00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DunciFlipz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

998,774 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:48:52

I have to refresh my memory on the NGPD rules for flagging, but as far as I know, it's alright if it's by the same author.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:50:28

At 6/1/10 09:38 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: i found 2 movies with same title does that meen its stolen?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 7934

I'm guessing you meant this:

And no, it doesn't mean it's stolen. It's just another spam movie. Nothing to be blowing the whistle over.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:51:46

At 6/1/10 09:38 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: i found 2 movies with same title does that meen its stolen?

Erm... what? They're the same movie... by the same author...?

Anyway, sorry I haven't been active lately guys. I've been increasingly busy with life. I've been needing a job really bad for a while, and I still can't get one. It's frustrating. I'm more stressed out looking for a job than I've ever been working. Arg...

A more positive note though, I B/Ped a bit today. Might a little more later, as of right now though... More online job applications. T_T

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 22:01:53

yep i did and oh

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 22:03:40

At 6/1/10 09:13 PM, TailsPrower wrote: random stuff laced with bits of gibberish.

Ok thanks Tails. :) Just thought I'd see what y'all thought about it before I did anything. That and the NGPD is much quicker to respond than the EGB.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 22:26:05

At 6/1/10 10:03 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: That and the NGPD is much quicker to respond than the EGB.

Obviously this is because I have no life.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 23:18:51

At 6/1/10 10:26 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 6/1/10 10:03 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: That and the NGPD is much quicker to respond than the EGB.

You have a life, but I own it. HAHAHA.

I think I have to agree with Tails on this one, but the fact that it's hosted on kongregate as well by someone of the same name doesn't necessarily prove it's not stolen. What I would do here is try to contact the people that authored the original flash before drawing conclusions. I've done that before with someone that seemed suspicious with some puzzle games, and it ended up being the rightful owner.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 23:56:10

At 6/1/10 11:18 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: You have a life, but I own it. HAHAHA.

SLAVE! Get back to work >:'(

I think I have to agree with Tails on this one, but the fact that it's hosted on kongregate as well by someone of the same name doesn't necessarily prove it's not stolen.

Well, there are several factors that led me to conclude that the game is indeed not stolen:
- The credit section in the game itself attributes the game's creation to a "Voodoo Alliance" by Badhed studio.

- After googling the game's title, I came up with very few results leading directly to the game. Every source I've found except Badhed, the site sponsoring the game, credited Voodoo Alliance and was submitted on the same day although no submission date was given on Badhed. There's only so much we can doubt. But after all this research, I'm confident that it isn't stolen.

But getting back on that subject, does anyone have any leads regarding that Ray Ray author from the previous page? Now THAT account is suspicious and I'm asking for back up on this one.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-02 00:31:56

At 6/1/10 11:56 PM, TailsPrower wrote: But getting back on that subject, does anyone have any leads regarding that Ray Ray author from the previous page? Now THAT account is suspicious and I'm asking for back up on this one.

Well I just did some searching, and even though the author joined 7/13/09 and has 5 submissions to hi name, well...just look:

1) http://www.kidshub.org/index.php?games=R ayRay
2) http://gameserpent.com/playgame/1484/Ray Ray-Game
3) http://www.gameshot.org/?id=219
4) http://www.gamesbarrel.com/games/1671/ra y-ray.html
5) http://www.ultimateflashgame.com/index.p hp?option=com_content&task=view&id=678&I temid=1
6) http://www.2flashgames.com/f/f-1395.htm

I looked at each of those links for anything that resembled an upload date, but found nothing. I didn't even find an author name. So it could be that the Ray Ray game here on NG may be stolen, but until we can find evidence that can confirm that it is stolen, I say we just leave it be for now.

Will that do for you Tails?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-02 00:47:53

At 6/2/10 12:31 AM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Will that do for you Tails?

