00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Represent A Country 3 [Contest]

13,283 Views | 224 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-18 00:58:57


At 11/17/09 02:16 PM, NeonProject wrote: If you want me to look through your pieces before the deadline and give you pointers on how to get better scores send me a link to your track via PM. I will only be able to give you feedback twice and me giving you that feedback may not guarantee you perfects scores from all judges.

Could we have done this in the previous contests? That would have been very useful.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-18 09:00:30


At 11/18/09 12:58 AM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote:
At 11/17/09 02:16 PM, NeonProject wrote: If you want me to look through your pieces before the deadline and give you pointers on how to get better scores send me a link to your track via PM. I will only be able to give you feedback twice and me giving you that feedback may not guarantee you perfects scores from all judges.
Could we have done this in the previous contests? That would have been very useful.

It was never really brought up in the previous contests and I can't really say whether (at the time) I would have said yes or not.
This service is here for the third contest, however, and I hope it becomes useful to many artists.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-18 09:11:21


I'm tired, and should have been to bed hours ago, but i think i've finally finished my entry. I would love to have someone look at it, but at this point I don't think much can be added without ruining what I've got on it since every time i've updated it i've had to pretty much start from scratch... Goddamn Fl Studio 9 demo... Lol

Here it is:

The only real thing that i can think of needing help on now is figuring out the genre, cause I'm guessing it probably covers quite a few things. =3

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-18 10:54:12


At 11/18/09 09:11 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: I'm tired, and should have been to bed hours ago, but i think i've finally finished my entry. I would love to have someone look at it, but at this point I don't think much can be added without ruining what I've got on it since every time i've updated it i've had to pretty much start from scratch... Goddamn Fl Studio 9 demo... Lol

Here it is:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 89078
The only real thing that i can think of needing help on now is figuring out the genre, cause I'm guessing it probably covers quite a few things. =3

I'd say it's near enough or borderline industrial, synth pop maybe? Good job dude, I left you a review! Good luck with the contest!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-18 12:43:55


If it's not too late to enter, I'd like to tackle Peru.

Artist: ProudAardvark
Song title: Not Sure Yet
Genre: I'll figure that out
Country: Peru


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-18 14:31:10


At 11/18/09 12:43 PM, ProudAardvark wrote: If it's not too late to enter, I'd like to tackle Peru.

Artist: ProudAardvark
Song title: Not Sure Yet
Genre: I'll figure that out
Country: Peru

Accepted!

@ Popraz: I'll just go update the contestant list.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-18 14:34:02


Artist Spotlight

Artist: Airprogressive

Joining newgrounds in 2008, Airprogressive has made his fair share of house and trance tracks and shows no sign of stopping. He took part in the second RAC contest, fighting against zomgkerrie for the Italy final spot. Unfortunately he was beaten. This year he hopes to improve on last years results by representing The Netherlands.

  • Unpublished Submission

His 2008 top track is a mash up of a Krussi and Kazmo track (Keep On Soaring The Urban Train.)

His 2009 (so far) top track is a catchy dance track, which takes influnces from Rave and Italo-Dance.

Previous RAC Entries:

RAC 2: Italy
Semi-Finalist

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 00:55:51


Heres my submission. Enjoy!

Artist: DJ InTheDark
Name of song: Forgotten Kingdom
Genre: Trance
Country: Lebanon


The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 02:05:55


At 11/17/09 02:52 PM, Chozz wrote: Here is my song!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 88883

can i vote already? this has my vote, i dont even want to hear anyone elses entries anymore lol.
Its refreshing.


Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 05:45:57


Artist : Darthduba
Song : DoYouLikeSmileys
Genre: Techno - Dance
Country : Belgium

  • Unpublished Submission


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 09:02:59


Artist : Box-Killa
Song : Violin_Liberation
Genre: Classical
Country : Australia

Thanks XD

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 09:08:46


Oh shit, my song is not long enough, I will change it, sorry, dont kill me, ima change it like right now.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 09:12:56


I see that the Netherlands aren't represented yet. Let's give it a shot :)

Name: Easily Embarrassed
Song: tba
Style: Chillout (probably)
Country: The Netherlands

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 09:30:50


At 11/18/09 02:34 PM, NeonProject wrote: Artist Spotlight

Artist: Airprogressive

Joining newgrounds in 2008, Airprogressive has made his fair share of house and trance tracks and shows no sign of stopping .... This year he hopes to improve on last years results by representing The Netherlands.

