00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

spiritgarden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,090 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-03 23:16:07

Well I submitted some audio annd it said it was uploaded sucessful but it doesn't appear any where on the site or on my page

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-03 23:29:55

Jeez people, I don't want to be a dick, but if any of you have been paying attention there actually are a lot of submissions waiting to be approved, and yes, the mods do actually listen and check if there's any stolen content in them. They're volunteers, don't get down on them.

So please just calm the hell down and wait a bit like the rest of us. Once you're cleared, you're cleared, so it's worth it. Just be patient.

#1286129 // soundcloud.com/1shibumi

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-04 18:38:46

For those waiting, I just want to say I was approved today and that my wait was exactly two weeks. And READ THE FIRST POST!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-09 19:48:29

now a month of waiting and still no audio has been checked.....b.s! if waiting takes this long what the hell am i even trying to send audio? wtf!!??? pms and posting shizznit and whatnot fukc that shit. come on can anyone just check it shizzzt!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-09 19:55:08

At 10/9/09 07:48 PM, W3sl3y wrote: now a month of waiting and still no audio has been checked.....b.s! if waiting takes this long what the hell am i even trying to send audio? wtf!!??? pms and posting shizznit and whatnot fukc that shit. come on can anyone just check it shizzzt!

Because there are (last I heard) about 500 people like you with the same problem. There's just a huge waiting line. The audio portal is gaining more and more new artists every day and the audio moderators have to deal with that. They do that without getting paid, so you better be happy they're still willing to do it.

Also, you check if you're banned by trying to submit something new. As it's been a month, there's a good chance you got banned.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-23 17:05:41

Will you get banned from using movie quotes in your music. I've been thinking of using some quotes from 'IT'. I am not sure about the facts, but will the artist get sued to sampling others music but does not plan to make profit from it?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-10-27 20:40:36

Don't kill me for this sort of "Bump" post, but it would seem this should be a sticky thread or something, since the forum still seems to be being flooded by posts about "their audio not being submitted the second i posted it because i'm a whiny bitch who is impatient and inconsiderate of other people actually having a life" thread. Though i may have been paraphrasing. lol

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-11-05 06:18:45

At 3/15/09 09:48 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote: It took me a week for my first song. I took that week to make more music. You just gotta WAIT.

I'm doing the same thing atm, making more tunes while waiting for approval. I can wait, It just makes me nervous not knowing if I'll get approved or not, I mean, yeah my work is 100% my effort but...mods aren't perfect so..I still get a tad concerned about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-11-05 07:14:39

If you are concerned that the mods will ban you when you did make everything yourself, make sure you just give enough details about the production in your author comments, that helps the moderators figure out whether you made it or not.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-11-05 18:08:56

Just posted something a couple hours ago, now to wait and see. Hopefully I won't have as bad luck as some people. (No offense.) 100% my work so I should be good unless they are deaf hahaha.

If you wish to change something, do it! Don't sit and whine about how you can't.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-11-05 18:45:23

At 9/27/09 08:51 PM, W3sl3y wrote: this really sucks...

Apparently you were banned :(
Don't know why.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-12-23 08:55:45

Hello, i was just wondering, but i posted my first song i made like yesterday, it's pretty decent to my opinion, but it's not in yet, maybe it's too good to be a first time song? lol, oh and i posted another one today, hope i didn't get banned for some reason ._.

and i saw the whole new song list cycle trough whole. It's pretty annoying. Thanks for any help.

Quake Live: "-One day i woke up in the morning, saw 2:40 on the clock and shouted - OH S*!T, QUAD IS ABOUT TO SPAWN!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-12-28 14:48:00

Yah, I was approved a few days ago!
Thanks!

But I do have few questions on what I could upload.

What are the grounds on playing sheet music from other popular artist with your own instrutment? Is that grounds for termination or what?

I mean if I play king of the road on my trumpet and upload it, will I'll be gone for good or am I stressing over nothing?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-12-28 15:02:51

At 12/28/09 02:48 PM, AccountableMasses wrote: What are the grounds on playing sheet music from other popular artist with your own instrutment? Is that grounds for termination or what?

I mean if I play king of the road on my trumpet and upload it, will I'll be gone for good or am I stressing over nothing?

Sure, give credit to the original artist and you can do that

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-12-28 17:24:20

Sure, give credit to the original artist and you can do that

Thanks for the help. I'll upload it right away then.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-16 13:25:36

Hm. I just now realised that the file name for my music has "By DrunkenOrc" in it. Because DrunkenOrc is my account on the site I originally started putting music on before I decided to change to NG. However I can assure that I am, in fact, the creator of them. Is this going to be a problem? Is there anything I should do?