Yeah, this one's a real tough nut to crack. I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-02 00:52:12

At 6/1/10 11:18 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 6/1/10 10:26 PM, TailsPrower wrote:

Actually, Spiffy, you wrong - I OWN it. Cobra has been one of my loyal minions for a long time now. (The things he'll do for cookies is amazing!)

I think I have to agree with Tails on this one, but the fact that it's hosted on kongregate as well by someone of the same name doesn't necessarily prove it's not stolen. What I would do here is try to contact the people that authored the original flash before drawing conclusions. I've done that before with someone that seemed suspicious with some puzzle games, and it ended up being the rightful owner.

In many cases, people confuse redistributing with stealing. In many cases, if a flash has an ad or a sponsor, the owner/creator of the flash may have agreed that their work could be placed on multiple sites - and that could be done by a third party, giving the initial impression that it's stolen.

The information you guys dug up certainly shows that there's a lot of interest in it, but I have to agree with Spiffy and Tails - more research is needed before you can determine if it's valid or stolen.

Don't mind the cameo post - I just wanted to pop in and keep Cobra on his toes!

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-02 15:37:56

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-02 16:24:13

At 6/2/10 12:52 AM, byteslinger wrote:
At 6/1/10 11:18 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 6/1/10 10:26 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Obviously this is because I have no life.
Actually, Spiffy, you wrong - I OWN it. Cobra has been one of my loyal minions for a long time now. (The things he'll do for cookies is amazing!)

I think we have mistaken ownership here see, I was saying I own Tails. You can keep Cobra to yourself byte lol.

Don't mind the cameo post - I just wanted to pop in and keep Cobra on his toes!

*Salutes*

You're welcome anytime of course.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-02 23:24:17

Hey, I don't mind if Byte keeps me all to herself.

<3 hehehehehehehe!!!

Also, if anyone is going to keep someone else on their toes, it's going to be me. I'm the one who's been out actively hunting for abusive reviews and whatnot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-03 08:12:54

What if I suddenly decide to own your life, SpiffyMasta? :P

I have to say, I love being back. I can't believe how much I missed you guys, I've actually got something to post for on Newgrounds again. :D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-03 12:10:41

Aw cool, 19 B/P points away from the sarge badge, damn it looks cool.

Hah, eh, i seriously suck at blamming, i just got my first blam point after like, 3 or 4 weeks, I guess my timing to be here at blamming is always bad, i rarely see anything that is worth blamming, or to be honest i see suff like that a lot but i guess that my sense of humour is just so much different that people around the world.

Anyway, i might get that badge already today, if there only is going to be something worth B/P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-03 18:48:29

At 6/3/10 12:10 PM, wallrus wrote: Aw cool, 19 B/P points away from the sarge badge, damn it looks cool.

I think that the Scout badge looks the coolest, I was going to keep the Scout badge but got to into B/P. Found out about here shortly after and now I'm a member, wooo :). Congrats on nearly getting the Sergeant badge, I should be getting it myself in a couple of weeks, I hope.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-04 00:10:08

At 6/3/10 06:48 PM, Decky1991 wrote:
At 6/3/10 12:10 PM, wallrus wrote: Aw cool, 19 B/P points away from the sarge badge, damn it looks cool.
I think that the Scout badge looks the coolest, I was going to keep the Scout badge but got to into B/P. Found out about here shortly after and now I'm a member, wooo :). Congrats on nearly getting the Sergeant badge, I should be getting it myself in a couple of weeks, I hope.

Yeah i like scout badge too, also sergeant and police capt., i really don't like the few last badges, they just don't look anything special, besides on my B/P speed it would took me prpably 3 years to reach to the finals, maybe even more.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-04 05:04:05

Damn, i finally got it.

Newgrounds Police Dept.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-05 18:56:49

Well it seems that our suspicious little friend. yeagerbr, has submitted yet another flash game.

