00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Represent A Country 3 [Contest]

13,286 Views | 224 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 10:56:56

Thanks for the entries guys... looking forward to the Big day!
Top 3 Member interviews will be up soon too!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 11:09:25

At 11/30/09 10:56 AM, NeonProject wrote: Thanks for the entries guys... looking forward to the Big day!
Top 3 Member interviews will be up soon too!

HOW SOON??!?!!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!?

The anticipation is killing me

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 14:01:17

Hello,
it´s my first time posting here.
Do i still have time to join the contest ?

If so,
Artist: PG
Song: This Morning
Genre: Don´t know to be honest! Slow Melodic Eletronic ? :P

PS: I don´t know how to submit the link here, so im posting the link for the MP3 directly from my site,
is that ok ??
This Morning.mp3

Thanks for your time!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 17:28:29

At 11/30/09 02:01 PM, pgstudio wrote: Hello,
it´s my first time posting here.
Do i still have time to join the contest ?

If so,
Artist: PG
Song: This Morning
Genre: Don´t know to be honest! Slow Melodic Eletronic ? :P

PS: I don´t know how to submit the link here, so im posting the link for the MP3 directly from my site,
is that ok ??
This Morning.mp3

Thanks for your time!

The deadline for sign ups has unfortunately passed. Plus all entries had to be submitted to the audio Portal. I'm afraid I can't accept You. :(

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 19:15:57

Wow that sucks dude, I thought it was pretty good to.

Oh well always next year right? heh...

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 19:42:34

At 11/30/09 05:28 PM, NeonProject wrote: The deadline for sign ups has unfortunately passed. Plus all entries had to be submitted to the audio Portal. I'm afraid I can't accept You. :(

Nah.. don´t worry.. thanks anyway ;)

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 21:08:34

At 11/30/09 07:15 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Wow that sucks dude, I thought it was pretty good to.

Didn't NeonProject say something about possibly holding a summertime RAC? If he was, maybe it could be like the Olympics, just without all those crazy fucking paparazzi everywhere lol

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-11-30 21:32:23

At 11/30/09 09:08 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 11/30/09 07:15 PM, djInTheDark wrote: Wow that sucks dude, I thought it was pretty good to.

Didn't NeonProject say something about possibly holding a summertime RAC? If he was, maybe it could be like the Olympics, just without all those crazy fucking paparazzi everywhere lol

haha, yes he did!

Also, I should have my final entry posted soon, hopefuly by tomorrow.

<PS>

The Last Lullaby

Throughout her lullaby we wishes to say goodbye, but she can only say goodnight.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 11:04:59

I updated my submission, the mp3 is a bit over 4 minutes, but the actual song ends in 4 minutes, this is just due to mixdown.

I feel a little bad that it's just a revisit, but in the end, I'm still happy with it because the overall quality and track length seems much better. :)

Enjoy, and omg sorry I still need to work on the interview! >.<

Audio-Technica ATH-700Pro Mk2 Headphones User

If you love trance: Kazmo's Beats!

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 11:07:15

At 11/30/09 09:32 PM, PenguinSam wrote:
At 11/30/09 09:08 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:

haha, yes he did!

Also, I should have my final entry posted soon, hopefuly by tomorrow.

<PS>

Awesome, it's even more awesome for you because Marius Chamberlain PPulled out. Putting you directly into a final spot.

And yes, starting 2010 there will be two contests every year (instead of this years 3). One will be in Summer, the other in Winter. I like the Olympics idea, I might work with that. :3

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 11:52:08

The Show is going to start at 5pm EST, if you don't live in that timezone you may need to check what time it will be where you live. Veiwers will have the chance to vote and instructions on how to do so will be given on the night. The running order for artists will be chosen at random and artists will only be entered for the draw if they have already submitted their track.

The Contest will take place at Radiogrounds, simply click on one of the server buttons at the side of 'Tune in Now'. Also make sure you join the chat (Click 'Chat') for show discussion and fun stuff. You will need an IRC Client to join the chat.

The running order for the contest is going to be decided by random draw. Today I have randomly drawn the first 5 acts to be played and they are;

#1 - Box-Killa - Violin Liberation (Australia)
#2 - ProudAardvark - Llama Rampage (Peru)
#3 - Airprogressive - Le Bouclier Bleu (France)
#4 - Simon Cameron - Clock (Canada)
#5 - YouriX - My Roots (Haïti)

Entries not yet submitted will not be entered into the random draw until they are submitted. Another 5 acts will be drawn tomorrow.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 15:18:32

At 12/1/09 11:52 AM, NeonProject wrote: The Show is going to start at 5pm EST, if you don't live in that timezone you may need to check what time it will be where you live. Veiwers will have the chance to vote and instructions on how to do so will be given on the night. The running order for artists will be chosen at random and artists will only be entered for the draw if they have already submitted their track.

The Contest will take place at Radiogrounds, simply click on one of the server buttons at the side of 'Tune in Now'. Also make sure you join the chat (Click 'Chat') for show discussion and fun stuff. You will need an IRC Client to join the chat.

I just checked and the "IRC" chat thing isn't free and for people who can't buy, they will only get a 30 day trial version. This is more of a warning, unless people already know this then i don't know...

