00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cathanof just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng London Meetup Aftermath

44,298 Views | 627 Replies

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 16:31:12

I'll go to a meet... Eventually.

Ixintro who?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:02:57

At 1/19/09 04:19 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: I had a great time hanging out with you guys and I am glad I was able to make it, London rocks.

Dude it was a lot of fun to hang out with you. You certainly disproved the talk I've heard about you (mainly from gumOnShoe, but oh well, haha!) and I'm sure that if Bezman's card game hits the market, or the Internet, your character should be able to steal those points from whoever else every now and then, just to flip the card "MASS DELETION"! :P

Haha, hope you'll be there next meet-up aswell. :)

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:05:54

At 1/19/09 04:16 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:

:It was too loud and there was nowhere to sit.

Protip: Chat up a couple of south african birds, then sit with them and their mates playing drinking games for the rest of the evening.

I love london.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:19:07

At 1/19/09 03:14 PM, Luis wrote: Didnt really like the walkabout, i left early myself.

My attempt to smooth talk around security at da' Aussie bar.

"So there's not some by law that forces you to let anyone who can prove there Australian in?"
Lmao

Also let us all know when people upload there pics, I took ZERO myself knowing that simply so many other people were taking them.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:40:01

At 1/19/09 04:19 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: I want to go home man. I can't believe we missed our flight...

I had a great time hanging out with you guys and I am glad I was able to make it, London rocks.

Now, I hope for your sake that Montreal is the next meet on your list

I know you said this would be the last one, but come on, BEERFEST FOR FUCK SAKE!

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:44:08

I have a few questions about these meetups. First off, is there an age limit? I just want to know if any of you want a fifteen year old showing up or not.

Second off, when will there be a meetup in Florida?

How about this summer?

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:44:15

At 1/19/09 09:27 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 1/19/09 07:26 AM, Cally wrote: (I got your name I don't remember it and I'm sorry), Bob(?), Gagsy
I offered to buy you a drink, but you wanted to share?
I heard her name was Sophie or something similar but not really sure how she's involved with Newgrounds.

I think she's Tim or Mike's partner/wife.... or something like that.........?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:46:46

At 1/19/09 05:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I think she's Tim or Mike's partner/wife.... or something like that.........?

It's not mikes I know that much, unless facebook lies.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:47:36

At 1/19/09 05:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 1/19/09 09:27 AM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 1/19/09 07:26 AM, Cally wrote: (I got your name I don't remember it and I'm sorry), Bob(?), Gagsy
I offered to buy you a drink, but you wanted to share?
I heard her name was Sophie or something similar but not really sure how she's involved with Newgrounds.
I think she's Tim or Mike's partner/wife.... or something like that.........?

I thought she was involved with Mike but then someone said that she wasn't but just lived in the Philadelphia area.

I think he's full of shit though.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:47:46

At 1/19/09 05:40 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 1/19/09 04:19 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: I want to go home man. I can't believe we missed our flight...

I had a great time hanging out with you guys and I am glad I was able to make it, London rocks.
I know you said this would be the last one, but come on, BEERFEST FOR FUCK SAKE!

Shame you weren't there Hamster. NegativeOne filled in for you in being the Canadian in town. Oh wait, no NegativeOne is American, whoops.

-----

As I said I got a lotta pictures, so am waiting for the info for Luis' server before I upload them anywhere. There's to many to upload one by one to Putfile or wherever.

Here's a cool picture I took. This is (from left to right) Hans, Tim (drinking) & Luka looking at Luis' game.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:48:02

Could one of you answer my questions?

Also, what you all calling each other? Your names or your user names?

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:49:39

At 1/19/09 05:47 PM, Mogly wrote: Here's a cool picture I took. This is (from left to right) Hans, Tim (drinking) & Luka looking at Luis' game.

I was wondering who that person was (Luka). I saw him about but just wondered who he was. Still, Hans is a great guy.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:49:50

At 1/19/09 03:59 PM, Andersson wrote: ...otherwise the karaoke bar was were the action were at, even though Saturday night didn't rock like Friday night. =P

I think the writing on the window that said 'Karaoke Night every Friday' probably explains why.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:52:37

At 1/19/09 05:48 PM, BlazingIce wrote: Also, what you all calling each other? Your names or your user names?

Well, mostly real names. Although some just didn't refer to names. The few people who did talk to me often couldn't pronounce my name nor remember it, so they called me Lost Chances a few times.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:58:39

At 1/19/09 05:48 PM, BlazingIce wrote: Also, what you all calling each other? Your names or your user names?

It depends what's easier really. Obviously guys like 'MrSimon', 'Eddsworld' and 'HappyHarry' are easier to call by their blatantly obvious first names. After that I guess it's what's most comfortable. Sqeezy will forever be Sqeezy to me.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:59:19

Whoops, sorry, double post.

At 1/19/09 05:44 PM, BlazingIce wrote: I have a few questions about these meetups. First off, is there an age limit? I just want to know if any of you want a fifteen year old showing up or not.

There wasn't really but later on over 18s were preferred due to drinking. Afro-Wolf (sorry if I got his name wrong) turned up and he seemed pretty young.

Never. Unless San Fran is in there (which I don't think it is).

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 17:59:16

At 1/19/09 05:44 PM, BlazingIce wrote: I have a few questions about these meetups. First off, is there an age limit? I just want to know if any of you want a fifteen year old showing up or not.

There's no age limit, but the events of the day usually lead to going to a bar so if you can't get in, you're screwed.

When there's a sufficient number of users from the area who would want to meet up, whether or not any staff would come is up to them.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:02:04

At 1/19/09 05:49 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 1/19/09 05:47 PM, Mogly wrote: Here's a cool picture I took. This is (from left to right) Hans, Tim (drinking) & Luka looking at Luis' game.
I was wondering who that person was (Luka). I saw him about but just wondered who he was. Still, Hans is a great guy.

Sheeeeshhh... seems I tell somebody this every time... Lukas famous man! He's a NG cellleebrity!

The maker of the (legendary) Classroom games. He's big on Slovenian television (or is that Slovakian?)! Our man, Luka Marcetic!

----

here is a picture of Kester with a woven bowl on his head, interesting.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:06:58

I can't wait until I'm 21 and I finally go to one and I won't feel like I'm killing the buzz with my soberness.

Hey yo

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:09:14

At 1/19/09 06:06 PM, Alpharius120 wrote: I can't wait until I'm 21 and I finally go to one and I won't feel like I'm killing the buzz with my soberness.

or you could just go to england

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:09:57

At 1/19/09 06:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 1/19/09 06:06 PM, Alpharius120 wrote: I can't wait until I'm 21 and I finally go to one and I won't feel like I'm killing the buzz with my soberness.

or montreal :3

(\__/)

(o .o)

(")_(") start a trend - list what song you're listening to when you post. Ha Ha Ha! Attention whoring.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:09:59

At 1/19/09 06:09 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

You've bested me... touche.
Now I just need money

Hey yo

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:24:17

At 1/19/09 01:20 PM, EviLDoG wrote:
cally was nursing me too saturday night, i needed it though.

You looked pretty far gone even when you first arrived - and I'm not surprised with you drinking on an empty stomach :/
Hahaha
You okay? Umm yeah... You SUURE?

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:31:12

At 1/19/09 06:02 PM, Mogly wrote: The maker of the (legendary) Classroom games. He's big on Slovenian television (or is that Slovakian?)! Our man, Luka Marcetic!

No wayyy!! I knew who Luka was but I didn't know he made those classroom games - takes me back to my childhood D:

Lost-Chances what was your first name? I never asked and noone seemed to know as we (scuzz, sheep, chromeshark) left you all alone on the tube :P

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:38:13

At 1/19/09 05:59 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Whoops, sorry, double post.

There wasn't really but later on over 18s were preferred due to drinking. Afro-Wolf (sorry if I got his name wrong) turned up and he seemed pretty young.

You got my name right, I left after the long walk because it would be awkward for a 14 year old to hang around outside a bar...

I didn't know Luka made the classroom games, I would talk to him about how one of the levels where Alex is having a flashback with the creepy backwards music! Lol my sister was talking to him for a while :3

If you miss him, AfroPON is here...

I like cats

Remember Decent?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:41:44

It's time for 'List your Drinks' list all the drinks you've consumed during the night, as well as props to whoever bought them for you. Such lovely chaps.

4 Smirnoff Ices (one from MrSimon, one from Weebl, one from Luis and one from myself)
3 WKDs (two from MrSimon I think, and I think I bought one myself)
1 Slippery Nipple (from MrSimon)
2 JD and Cokes (one from MrSimon and one from Weebl)
And an Apple and Blueberry J20 to round it off. :P

And that was balanced with Hunter's Chicken prior to the meet, Cheesy Chips at the Walkabout, and that mysterious pizza that appeared from nowhere (thanks to whoever bought that.)

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:45:09

At 1/19/09 06:41 PM, Wonchop wrote: It's time for 'List your Drinks' list all the drinks you've consumed during the night, as well as props to whoever bought them for you. Such lovely chaps.

Bob bought me a pint of what I assume was Fosters, and I had 3-4 pints of Strongbow myself. Pretty sober night :P

mysterious pizza that appeared from nowhere (thanks to whoever bought that.)

I think that was one of the staff, and it was I assume the pizza place across the street.. thanks to whoever bought that too :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:49:29

Like it's been said a mixture of both. It got got a bit confusing at time with real names, there was like 3 Toms and a couple of Harry's, James' and Tim's. The cool thing was finding out what everyone sounds like. Now when I read people's posts I read them in their own voice.

At 1/19/09 06:41 PM, Wonchop wrote: It's time for 'List your Drinks' list all the drinks you've consumed during the night, as well as props to whoever bought them for you. Such lovely chaps.

I drunk way to much over the course of the meet to remember everything, which I kinda regret now (especially on Friday), but I know liljim bought me a pint, which was ace. Poozy got lots of shots in from what I remember which was also pretty cool. I'm pretty sure there were others too, so sorry if I forgot anyone!

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:55:44

At 1/19/09 05:47 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I think he's full of shit though.

Who are you calling "full of shit"? ;)

At 1/19/09 05:49 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I was wondering who that person was (Luka). I saw him about but just wondered who he was.

Ehm, you could always introduce yourself to him and then you'd know...

At 1/19/09 05:49 PM, Wonchop wrote: I think the writing on the window that said 'Karaoke Night every Friday' probably explains why.

Well they opened it up on the Saturday just because we rocked so hard during the Friday night. Although, the neighbours weren't okay with us singing Saturday night aswell. ;)

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-19 18:59:09

At 1/19/09 05:47 PM, Mogly wrote:
Shame you weren't there Hamster. NegativeOne filled in for you in being the Canadian in town. Oh wait, no NegativeOne is American, whoops.

Harsh...
But I'll be back in August if there's another meet, thats for sure!
Or, you ungrateful bastards could fly here to Montreal in June for the Montreal meet and Beerfest!
By the way, you still owe me a pint, YOU DOUCHE!