• 1,277 Replies
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 07:27 AM

At 6/2/11 05:14 PM, StevenWellson wrote: If you can, can you approve me as soon as possible? Thank you.

We've just checked out your submission and we're looking into it. Give us some time.

At 6/4/11 05:42 AM, djplex wrote: Could you please approve my submission?

It's called "For a Ride" and I also submitted something else, but I forgot what it's called. Thanks!

I'm sorry, you've been banned. I wasn't the guy who banned you but I think it's because you made the song out of the premade loops which come with Garageband. This is against the rules because it isn't your original work - for it to be your original work you must make it all yourself, none by note and rhythm by rhythm. Arranging audio tracks which other people made won't be accepted in the Audio Portal I'm afraid.

If you want to continue submitting music to NG you'll have to make a new account and submit music which doesn't break the rules. Then if you want you can PM me and I'll instantly approve you so you won't have to go through the whole approval process all over again.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
TehVoice
TehVoice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 10:57 AM

Thanks for approving my crappy voice demo(s)!

djplex
djplex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 01:45 PM

At 6/4/11 07:27 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 6/2/11 05:14 PM, StevenWellson wrote: If you can, can you approve me as soon as possible? Thank you.
We've just checked out your submission and we're looking into it. Give us some time.

At 6/4/11 05:42 AM, djplex wrote: Could you please approve my submission?

It's called "For a Ride" and I also submitted something else, but I forgot what it's called. Thanks!
I'm sorry, you've been banned. I wasn't the guy who banned you but I think it's because you made the song out of the premade loops which come with Garageband. This is against the rules because it isn't your original work - for it to be your original work you must make it all yourself, none by note and rhythm by rhythm. Arranging audio tracks which other people made won't be accepted in the Audio Portal I'm afraid.

If you want to continue submitting music to NG you'll have to make a new account and submit music which doesn't break the rules. Then if you want you can PM me and I'll instantly approve you so you won't have to go through the whole approval process all over again.

Apple's terms of use state that making music with their loops is OK with them. They've even made an upload to iTunes button for users to upload to iTunes for crying out loud. All of the information can be found here!

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 4th, 2011 @ 02:11 PM

At 6/4/11 01:45 PM, djplex wrote: Apple's terms of use state that making music with their loops is OK with them. They've even made an upload to iTunes button for users to upload to iTunes for crying out loud. All of the information can be found here!

This doesn't have to do with that though.

The first rule on the submission page is: You are making the legal claim that it is your own original work.

Arranging premade loops together isn't your own original work.

BBS Signature
StevenWellson
StevenWellson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 11:30 AM

How is it going so far?

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 12:43 PM

At 6/5/11 11:30 AM, StevenWellson wrote: How is it going so far?

You've been approved. I've PM'd you about it too.

BBS Signature
xFearMe
xFearMe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 07:16 PM

Care to approve me too? songs called Liquid WIP WIP WIP WIP.. or something like that xD

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 07:26 PM

At 6/5/11 07:16 PM, xFearMe wrote: Care to approve me too? songs called Liquid WIP WIP WIP WIP.. or something like that xD

Approved. You're welcome :3.

BBS Signature
xFearMe
xFearMe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 5th, 2011 @ 07:27 PM

At 6/5/11 07:26 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 6/5/11 07:16 PM, xFearMe wrote: Care to approve me too? songs called Liquid WIP WIP WIP WIP.. or something like that xD
Approved. You're welcome :3.

Holy crap.. that was crazy quick.. it was like.. within 5 mins of me putting up that song xD thanks so much :D

ToRevolveOnce
ToRevolveOnce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 11th, 2011 @ 03:10 PM

I'd appreciate it if a moderator could take the time to approve my entry called, "Get Up And Finish Your Mission!"

I feel bad for asking since it's only been a couple of days or so. Thanks a lot. :]

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 12th, 2011 @ 04:23 AM

At 6/11/11 03:10 PM, ToRevolveOnce wrote: I'd appreciate it if a moderator could take the time to approve my entry called, "Get Up And Finish Your Mission!"

I feel bad for asking since it's only been a couple of days or so. Thanks a lot. :]

Don't worry about it. I'm instantly approving whoever posts in this thread (provided they don't break the rules obviously) because if you post in here then I know that you care about getting approved unlike the many people who just dump their song on NG and forget all about it.

Anyways, approved! :D

BBS Signature
ToRevolveOnce
ToRevolveOnce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 12th, 2011 @ 05:26 PM

Thanks so much. :]

AbsenceofFear
AbsenceofFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 15th, 2011 @ 06:24 PM

Hello, we are waiting approval for our song "Vengeance is our Religion" Thanks!

-AOF

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 15th, 2011 @ 06:39 PM

At 6/15/11 06:24 PM, AbsenceofFear wrote: Hello, we are waiting approval for our song "Vengeance is our Religion" Thanks!

-AOF

Good thing not every first submitted immediately posts here when they've submitted, as that's kinda not the point of this thread. It's actually meant to inform you why it might be taking long (which it completely doesn't, at the moment), not to beg for being approved earlier. :p

Also you're approved.

AbsenceofFear
AbsenceofFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 15th, 2011 @ 06:44 PM

Oh ok well thanks for the approval man you rock!!!!!

BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 01:58 AM

I made an account for my brother around a month ago and submitted a song. The beat is from Newgrounds and we recorded the vocals. Has anyone had a chance to look at it yet? His username is ADEF. Thanks!

http://adef.newgrounds.com/

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 02:21 AM

At 6/20/11 01:58 AM, BigRed wrote: I made an account for my brother around a month ago and submitted a song. The beat is from Newgrounds and we recorded the vocals. Has anyone had a chance to look at it yet? His username is ADEF. Thanks!

