00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sashakingston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng London Meetup Aftermath

44,301 Views | 627 Replies

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 11:19:18

At 1/18/09 11:12 AM, Andersson wrote:
At 1/18/09 11:02 AM, Cally wrote: You're all amazing.
I need a shower. Pics to come :D
From the shower?

*nobody* gets pics from the shower ;)

I'm uploading the photos from the meet now, will post a link.

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 11:34:35

At 1/18/09 11:19 AM, Britkid wrote: I presume everyone formed their little cliques...?

Indulge us, meet-up users. We've been sitting here for the last twenty-four hours, desperately trying to scrounge information. Feed us, let the beast fly!

Everyone gazed at their shoes and only communicated thru notes written on Post-Its.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 11:52:50

At 1/18/09 11:19 AM, Britkid wrote: I presume everyone formed their little cliques...?

Indulge us, meet-up users. We've been sitting here for the last twenty-four hours, desperately trying to scrounge information. Feed us, let the beast fly!

After the Namco Station, we went to the Walkabout bar and got booze and foods. Then we needlessly travelled to another farout pub where there was brief karaoke, a cat, and magically appearing pizza.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 11:54:05

Surprisingly not, at least not from what I could tell. Everyone seemed to mingle with everyone else. I thinking certain people have have flocked together simply because they were more comfortable, but over the course of the night I talked to so many people! Both those whose names I recognized and some who were fairly new to the site but wanted to come to the meet-up anyway. It was great.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 11:58:52

It was great. Dangen, where did you go btw? You seemed to have went missing after Namco. The day/night was great though. I'm a little coughed out from the bitter London air, but it was all worth it.

Met some truly awesome people, and if anyone wants they can read up about it in my blog. Cause I'm going to go and relax now, so I'm not too tired for work early tomorrow morning.

Online persona's versus offline persona's was so interesting to see btw. Some people (NO NAMES) who do act like assholes or badasses online were totally not like that in real life. Can't we all just by who we are guys? Online and off? :*]

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:04:12

Photos are up!
Also, who was it who asked me if my Newgrounds shirt was fake?

random user: Hey, is your newgrounds shirt fake?
me: No, it's old.

noob ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:04:05

Can't wait to hear a full detailed version of hobo episode :)
Also, the sooner I can see pics, the happier I'll be and/or the angrier I'll get for not being able to make it...

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:06:56

At 1/18/09 12:04 PM, Cally wrote: Photos are up!

Wow, I understood you were small, but damn...
You're VERY small :P

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:09:23

At 1/18/09 12:06 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
At 1/18/09 12:04 PM, Cally wrote: Photos are up!
Wow, I understood you were small, but damn...
You're VERY small :P

I'm not small... everyone else is just really tall >_>

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:20:00

When I first saw a guy wearing googles on his head I instantly thought "Oh, god, I'm here with people from the internet what am I doing?".

And then about 5 seconds later I realised "Oh shit, that was Wonchop! Everything makes sense again!".

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:23:38

Fuck, wish I'd gone.

I was planning to but I don't know anybody on here so I pussied out..

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:31:51

At 1/18/09 12:23 PM, Jack wrote: Fuck, wish I'd gone.

I was planning to but I don't know anybody on here so I pussied out..

I registered today and (I like to think) I got on well with everyone I had a chat with.

It did help that I came along with two other non-users who know about the site as a fall back, but it shouldn't have detered you, I came expecting to view a few people I recognized from across a room and ended up playing a round of pool with Tom.

It was a good day.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:43:06

DANGAN, I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT YOU SAID CJ. I WAS ALL LIKE, WHO IS CJ?

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 12:56:35

At 1/18/09 12:20 PM, PillowFort wrote: When I first saw a guy wearing googles on his head I instantly thought "Oh, god, I'm here with people from the internet what am I doing?".

And then about 5 seconds later I realised "Oh shit, that was Wonchop! Everything makes sense again!".

You were an absolute legend there man, was good to see you, and share my SKULLCANDEH headphones with you lol

At 1/18/09 01:44 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: God dammit...
There better be an August meet so I can see you guys again this year..

There will be, if Luis doesn't arrange it i probably will :D

But Coop83 is having a british users meetup in a few months for anyone who couldn't make it to the meet-up yesterday.

At 1/17/09 11:45 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 1/17/09 11:16 PM, Dangan wrote: Aww
Seriously, BBM is like, 5 or something.

I hope people pinched his cheeks a lot.

He is so metrosexual that it's adorable.

At 1/18/09 07:05 AM, Fim wrote: The more I hear about this the more I'm itching to get my sorry ass down to the next meet, even if its a huge trek.

Do it, you will not regret it.

At 1/18/09 05:32 AM, tigerkitty wrote: I had such a great time!! I met tons of you people, and all of you were really nice. I desperately tried to remember names, but in doing so can't remember certain peoples' screen names.