As with every other submission in this account, it is also hosted in mathisfun.com, but the user has not once made a connection to that site - which leads me to suspect that they are stolen. Don't bother trying to get it pulled off; it's already passed and we still don't have enough proof against the account.

However, I have gotten in touch with the owner of mathisfun.com, who I believe is the original source for these games, to confirm if the account belongs to him or any of his associates. Hopefully we can shed more light on this case with the owner's reply.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-05 20:07:40

Good work Tails. Perhaps you should think about majoring in Criminal Justice when you start college? That is if you like science of any kind. That and Criminal Justice is considered a Social Science. Also, it is the career of choice, thanks to the "CSI Effect" that Jerry Bruckheimer started.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-05 21:52:54

At 6/5/10 08:07 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Good work Tails. Perhaps you should think about majoring in Criminal Justice when you start college? That is if you like science of any kind. That and Criminal Justice is considered a Social Science. Also, it is the career of choice, thanks to the "CSI Effect" that Jerry Bruckheimer started.

Bahah, that would be epic. :D

-Interviewer "Okay, now what other experience do you have in policing?"
-Tails "Uh.... blaming and protecting on Newgrounds?"
-Interviewer "..."

Still, it would be pretty sweet if you were into that sort of thing Tails.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-05 22:45:58

Haven't posted in a long time, but I've been reading every page. I just haven't had much to add to the conversation in a while. I haven't been B/Ping much lately either, but I should be working more on that soon. Just letting you guys know I'm still here.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-06 00:33:04

W00t! I got nun chucks now. I can start B/Ping Bruce Lee style. :D

Hyaaaaa! Wooooo!

Also, I should have my private badge within the next few hours... that is if some more submissions come through.

Sorry I haven't posted that much, I've been busy lately...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-06 11:20:31

At 6/6/10 10:58 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Sunday 6th June 2010
Good afternoon all :)

This roster has actually come on time for once, after revising for most of the afternoon, I finally have a quick break to get this roster out to you. I hope you're all well.

I've not been active at all recently, mainly because of the fact I have a few exams... 2 of them being tomorrow and well... Yeah. I've been busy revising. Hopefully I will be more active after the 25th of June... To which is my last exam and I will have roughly 9 weeks of pure... Relaxation as I don't have any school until college. Awesome.

Ew, final tests. You'll do fine, good sir! :)

Rank-ups:
wallrus Police Sergeant

Congrats ;)

Joining the list:
Kaizerwolf

Welcome back my friend! Glad to see you back :D

Good to be back! :D

Top 5 Gainers:
1. wcatdoor - 68
2. Mans0n - 54
3. TheSongSalad - 29
4. wallrus - 27
5. Decky1991 - 19

Apprentices:
None :(

Total Gain for the week = 212
That's 30.3 points per day , or 1.8 per day per member (17 members)

I like the new idea of showing how many points were gained by all the members. Excellent work as always on the roster, Liz. :D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-06 11:21:41

At 6/5/10 10:45 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: I haven't been B/Ping much lately either, but I should be working more on that soon. Just letting you guys know I'm still here.

Thanks for giving us the heads up Salad. When you feel ready to become active again, let us know :)

At 6/6/10 12:33 AM, CagedSilhouette wrote: W00t! I got nun chucks now. I can start B/Ping Bruce Lee style. :D

Hyaaaaa! Wooooo!

*face stomp* HoooooooAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhh! O.O

Also, I should have my private badge within the next few hours... that is if some more submissions come through.

Congratulations on your new private badge, Caged! You are hereby honorably discharged from the NGPD along with recommendation for your application to the EGB if you choose to join them. We've had some great times and it was certainly a pleasure getting to know you over the months. Don't forget, you're always free to stop by here whenever you want!

Cheers!
*Salute*

Also, I'll be graduating from high school in just a few short hours. It's crazy to think that my four years are already over, yet so much has happened in that time. Well! Nothing left to do but get my diploma and embark upon a new chapter in my life! Yeeehawwww!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-06 12:12:42

At 6/6/10 10:58 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Leaving the list:
CagedSilhouette

Farewell my friend. I'll see you in the EGB if you choose to join, if not... Well I'll see you around.