I just checked, it appears he's been banned. I wasn't the one that did it, but I'd wager the lack of information in the author comments was the reason. Simply putting "Beat by DJ-Delinquent" and nothing else probably gave the mod reason to believe he was admitting to just uploading someone elses song (I.E. Stealing).

Just as a note... the Author Comments are there for a reason, when someone includes a detailed description of the track as opposed to "lulz song", your chance of approval shoots up dramatically. And I've been noticing there have been A LOT of extremely useless author comments from people looking for approval lately.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

At 6/20/11 02:21 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/20/11 01:58 AM, BigRed wrote: I made an account for my brother around a month ago and submitted a song. The beat is from Newgrounds and we recorded the vocals. Has anyone had a chance to look at it yet? His username is ADEF. Thanks!

I just checked, it appears he's been banned. I wasn't the one that did it, but I'd wager the lack of information in the author comments was the reason. Simply putting "Beat by DJ-Delinquent" and nothing else probably gave the mod reason to believe he was admitting to just uploading someone elses song (I.E. Stealing).

Just as a note... the Author Comments are there for a reason, when someone includes a detailed description of the track as opposed to "lulz song", your chance of approval shoots up dramatically. And I've been noticing there have been A LOT of extremely useless author comments from people looking for approval lately.

Can that be undone or is that username wasted? This is the nature of hip hop collaboration; producers make beats and MC's rap over them. DJ-Delinquent is a Newgrounds producer and that is a song off of his page.

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 10:05 PM

By the way, I recorded and mixed all of his vocals myself. Everything on top of DJ-Delinquent's track is our original work.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 10:14 PM

At 6/20/11 10:02 PM, BigRed wrote: Can that be undone or is that username wasted? This is the nature of hip hop collaboration; producers make beats and MC's rap over them. DJ-Delinquent is a Newgrounds producer and that is a song off of his page.

Bans are permanent, so you'll have to create a new account and try again. And I would suggest that if you do just that... Include more information next time. If you used someone elses song to rap over, give them credit for the song AND include details of who rapped over it... I.E. Make sure it's known that it is a collaboration, not just you uploading someone elses song.

Also... I'd just like to make something else clear, the mods frown upon people making accounts for other people. That is to say, if the account is intended for your brother, have him make it and upload the stuff. All too often we get people saying, "So-and-so gave me permission to upload their stuff." And more often than not, this is untrue, and they're just using the excuse as a way to gain popularity from someone elses work.

True or not in your case, I would still advise having the account be handled by the person in question, as opposed to being created and handled by proxy (I.E. You).
If your brother is unwilling to create an account himself, why not upload the song on your own profile? If it's a collaborative effort involving both of you, I see no reason why you can't do that.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
BigRed
BigRed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 10:25 PM

I created the account with him after telling him about Newgrounds. I don't have the password to his account.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 20th, 2011 @ 10:27 PM

At 6/20/11 10:25 PM, BigRed wrote: I created the account with him after telling him about Newgrounds. I don't have the password to his account.

In that case, check your PMs, the information I sent there might be more along the lines of what he could do if he really wants to keep that account name.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 21st, 2011 @ 03:34 AM

At 6/20/11 10:27 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 6/20/11 10:25 PM, BigRed wrote: I created the account with him after telling him about Newgrounds. I don't have the password to his account.
In that case, check your PMs, the information I sent there might be more along the lines of what he could do if he really wants to keep that account name.

Yeah, sorry for the inconvenience. I checked out the track and you really needed to put more information in the Author's Comments. We usually don't ban people who don't put enough info, but you won't believe how many well-produced hip-hop songs we get with literally no information at all to indicate who made it, so I wouldn't be surprised if the mod in question got tired of researching about so many well-made hip-hop songs, and just banned.

BBS Signature
Jase534
Jase534
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2011 @ 04:20 PM

Hey guys, I just submitted my remix of a Final Fantasy 7 track. I'm rather new to the forums, so I apologize if I'm not supposed to post here asking for approval =O, although I assure it is indeed my work!

Timohi
Timohi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 1st, 2011 @ 09:54 AM

Hi guys

It's band "Timohi" here.
I know that are many people submitting music and it might be difficult to moderate such big ammount of stuf, but we would really appreciate if our track gets approved.
We plan to make a remix contest for one of our songs and it would be fun to involve the Newgrounds audio community :)

What we uploaded is one of our first tracks, recorded quite well, mixed and mastered in a good studio. Track got on radio and tv, so don't think it's stolen because it's good quality. We will release an album this summer.

RedHydrex
RedHydrex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 4th, 2011 @ 05:31 PM

I know I just submitted, but I would really appreciate an early approval because the song I submitted is a WIP of my Robot Day Submission. I hopefully would be approved before the 10th, but It would be awesome if I was approved soon so I could get some advice. I used to be seargenthippo. I submitted about 30 songs to the AP. I decided to change accounts.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 4th, 2011 @ 06:00 PM

At 7/4/11 05:31 PM, RedHydrex wrote: I used to be seargenthippo. I submitted about 30 songs to the AP. I decided to change accounts.

Approved.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
RedHydrex
RedHydrex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 4th, 2011 @ 06:02 PM

Thank You! :)

AustinHayes
AustinHayes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 5th, 2011 @ 06:48 AM

please approve my song as soon as you can! it titled: Daybreak. (with the period) thanks!

^Austin^

1200M
1200M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 17th, 2011 @ 02:03 PM

I would be extremely grateful if you could check my submission as soon as possible