00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

992,624 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-05-31 22:06:57

At 5/31/10 02:37 PM, Porkchop wrote:
At 5/31/10 02:32 PM, Gokussj20 wrote: hey I just joined yesterday idk much :)
Wellllll, considering you have nearly no posts, i'd say GET AT LEAST 50 GOOD, NOT SPAMMY POSTS. :D

Holy crap, look who the cat brought in. PORKCHOP! Too long no see friend.

At 5/31/10 09:26 PM, Zombicidle wrote: Gokussj20 (and to any new user who sees this), let me wrap up what everyone is saying in a nutshell in case you see this again.
I think that covers pretty much everything. It's a lot of information to swallow, but you'll get it eventually. PM me if you still need help or are confused.

This hopefully should cover information to any additional new users that stumble up here.

Hopefully I'm not being a nuisance here

That was a great deal of good information that kind of came out of nowhere, good work. I hope Gokuss reads it. And stops being so spammy cause I will put my foot down somewhere.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 00:42:30

Whoa Zombie... I did not expect a wall of useful facts to pull a deux ex machina. I'm quite impressed by your applicable knowledge of the whistle system. As Spiffy said, I hope new users will take advantage of this wealth of convenient information bestowed upon us.

Also, to clarify on goku's behalf:

- Spam flashes are not abusive, therefore they should not be whistled. As a matter of fact, the Portal has recognized spam as a distinct category for submissions, appropriately named Spam. So in other words, just vote on spammy submissions as how you feel about it.

- That submission you reported earlier with the shredder isn't really racist. The person being shredded, Gary Coleman, recently passed away so I guess the author was trying to troll some folks. It just so happened that he's black, but racism that was probably not the author's intention when he made that flash. While it is highly disrespectful and distasteful, it is not considered abusive. Personally I would've blammed it myself though...

- It would take more than one whistle to get a movie flagged and pulled off for admin review. Even if you had the deity whistle it would take more whistles - the highest level whistle for normal NG'ers like us.

Keep on learnin, boyo.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 10:17:47

**Malicious flash alert**

This guy tries to get you to vote for a runescape server by saying you need to visit www.vote4m.tk and vote to be able to play, but there is no game.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 12:52:13

At 6/1/10 10:17 AM, Megore wrote: **Malicious flash alert**
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 7878
This guy tries to get you to vote for a runescape server by saying you need to visit www.vote4m.tk and vote to be able to play, but there is no game.

lol, I play runescape and thats not even CLOSE to the same url

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 13:30:05

Hmm, what all has changed since I've left..?

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 15:20:52

2 weeks for rollcall. Someone PM me on june 14th. ;)

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 15:22:49

At 6/1/10 01:30 PM, Sectus wrote: Hmm, what all has changed since I've left..?

Indeed, i'm here too...Ugh, why do even bother, btter return to the cave again.
Oh hey i think i got some easy whistle points, some guys have been giving unsuitable rewies, full of cursing etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 15:25:36

At 6/1/10 03:20 PM, Toiletpaper wrote: 2 weeks for rollcall. Someone PM me on june 14th. ;)

Why don't you just send a quick reply? That's what I did and it only took me about 2 minutes :D

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 15:31:39

Welcome back, passed this over when posting.
Completely changed NGPD, btw. Much more b/p going on now.
buck dich - befehl ich dir
wende dein Antlitz ab von mir
dein Gesicht ist mir egal
buck dich

At 6/1/10 03:22 PM, wallrus wrote: Indeed, i'm here too...Ugh, why do even bother, btter return to the cave again.
Oh hey i think i got some easy whistle points, some guys have been giving unsuitable rewies, full of cursing etc.

welcome back, despite you being here before I joined. :)

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 15:49:24

Quite a bit has been going on lately. We've definitely been growing well as a crew over the past months and a lot of people are becoming active in portal duty too! Of course, you may also notice some new faces around here. I see you're trying to get back on the NG scene huh? Our doors are always open for you, Sectus :)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 16:06:32

At 6/1/10 12:42 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Whoa Zombie... I did not expect a wall of useful facts to pull a deux ex machina. I'm quite impressed by your applicable knowledge of the whistle system.

Well Tails, did you miss the part where he said that he had an alt that is of rank and post status to join the NGPD?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 16:52:36

Oh look, it's ToiletPaper. And Sectus.

Geez i missed you guys. :D

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 17:07:38

At 6/1/10 04:52 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: Oh look, it's ToiletPaper. And Sectus.

Geez i missed you guys. :D

Well shit, I must have missed the last page. HERRO! :)
And as you said, school is ending and you're winding down. For me, this is all the more reason to be outside, or inside on video games ;)

Komm mit mir, komm auf mein Schloss
Da wartet Spass im Tiefgeschoss
Leise, leise woll'n wir sein
Den Augenblick von Zeit befrei'n
Ja, das Paradies liegt unterm Haus
Die Tür fällt zu, das Licht geht aus

Seid ihr bereit?
Seid ihr soweit?
Willkommen.....
in der Dunkelheit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 17:09:46

credit to rammstein btw.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 19:37:40

At 6/1/10 05:09 PM, Toiletpaper wrote: credit to rammstein btw.

What is with you and Rammstein lately? I know they're awesome, but tone it down a bit okay?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 19:47:46

At 6/1/10 07:37 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
What is with you and Rammstein lately? I know they're awesome, but tone it down a bit okay?

Du.
Du Hast
Du Hast Mich

Du
Du Hast
Du Hast Mich
Du Hast Mich
(Strange Deutsch Words...)

