00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,762 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 14:15:59

At 11/11/10 02:07 PM, scetch00 wrote: The games sound effects are pathetic, the graphics are nowhere near as good as LAST YEAR's installment, everybody I've played on PS3 are trash, I often find myself getting 5+ assists in a game because nobody wants to die from 30 bullets in the body, and I find half the maps have too many set pieces in them.

I actually think the sounds are fine. They don't sound like a cartoon. I also think the graphics are a bit better than MW2, but I do agree that it seems like people don't die as easily. I could hit a guy 5 times with a FAMAS and he still will live. Speaking of not dying easily...

What I'm actually the most pissed about is how grenades seem like water balloons. In previous games I could throw a grenade and kill someone. Now I throw one in the tower on Firing Range and I do barely any damage. And there's at least three guys in there. It's more noticeable on campaign, where I can throw a grenade at a group of 5 enemies and graze 4 of them while only killing one. And this is on Regular.

Is Treyarch am noob for shipping broken gaem?

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 14:32:52

At 11/11/10 02:07 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 11/11/10 07:33 AM, tally1989 wrote:
At 11/11/10 05:25 AM, Grubby wrote: Does anyone here think that the RC car is very annoying? Is it game breaking at all?

To me I haven't played it yet, but it looks very annoying.
I don't think its more annoying then the predator missile from mw2
It is MUCH more annoying.

I barely get killed by it. It got killed more by the predator missile.

At 11/11/10 08:19 AM, tally1989 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hitVeXeF_
t8&feature=sub

How to get out of the chair in the main menu!
That is fucking awesome!
Slowpoke.jpg

I found out last week. Played Zork, Dead Ops Arcade, and looked at some of the files.

Maybe, but seeing as the game officially came out 2 days ago, and it hasn't been posted in this thread before, it doesn't make me a slowpoke. Besides there's no need to be a jerk about it

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 14:48:31

At 11/11/10 02:32 PM, tally1989 wrote:

We have completely opposite experiences then.

Maybe, but seeing as the game officially came out 2 days ago, and it hasn't been posted in this thread before, it doesn't make me a slowpoke. Besides there's no need to be a jerk about it

Most people have found out and it's been covered by every gaming site and such. Also I wasn't really trying to be a jerk :x

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 15:24:31

So Black Ops sold about 1 million more copies than MW2 on day one in North America... it sold 5.6 million copies and I still haven't played it. Can't wait for tomorrow... oh, there's also a chance it won't be here tomorrow. =/

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 15:30:01

At 11/11/10 03:24 PM, Makeshift wrote: So Black Ops sold about 1 million more copies than MW2 on day one in North America... it sold 5.6 million copies and I still haven't played it. Can't wait for tomorrow... oh, there's also a chance it won't be here tomorrow. =/

I'm still waiting eleven more days, if anyone has the right to bitch, it's me.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 15:39:54

At 11/11/10 02:48 PM, scetch00 wrote:
At 11/11/10 02:32 PM, tally1989 wrote:
We have completely opposite experiences then.

well the little exploding car can be earned in as little as 2 kills with hardline. So someone who uses it can probably get it quite often. Ghost wont stop it from easliy finding you, and the controller can take his time comming after you.

Only upside is that you can hear it comming a mile away and can prepare for it and possibly kill it. This usually results in you getting owned by someone else because you were only paying attention to where the rc was comming from.

I find the RC can be countered quickly by simply laying claymores so it can't come up behind you and you can usually blow it up before it gets close if it comes in front of you.

Opposite that the predator takes 5 kills (no killstreaks before it that can help you streak stack), so 5 legit kills. Good luck trying to blow it up before it hits you. And if your cold blooded it almost never comes after you.

if i were to choose I'd say the RC is more lethal. If they just restricted it from being able to go up weird paths like stairs it might have been more balanced. Since someone who hears it comming could safely move to higher ground.

