00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GraySlicer09 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng London Meetup Aftermath

44,293 Views | 627 Replies

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 19:02:09

At 1/19/09 06:49 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Now when I read people's posts I read them in their own voice.

Yeah, I love your typical london accent by the way. It's great to be able to finally picture people that I've spoke to/known on NG for years =]

Poozy got lots of shots in from what I remember

Yeah, well Poozy brought them over I assume he bought them - must have cost a fucking BOMB - there was probably ~30 shots there, at least 30 quid maybe even 50+ =/ I remember reaching for the last shot just as Mike was and we were both "oh no I insist, you have it" then Tom (mogly) just reached over and took it, thief.

At 1/19/09 06:55 PM, Andersson wrote: Who are you calling "full of shit"? ;)

About those guys, I didn't speak to them but from what I heard from Tom, Bob and the others they were just friends of theirs in Philly and they came over with them for the trip to London. They seemed nice.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 19:26:22

Okay guys, managed to get the pictures uploaded onto Facebook; here's some more to tide you guys over until the people with loads of picture are ready to post: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20 4686&id=570065642

You've gotta be logged in to be able to see them though.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 19:49:35

Anyone from or around baltimore or annapolis in maryland who would want to be travel buddies? maybe i should get twinsendude/orb to come...

i don't wanna fly overseas by myself :(

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 19:53:32

At 1/19/09 07:49 PM, Starogre wrote: Anyone from or around baltimore or annapolis in maryland who would want to be travel buddies? maybe i should get twinsendude/orb to come...

I used to live in Baltimore, doesn't it suck?! Am I right?! :P Nah, but there are a few users who live in your area but who am I to put them in a strange position...

Well, I know at least one from Columbia, then my inactive brother lives in Baltimore County.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 20:10:14

At 1/19/09 07:02 PM, liaaaam wrote:
At 1/19/09 06:49 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote:
Yeah, well Poozy brought them over I assume he bought them - must have cost a fucking BOMB - there was probably ~30 shots there, at least 30 quid maybe even 50+ =/ I remember reaching for the last shot just as Mike was and we were both "oh no I insist, you have it" then Tom (mogly) just reached over and took it, thief.

I bought half of those shots! there were 28 total

different drinks i had:
strongbow
white russian
vodka diet coke
vodka lemonade
jd and coke
carlsberg
tequila
schnapps
sambuca
becks
stella (Wife beater)
spicy mexican
flavoured tequila
rose wine
vodka oranges

that was multiple amounts of each

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 20:44:47

At 1/19/09 05:47 PM, Mogly wrote: Shame you weren't there Hamster. NegativeOne filled in for you in being the Canadian in town. Oh wait, no NegativeOne is American, whoops.

I know you're saying this just to piss me off. And yet it still works :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 23:28:17

I live in severna park, right in between baltimore and annapolis. yes it does suck but i will get out of here as soon as college is over with. (if our country facking fixes itself)

At 1/19/09 07:53 PM, ixintro wrote:
At 1/19/09 07:49 PM, Starogre wrote: Anyone from or around baltimore or annapolis in maryland who would want to be travel buddies? maybe i should get twinsendude/orb to come...

I used to live in Baltimore, doesn't it suck?! Am I right?! :P Nah, but there are a few users who live in your area but who am I to put them in a strange position...

Well, I know at least one from Columbia, then my inactive brother lives in Baltimore County.

the events are merely fictional, written, directed, and acted out by all who create them

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 02:37:40

At 1/19/09 05:47 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 1/19/09 05:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 1/19/09 09:27 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 1/19/09 07:26 AM, Cally wrote: (I got your name I don't remember it and I'm sorry), Bob(?), Gagsy
I offered to buy you a drink, but you wanted to share?
I heard her name was Sophie or something similar but not really sure how she's involved with Newgrounds.
I think she's Tim or Mike's partner/wife.... or something like that.........?
I thought she was involved with Mike but then someone said that she wasn't but just lived in the Philadelphia area.

I think he's full of shit though.

That is Lisa, she's married to Chris! They're from Philly, too -- old friends of Tim and Bob's . :)

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 02:59:41

Was thinking of coming to the meet but Uni plans got in the way. There's always next year I suppose.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 03:09:20

At 1/20/09 02:37 AM, mike wrote: That is Lisa, she's married to Chris! They're from Philly, too -- old friends of Tim and Bob's . :)

Ah! Okay! Sorry about thinking she was involved with you or someone else.

At 1/19/09 06:55 PM, Andersson wrote:
At 1/19/09 05:47 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I think he's full of shit though.
Who are you calling "full of shit"? ;)

Apparently, myself.

At 1/19/09 05:49 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I was wondering who that person was (Luka). I saw him about but just wondered who he was.
Ehm, you could always introduce yourself to him and then you'd know...

Bah, for some reason I couldn't bring myself to try introducing myself to some people like TomFulp and Luka.

At 1/19/09 06:41 PM, Wonchop wrote: It's time for 'List your Drinks' list all the drinks you've consumed during the night, as well as props to whoever bought them for you. Such lovely chaps.