A shop doop whabadap bing bong ding dong diddly-do to you, too!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-16 14:51:02

At 1/16/10 01:25 PM, UnderTown wrote: Is this going to be a problem? Is there anything I should do?

This could very well be a problem...
Um you can try to prove its you by sending me or another mod (depending on what sequencer you use) the file you used to make the song...that would be proof enough.

MESSAGE TO ALL

PLEASE be patient...the list takes some time to go through, so please be patient.
Thanks

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-16 16:26:39

At 1/16/10 02:51 PM, TMM43 wrote: This could very well be a problem...
Um you can try to prove its you by sending me or another mod (depending on what sequencer you use) the file you used to make the song...that would be proof enough.

Alright. Is it possible to send files over NG? How should I send you the file? And, I'm assuming that sending the file for only one of the songs would be enough. I use Ableton Live so I can send you the project I used to make one of the songs I submitted.

A shop doop whabadap bing bong ding dong diddly-do to you, too!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-21 15:03:42

Not to whine or look be impatient or something, but we (this is a joint account) just submitted our first track - Rise of the Empire, and if an audio moderator can validate it within an hour or so, that'd be very convenient!

Sorry, we're in a bit of a hurry right now... I understand the process takes from a few days to a few weeks, but if you can validate it for us within around an hour or so, it'd be great :). Thanks, and sorry if I'm not allowed to ask for validation or something. If you can't validate it within an hour, it won't be the end of the world, and I'll stop bugging you and be patient :P.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-21 15:05:52

Sorry to say duder, but we can't just approve audio because someone asked. You must have a legitimate reason, like if it was for a contest (ie pirate day voice acting contest).

Other than that your submission will be processed in the order it was received. Please be patient!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-21 15:11:35

At 1/21/10 03:05 PM, TMM43 wrote: Sorry to say duder, but we can't just approve audio because someone asked. You must have a legitimate reason, like if it was for a contest (ie pirate day voice acting contest).

Other than that your submission will be processed in the order it was received. Please be patient!

Alright, sorry! It's just because a friend of mine's waiting for me to show him the song today, since tomorrow he'll be going abroad for the weekend, and he just wants to hear it before he goes. I suppose he can wait till Monday then ^^. I'll shut up now :P.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-21 15:13:03

At 1/21/10 03:11 PM, Raven-Guard wrote: I'll shut up now :P.

lol it's fine...its just so many people are impatient.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-23 05:53:03

I've submitted my first song for approval about 1 or 2 weeks ago (I don't really remember...)
You haven't forgotten about me, have you?
Meh. I guess patience can be useful sometimes.
Oh, my song isn't stolen, by the way. Made it all by myself, yessir!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-23 21:39:48

At 1/23/10 04:33 AM, ChemIisan wrote:
1)How fast does the process work now that its 2010? Is it slower or faster?

The processes still hasn't changed since '09. It's still a painstaking process to see if every song is legit.

2)Is it considered 'ripped off' if you used an MIDI-esqe software (I started using Reason)?

MIDI-esqe? You mean like you used a midi keyboard or something? then that's ok. If you used a midi from a song...that is not allowed.

At 1/23/10 05:53 AM, Orangoetan wrote: You haven't forgotten about me, have you?

No we haven't. Like I said it's a VERY long process...be patient. :D

At 1/23/10 02:37 PM, ChemIisan wrote: So it's not considered illegal that I used another's instrumental tones to make my loop, but on my own track?

If you bought your sequencer and use the standard sounds they have, that is NOT illegal. If you acquire a loop, lets say a loop from a famous song, and use it, that IS illegal.

Please guys, the amount of time it takes to be approve varrys. It all depends on how many people have submitted song (and there are a LOT).
The process will take a while, so PLEASE be patient and we WILL get to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-24 03:52:24

At 1/23/10 09:39 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 1/23/10 04:33 AM, ChemIisan wrote:
1)How fast does the process work now that its 2010? Is it slower or faster?
The processes still hasn't changed since '09. It's still a painstaking process to see if every song is legit.

2)Is it considered 'ripped off' if you used an MIDI-esqe software (I started using Reason)?
MIDI-esqe? You mean like you used a midi keyboard or something? then that's ok. If you used a midi from a song...that is not allowed.

