00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Animatorlover25 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update

29,549 Views | 485 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-25 09:08:57

At 5/25/09 08:50 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 5/25/09 07:59 AM, Pounce wrote: I found the dead ringer

holy shit this is blatantly overpowered
It's actually not that bad. When first using it, it seems really bad, but the trouble is that you need to get behind enemy lines to use it effectively. Also, you're more vulnerable than ever to Pyros now, since you can't cloak to get behind the lines to use it.

Unless you're VERY good at disguising, and know the alternate routes on maps like the back of your invisible hand, the Dead Ringer is tough to use, but if you can, it's very useful.
It got me total ownage against everyone in the first few days of the update, before people were used to how it works.

Could you disguise yourself as a team mate, and run into the front lines, and as he dies, you get a cloak behind the guy who shot you, and reap revenge?

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-25 10:17:22

I don't really like this new way of acquiring new weapons, but fortunately I haven't had any duplicates yet and have actually obtained the Hunstman, Backburner and the Axtinguisher. Funny enough, the Pyro weapons I didn't have before and was actually wanting them, so that was convenient for me. I'm still wanting to get the rest of the new stuff, so I'll just have to hope I get them eventually.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-25 14:03:23

I just got the Demoman's Afro and the Sniper's Trophy Belt hats.
They're not useful, but at least they aren't more Backburners and Sandviches.

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 06:10:45

At 5/25/09 11:20 AM, Fyndir wrote: Flare gun, hide behind cover / run off and kill other people, if he survives repeat as necessary.

Lmao Flare gun.

Rocket launcher.

You do realise just how slow the soldier is? Snipers eat him for breakfast, after they've roasted him on a slow fire having just shot an arrow up his left nostril.

Or, since he has no SMG, get in close as a spy and shoot him in the back of the head, repeatedly, if you're using the Ambassador that's a bonus.

This assumes that the Sniper is by himself, without a watchful guardian of some kind. Single snipers aren't the issue, but when the Spy's main trump card is to come in from behind, backstab all the Snipers in quick succession, and then cloak and disappear, revolver shots are basically a big neon sign saying "KILL ME" to everyone in the vicinity.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 15:18:33

ah, FINALLY i got the fucking huntsman after 35 + hours of spectating and playing all i need now is the 2 spy watches and i got it all!

Valve fix your fucking system!
this is my inventory after 40 hours. *note that i had ALL the previous update items. beforehand and that i deleted alot of items too.*

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 15:20:08

At 5/26/09 03:18 PM, explodingbunnies wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Shit! i forgot the picture!

Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 18:48:21

At 5/25/09 09:08 AM, Sweeper128 wrote: Could you disguise yourself as a team mate, and run into the front lines, and as he dies, you get a cloak behind the guy who shot you, and reap revenge?

Yeah, that's actually a strategy I use sometimes. That or an enemy Spy.

It sometimes works, trouble is that if you get caught by yourself, you tend to get wasted pretty quickly since you're the only target around. It can work well in groups, especially if you sit near a couple of heavies disguised as another one.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 19:07:20

Ambassador is complete balls.

brb ninjas surrounding house

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 19:12:18

Update sucks. PERIOD.

Except for Huntsman <3

[vvvpoxpower says the truthvvv]--[ANGRY FAIC]

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 19:30:04

At 5/26/09 07:12 PM, Axius wrote: Update sucks. PERIOD.

Except for Huntsman <3

I can't stand the huntsman. Hey guys, remember when sniper took some level of skill?

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 19:37:26

i kinda hate huntsman cuz there i was on my clans server pwning the other teams snipers and their medics/soldiers/demomen/pyros etc. and some sniper comes out of nowhere with huntsman point blank range i was just like the FUCK!

PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 19:39:14

At 5/26/09 07:07 PM, Meepster wrote: Ambassador is complete balls.

I agree >_> I've seen videos of people raping with it, but I just unlocked it and couldn't do shit :( I was hitting people, but noone was dieing. I got 1 pyro with a headshot kill, that is all.

At 5/26/09 07:30 PM, milinko959 wrote: Hey guys, remember when sniper took some level of skill?

No, actually. It's just point and click with the rifle. I hate it.

I mean, if you had to actually guess where the person will be by the time the bullet has reached them (distance, direction) then it would require skill, and be more fun. As it is, no matter how far away you are, you just point.. and click.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 19:43:23

At 5/26/09 03:18 PM, explodingbunnies wrote: 35 + hours of spectating

Respect for you; gone.
Everything you say now is useless and is considered shit and needs to be written down, and then burned.

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 21:53:19

At 5/26/09 07:43 PM, RiuTenshin wrote:
Respect for you; gone.
Everything you say now is useless and is considered shit and needs to be written down, and then burned.