It was embarassing to try and pronounce mine, let alone see the blank peoples expression when i told them who i was =[.

At 1/18/09 06:29 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: That Meet for me was all about skull gimps, ass and random convos about ads with Dry-Ice

Your skull hoody was just excellent.

and SPARTICUS.

At 1/18/09 07:01 AM, deckheadtottie wrote: What a fucking amazing meet, I kinda wish I wasn't such a light-weight so I didn't make such a dick of myself. All of you guys are really great people, and we really enjoyed taking to you all. However, the biggest surprise for me was Bob. I mean, what a fucking legend, you could not meet a nicer bloke.

You didn't make a dick of yourself man you were a real friendly guy to talk to.

Except you kept on saying how NEVR was a handsome devil LOL

Obviously the hobo is a big talking point, but a few moments before that, as we (Poozy, actually) tried to move the sign to take a picture, a security guard stopped Poozy from doing that, so Poozy sized up to him and, honestly, I've never seen someone jump as far back as that security guard did.

The guard looked like he was about to have his life ended, poozy must've felt like GOD.

If you're 6'4" or over, avoid bumper cars.

Once again, sorry Joe =[ me and will caused that injury lol, we thought you'd be ok!

At 1/18/09 07:28 AM, mike wrote: had a great time, it was such an enjoyable experience to meet everyone! i love you all xoxo

Mike you were such a friendly guy to talk to, next time we have a meet I'll definitely buy you a drink or two :].

At 1/18/09 11:02 AM, Andersson wrote: Very very very awesome meet-up! I was expecting to have a good time, I sure was, but I was not expecting to have this much fun!

Mate you were on of the select few people there that i HAD to meet, and it was fantastic to do so.

Also, best dancer on NG is obviously Bezman who's late Saturday night asking to get my mugshot, then after a while of photing saying (AS IF THIS IS A VERY NORMAL THING TO DO): "Thank you Andersson, can I take photos of your arse now?"

He wants a portfolio of Assfest 2009 lol what an interesting man :]

At 1/18/09 11:15 AM, WilliWowza wrote: Yesterday was so awesome, everyone was real friendly and the NG staff are just the swellest guys ever. Me and Sam managed to get back to my place, but we had to stop several times for Sam to throw up his McDonalds chicken McNuggets, maybe getting them from a dodgy late night place at 3am wasn't the best idea.

Yeah the people in london don't know how to cook so much, i was sick when i got home too, me, Dry-Ice & Coop all ate from maccy D's so maybe there's a sign there that they carry food poisoning lol.

There's so much more that I could write up about that day, it was hella fun and I got to meet so many amazing people, but I'll keep it short for now.

I'm sorry i didn't talk to you too much, i'll buy you a pint at the next meet, promise.

At 1/18/09 12:43 PM, Mechabloby wrote: DANGAN, I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT YOU SAID CJ. I WAS ALL LIKE, WHO IS CJ?

YOU BROKE MY HEART OLLIE, INTO A MILLION FUCKING PIECES =[

Also come to the next meet?

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:00:00

At 1/18/09 12:56 PM, Dangan wrote: You were an absolute legend there man, was good to see you, and share my SKULLCANDEH headphones with you lol

Man, I hope being awesome carries me through newfaggotry, I'm probably going to need it.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:04:25

At 1/18/09 01:00 PM, PillowFort wrote:
At 1/18/09 12:56 PM, Dangan wrote: You were an absolute legend there man, was good to see you, and share my SKULLCANDEH headphones with you lol
Man, I hope being awesome carries me through newfaggotry, I'm probably going to need it.

Place this in your sig, you'll be fine.

ATTN: PILLOWFORT ISN'T A NOOBY KID, HE'S SOME TEENAGER WHO'S PRETTY COOL, RESPECT HIS AUTHORATEH

Sorted, make sure you're at the next meet up too man.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:07:14

Yeah for definate I'll be there, did we lose you at walkabout by the way? Don't remember you after walking in.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:08:58

At 1/18/09 01:07 PM, PillowFort wrote: Yeah for definate I'll be there, did we lose you at walkabout by the way? Don't remember you after walking in.

I didn't bring my ID with me, forgot it =[

APPARATUS, a tattoo isn't SUFFICIENT FUCKING CONFIRMATION OF AGE

Dicks.

Ah well, I'll just staple it to my chest next time so i don't forget it.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:11:04

At 1/18/09 01:08 PM, Dangan wrote:
At 1/18/09 01:07 PM, PillowFort wrote: Yeah for definate I'll be there, did we lose you at walkabout by the way? Don't remember you after walking in.

Dicks.

Meant to say APPARENTLY.

Fucking spell checker ¬_¬.

Also has anyone got any other photo's to add? I only took two photo's so i'm pretty useless.