Whoops, missed this post. Guess The Netherlands are already taken

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 12:07:09


At 11/19/09 09:30 AM, EasilyEmbarrassed wrote:
At 11/18/09 02:34 PM, NeonProject wrote: Artist Spotlight

Artist: Airprogressive

Joining newgrounds in 2008, Airprogressive has made his fair share of house and trance tracks and shows no sign of stopping .... This year he hopes to improve on last years results by representing The Netherlands.
Whoops, missed this post. Guess The Netherlands are already taken

You can still represent the country. The countries with more than one entry face off in a semi Final before prgressing to the actual final. This time round semi-finalist tracks have to be in the same time as a final. So you don't have any tighter time limits or anything.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 12:22:12


Artist Spotlight

Name: DJ InTheDark

Joining newgrounds just this year, DJ InTheDark has made a sucess of his music in the short space he has been here. Even make the overall top 10 with his track 'A N.O.B.M. (Elektro Mix)' a remix of the classic "Hall Of The Mountain King".

This year is his debut in the RAC contest and he is set to make a promising sucess of not just this contest, but his own future on the newgrounds audio portal.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 13:16:59


My artist spotlight was cool XD

but I have a question. how the hell do people post songs pics in the forum? I mean that I don't see any item to post the song like a picture. what do I have to do? :(


Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 13:20:50


At 11/19/09 12:07 PM, NeonProject wrote: You can still represent the country. The countries with more than one entry face off in a semi Final before prgressing to the actual final. This time round semi-finalist tracks have to be in the same time as a final. So you don't have any tighter time limits or anything.

Alright! This is our submission for the Netherlands:

Trackname: "I'm Sorry For Making You Suffer (Radio Edit)"
Style: "Electronic / Chillout"
Country: "The Netherlands"

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 14:59:18


At 11/19/09 01:16 PM, Airprogressive wrote: My artist spotlight was cool XD

but I have a question. how the hell do people post songs pics in the forum? I mean that I don't see any item to post the song like a picture. what do I have to do? :(

You just put the link!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 15:50:43


oh I see! ok! thanks


Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-19 18:38:29


At 11/19/09 12:22 PM, NeonProject wrote: Artist Spotlight

Name: DJ InTheDark

Joining newgrounds just this year, DJ InTheDark has made a sucess of his music in the short space he has been here. Even make the overall top 10 with his track 'A N.O.B.M. (Elektro Mix)' a remix of the classic "Hall Of The Mountain King".
This year is his debut in the RAC contest and he is set to make a promising sucess of not just this contest, but his own future on the newgrounds audio portal.

Holy crap thanx! Glad I came back here to check for new sub's. I don't really see how I deserved being recognized but hey, I definitely put as much work into my sub as that one so hopefully it will have the same result if not better.

Hopefully...

Good luck everyone and may the best win!


The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-20 14:33:59


Artist: ProudAardvark
Song title: Llama Rampage
Genre: Misc. (World?)
Country: Peru

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 89561


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-21 08:59:55


At 11/20/09 02:33 PM, ProudAardvark wrote: Artist: ProudAardvark
Song title: Llama Rampage
Genre: Misc. (World?)
Country: Peru

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 89561

Accepted. :)

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-22 01:19:14


At 11/13/09 04:16 PM, Jirohbomb wrote: Can i do something like start in a genre, and then bust into a completely different genre while keeping the same instruments?

I don't know, can you? :P

NOTE: the following is the definition of "can"

auxiliary verb
1. to be able to; have the ability, power, or skill to: She can solve the problem easily, I'm sure.
2. to know how to: He can play chess, although he's not particularly good at it.

<PS>


The Last Lullaby

Throughout her lullaby we wishes to say goodbye, but she can only say goodnight.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-22 10:03:40


Artist Spotlight

Name: DJ Sumara

Joining newgrounds in January of 2009, DJ Sumara has created a wide range of Techno tracks with the most punchy beats you could imagine. His work includes some of the most beautiful breakdown sections. His top 2009 song so far is 'Fantasy'.

DJ Sumara will be representing Poland in the RAC contest and I'm sure we're all looking forward to some great beats and breakdowns!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-22 10:39:39


Looking at some of the tracks (and drafts PM'd to me) I'd say this contest is gonna very hard. So many people entering too, the more people we get the more exposed the participants will get.

This year we will have 27 acts in the final... that's compared to the little 13 of the last contest! We've already doubled that number!

Make sure you follow the contest on Twitter too, we're about to start hyping the contest up!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-22 11:03:48


Thanks a lot for putting me on the artist highlight :), it means a lot to me.

I might go a bit softer and make a trance song but I am considering making a hard dance song for old time sakes. :)


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-22 11:32:04


At 11/22/09 11:03 AM, djsumara wrote: Thanks a lot for putting me on the artist highlight :), it means a lot to me.

I might go a bit softer and make a trance song but I am considering making a hard dance song for old time sakes. :)

Ooooh, interesting. I'm looking forward to it either way. =3

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-23 13:39:20


I'm a first timer but I'd like to enter!

Artist: Grargh
Song title: Bob Locks
Genre: Reggae/dub
Country: Jamaica mon!

I can't believe no one else got Jamaica.