00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sabukai just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng London Meetup Aftermath

44,294 Views | 627 Replies

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 17:29:48

At 1/18/09 05:25 PM, iscrulz wrote: Damn I should have wasted lots of cash to go to the meeting. I would have love to seen all the men there. It would have been heaven on earth. I guess I will go to the Montreal meeting in 09 if its at the right time or in Toronto.

June 6th. Beerfest. Montreal.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 17:43:18

Brilliant meet, I'ma rant a bit about how awesome it was.

Firstly, Lost-Chances you're thinking of TimFrommeyer (Sqeezy) not Mogly. Also, Andersson we did notice your goodbye message (well scuzz pointed it out), thanks for that :D

In no particular order, except by the rate I remember them.. Andersson, Mogly, Kirk-Cocaine, KaynSlamDyke, Scuzzfest, BBM, EyeLovePoozy, JPI, Bezman, HappyHarry(87), TimFrommeyer, Swain, Luka, HappySheep, Shalashaska-1, AlmightyHans, Lost-Chances, nogfish, SFB Tom and Dim (sorry if I forget anyone ^_^).. plus all of the people I spoke to on Saturday, you were all awesome ;) The staff, Luis, Andrea.. all of you too. You're all very awesome people, it was very fun to hang out and I now see what I've been missing out on the last few years - I will definitely be at the next one.

Mike, Bob and Rob - you were so awesome to talk to, one day I hope to name my kids after you guys. Their middle name might be Tom, or Google, or something. It's great to see programmers being to sociable, nothing like reversing a stereotype - and thank god you seemed to get our (well, my) humour; I was afraid my distinct British humour would be lost on the fickle philly folk ^_^ It was a pleasure to meet you and I know even though you came over mainly as a work thing, thanks for making it.

Tom, Luis - great job with the organising and thank you very much for the free accommodation, the hotel and flat were great. Tom you're such a down to earth guy as everyone says.. it's very true, well done on the karaoke and I hope to meet you again sometime because it really is a pleasure to meet you. I'm trying not to be too fanboyish in saying this but you're an idol to many Newgrounders not just because you run Newgrounds but because you managed to create such a success of yourself - you're hard working, loyal and deserve everything you have. Luis, sorry for any hassle I may have contributed to late at night (i.e., Thursday night, possibly Saturday night) and I hope that didn't piss you off too much, thanks for everything you did and of course have a happy birthday!!!!!

Anyway, again, um - thanks everyone for being so friendly, you really made the meet a success for everyone that attended, including myself of course. I hope you all had fun, met up with your peers and of course people like the staff, swain, timfrommeyer, hans, the SFB, Luis.. all of the other Newgrounds contributors that make Newgrounds what it is :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 18:12:21

At 1/18/09 05:43 PM, liaaaam wrote: Firstly, Lost-Chances you're thinking of TimFrommeyer (Sqeezy) not Mogly.

Shit, I never knew that. Guess they look alike or something similar.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 18:23:19

At 1/18/09 06:12 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 1/18/09 05:43 PM, liaaaam wrote: Firstly, Lost-Chances you're thinking of TimFrommeyer (Sqeezy) not Mogly.
Shit, I never knew that. Guess they look alike or something similar.

Well the way to tell them apart was that Tim was FUCKING INSANE. Insane yet awesome :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 18:47:41

At 1/18/09 04:32 PM, TheWeebl wrote:
At 1/18/09 03:27 PM, eddsworld wrote:
At 1/18/09 11:11 AM, wafflecake12 wrote:
At 1/18/09 11:09 AM, eddsworld wrote: And beating Weebl at thumb wrestling repetitively was rather fun.
Who won the most?
I did, Weebl didn't win any xD
We only played once though.

Damn, it felt like more.. I pinned your thumb down an awful lot though, haha.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 20:57:07

Took me a while, but I've posted my experience of the event in my profile. I'm off for some more sleep now, I'm still pretty tired from doing stuff all day.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 22:20:22

At 1/18/09 06:29 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: That Meet for me was all about skull gimps, ass and random convos about ads with Dry-Ice

WICKA WICKA FREESTYLA

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 22:31:34

At 1/18/09 01:49 AM, Jonas wrote:
At 1/17/09 11:16 PM, Dangan wrote: Aww
MSPAINTADVENTURESTSHIRT IS +300,000,000,000,000,000,000 COOL POINTS

I'M TOO COOL TO WEAR NEWGROUNDS SHIRTS TO A NEWGROUNDS MEET SO I WEAR THE MOST INCREDIBLE SHIRT EVER INSTEAD.