About 2 pints and two Smirnoff Ices. Thanks to Gagsy, Williwowza, Cally and anyone else I've forgotten. Especially Gagsy though since I kept bugging her to go to the bar for me and I'd pay for the drinks.

At 1/19/09 06:31 PM, liaaaam wrote: Lost-Chances what was your first name? I never asked and noone seemed to know as we (scuzz, sheep, chromeshark) left you all alone on the tube :P

I think someone asked my name and I was about to answer but then got interrupted about something to do with the tubes. My name is Kailan (pronounced Kay-Lan).

At 1/19/09 06:02 PM, Mogly wrote: here is a picture of Kester with a woven bowl on his head, interesting.

I have no idea who he is as well.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 03:42:29

Still waiting on a photo of one of my homies and I playing HOTD3. Hella plastic shotguns up in that ma'.

Should have asked the user who took it's name rather than worrying if it was just going to be for personal use.

(I didn't even realise plastic shotguns were a fetish).

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 03:48:32

At 1/20/09 03:09 AM, Lost-Chances wrote: I think someone asked my name and I was about to answer but then got interrupted about something to do with the tubes. My name is Kailan (pronounced Kay-Lan).

Oh ok, I'm pretty sure I can pronounce that lol :-]

I have no idea who he is as well.

TheHappySheep, Kes, a crazy Sheffieldian.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 03:49:47

At 1/19/09 03:14 PM, Luis wrote: Didnt really like the walkabout, i left early myself.

I don't favour Walkabout all that much either. There's one in Portsmouth (on the south coast), which is where I used to live... and you couldn't actually go in that place wearing white shoes, unless you wanted them to turn brown or black by the time you came out. Also the bar staff are usually pretty crap in my experience, although I didn't buy a drink in the Walkabout that we went to because I wasn't there all that long.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 03:58:08

-Lulz at the Newgrounds Skeleton Gimp picture-

I'm surprised there aren't more of them. Also, many thanks to Luis for making things happen and many thanks to the peeps who tolerated my childish sense of stubborness.

Still, I'm the only one in the meet who managed to pull a bird, sucks to be Swain.

:)

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 04:07:35

At 1/19/09 06:41 PM, Wonchop wrote: 4 Smirnoff Ices (one from MrSimon, one from Weebl, one from Luis and one from myself)
3 WKDs (two from MrSimon I think, and I think I bought one myself)
1 Slippery Nipple (from MrSimon)
2 JD and Cokes (one from MrSimon and one from Weebl)
And an Apple and Blueberry J20 to round it off. :P

Hot damn, I dont remember getting you nearly that much!! :P

Anyways, the day was incredible, it was ace to meet a bunch of you... however it was made clear that I no longer have any presence on Newgrounds =( So these next few months, I'm going to try my hardest to get back into the game =D

Wonchop, Eddsworld, PillowClock and that awesome chick that came out of nowhere, and a whole bunch of you, you rock the shit :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 04:38:09

Going by the pics, seems the coolest NGer was the newest NGer..... The drunken, possibly deranged, homeless man.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 04:45:05

At 1/19/09 06:49 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: The cool thing was finding out what everyone sounds like. Now when I read people's posts I read them in their own voice.

Ha ha, isn't that the best part about these things? The other weird part is finally seeing what people actually look like in reality after having only been exposed to their image. Your mind is kinda like "oh, they only looked that way because of that ONE picture they posted."

Looks like all had fun, SOMEONE GET UP LABELLED PICTURES. I don't have any idea who more than half of you people are, but after years of seeing others complain about their distance from all the meets I've been able to attend it's nice to be on the other side of the fence... or pond as the case may be.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:11:54

At 1/20/09 04:45 AM, Evark wrote: Looks like all had fun, SOMEONE GET UP LABELLED PICTURES.

When someone posts a hi-res version of a group photo then we can work on it >.<

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:13:34

*wakes up*

Oh hai. I got back from London about fourteen hours ago. I went to bed immediately owing to some fucked up sleep patterns.

Drinks consumed over London
* Much cola
* 2 x Piss Tasting Lager

Stuff I found out during the NG Meet:

* No one knows who I am or that I'm a forum mod, according to the Stickam. This suits me just fine.
* Poozy is a lovable psychotic
* I went to Bloodstock this year. I went to the Silent Descent gig during it. I stood front and center and filmed them (badly) playing Beyond Grey. The mosh pit behind me was a whole two people, and one of them was my good buddy Shalashaska-1. And we totally missed each other somehow.
* The admins are worryingly human. No halos or anything.
* Mind you, whenever Swain opens his mouth it does sound like an angelic choir. Or occassionally like Conscience or Blockhead
* Sqeezy should be the lead singer of a Death Metal band from his displays at Rock Band, or a freestyle rap artist from his kareoke sessions
* Ear plugs are a worthy investment for future meets.
* It IS possible for two forum moderators to herd a group of sixty five people from the London Eye four hundred meters down the South Bank to a bar full of arcade machines. One of them needs to wear a damn sweet Australian Duster to do it however
* Dodgems is officially the Newgrounds sport. Dodgems with Super Soakers was considered, but once I pointed out that the ceiling is electrified, it was shot down.
* Again with dodgems - everyone is merciless on them. There is no fair play, there is no sense of honour... there is just violence
* Finally with Dodgems... the wheel controls the direction of the wheel at the bottom of the dodgem, not the direction you're trying to turn in. It's a silly thing, but understanding this concept allows you to drive backwards like I was doing, and how to PIT someone into a pillar... as well as how to get out of a twelve car Reg pileup.
* No one knows thier way around London except for me. And you all walk DAMN slow.
* Private Hire taxis charge whatever the fuck they like. Hackney cabs always seem to charge you £5 no matter how far you've travelled
* Newgrounds Staff members spawn randomly at McDonalds Walk-Thrus. Yes. We have Walk-Thrus apparently (they're like Drive Thrus, but when you lack a Segway...)
* I don't need to code in AS3, according to the staff coders. Huzzah
* I need to do more flash stuff
* I need to go to more meets
* I rock at Big Game Hunting. Seriously. Give me a virtual shotgun with no feedback and some badly modelled Moose or Wildebeast and they're DEAD.
* I am the Newgrounds DDR UK Champion
* Dance Music is a crucifiable offense
* BananaBreadMuffin, Me, and Kirk-Cocaine are the ultimate three piece Mod Band.
* Public Transport is silly. Next year I'll be coming down on my bike
* People don't quite grasp the concept of me finding alcohol a vile, horrid tasting substance
* Coca-Cola costs more than Beer. What the fuck?
* It IS possible to drag an entire Rock Band set (with XBox) and two extra bags through the London Underground. However, I will not be doing it again, owing to the fact I slipped over twice and leapt thirteen steps down Tower Hill station after tripping over them. Landed on my feet still carrying the box and had a crowd of thirty London Commuters confused at the acrobatic feat. Metal
* HappyHarry is an awesome hotel room mate.
* The Philadelphia Eagles suck.
* Tom Fulp's bringing sexy back. Us motherfuckers don't know how to act.
* The UK Evil Dog is like a car crash happening in bullet time.
* NegativeONE gets lost on his way to the toilet. So much so he has to take the tube back to the station where we're waiting for him.
* People are constantly amused by the moderator controls.

I'll get some pictures uploaded soon. Theres not many from me this year, although there's a great one of HappyHarry in front of the world's most obvious gaybar

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:14:39

At 1/20/09 05:11 AM, liaaaam wrote:
At 1/20/09 04:45 AM, Evark wrote: Looks like all had fun, SOMEONE GET UP LABELLED PICTURES.
When someone posts a hi-res version of a group photo then we can work on it >.<

Yeah, we need the mugshots up that Bez was taking... then we've something to work from. I know I had names thrown at me from all directions so I only really know the ones I spoke to a lot throughout the day/evening.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:17:55

Bah, i've been away from this place too long. Was free and bored to tears that day :(

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:18:14

At 1/20/09 05:13 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
*wakes up*

I'll get some pictures uploaded soon. Theres not many from me this year, although there's a great one of HappyHarry in front of the world's most obvious gaybar

Was that G.A.Y.?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:20:04

At 1/20/09 05:13 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: * People are constantly amused by the moderator controls.

Sorry about that, but, they're .. amusing :3

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:30:10

So annoyed I missed the main day, my course was just keeping me too busy. Was anyone else at day one of it? (Digress)

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:44:32

At 1/20/09 05:13 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:

Drinks consumed over London
* Much cola
* 2 x Piss Tasting Lager

Stuff I found out during the NG Meet:
* I went to Bloodstock this year. I went to the Silent Descent gig during it. I stood front and center and filmed them (badly) playing Beyond Grey. The mosh pit behind me was a whole two people, and one of them was my good buddy Shalashaska-1. And we totally missed each other somehow.

I had alot of fun on Rock Band, it's learned me the wise ways of the blue button. LEARNED ME!

Also, I can't believe we missed each other! I was beating the shit out of the cunt who shall remain known as MR A E in the pit. Our hatred for each other goes waaaaaay back, and I'm not joking when I say HATRED.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 05:53:19

At 1/20/09 05:18 AM, Cally wrote: Was that G.A.Y.?

I have no idea what you're talking about...

... this picture is a Photoshop HappyHarry87 thread waiting to happen...

The Ng London Meetup Aftermath

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 06:00:42

At 1/20/09 05:53 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:

More like an MSPaint McPenis slam down.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 06:02:06

It's a music venue downstairs, and GAY club upstairs from (I think) 10pm.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 06:04:36

At 1/20/09 06:02 AM, Cally wrote: It's a music venue downstairs, and GAY club upstairs from (I think) 10pm.

You should try the nightclub me, Tom, Luis and Andrea went past last meet on a Sunday. There was just so many drunken gay guys LITERALLY shagging in the street. It was next door to Imperial China in Soho, can't remember the club's name.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-20 06:04:38

At 1/20/09 05:53 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:

How can you make this picture any funnier?

BBS Signature