Credits: Rammstein BTW

Hah, I luvit!

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 19:49:44

At 6/1/10 07:37 PM, TailsPrower wrote:

Du.
Du Hast
Du Hast Mich

Du
Du Hast
Du Hast Mich
Du Hast Mich
DU Hast Mich Gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt!!

Credits: Rammstein BTW

Hah, I luvit!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 20:00:54

At 5/31/10 08:42 PM, Lizzardis wrote: That would be of a great help my friend

Officers, tell me from since what page did you all encounter the error message of sending the max number of unread PMs?

I'll start gathering up links of unflagged crap and do the PMing for you all.

I help users, catch stolen flashes and flag reviews from assholes. Sue me for serving justice to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 20:01:48

Okay, this stops now. I know that was an accidental double post, but this is starting to turn into spam. Next person who insists on continuing this Rammstein nonsense gets a 1 week suspension starting now.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 20:13:48

At 6/1/10 08:01 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Okay, this stops now. I know that was an accidental double post, but this is starting to turn into spam. Next person who insists on continuing this Rammstein nonsense gets a 1 week suspension starting now.

Ugh, I pressed f5 accidentally before posting the whole lyrics... So sorry Tails... :'( NO MORE RAMMSTEIN.

Also, that flash is very suspect, since the games from that author are just as like that other guy, Games2...

What do you guys think?? I couldn't find the stolen flash, but if someone finds it, contact us...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 20:29:47

At 6/1/10 08:13 PM, RogerBK wrote: Also, that flash is very suspect, since the games from that author are just as like that other guy, Games2...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 7931
What do you guys think?? I couldn't find the stolen flash, but if someone finds it, contact us...

I found several sites that hosted the exact same game, but I cannot prove for sure who the original author is, all of the other sites I found did not state who the creator of it was. Not only that, I found that his other submission, Tower of Hanoi, can also be found on other sites. Same case, I cannot find out who the original author for that one is either.

Extremely suspicious indeed, but I can't prove that they are stolen.

But a common theme in his submissions is that they're all math-based and extremely generic. Looks like we might need to do some further investigating.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 20:41:44

UPDATE:

I just found out that ALL of that user's submissions can also be found at http://www.mathsisfun.com/, and certainly in other websites as well. I'll continue to look into this.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:04:51

Which then brings this to light as well:

the "author" joined March 20th of this year. He has no link to the BadHed site and no other flash submissions to his name.

http://www.badhed.com/play-game/mad-worm s-intrusion

Thoughts?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:13:29

I think that one's the real deal. I found that the game is also hosted on Kongregate and is authored by someone named Voodoo Alliance as well. Moreover, the game over there was submitted today. Google search didn't pull up any more results for this game that isn't the one in NG right now and Kongregate. I'd leave that one alone.

Link:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Voodoo_A lliance/mad-worms-intrusion

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:14:09

At 6/1/10 09:04 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Thoughts?

This is my 2 cents, but here are red flags I picked up:

- No news posts
- No link to the source of flash
- No flash (nor other submissions)
- No favorites
- 0 BBS posts, 0 reviews, 0 B/P, and 20 EXP
- All caps comment
- Authors' Comment itself is suspicious
- 2010 sign up
- Strangly impressive flash for first flash submission
- Flash found in another website

All these flags yell at me "STOLEN!"

I should really get the fuck out of here if I'm not a member

I help users, catch stolen flashes and flag reviews from assholes. Sue me for serving justice to Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:16:14

At 6/1/10 09:04 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Thoughts?

Credits:
"Created by Voodoo Alliance; Sponsored by BadHed."

I'm leaning towards not flagging that one.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:16:25

At 6/1/10 09:13 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I think that one's the real deal.

OK I'm out of here; I'm doing more damage than good.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:20:04

wow, it's been a few weeks, and a lot has been going on

At 6/1/10 09:16 PM, Zombicidle wrote:
At 6/1/10 09:13 PM, TailsPrower wrote: I think that one's the real deal.
OK I'm out of here; I'm doing more damage than good.

not that much damage that i have seen, you have helped in my opinion

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!

My flash games and movies!

Huzzah!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:22:56

At 6/1/10 09:14 PM, Zombicidle wrote: This is my 2 cents, but here are red flags I picked up:

- No news posts

While somewhat suspicious, it cannot serve as proof for theft.

- No link to the source of flash

Good point. Authors should be wary to inform viewers that the game is hosted elsewhere.

- No flash (nor other submissions)

Cannot be used as proof against a user.

- No favorites

What does that have to do with anything?

- 0 BBS posts, 0 reviews, 0 B/P, and 20 EXP

Irrelevant.

- All caps comment

While it is annoying, that may just be an author's disposition with the keyboard. Has no bearing on the nature of the flash.

- Authors' Comment itself is suspicious

Perhaps, but not conclusive.

- 2010 sign up

Irrelevant

- Strangly impressive flash for first flash submission

Maybe he's aware of the cardinal rules (AKA "never submit your first flash creation").

- Flash found in another website

That's important, but that must also follow up with other factors such as the author on THAT other site, date of submission, etc. Remember, we are looking for concrete evidence, not details that merely implicate the author. It is difficult and it may not be the most efficient, but it is the fairest way.

I should really get the fuck out of here if I'm not a member

Why do you say that? We've always welcomed anyone who's willing to help our cause! Please, don't feel hesitant to stay here - you are not obliged to become a member nor will we force anyone to do so. You may visit here as often as you please as long as you abide by our rules. Sounds reasonable, right? :)

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2010-06-01 21:38:59