All this is pointless for me tho since I prefer the spy plane since it keeps my entire team from getting owned. I'd rather have a high W/L then a high K/D

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 16:44:12

The game is just an updated MW2 (There's a shock). Why have MW2 when you can trade it in for a slighty better version of the same crappy game!!!!!

Hey, gotta calm down there Chuck

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 16:55:21

Getting the game Saturday, can't wait!

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 17:08:45

At 11/11/10 04:44 PM, BullCut wrote: The game is just an updated MW2 (There's a shock). Why have MW2 when you can trade it in for a slighty better version of the same crappy game!!!!!

Wow, you are really dumb, huh? That, or a troll.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 17:18:30

Rank 29 :D Loving the game so far. Multiplayer is brilliant, Campaign is epic and Zombies is great. The map "Five" is fucking awesome, especially when you get down to the labs. Anyone else shoot the squirming pig?

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 18:49:36

At 11/11/10 05:18 PM, mercyfire wrote: Rank 29 :D Loving the game so far. Multiplayer is brilliant, Campaign is epic and Zombies is great. The map "Five" is fucking awesome, especially when you get down to the labs. Anyone else shoot the squirming pig?

No.. lol. Five is cool but i haven't experienced it properly yet..

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 18:50:45

Rank 49! Only 1 more rank and I'll prestige!

Commando is a fucking beast rifle. I'm gonna hate to give that up :(

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 19:31:02

Saw my 10-year-old brother's Christmas Wish List on the fridge... It says:

"All I want:
Call of Duty: Black Ops, Halo: Reach, Medal of Honor"

So there must be many 10 year old kids out there without older brothers that get Black Ops...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 19:47:00

I'm going to hate buying the game because I'm buying an unfinished game for a full price. I cant wait for the pre prepared DLC. I also love the fact thqt if you dont get a special edition you missout on 4 zombie maps.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 19:47:47

At 11/11/10 07:47 PM, McZero wrote: I'm going to hate buying the game because I'm buying an unfinished game for a full price. I cant wait for the pre prepared DLC. I also love the fact thqt if you dont get a special edition you missout on 4 zombie maps.

they'll probably release those maps later as dlc

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 20:21:54

The multiplayer is really love/hate for me. I've been having fun on the smaller maps while the larger maps are aggravating. Nuketown is already my favorite one, and I think at one point I had played it 5 times in a row which was fun, but also tiring and repetitive. Anyways, if anyone on Xbox Live wants to play, message me on there. GT is Triple 6 Holla.

At 11/11/10 05:08 PM, HeavyMetalGuy wrote:
At 11/11/10 04:44 PM, BullCut wrote: The game is just an updated MW2 (There's a shock). Why have MW2 when you can trade it in for a slighty better version of the same crappy game!!!!!
Wow, you are really dumb, huh? That, or a troll.

It's the same guy who was celebrating that Black Ops wouldn't have Stopping Power like it was going to make a huge difference. Let's just move along now shall we?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 20:48:30

At 11/11/10 08:27 PM, Grubby wrote:
WTF guys you guys get to play and i have to wait for potentially many weeks and maybe months.

Stop bitching and go do some odd jobs, then, mow lawns, rake leaves or whatever.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 21:11:52

At 11/11/10 08:21 PM, 36Holla wrote: Nuketown is already my favorite one, and I think at one point I had played it 5 times in a row which was fun, but also tiring and repetitive. Anyways, if anyone on Xbox Live wants to play, message me on there. GT is Triple 6 Holla.

No offence, but I fucking hate it when people mass vote fuckin Nuketown. I think it's the worst map on any CoD i've played. You can get to one side of the map, kill everyone, turn around to go back the other way, and they spawn like 2 meters behind you. THE FUCK?!

Array and Grid are probably my favourite maps.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-11 21:28:24

Nuketown is the best map, deal with it.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 00:21:36

Nuketown is awesome.