At 1/23/10 05:53 AM, Orangoetan wrote: You haven't forgotten about me, have you?
No we haven't. Like I said it's a VERY long process...be patient. :D

At 1/23/10 02:37 PM, ChemIisan wrote: So it's not considered illegal that I used another's instrumental tones to make my loop, but on my own track?
If you bought your sequencer and use the standard sounds they have, that is NOT illegal. If you acquire a loop, lets say a loop from a famous song, and use it, that IS illegal.

Please guys, the amount of time it takes to be approve varrys. It all depends on how many people have submitted song (and there are a LOT).
The process will take a while, so PLEASE be patient and we WILL get to you!

Alrighty. =) I was directed towards this thread to ask if I somehow was banned, but I uploaded another project of mine (100% mine) to verify, and it was uploaded, so I suppose I am still in line, so I shall not be bothered about the approval time as of yet.

However, I still (as sad as it seems) feel confusion regarding remakes. Perhaps it is me being Norwegian and not really speaking English that much/well. =P To instead of asking the general question again and rather referring to my exact situation: My videogame remakes I did make all from scratch with Fruity Loops, no midi rips or anything (I do not even know where to find these midis). I listened to the original tunes by ear really carefully and built everything from the ground note-by-note. I assumed this was allowed since there seem to be many other remakes of old videogame tunes in the Audio Portal. ^^ It still sounds very identical though, although I still gave my own touch to it. I also added drums and various misc. instruments as well, as a gameboy tune is, well, more or less only one instrument. It is still allowed though? I made it from scratch by just listening to the original gameboy tune carefully. ^^

Also, great job to the Audio Moderators, really. I never would have imagined there are that many songs to approve, and that you often also have to verify them and talk to other moderators when uncertain. Big job, so keep it up. =3

Heya! Do you wonder what it sounds like to be on a wild sugar rush? Click here if you dare! =3

Go to the Review Request Club for amazing reviews of your work!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-24 15:33:01

At 1/24/10 03:52 AM, Radidsh wrote: my exact situation

It depends. If you made this song and it sounds VERY identical to the original, then there would be a problem. A remix is just that a REmix. You MUST have changed the song so it doesn't sound so much like original so that it sounds like a remake. There's a thin line between the two, just be careful not to cross it.

Big job, so keep it up. =3

Thanks man :D Not a lot of people realize how much time and effort goes into approving ONE submission. That's why it takes so long.

At 1/24/10 07:57 AM, Elsid wrote: This process makes me sad.

Sorry bud. The process is slow, but it works. It takes time for us, so just be patient.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-24 19:31:21

At 1/24/10 03:33 PM, TMM43 wrote:
At 1/24/10 03:52 AM, Radidsh wrote: my exact situation
It depends. If you made this song and it sounds VERY identical to the original, then there would be a problem. A remix is just that a REmix. You MUST have changed the song so it doesn't sound so much like original so that it sounds like a remake. There's a thin line between the two, just be careful not to cross it.

Hmm, I see. It does sound a little identical, but I did not change all that much to the already-existing melody in order to keep the original and nostalgic feel, though I did add various other instruments that I "made up myself". ^^

I suppose we will have to wait and see then. I will probably check back (a week or two?) and check if it was approved or if I crossed the line. Thanks for the help so far, good luck to you moderators and to the rest of the artists awaiting approval! ;)

Heya! Do you wonder what it sounds like to be on a wild sugar rush? Click here if you dare! =3

Go to the Review Request Club for amazing reviews of your work!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-25 12:37:05

Thanks for the information

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-29 13:20:43

@ any audio mod

- Just wondering how many submissions are under moderation at this point, if that's okay to ask?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-01-30 06:37:45

We've been waiting for almost 10 days now and no validation. I know it can take longer, but we'd like to know if we've been banned or still under validation only. We'd submit a new song to check if we're banned or not, but I think if we do that and we're not banned, the validation will take longer since you'll have to validate the other one too. So, yeah, not to be an ass or anything, but if you could tell us if we've been banned or not (we shouldn't be banned since we have the .flp file to prove it, we used only East/West which we legally bought, and as far as I know we didn't steal any melodies, or if any melodies sound a bit like something you've heard before, it's completely unintentional), then we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks, and sorry for being impatient, it's just that the validation on our main accounts (Darklight17 and Supersteph54) only took like 3 days, and I've seen that usually songs that haven't been validated for over a week or close to 2 weeks would've been banned.

I'm an ass, I know :(.