Hey, its either that or spend another 4-5 weeks playing just to get like my first jarate.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 22:30:09

At 5/26/09 07:43 PM, RiuTenshin wrote:
Respect for you; gone.

Honestly, why are people so opposed to idle servers. It's not like it takes skill to unlock weapons now, so why not idle when you don't feel like playing? I see no honor lost. That coming from a guy who has gotten all of his achievements legit and has never used an achievement server.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-26 22:52:05

All of my friends who play TF2 are on there constantly now, playing achievement_idle. lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 04:01:31

The new miniupdate fails. Ambassador now gets full crits on headshot (as if it wasn't overpowered already) and now the Dead Ringer uses up the full cloak meter, even when you decloak before it's done.

Two bad moves in one update, I really don't know what's gotten into Valve these last few days.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 04:43:44

At 5/27/09 04:01 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: The new miniupdate fails. Ambassador now gets full crits on headshot (as if it wasn't overpowered already) and now the Dead Ringer uses up the full cloak meter, even when you decloak before it's done.

Two bad moves in one update, I really don't know what's gotten into Valve these last few days.

yeah the dead ringer update sucks :(
But i think the ambassador needed the update

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 06:54:21

It gets full crits? You can now kill a heavy in 3 head shots? Well I know what I'm using for the first time today...

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 07:13:00

40 hours played since update came out.

11 duplicates gotten.

0 new items.

Very funny Valve, haha.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 07:27:16

No new items yet, but I got my first Sandman dupe.

Still want Jarate, though.

| Steam | Facebook |

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 08:41:48

I've gotten so many duplicates it's getting to a very frustrating stage. It's not just different duplicates either it's always the same damn item. I've just got so many Ubersaws, and everyone I know, has also got a huge collection of Ubersaws already. It's getting to a stage where I seriously believe Valve will make an online Ubersaw leaderboard of who currently owns the most ubersaws. I've got loads of Kritzkriegs as well, just so many medic items D:

But anyway, hoping that I find some new things soon, got 2 Ambassadors which is good especially since the update since they now do full critical hits.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 14:57:48

There was just a bug where a few people in each server got every single unlock and hat there is. I was in a server with two people who got that happend to them, and I didn't get anything. Now got 3 fans and 2 backburners. Shit.

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 15:19:06

At 5/27/09 02:57 PM, Yiffy wrote: There was just a bug where a few people in each server got every single unlock and hat there is. I was in a server with two people who got that happend to them, and I didn't get anything. Now got 3 fans and 2 backburners. Shit.

Were you in a payload race server by any chance? ;P

The bug happened to me, this is my backpack halfway through the item-spitting-out (I had to restart TF2 to stop it).. I've deleted a lot of items. Just FYI, when your backpack is full you can still get items :/ I had 1.5 bagfulls of items, deleted a LOT of items (I had 4 of each hat nearly).

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 17:11:03

Ambassador with full crits, don't mind me, I will just be 2-hitting about every class in the game.

It was okay before the update, now it's simply overpowered, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 17:30:47

At 5/27/09 02:57 PM, Yiffy wrote: There was just a bug where a few people in each server got every single unlock and hat there is. I was in a server with two people who got that happend to them, and I didn't get anything. Now got 3 fans and 2 backburners. Shit.

There is also a console exploit where you can give yourself and others of your choice the unlocks.
Same way you give stuff away in RP servers in Gmod. The guy who found the exploit has contacted Robin Walker already, so this will be changed soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 17:42:36

At 5/27/09 05:30 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: There is also a console exploit where you can give yourself and others of your choice the unlocks.
Same way you give stuff away in RP servers in Gmod.

And how is that?

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-27 17:52:31

At 5/27/09 05:42 PM, malachi117 wrote:
At 5/27/09 05:30 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: There is also a console exploit where you can give yourself and others of your choice the unlocks.
Same way you give stuff away in RP servers in Gmod.
And how is that?

Console command: give_blablabla. For fairness, don't use it. It pisses people off when people work hard for items, only for someone to get loads of stuff for minimum effort.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-28 11:59:12

At 5/27/09 05:52 PM, Sweeper128 wrote:
and how is that?

Console command: give_blablabla. For fairness, don't use it. It pisses people off when people work hard for items, only for someone to get loads of stuff for minimum effort.

it doesn't work :( i've tried it

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-28 12:21:17

At 5/28/09 11:59 AM, tally1989 wrote:
At 5/27/09 05:52 PM, Sweeper128 wrote:
and how is that?

it doesn't work :( i've tried it

Made a mistake. It looks like you've unlocked all the items, but in fact only spamming console commands. There is a video of this I found on the TF2 Crew Thread, but I cannot remember the URL for this off the top of my head.

BBS Signature