I just hate how it barely comes up on anything but Free For All.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 00:32:42

Am I the only one who's having SEVERE trouble hitting people with a Sniper? I use the WA2000, and I cannot hit anything, I have even had my crosshairs directly on someone's head, with my breath held (both ingame and IRL), tapped R, and it hit the junk he was hiding behind. Another problem I've had with my sniper, is when you aim down the sights, when you first do it flicks to the left. Is this just to prevent Quickscoping? Cause I'm pretty sure Quickscoping is impossible whether it does that or not. There is also NO map that actually gives, well, me at least, good reason to snipe on it.

And why is everyone obsessed with Nuketown? It's spawning is WORSE than Rust. I've had entire teams spawn behind me, as well as people knife whoring. I would say Commando whoring, but then again, Commando is just a game function, not a Perk. (From my experiences, both good & bad mind you) While it does have better mapping than Rust, the spawns IMO & IME are poor.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 01:14:21

1 thing to clarify.

Knifing is horrible in this game.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 01:38:21

At 11/12/10 01:14 AM, scetch00 wrote: 1 thing to clarify.

Knifing is horrible in this game.

Horribly easy, or horribly hard?

I'm really hoping that you cant lunch 10 feet like you could in MW2, that was fucking dumb.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 01:39:46

At 11/12/10 01:38 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
Horribly easy, or horribly hard?

I'm really hoping that you cant lunge10 feet like you could in MW2, that was fucking dumb.

Fixed.

Seriously? Lunch? God I'm stupid.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 02:35:51

I take back what I said before about being iffy on the multiplayer. I really like it now, even more so than MW2. Now that I've gotten some weapons that are usable and I learned the layouts of the maps, things definitely got better. And Nuketown is still my favorite map just because I'm someone who constantly is moving and it's great not having to look for people in a map and fishing out campers everywhere.

Speaking of which, the sheer lack of grenade launchers and camping in this game puts it close to COD4s multiplayer for quality. Spawns still need work though.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 04:20:56

I FUCKING HATE NUKETOWN. This piece of shit game spawns people RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.

Small maps are shite until they patch the spawning.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 05:21:51

The only thing I dislike about Nuketown is how predictable the matches are. Think about it. You start off the match running to the right side of the house to throw a nade over the bus. Sometimes, you'll catch a newbie by surprise, but usually you won't get a kill. Then, everyone camps on either the right or left side of the house and picks off the one or two idiots that run out into the middle of the street. Those idiots then spawn directly behind you, kill you, and cause you to spawn on the other side of the map. Repeat the process over and over again.

Rinse, repeat, game, set, match.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 06:10:40

At 11/12/10 05:21 AM, xports wrote: The only thing I dislike about Nuketown is how predictable the matches are. Think about it. You start off the match running to the right side of the house to throw a nade over the bus. Sometimes, you'll catch a newbie by surprise, but usually you won't get a kill. Then, everyone camps on either the right or left side of the house and picks off the one or two idiots that run out into the middle of the street. Those idiots then spawn directly behind you, kill you, and cause you to spawn on the other side of the map. Repeat the process over and over again.

It's not as predictable as that, at least not how I play it. I'll actually either stay crouched in the middle and kill people who are going down the sides of the houses or through the garages, because surprisingly there is a good amount of cover to be used for that, or go into the house that's in front of where the other team spawns and just pop in and out of the ground floor doors to pick off anyone who's hanging around the backyard. The main thing I've noticed is that a disturbing amount of people use the sides of the houses to get to the other side rather than just go through the houses where there is a lot more protection, and it sets up good killstreak chains when they're not looking to get shot from inside their own house. Obviously relocate as needed when they figure out you're in there.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 06:59:25

At 11/12/10 02:35 AM, 36Holla wrote:

You ever played COD4 online? -_________-

grenades... grenades everywhere

also, i'm gonna trust you guys, on your opinions, and buy this motherfucker today.

You laughing at me? YOU LAUGHING AT THE BEST!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-12 08:11:30

I <3 Summit & Grid

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature