00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Represent A Country 3 [Contest]

13,285 Views | 224 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-11 08:25:02


At 11/10/09 01:28 PM, Chozz wrote:
At 11/10/09 12:43 PM, NeonProject wrote: *25th November

Basically, if you want to take part in the contest, you have to apply by the 25th of this month.
Submission deadline is the date your tracks must be submitted to the portal and linked in here.
I getchya :P Sorry if i sounded snappy haha

Nah, it did need to be made clear, it's a good thing you asked the question.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-11 15:38:50


At 11/3/09 11:47 AM, NeonProject wrote:
You are accepted for Antarctica!
We also need more followers for the RAC Twitter!

I'm going to sorta guess the whole twitter thing fell through? lol

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-11 16:35:46


At 11/11/09 03:38 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 11/3/09 11:47 AM, NeonProject wrote:
You are accepted for Antarctica!
We also need more followers for the RAC Twitter!
I'm going to sorta guess the whole twitter thing fell through? lol

Nobody was following it so I didn't bother, if people do start to follow though updates will be made.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 07:13:56


At 11/11/09 04:35 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 11/11/09 03:38 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 11/3/09 11:47 AM, NeonProject wrote:
You are accepted for Antarctica!
We also need more followers for the RAC Twitter!
I'm going to sorta guess the whole twitter thing fell through? lol
Nobody was following it so I didn't bother, if people do start to follow though updates will be made.

It only makes sense.
Oh, and I think I've got the title too the song i think, but haven't quite figured the Genre. This is also of course if you are allowed to present a work in progress to help you better the song, since I've submitted an earlier draft (But that has been deleted). If not, then i've gots more work ahead of me....

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 12:11:22


At 11/12/09 07:13 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 11/11/09 04:35 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 11/11/09 03:38 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 11/3/09 11:47 AM, NeonProject wrote:
You are accepted for Antarctica!
We also need more followers for the RAC Twitter!
I'm going to sorta guess the whole twitter thing fell through? lol
Nobody was following it so I didn't bother, if people do start to follow though updates will be made.
It only makes sense.
Oh, and I think I've got the title too the song i think, but haven't quite figured the Genre. This is also of course if you are allowed to present a work in progress to help you better the song, since I've submitted an earlier draft (But that has been deleted). If not, then i've gots more work ahead of me....
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 87576

I'm happy for you to submit drafts. I will also be willing to look at the mark scheme and say where you need to improve. Of course, I'm only one of about 10 Judges, so take into account that I'm not the only one judging. I'll just mark it how I would if you submitted it as a piece to the contest.
I won't give marks or scores but simply say where you need to look to gain more points.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 16:12:42


Artist: Pich
Song: tba
Genre: tba
Country: San Marino/ (if you don't count that then...) Marshall Islands

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 16:25:26


At 11/9/09 04:50 PM, NeonProject wrote:

:I'm racist and hate Columbians :D

Hey, just asking, since this is supposed to be all original work, does that mean I can't sample for my backing track? I have no problem giving credit where it's due, but I know that a lot of the other contestants will be using programs like FL where they create everything from scratch. So for the sake of fairness, does that mean I can't sample? Or should everyone else just consider doing so?


NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 17:09:31


At 11/12/09 04:25 PM, Gasmasq wrote:
At 11/9/09 04:50 PM, NeonProject wrote: I'm racist and hate Columbians :D
Hey, just asking, since this is supposed to be all original work, does that mean I can't sample for my backing track? I have no problem giving credit where it's due, but I know that a lot of the other contestants will be using programs like FL where they create everything from scratch. So for the sake of fairness, does that mean I can't sample? Or should everyone else just consider doing so?

Unfortunately you will have to make your own backing track. If you can find another artist to make a backing track for you I'd be happy to submit your entry as a collaberation. Which is allowed for this contest.

Pich, you are confirmed for San Marino. Please make sure you remember to submit the track. I don't mean to be assumative, but when We've had people not submit stuff, they've had a low post count, please make sure yo uare certain that you will submit a track.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 17:10:48


At 11/12/09 12:11 PM, NeonProject wrote:
I'm happy for you to submit drafts. I will also be willing to look at the mark scheme and say where you need to improve. Of course, I'm only one of about 10 Judges, so take into account that I'm not the only one judging. I'll just mark it how I would if you submitted it as a piece to the contest.
I won't give marks or scores but simply say where you need to look to gain more points.

Well I'd certainly hope you weren't the only judge, that wouldn't be fair both for you and us. Not only would it only provide a single view point on the songs, you'd be the only person people could whine to about the scores lol

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 17:18:37


I tried entering this once before, I think I'm going to try again with my favorite country, (and as tribute to personal heritage) Lithuania.

Artist: Nosferatu-of-Worms
Song Title: Unknown
Genre: Unknown
Country: Lithuania

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-12 19:06:19


No problem. I'll make sure to post it. I visit newgrounds eveyday, just not the forums. ;)

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-13 14:44:23


At 11/12/09 07:06 PM, pichuscute0 wrote: No problem. I'll make sure to post it. I visit newgrounds eveyday, just not the forums. ;)

I'm really glad I didn't offend you. :3

At 11/12/09 05:18 PM, Nosferatu-of-Worms wrote: I tried entering this once before, I think I'm going to try again with my favorite country, (and as tribute to personal heritage) Lithuania.