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 15:23:42

At 12/1/09 03:18 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 12/1/09 11:52 AM, NeonProject wrote: The Show is going to start at 5pm EST, if you don't live in that timezone you may need to check what time it will be where you live. Veiwers will have the chance to vote and instructions on how to do so will be given on the night. The running order for artists will be chosen at random and artists will only be entered for the draw if they have already submitted their track.

I just checked and the "IRC" chat thing isn't free and for people who can't buy, they will only get a 30 day trial version. This is more of a warning, unless people already know this then i don't know...

If you use firefox download the 'Chatzilla' plugin. It's the same thing.
Also, mIrc is free. Once the trail runs out you have to wait 30 seconds before the button to sign in pops up.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 16:27:05

At 12/1/09 03:23 PM, NeonProject wrote:
If you use firefox download the 'Chatzilla' plugin. It's the same thing.
Also, mIrc is free. Once the trail runs out you have to wait 30 seconds before the button to sign in pops up.

Haha that's kind of messed up, but alright. Thanks, and sorry for the mix up.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 16:54:53

At 12/1/09 11:52 AM, NeonProject wrote: #1 - Box-Killa - Violin Liberation (Australia)
#2 - ProudAardvark - Llama Rampage (Peru)
#3 - Airprogressive - Le Bouclier Bleu (France)
#4 - Simon Cameron - Clock (Canada)
#5 - YouriX - My Roots (Haïti)

Wow im jizzing inmy pants right now :(

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-01 22:23:20

Damn, I missed the deadline, didn't I?
Oh well, that'll give me till summer to work on my epic scottish metal song.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 08:31:35

At 12/1/09 10:23 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Damn, I missed the deadline, didn't I?
Oh well, that'll give me till summer to work on my epic scottish metal song.

The deadline is today. Meaning that submissions submitted after midnight will not be accepted, also...
The next 5 for the lineup!

#6 - Popraz - Stand United (Romania)
#7 - EasilyEmbarrassed - I'm Sorry (The Netherlands)
#8 - DJ Inthedark - Forgotten Kingdom (Lebanon)
#9 - PenguinSam - Star Spangled Banner (USA)
#10 - ChungStarr - Bailar (Spain)

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 12:05:22

Working... hard... right... now... Damn computer.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 12:51:30

At 12/2/09 12:05 PM, Assios wrote: Working... hard... right... now... Damn computer.

Assios, thanks for telling me you're working on it. If today is not possible for your work to be handed in I'll accept it tomorrow, but please make it as early as possible, judges need to mark them.

If anyone else is in the same situation they must tell me quickly, otherwise people who do not submit tracks by midnight will be disqualified.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 12:58:50

At 12/2/09 12:51 PM, NeonProject wrote:
At 12/2/09 12:05 PM, Assios wrote: Working... hard... right... now... Damn computer.
Assios, thanks for telling me you're working on it. If today is not possible for your work to be handed in I'll accept it tomorrow, but please make it as early as possible, judges need to mark them.

Either I'll have it finished by tonight, or I'll have to quit. The computer is too damn glitchy at the moment, so I can barely hear anything (decent) when playing around in FL Studio. I'll see if I can turn down the clippyness when I export it, orelse I can't join, sorry...

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix the problem? Too much lagging and clipping. I've turned up the buffer length to maximum, too.. :/

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 13:05:32

so its my turn now! :D

Artist: Forensic Details (Bearserker)
Name of Song: Break (Intro)
Genre: Experimental Death Metal

i think the song represents really good the night of the crimezones in germany, especially the city hamburg. creepy and aggressive. so, let me know what you think. :D

greetz!

Barry

*growl* ^-^

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 13:20:02

Yay, after turning down the master volume and doing a couple of things I managed to export the song and avoid clipping... However, it was laggy as hell while I was making it, which made it turn out worse than I expected. Also, due to computer crash last week I had to start all over again... Oh well, I guess I'll be happy that I managed to export it, at least :)

I will upload it in the next hour, I guess.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 13:46:41

At 12/2/09 01:05 PM, Bearserker wrote: so its my turn now! :D

Artist: Forensic Details (Bearserker)
Name of Song: Break (Intro)
Genre: Experimental Death Metal

i think the song represents really good the night of the crimezones in germany, especially the city hamburg. creepy and aggressive. so, let me know what you think. :D

greetz!

Barry

The application deadline has passed. I'm afraid I cannot accept your entry.

@Assios: Okay, thank you. :3

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-02 16:02:31

At 12/2/09 02:43 PM, Assios wrote: Finally:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 92772
)

Thank You! ^^

The Last Lullaby

Throughout her lullaby we wishes to say goodbye, but she can only say goodnight.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-03 00:05:10

Yeah I couldn't make the deadline, sorry I'll have to drop out.
But I promise you, I'll be around for the next RaC and it will be awesome.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-03 08:33:34

yea looks like im too late also.

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-03 10:40:52

The Next 5 in the Lineup!

#11 - Pich - Ancient Ruins (San Marino)
#12 - Assios - Euphoria (Norway)
#13 - DJ Sumara - Breeze (Poland)
#14 - Gragh - Bob Locks (Jamaica)
#15 - Kazmo - Far Side Of The Moon (Germany)

Response to Represent A Country 3 [Contest] 2009-12-03 10:53:59

At 12/2/09 11:12 PM, PenguinSam wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 92872
Yay! I got it in on time!

<PS>
Rules:
2. The entering song is not allowed to be a cover version, and is not allowed to sample another artist's
work.

You sir, have been disqualified.