At 1/18/09 03:52 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Also, Mogly is a very strange child

Accurate, but that was actually Tim Frommomomomeyer aka Sqeezy on crazy-vocals.

Also, I'd like to apologise to everyone I didn't talk to much BECAUSE THERE WERE JUST TOO MANY PEOPLE TO TALK TO EVERYONE YO

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 22:50:30

At 1/18/09 11:11 AM, wafflecake12 wrote:
At 1/18/09 11:09 AM, eddsworld wrote: It was awesome, everyone was so easy to talk to, i wish i did more of the memorable things though. Oh well theres always next time, i just hope some of the people there remembered me :D
And beating Weebl at thumb wrestling repetitively was rather fun.
Who won the most?

Oh, whoops, I was half awake and was unaware that you said you won the most.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 06:04:12

Has anyone else put pictures up yet? Cameras, cameras everywhere but unless I've missed something, only one other has put a link up...

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 06:39:40

At 1/18/09 06:23 PM, liaaaam wrote: Well the way to tell them apart was that Tim was FUCKING INSANE. Insane yet awesome :)

Next meet-up Evil Dog is gonna show everyone how to floss with a used condom, maybe from one of his whorehouse night tours.

Also, that is scuzz holding the camera, isn't it?

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 07:07:20

At 1/19/09 06:04 AM, Cally wrote: Has anyone else put pictures up yet? Cameras, cameras everywhere but unless I've missed something, only one other has put a link up...

Bez & Andersson took the majority of the photo's so i imagine when they get time they'll put some more up :]

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 07:26:35

(I got your name I don't remember it and I'm sorry), Bob(?), Gagsy
I offered to buy you a drink, but you wanted to share?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 07:28:00

Burnzoid:

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 08:27:34

At 1/18/09 01:49 PM, Afro-wolf wrote: Audio portal? Good, post it there...

I realise you're being facetious, but I'm pretty fucking tempted.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 09:27:29

At 1/19/09 07:26 AM, Cally wrote: (I got your name I don't remember it and I'm sorry), Bob(?), Gagsy
I offered to buy you a drink, but you wanted to share?

I heard her name was Sophie or something similar but not really sure how she's involved with Newgrounds.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 09:30:02

At 1/19/09 08:27 AM, PillowFort wrote:

No, I meant put it there for real!

If you miss him, AfroPON is here...

I like cats

Remember Decent?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 09:33:35

At 1/19/09 09:30 AM, Afro-wolf wrote:
No, I meant put it there for real!

Oh awesome, I'll talk to my beat-creating counter-part later in the week and I'll see what we can cook up.

No promises though.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 11:26:10

At 1/19/09 06:04 AM, Cally wrote: Has anyone else put pictures up yet? Cameras, cameras everywhere but unless I've missed something, only one other has put a link up...

I don't have one of those image accounts, though I'll be uploading them all up to Facebook at some point.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 12:08:58

At 1/18/09 03:27 PM, mranarchy wrote: Dude..waffles and t-shirt man :'(

Yeah I got home and saw this blank shirt in my bag and just went "AWWW FUCK!"

At 1/18/09 03:33 PM, jtm17 wrote: Sorry Paul But...Me and My freind got into the pub NO ID checks, i was going to go outside to say "sorry" but BBM told me if i go outside I probably wouldn't be able to get back in.

It's cool man, I tried to negotiate hoping they had to let in anyone with Australian blood to a bar named aussies basically. Liked the hair by the way, like bez minus the uber-tache

At 1/18/09 03:42 PM, Andersson wrote: Hey dude! I hope there wasn't much to clean this morning. I just kinda grabbed my stuff and walked to the tubes but it didn't look like it was much more than some of your clothing lying on some chair or shit like that. Left you a SHORT good bye note if you noticed it.

Also, did Luis react on your comments on the hotel service?

The angry face. ;)

Haha, don't worry man, we just abandoned it with all the stuff like McDonald's everywhere, it was like 10 to 10 and me and Liam were like "Go gogogo!" And yeah i saw the note, that was pretty cool, We left the note it said to leave feedback for the maid to collect, wonder what she'll think, sorry we couldn't have a manly handshake to say bye, it was great meeting ya' though, till next time my snazzy swedish friend.

"Your so fucking stupid!" lmfao.
At 1/19/09 06:39 AM, Andersson wrote: Also, that is scuzz holding the camera, isn't it?