Artist: Nosferatu-of-Worms
Song Title: Unknown
Genre: Unknown
Country: Lithuania

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. Nosferatu's back!
(Accepted!) ^^

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-13 16:16:45


Can i do something like start in a genre, and then bust into a completely different genre while keeping the same instruments?

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-14 04:55:29


I would like to apply again for this contest. This time I would like to represent the Netherlands. Tittle and genre are not defined yet


Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-14 07:30:37


Can I make a song called corruption or government? It is not offensive, just with a strong meaning, does not contain any words.


BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-14 10:04:40


Well here i go! My submission!

This is a very ambient Dnb song. Call it Intellengent or liquid.

This song represents our freedom from slavery.
Where one of the first countries to free ourselfs.
We where taken away from Africa and where brought to Haiti to work. Also in this song i represent our beutifull nature and trees. Where also known for our black magic hence the very atmospheric sounds.

NOTE:
Not all Haitians use black magic those who do claim are hoax! (Plus even i dont believe in it!)

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-15 13:39:50


At 11/13/09 04:16 PM, Jirohbomb wrote: Can i do something like start in a genre, and then bust into a completely different genre while keeping the same instruments?

That's completely fine.

At 11/14/09 04:55 AM, Airprogressive wrote: I would like to apply again for this contest. This time I would like to represent the Netherlands. Tittle and genre are not defined yet

Okay, you are now on the list!

At 11/14/09 10:04 AM, YouriX wrote: Well here i go! My submission!

Ladies and Gentlemen... our first Entry For the Contest has been posted!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-15 18:17:10


At 11/15/09 01:39 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 11/14/09 10:04 AM, YouriX wrote: Well here i go! My submission!
Ladies and Gentlemen... our first Entry For the Contest has been posted!

WOOHOO!! ALRIGHT!!!
yeah....

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 00:10:02


At 11/15/09 06:17 PM, YouriX wrote:
At 11/15/09 01:39 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 11/14/09 10:04 AM, YouriX wrote: Well here i go! My submission!
Ladies and Gentlemen... our first Entry For the Contest has been posted!
WOOHOO!! ALRIGHT!!!
yeah....

When I first saw this, I said "HEY! what about mine?!?!" but then I realized that what I posted wasn't the finished product, so it doesn't count yet. :P

<PS>


The Last Lullaby

Throughout her lullaby we wishes to say goodbye, but she can only say goodnight.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 11:43:24


Lulzy

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 11:47:26


Mines nearly finished now :)

The genre will be Russian Folk!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 15:14:34


Artist: Assios
Song: Euphoria
Genre: Trance/Dance
Country: Norway

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 18:34:23


At 11/16/09 03:14 PM, Assios wrote: Artist: Assios
Song: Euphoria
Genre: Trance/Dance
Country: Norway

You have been accepted, you will also be facing SBB in the semi-final.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 19:17:08


Artist: PMUTA
Song: TBA
Genre: METAL
Country: Scotland
Please don't be taken, I just finally got my bagpipes up and working in perfect condition.
It is time for the dawn of...
SCOTTISH METAL!!!!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 19:26:29


After a few minutes of deep thought, I decided I would do a 2-3 parter involving the liberation of scotland in the 1200's. Doesn't matter if I can submit them all or not, it would just be an extremely fun project to do.
So...
Artist: PMUTA
Song: FREEDOM!!!!
Country: Scotland
Genre: Metal
Hell yeah!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-16 21:24:34


At 11/16/09 07:26 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: After a few minutes of deep thought, I decided I would do a 2-3 parter involving the liberation of scotland in the 1200's. Doesn't matter if I can submit them all or not, it would just be an extremely fun project to do.
So...
Artist: PMUTA
Song: FREEDOM!!!!
Country: Scotland
Genre: Metal
Hell yeah!

I can't wait to hear this! \m/

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-17 02:55:47


Artist: Snak
Song Title: Hall of the Frost King
Genre: Ambient
County: Denmark
Length: Still adding a bit to it

Shouldn't be too long until my song is done and I should have it posted within a couple days :D

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-17 14:16:12


At 11/16/09 09:24 PM, Chozz wrote:
At 11/16/09 07:26 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: After a few minutes of deep thought, I decided I would do a 2-3 parter involving the liberation of scotland in the 1200's. Doesn't matter if I can submit them all or not, it would just be an extremely fun project to do.
So...
Artist: PMUTA
Song: FREEDOM!!!!
Country: Scotland
Genre: Metal
Hell yeah!
I can't wait to hear this! \m/

Yey, another returnee!
Can't wait to see what you come up with, accepted!

At 11/17/09 02:55 AM, Snak wrote: Artist: Snak
Song Title: Hall of the Frost King
Genre: Ambient
County: Denmark

Wahey, you're accepted too!

If everyone manages to hand in a track on time, we will have 24 acts the the final broadcast. My goal for this time was 20!
If you want me to look through your pieces before the deadline and give you pointers on how to get better scores send me a link to your track via PM. I will only be able to give you feedback twice and me giving you that feedback may not guarantee you perfects scores from all judges.

Come on guys, lets make this the best RAC contest yet!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-17 17:11:33


At 11/17/09 02:52 PM, Chozz wrote: Here is my song!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 88883

That... is pure awesome Sauce. :)