00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sdrogotime99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,346 Views | 1,235 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-24 12:07:52

At 2/24/10 11:32 AM, Shoephly wrote: you get a confirmation email sent to you once you upload, which is a way to check if you did it right.
as for submitting lady gaga remixes it would be against the ToS if too much was taken without any actual originality, and I guessing that was a joke :D

But of course :D
I'd sooner saw my own bollocks off than pass off a Gaga tune as one of my own (sorry, the ranting ends here).

I did get that email, but thought it was best to check if everyone else was being held up with approvals atm. Lucky me!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-24 15:02:30

Thank you for your replies, people. I've decided to never try to upload anything to Newgrounds again. I'm sorry, but if the policy goes like "you have to make another account", then I'm not even going to try. I never upoaded ANY illegal content, ever, and never ever will!

I know, I know. It was just a human error. Or something. But I don't really care anymore.

Moderators do have a tough job trying to check every single piece uploaded to the site, but from what I hear I am not the only one who's gotte this kind of a fate with the Portal. I used to be a good NG member, and this is how I get paid off. No biggie, though...

I just want others not to have the same, annyiong situation in which you have to completely dump your precious account you've had for years, just because a moderator pressed the "ban random user" -button a couple of too many times.

Me rageing here is of no use, so I'll end my post here. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'm just disappointed at Newgrounds. I'll just post my stuff somewhere else.

Peace! %u266A%u266B

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-25 13:18:04

At 2/25/10 12:29 AM, mobiusmuse wrote: This is going to be a very odd question I fear...

I'm fairly sure that I submitted my audio content under the wrong genre, but I cannot yet fix this because I am still awaiting approval. In all honesty, I was so glad I managed to upload (8th try the charm to convert to a "valid mp3 file") that I more or less skipped over that portion, or clicked in a random place in that drop-down to see if my eyes weren't deceiving me and that my audio had been uploaded. Could a mod, out of sheer annoyance at my genre-cotomy deficiency ban me, or would this just be a minor stumbling block in the submission process?

As far as I know there is no difference if you send in fifty songs for submission so having the wrong genre son't affect anything, I believe only the first is assessed (might be wrong). But don't worry about the genre, it is easily changed once the song get's approved, but as of now (preapproved) there is nothing you can do about it, but don't break a sweat about it :D

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-26 18:25:34

I wish I would've found this sooner, 'cause now I know that uploading two other songs while waiting to be aprroved was a stupid idea. -_-

I'm kind of anxious and the 11 day wait so far is killing me, but I'm patient. Most of the time. XD

(The times when I'm not patient is when there is food involved. :D)

At least it's given me time to improve on my skills of FL Studio 9. Although I'm having troubles making a song that sounds better than my submitted songs. >_<

I really hope I don't get banned for some random reason though. All three of those songs were made with lots of time and energy. I even got in crap for ignoring my chores because of it. Creating guitar riffs is getting really hard nowadays. Eventually it's going to be impossible to say "Hey that's the riff from [insert song here] by [insert band here]!" :(

I rarely use full sentences. I'm in low English for a reason, y'know. Although the fact that I'm a grammar nazi is kind of ironic, I have better grammar than some of my friends who are in high English.

Well, enough random crap about my life (although I'm sure your very interested :P), now to go get some food.

Pomiranian dogs remind me of footballs... They're both so puntable! heheheh ^_^

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-02-27 15:03:45

I've been waiting for a month now. Hopefully I'm one of the 100! :D

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-06 05:30:04

At 2/27/10 03:03 PM, smi1ey wrote: I've been waiting for a month now. Hopefully I'm one of the 100! :D

I've been waiting for 4 weeks now too

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-09 02:34:33

Hey, guys, I've been waiting for 15 days, I just wanted to know If I was banned :/
If so, I'd seriously like to know why.
If not, I'm not here to rush you, guys, I know you have a lot of submissions to check.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-09 03:19:08

So if i've been waiting about a week. I can expect to wait another 2 or 3 weeks because you guys are so backed up?

Not complaining or anything. Just wanna get an idea of how bad it is.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-10 20:56:59

i've been waiting about a week or 2, and still nothing.

i dont think my song violated any rules. it was a tribute to Evil-Dog, and had several of his songs in it.
just to clarify, i did check with Evil-Dog before making the song.

SCAMRON HAS RETURNED

| My Page | Website |

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-10 23:52:09

everyone chill out. it takes 2-3 weeks to get approved. If you keep track and you're past a month before you're approved, THEN, by all means, start asking questions

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-12 01:51:05

i submited a song about a month ago, i was wonteding why it hasnt been confirmed yet. who would i contact?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-12 22:12:47

Still has not been approved.

Sorry about the thread.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-12 22:40:13

At 3/12/10 10:12 PM, RLC wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 17901
Still has not been approved.

Sorry about the thread.

"checks it" doesn't really mean, go whine about your impatience elsewhere. If you'd have skimmed through the last page or 2, you'd have noticed that the mods are backed up quite a bit, so just posting ANOTHER song that's pending approval isn't going to make it any faster, it'll just clutter up the thread even MORE.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-12 23:00:31

At 3/12/10 10:40 PM, Mich wrote: "checks it" doesn't really mean, go whine about your impatience elsewhere. If you'd have skimmed through the last page or 2, you'd have noticed that the mods are backed up quite a bit, so just posting ANOTHER song that's pending approval isn't going to make it any faster, it'll just clutter up the thread even MORE.

