00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Represent A Country 3 [Contest]

13,282 Views | 224 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-06 06:55:55

It's great to hear that everyone enjoyed the contest. I'm hoping to see you all return in May 2010.
I thought this contest ran really smoothly and it was nice to hear from new people.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-06 07:09:45

Thanks neon project for setting this comp up! Cheers to you sir!

Well done to everyone who entered, some real good work was put in! It was a big surprise for me when I heard the top 10 being read out.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-06 09:35:33

It's probably too late but...

Neon Project: " and is not allowed to sample another artist's work"
Chozz: "The pub sound samples are taken from the authors from freesound.org"
Yeah he used samples, meh i'm not saying that because I'm a bad sport or anything, just cuz lol

Anyway, congratz to all. wow i never thought i would get that close :D

Oh and can you also tell me specificly what the titles "Listener", "Contestant" and Represnation mean, on the judging board.

well thanks for all the organising Neon!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-06 10:10:20

At 12/6/09 09:35 AM, Box-Killa wrote: It's probably too late but...

Yeah he used samples, meh i'm not saying that because I'm a bad sport or anything, just cuz lol

Hmmmm, well all samples that you get from packs and stuff, of bass and synth e.t.c are the product of other peoples work, unless you've gone out and recorded and sampled a sound yourself, or if you have the instrument e.t.c. It's not like i've ripped apart some other artists song and stole the drum sounds or anything.

Well I hope it's legit anyway.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-06 11:19:45

At 12/6/09 09:35 AM, Box-Killa wrote: It's probably too late but...

Anyway, congratz to all. wow i never thought i would get that close :D

Oh and can you also tell me specificly what the titles "Listener", "Contestant" and Represnation mean, on the judging board.

well thanks for all the organising Neon!

That rule means you can't use music from another person. It also applies to vocals. Chozz only used his sample which was an effect and I'm sure it was also royalty free.
Sticking in a track with a Cascada vocal would not be acceptable, neither would using a clip from an existing track not made by you.

Listeners were people who listened to the show and voted.
Contestant is the votes Contestants gave each other.
Representation is how well your track represented the country.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-06 22:44:31

I'm suprised that I got any points at all!! This was another fun RAC, and I've got some ideas for may already. ;)

<PS>

The Last Lullaby

Throughout her lullaby we wishes to say goodbye, but she can only say goodnight.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-09 10:38:59

Hey guys, great contest, I'm so entering the next one even though I did prety average! Yay!

Congrats to Chozzzz!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-10 12:50:48

At 12/9/09 10:38 AM, Unrl wrote: Hey guys, great contest, I'm so entering the next one even though I did prety average! Yay!

Congrats to Chozzzz!!!!!!!

Why tanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to the next comp!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-23 14:51:22

I got Dibbs on The People's Republic Of China!!!

Thank You For Choosing DJ Asian-Tech

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-23 14:57:10

Ehh, I think its a little early to be picking countries for the next comp.

Or its it...?

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-24 06:30:33

At 12/23/09 02:57 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Ehh, I think its a little early to be picking countries for the next comp.

Or its it...?

It is, the top 4 have yet to decide what countries they want. You guys shouldn't start thinking about the countries until you know which ones are off limits.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-29 16:02:55

At 12/24/09 06:30 AM, NeonProject wrote:
At 12/23/09 02:57 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Ehh, I think its a little early to be picking countries for the next comp.

Or its it...?
It is, the top 4 have yet to decide what countries they want. You guys shouldn't start thinking about the countries until you know which ones are off limits.

Why would anyone wanna ban China? I'm part Chinese. I am an ABC (American Born Chinese)

Thank You For Choosing DJ Asian-Tech

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-29 23:08:23

At 12/29/09 04:02 PM, NumberOneChina666 wrote: Why would anyone wanna ban China? I'm part Chinese. I am an ABC (American Born Chinese)

Off limits, as in, already taken by the top four who get first pick of countries.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-29 23:58:55

I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I research up on the country's music style? I mean, yeah, I could choose canada or japan or something, but how exactly do I go about determining what I incorporate into my song? I don't know where exactly to find indonesian or russian songs.
2) If my country doesn't really master in certain genres, like if I wanted to create a dubstep or glitch song or country song, but my country doesn't exactly work with that genre, how does that work? Do I make a song according to the instruments the country uses, or what? Or will I be restricted to certain genres?

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-30 00:42:43

At 12/29/09 11:58 PM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: 1) How do I research up on the country's music style? I mean, yeah, I could choose canada or japan or something, but how exactly do I go about determining what I incorporate into my song? I don't know where exactly to find indonesian or russian songs.
2) If my country doesn't really master in certain genres, like if I wanted to create a dubstep or glitch song or country song, but my country doesn't exactly work with that genre, how does that work? Do I make a song according to the instruments the country uses, or what? Or will I be restricted to certain genres?

Thats what makes the contest so difficult.
For instance, I wrote a Trance song, and when we were scored for country representation I got a 12/12. Keep in mind that this is Lebanon were talking about, they don't exactly have very many raves over there. But however the modern music there is very similar to what we refer to as Trance, but it is much more laid back and easy-going.

It's all about how you interpret the music in your own way.

BBS Signature