Otherwise i'm gonna have to start telling my story....

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:11:33

At 1/18/09 01:08 PM, Dangan wrote:

Dicks.

We seemed to lose a lot of people between Namco and Walkabout. I know a lot of the kids went home or stayed at Namco, but I guess a lot were probably due to ID.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:15:46

At 1/18/09 12:56 PM, Dangan wrote: YOU BROKE MY HEART OLLIE, INTO A MILLION FUCKING PIECES =[

omg soz

Also come to the next meet?

I hope so. I'll try to get a summer job and save up my money for train tickets, drinks and all that jazz. If I don't manage that, I know Leanne said she'd pay for me. Man, I had quite a few offers from people who said they'd pay for me - the problem is I had to revise and if I did take their offer, I'd most likely not pay them back :D

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:16:57

At 1/18/09 01:14 PM, mranarchy wrote:
At 1/18/09 01:11 PM, Cally wrote:
We seemed to lose a lot of people between Namco and Walkabout. I know a lot of the kids went home or stayed at Namco, but I guess a lot were probably due to ID.
Worst thing is the exact same fucking thing happened to me last meetup, oh well...

Well, we managed to get to Walkabout before security went on the door, though we were still ID'ed at the bar. Only for the first drink, though, even though I was served by someone different each time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:23:47

I wish i could have tagged along this year. Hopefully i can get enough free time to make the next meet. Sounds like this one was a blast.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:24:13

At 1/18/09 12:56 PM, Dangan wrote: Mate you were on of the select few people there that i HAD to meet, and it was fantastic to do so.

Same, same. :) Too bad about your ID, but I'm sure there'll be a next time.

He wants a portfolio of Assfest 2009 lol what an interesting man :]

Haha, yes. Also, I got like 100 pictures and some video clips taken from the weekend. I don't think I've seen any photo's from the Friday being posted here yet, so when I get around to loading stuff into my computer I'll post some funny pictures that had to be taken. =)

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:25:41

At 1/18/09 01:19 PM, mranarchy wrote:
At 1/18/09 01:16 PM, Cally wrote:
At 1/18/09 01:14 PM, mranarchy wrote:
At 1/18/09 01:11 PM, Cally wrote:
Worst thing is the exact same fucking thing happened to me last meetup, oh well...
Well, we managed to get to Walkabout before security went on the door, though we were still ID'ed at the bar. Only for the first drink, though, even though I was served by someone different each time.
Wait...where you with the first or second group to get in? because the lot I was with got checked as soon as we walked in, I could have avoided the checker-girl though when I look back, I feel stupid :'(

Ah well, she'd probably have noticed me later.

Second, though I guess because of the size of the group they could've been "argh lots of people" and just stepped aside. :) Pretty sure there was nobody there.
You're right, though. Probably would've got you when you tried for a drink.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:26:50

At 1/18/09 11:09 AM, eddsworld wrote: It was awesome, everyone was so easy to talk to, i wish i did more of the memorable things though. Oh well theres always next time, i just hope some of the people there remembered me :D
And beating Weebl at thumb wrestling repetitively was rather fun.

Hey eddsworld, were you the guy wearing "Google, Edd Egg"

If you miss him, AfroPON is here...

I like cats

Remember Decent?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:28:37

At 1/18/09 06:29 AM, Shalashaska-1 wrote: That Meet for me was all about skull gimps, ass and random convos about ads with Dry-Ice

Speaking of which....

The Ng London Meetup Aftermath

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:29:43

At 1/18/09 12:56 PM, Dangan wrote:
At 1/18/09 01:44 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: God dammit...
There better be an August meet so I can see you guys again this year..
There will be, if Luis doesn't arrange it i probably will :D

But Coop83 is having a british users meetup in a few months for anyone who couldn't make it to the meet-up yesterday.

Seeing it will be a BRITISH users meet, you just shut me out of it without noticing :P
And no offense meant, but I will go to one of these meets only if its organised b Luis or another user I know personnally. Not that I don't trust you guys, but I feel safer crossing the ocean when I know Luis is waiting for me with arms wide open at the other end.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:31:09

At 1/18/09 01:19 PM, mranarchy wrote: Wait...where you with the first or second group to get in? because the lot I was with got checked as soon as we walked in, I could have avoided the checker-girl though when I look back, I feel stupid :'(

Ah well, she'd probably have noticed me later.

You were with the group I was in, right? I felt really bad that some people had to go if they had forgotten their ID. It was a really busy bar, not much seating which made things sort of difficult.

Response to The Ng London Meetup Aftermath 2009-01-18 13:35:37

At 1/18/09 01:31 PM, tigerkitty wrote:

It was a really busy bar, not much seating which made things sort of difficult.

I hear that, it was though although my friends and I ended up getting a place next to some south african birds and started playing some drinking games.

Limited seating is a god-send on occasion!