See ya around. :)
I'll probably join the EGB eventually, but I have some stuff to do first. I've had a nice time here, though I wasn't so active towards the end. I'll stop by and visit every now and then.

Top 5 Gainers:
1. wcatdoor - 68
2. Mans0n - 54
3. TheSongSalad - 29
4. wallrus - 27
5. Decky1991 - 19
Total Gain for the week = 212
That's 30.3 points per day , or 1.8 per day per member (17 members)

Dang. B/P averages are slipping lately, huh? I suppose I understand. I haven't been able to B/P much at all. Just that little bit to get my new badge. Ah well. I suppose someday in the future when we are all collectively not so busy we can B/P on nearly everything coming out of the portal.

Total Gain for the week = 50,000
That's 7,142.9 points per day, or 420[:D] per day per member (17 members)
Ha, would that even be possible?!
At 6/6/10 11:21 AM, TailsPrower wrote: *face stomp* HoooooooAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhh! O.O

Hot damn! The brutality of teh face stomp! Sends chills down my spine. O.o

Bruce Lee's the shit!
Congratulations on your new private badge, Caged! You are hereby honorably discharged from the NGPD along with recommendation for your application to the EGB if you choose to join them. We've had some great times and it was certainly a pleasure getting to know you over the months. Don't forget, you're always free to stop by here whenever you want!

Thanks Tails. Like I told Lizz, I'll probably join the EGB eventually. I'll do my best to come in here and visit every once in a while too. It was nice getting to know everyone here, and I suppose I'll be seeing you around.

Later everyone. :)

Cheers!
*Salute*

*Salute*

Also, I'll be graduating from high school in just a few short hours. It's crazy to think that my four years are already over, yet so much has happened in that time. Well! Nothing left to do but get my diploma and embark upon a new chapter in my life! Yeeehawwww!

Oh, neat! I never graduated. :.(
I started hanging around the wrong crowd and I dropped out, like an idiot. I did, however, get my G.E.D right after that, so I guess that's alright.

Anyway, congrats on graduating from high school! I wish you the best of luck with your life. You have the whole world at your feet, don't forget that. I don't know what else to say but... Yeeehawwww! Lol. I'm happy for you pal.

See you around. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-06 15:20:20

At 6/6/10 11:21 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Also, I'll be graduating from high school in just a few short hours. It's crazy to think that my four years are already over, yet so much has happened in that time. Well! Nothing left to do but get my diploma and embark upon a new chapter in my life! Yeeehawwww!

Awesome! Congrats Tails. Really, you deserve it for all the hard work you've put in throughout your high school career. I graduated on 6/10/08 with a GPA of 3.0 flat! I graduated 147/247 in my class. Speaking of my class, when we were all just freshmen, the principle said that we were by far the largest freshman class to date. My high school opened up in 2002 and the first graduating class was the class of 2006. My brother is part of that class. Now he's a part of The Class Of 2010 of UNCG.

What's your GPA Tails? I'll hopefully be getting my Associate's Degree Fall 2011 because I'm taking the summer off for working and making moolah! I only have 3 more classes, and they're all my general course credits. English 112, a math, and a foreign language.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-06 16:29:45

Retaking a maths exam tomorrow then its just a few more weeks until I leave college.........Until september anyway, got 2 more years and then 3 in university after that. I'm going to be the grand old age of 24 when I leave the educational system.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-08 12:04:22

At 6/6/10 03:20 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: What's your GPA Tails?

I'm not quite sure yet but seeing as I'll be getting a C in physics, I'm guessing anywhere between a low to mid 3. The highest I've ever gotten was a 4.0 which was first semester sophomore. That was before everything hit the skids :(

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature