45

At 11/8/10 07:51 PM, naronic wrote:
photoshopped obvously

wait
maybe not...

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 20:05:06

At 11/8/10 07:50 PM, Dean wrote: Photographic proof, just to somewhat rub it in to all the hardcore American fans who still have a few hours to wait.

Fuck you, some of us have to wait days.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 20:10:00

At 11/8/10 07:53 PM, naronic wrote: wait
maybe not...

I guarantee it's not PhotoShopped. I went to the midnight release at Asda with my brother.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 20:17:19

Courier or postman dropped mine off, only discovered it a few hours ago.

One problem, IT WAS LEFT OUT IN THE FUCKING RAIN. Luckily the plastic outer wrapping of the game protected it.

Thank fuck.

Anyway, I'm going to have a quick go now.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 20:36:42

At 11/8/10 07:50 PM, Dean wrote: Photographic proof, just to somewhat rub it in to all the hardcore American fans who still have a few hours to wait.

This is a bad day to be American

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 20:42:00

At 11/8/10 08:36 PM, Toki911 wrote:
This is a bad day to be American

No day is a bad day to be American.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 21:14:31

Trying to rename my custom class to "Assault" and keep getting the following message:

"Error: Text prohibited due to profanity"

I mean seriously, is that really needed?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 21:17:07

At 11/8/10 09:14 PM, Dean wrote: Trying to rename my custom class to "Assault" and keep getting the following message:

"Error: Text prohibited due to profanity"

I mean seriously, is that really needed?

I hate it when games have unnecessary sensitive censorship issues. Shit's annoying.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 21:17:35

any one know all the perks yet
like what pro does and any good set up
or even a youtube video

When there is a grease fire, don't use your sweater to put it out

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 21:22:35

At 11/8/10 09:17 PM, EliteReplay wrote: any one know all the perks yet
or even a youtube video

www.cod7blackops.com

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-08 21:43:59

At 11/8/10 09:22 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/8/10 09:17 PM, EliteReplay wrote: any one know all the perks yet
or even a youtube video
www.cod7blackops.com

thanks but i found some good links

When there is a grease fire, don't use your sweater to put it out

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 00:08:20

Has anyone with the game figured out the difference between face camo and face tattoos yet?

GT: Danul454

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 01:18:33

At 11/8/10 07:53 PM, naronic wrote:
At 11/8/10 07:51 PM, naronic wrote:
photoshopped obvously
wait
maybe not...

No you're right. Totally photoshopped. If you look in the corner, there's a pixel out of place. You'd never see it at a glance.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 02:20:57

Destructoid's posted a few YouTube videos of the Wii version's gameplay, for anyone that's interested.

Forever alone. :(

It looks good, though. Runs smooth, textures are hard to place on youtube videos but the geometry, effects, and animation are good, better than MWR just via video comparison. It even packs the zombie mode, with delightful Russian banter (and also, presumably, motion controlled machete-wielding McNamara :3!).
I'll wait till the reviews head out, but the game looks to be doing very well, relatively, visually (despite an early rumor of the game "looking like a PSP title), excellently mechanically (sputters a bit in the dead ops vid, but that might just be the free capture software), and totally set up to outclass every other FPS on the Wii.
I'd say it's worth the $10 discount, I'll probably pick this up after I finish GoldenEye. And then maybe the 360 version of World at War, because that's like the only non-handheld Call of Duty title I don't have.

Again, forever alone.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 02:40:46

Morelike Call of Duty: Black Cawks.

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 03:08:26

Game should be arriving at my home soon :) can't wait, although i'll have to get school (and a maths exam) out the way first...

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 04:41:31

At 11/9/10 02:40 AM, XxRobJohnsonxX wrote: Morelike Call of Duty: Black Cawks.

Or Call of Booty: Black Tops- very hot, or Cock Off Doody: Black Cocks.

Anyway, since it's out today, I'm going to get some CoD soon.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 06:07:09

At 11/9/10 01:18 AM, 36Holla wrote: No you're right. Totally photoshopped. If you look in the corner, there's a pixel out of place. You'd never see it at a glance.

Okay Holla. Looks like you got me.

I'm really not liking the fact that you don't unlock the hardcore modes at level 17. It seems to take a while to level up as well. I can't wait to unlock hardcore though. You seem to die/kill really fast just on core, so I get the feeling with hardcore it's pretty much going to be one hit kills with anything.

I've yet to try playing Zombies, but if I have time I will give it a shot at some point today. I have so much coursework to do and as suspected, Black Ops is just interfering.

Some of the graphics look a little nasty too. Smoke and the fire from the napalm strikes look particularly bad.

It feels like a good game either way. I definitely feels a lot more like World At War then Modern Warfare, but I suppose that was to be expected really and for me it's not such a bad thing. I rather like being away from the state of the art weapons as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 06:30:54

At 11/9/10 12:32 AM, Jawdyn wrote: I've played, and I've played about 20 now. ALL on Nuketown. This is ridiculous!

I fuckin hate Nuketown. But even more, i hate the fact that everyone keeps voting for it again and again.

That being said, I did have one of my best matches on it. Something like 54k-12d. Attack Dogs :D

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 07:52:31

At 11/9/10 02:20 AM, Samen wrote: Destructoid's posted a few YouTube videos of the Wii version's gameplay, for anyone that's interested.
Forever alone. :(

Not quite... thanks for finding a wii video and posting it here, I was wondering how it would compare, and from that it looks pretty good. As I only have a Wii I don't have much choice, but I thought Modern Warfare Reflex was excellent (I'm about 5th prestige now), and the Wii controls a vast improvement over dual analogue. Of course there are issues with lag, which hopefully have been at least partly resolved in this, but that wasn't a game breaker (like it is in Goldeneye sadly). I'll certainly be picking it up at some point in the future.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 11:05:57

At 11/9/10 10:49 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: What the shit are you guys doing supporting Activision and men like Bobby Kotick? You're the cancer killing gaming right here!

I for one, won't buy this game.
...Until it's in the used game bin.
THIS, IS THE FACE OF EVIl!

I love you Frank.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 12:28:22

The game is pretty fun online, except for the overpowered M16, Second Chance, underpowered shotguns and the terribad matchmaking.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 14:01:28

This game is awesome tbh. I got the death machine and that thing is beast <3

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 14:44:01

At 11/9/10 10:49 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: What the shit are you guys doing supporting Activision and men like Bobby Kotick?

I'm a weak faggot - everybody knows this.

Anyway, I'm having a good time with multiplayer at the moment.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 14:54:08

Of the three zombie maps we're given, two are classified for me, so I assume this means we have to unlock them. Does anyone happen to know at which levels they are unlocked?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-09 15:11:15

At 11/9/10 02:54 PM, Dean wrote: Of the three zombie maps we're given, two are classified for me, so I assume this means we have to unlock them. Does anyone happen to know at which levels they are unlocked?

beat the game, get the 2nd map. Third zombie map is actually an arcade version and is an easter egg you can find after some crazy voodoo at the start menu (its not the same fps zombie mode)

Also games great, reviews say its worse but considering the leaderboards aren't asshacked its infinitly(lol infinity ward pun) better than mw2 at this point regardless.