Haha, you bet, back in august I think, I lol'd like a baby.

Anyways I didn't have a faggy sentimental talk, I'll do that on my userpage and flood tears into my keyboard at some point.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 12:16:08

Whenever you hear a little voice in your ear telling you to do something surreptitious, let it be my voice you hear.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 13:20:46

Ive lost a stone and half at the meet!

Bob was cool, clicked instantly, mike was the same awesome guy. poozy is a bit intimidating first off but again a great guy. tim is cool, his arguments with mike were fun!

andersson was great, so was bbm, keith, kirk cocaine, hans, timfrommeyer, negative one, liljim.

cally was nursing me too saturday night, i needed it though.

didnt want to chat to tom cause he looked busy, but when i did talk to him he was cool.

sorry i didn't get round to chatting to everyone.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 14:38:24

At 1/19/09 07:07 AM, Dangan wrote:
Bez & Andersson took the majority of the photo's so i imagine when they get time they'll put some more up :]

I actually have about 1GB of material that I took while nobody looked.
Anyways It was a long and boring day at the airport so I'll get a massage and chill the fuck out
I'll do a review tomorrow.

B est timeever

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 14:47:01

Thanks for showing up to everyone.

i can probably speak for tom and co' when i say that we were blown away at the amount of people that made the effort to come out and say hi... from well known artists like The-Weebl, to more obscure lurkers and bbs personalities.

i'll try and begin archiving the photos this comming week. i actually managed to miss my flight so we are in london for one more day. But yeah, drop me a PM and let me know where I can access your photos and I'll replace the hub page with a day-by-day breakdown to capture the event.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 15:07:57

At 1/18/09 03:33 PM, jtm17 wrote:
Sorry Paul But...Me and My freind got into the pub NO ID checks, i was going to go outside to say "sorry" but BBM told me if i go outside i probably wouldnt be able to get back in.

yeah got in fine bro didnt stay though it was like £3.00 for a coke WTF

PSN: blackkairyu

msn: snake174@hotmail.com

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 15:14:53

Didnt really like the walkabout, i left early myself.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 15:59:17

At 1/19/09 12:08 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Haha, don't worry man, we just abandoned it with all the stuff like McDonald's everywhere, it was like 10 to 10 and me and Liam were like "Go gogogo!" And yeah i saw the note, that was pretty cool, We left the note it said to leave feedback for the maid to collect, wonder what she'll think, sorry we couldn't have a manly handshake to say bye, it was great meeting ya' though, till next time my snazzy swedish friend.

Aw, maybe you were the ones to make Luis miss his flight. ;) Yeah, same same. I'll definitively come to the next one unless I would by some reason get stuck back home.

"Your so fucking stupid!" lmfao.

Hahaha, yeah I loved that part. It looked just like BBM poured his beer over himself on purpose! :D

Anyways I didn't have a faggy sentimental talk, I'll do that on my userpage and flood tears into my keyboard at some point.

Haha, either that or you'll jizz all over it after all of the pictures has been posted. :)

At 1/19/09 01:20 PM, EviLDoG wrote: andersson was great, so was bbm, keith, kirk cocaine, hans, timfrommeyer, negative one, liljim.

You were great too, man! :)

At 1/19/09 02:47 PM, Luis wrote: Thanks for showing up to everyone.

It was awesome and I'm sure that there'll be even more people at the next meet. =)

i'll try and begin archiving the photos this comming week. i actually managed to miss my flight so we are in london for one more day.

That'll be good. Just take time to enjoy your birthday!

At 1/19/09 03:14 PM, Luis wrote: Didnt really like the walkabout, i left early myself.

I was alright with it, mainly because they served food and I was really hungry, otherwise the karaoke bar was were the action were at, even though Saturday night didn't rock like Friday night. =P

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 16:02:17

its early days but

NG Meet Up 5 Coming in the next few months?

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 16:16:22

At 1/19/09 03:14 PM, Luis wrote: Didnt really like the walkabout, i left early myself.

I didn't either. It was too loud and there was nowhere to sit. I couldn't drink at all due to how loud it was. Although it gave me a chance to grab something to eat (which was great). The other bar was a lot nicer. More places to sit, more quieter. I also enjoyed talking to Cally, Gagsy and the unknown 00 user there. The only problem was it was £3 a drink but it was so great there, I didn't really care about price.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 16:19:45

I want to go home man. I can't believe we missed our flight...

I had a great time hanging out with you guys and I am glad I was able to make it, London rocks.