And you making a pointless post like that ^ has cluttered up the thread even more and hasn't helped anyone. If posting songs and artists who haven't yet been approved yet doesn't make it any faster then this thread has no purpose apart from perhaps reducing the amount of 'My song hasn't shown up' threads.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-13 06:03:52

At 3/12/10 11:00 PM, RLC wrote: And you making a pointless post like that ^ has cluttered up the thread even more and hasn't helped anyone. If posting songs and artists who haven't yet been approved yet doesn't make it any faster then this thread has no purpose apart from perhaps reducing the amount of 'My song hasn't shown up' threads.

My post might remind a couple of people that the purpose of this thread is not creating a second list with songs awaiting approval. That way the thread might get less cluttered up for a while, if people would actually read that is. So in one way, you're reight, my post did 'clutter up' the thread more, and is rather useless, but not really for the reason you specified. The reason my post would be useless would be that people don't read what's been posted.

And as for the purpose of this thread - the original purpose was to inform people about the approval process, and answer any additional questions users might have - not show the moderators what's still awaiting approval, as frankly - they already have a list and don't need an unordered additional one from people who just can't wait for their turn.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-13 13:23:52

I have been waiting since February 15th now and I still have the email to prove it. Can somebody help me out?

Here is the link to the submission:

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-13 14:21:38

At 3/13/10 01:23 PM, PhyroDragon wrote: I have been waiting since February 15th now and I still have the email to prove it. Can somebody help me out?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 11991

If you waited that long and you're sure it doesn't break any rules, then the mods must be taking pretty long.

NG needs more audio mods :C.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-13 14:45:22

I'm sure plenty of us appreciate when the audio mods do for us. They take time out of their personal lives to sift through our submissions. But with it being so backed up and all, I think some people feel there should be a better way.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-13 14:56:17

At 3/13/10 01:23 PM, PhyroDragon wrote: I have been waiting since February 15th now and I still have the email to prove it. Can somebody help me out?

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 11991

See what I mean by this down here?

At 3/13/10 06:03 AM, Mich wrote: The reason my post would be useless would be that people don't read what's been posted.

Also... 730? That's ridiculous.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-13 15:37:28

At 3/13/10 02:45 PM, Dureagon wrote: I'm sure plenty of us appreciate when the audio mods do for us. They take time out of their personal lives to sift through our submissions.

Yeah, it takes a lot to have the patience to do that.

But with it being so backed up and all, I think some people feel there should be a better way.

I think that NG should have a few more audio mods, since the more mods there are, the less time it would take to check all of the submissions, and since the job of approving/banning would be spread out to more people, then the mods would have more free time to do other stuff such as ban and approve.

Is there any specific date as to when new audio mods are chosen or something? :S

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-13 21:45:25

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-16 00:35:19

At 3/13/10 02:35 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: Let me just point out that the pending list currently consist of about 730 users, many of which have submitted more than 1 song. Most of us do the modding when we're not pre-occupied with our private lives.

Things take time, and that's how it is. I can't do much more than apolgize for the long waiting times on my own behalf.

or w/e I'm tired so cut me and my english some slack

maybe i could be made an audio mod. i know im new. but i have a lot of time on my hands, and i love music...i will do a good job i promise

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-17 15:26:27

Okay, it has now officially been more than 3 weeks.
I have also tried emailing Newgrounds. Nothing.
This is starting to get exasperating.

x0

SCAMRON HAS RETURNED

| My Page | Website |

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-17 18:56:37

Cool, thanks for telling us man!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-20 17:23:30

Just an aside.

wouldn't it be more efficient if you just let everyone submit and then have a "Report" option so that everyone can be used to filter the possible "spam songs" and then the audio mods could delete those that are actual spam?

Seems like that would be about ten times faster then having audio mods check every single new artist.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-20 17:48:51

Not especially, because then you'd have another list of REPORTED songs for mods to go through and delete.

At least this way, the portal isnt clogged with as much spam and BS.

How do you become a portal mod? Not to plug my name in somewhere but it sounds like you need help, and I could help.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-20 18:28:30

Im sure less people submit spam then new users submit songs.

I'm in such a dilemma. I was really hoping to use this account for all my new music as I finally have my proper username...

I seriously don't want to wait months to submit my new song though.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-20 23:09:28

Guys the list has become so crazy it's makes me nuts.

Over 600+ new submissions within 3 months of 2010...and thats no counting the amount that have been processed already...

PLEASE be patient..

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-21 22:58:29

The whole system needs a revamp.

How often are there "spam songs"?

Would a "Report" option not be more efficient? Let everyone help out and keep people who aren't spamming and just want to share their work happy?

I know if I had to wait a few months to submit audio I'd most likely forget about it. I'm not saying the audio mods are doing a bad job (They're doing an awesome job) but they do need some sort of help.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-23 14:14:24

Do you get an email or another notification when your submission is approved?