00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Silverless just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,091 Views | 1,236 Replies

Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-05 08:09:38

- There are basicly two possible explanations why your audio is not in the Audio Portal;

#1 - Banned.
- You have broken the submission agreement (read also here and here for additional remix/cover info), and is now banned from submitting audio for a some time (the submission agreement are simplified on the audio submit page).

- When you attempt to submit audio after having been banned, you will get a message that says that you are banned.

#2 - Not yet validated.
- Since the redesign was launched in 2007, the amount of new artists/day have been increasing steadily (which is really cool). It is now not uncommon to have 30 new artists/day, and weekends can reach up to 150+ artists to approve.
It is true that in most cases it takes no more than 4 days to get your submitted audio throug the ears of an audio moderator and the validation process, but it CAN take longer. Especially if the song(s) are more difficult to know if they really is legit or not, in which case a second or even third opinion between the audio mods may be needed.

- These occations when it takes more than 4 days to get validated, often occur because several mods decides to do stuff in real life at the same time, and not being able to validate audio. Belive it or not, we too have those RealLife-thingies to attend to now and then.

All in all
- Please just have patience. Your time will come. If your song hasn't been validated for say well over a week (think two weeks), then it may be time to send an audio-moderator a PM and ask what's going on.

Wakka wakka

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-05 08:24:34

Thanks !

Thats REAL good infomation to know and its very usefull. I subited my yesterday and im waiting for approval. Now i know what to expect to wait exactly. Thanks alot dude !

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-05 08:29:42

At 2/5/08 08:24 AM, dtnfdt wrote: Thanks !

Thats REAL good infomation to know and its very usefull. I subited my yesterday and im waiting for approval. Now i know what to expect to wait exactly. Thanks alot dude !

yet somehow you managed to miss the fact that newgrounds audio portal is NOT an mp3 filesharing site... which mean, you're not allowed to submit songs by Blind Guardian...

Do read the links in my initial post.. :-/

Wakka wakka

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-10 11:47:37

This thread deserves a bump after the whole "Seven-Too-Five" fiasco.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-11 13:08:51

Crap, I didn't know this existed. On the list it goes!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-11 15:04:58

T h i s w a s u s exf u l t o m e , a s I h a v e n o t b e e n v a l i d a c i d y e t !

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-11 15:06:49

At 2/11/08 03:04 PM, TB-303 wrote: T h i s w a s u s exf u l t o m e , a s I h a v e n o t b e e n v a l i d a c i d y e t !

Wtf? Its good that this thread is useful, though!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-11 16:19:39

At 2/5/08 08:29 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 2/5/08 08:24 AM, dtnfdt wrote: Thanks !

yet somehow you managed to miss the fact that newgrounds audio portal is NOT an mp3 filesharing site... which mean, you're not allowed to submit songs by Blind Guardian...

Agreed. I'm also sick of those no0bs uploading "their" LinkinPark "remixes"...

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-19 15:48:11

I've been waiting for approval for about 2 to 3 months by now and I still don't have a single response or any audio able to be heard by others here. Patience you say...

Should I still believe ''It's a quick process'' as it was promised there?
Do I even know if there was an error while some process was trying to go on?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-19 15:59:47

And yea... It sure is legal and made by pure own hands from start to the damn end of the whole damn track.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-19 16:06:40

Ximonic, you're approved- you've been waiting less than a month though... 'bout 20 days. It's still way too much, and will be improved now that there's more of them audiomods

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-19 21:38:32

Would we immediately know that our submission was disapproved? I submitted mine about two weeks ago, no messages, no emails. In fact, I submitted two songs, one of which is most definitely made by my own hands.

I feel bad for all the people that have to go through this. People that have been waiting longer than I have.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-20 14:05:21

At 2/19/08 09:38 PM, PastryMan wrote: Would we immediately know that our submission was disapproved? I submitted mine about two weeks ago, no messages, no emails. In fact, I submitted two songs, one of which is most definitely made by my own hands.

I feel bad for all the people that have to go through this. People that have been waiting longer than I have.

"<Zelda> Astral Observatory"...Sounded like a direct midi-rip off, therefore you got banned. Keep in mind next time that YOU have to convince US moderators that you made a cover/tune yourself! The audio portal is for music you made yourself, not for music you LIKE.

Your ban will be lifted after the new mod tools are here. If you don't want to wait, create a new account and try again. Then, with your real stuff please.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-20 22:29:40

You guys definitely didn't work me over, I got approved in two days...somebody must have felt sorry for me, lawl.

I make music.

You can hear my newest track here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/657049

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-02-21 15:08:41

i got approved in a matter of hours.. i guess they took one listen and thought nobody would be dumb enough to steal that crap :)

please spamwangle responsibly.

here

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-03-27 19:06:54

Thanks Rucklo...I was beginning to wonder, but you cleared things up. I submitted my audio two days ago, but the wait is totally understandable. Thanks again for everything you do to keep the audio portal as good as it is and thanks for posting these guidelines!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-05-07 16:24:50

Thanks tons! :D And I hope mine goes through.. I spent alot of time on it :P I didnt rip it from someone :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-08-11 03:46:42

mann my audio still isnt submitted :/

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-08-11 03:52:50

At 8/11/08 03:46 AM, hya wrote: mann my audio still isnt submitted :/

How long ago did you submit?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-08-11 04:03:52

At 8/11/08 03:52 AM, DSMagnum wrote:
At 8/11/08 03:46 AM, hya wrote: mann my audio still isnt submitted :/
How long ago did you submit?

check the guys post history... (thread). he submitted yesterday´, and thinks the magic happens in one day ;)

he's approved.

Wakka wakka

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-08-11 04:13:12

yeah i know, i just thought it would be submitted by now.. i submitted 2 of them

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-08-11 05:17:48

At 8/11/08 04:13 AM, hya wrote: yeah i know, i just thought it would be submitted by now.. i submitted 2 of them

check your userpage, the songs are there. if you're awaiting the songs to enter the "new submissions" list, it won't, since they were submitted yesterday. pretty much no new artists get their songs in the "new submissions" list, since it usually takes a few days until they're validated.

Whatever you decide to submit next will be on the "new submissions" list on the AP frontpage though.

Wakka wakka

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-12 10:02:53

I submitted a track a few days ago, it sounds like it would have been a better idea for me to submit my worst beat ever so I could get a quick approval!!

I'm not saying what I submitted is any good, just that it sounds like some oldskool beat.. I hope you guys don't think I stole it....

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-12 17:15:28

a lot of complains but also a lot of useful information, I think this should be a "sticky"
as a side note, when I submitted my first ... submission (that sound weird), I got approved in 2 or 3 hours ... youth ... (wait, that was like 2 years ago)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-12 18:10:56

At 9/12/08 05:15 PM, sorohanro wrote: a lot of complains but also a lot of useful information, I think this should be a "sticky"
as a side note, when I submitted my first ... submission (that sound weird), I got approved in 2 or 3 hours ... youth ... (wait, that was like 2 years ago)

Well I tried about a year ago on a different account, waited for about 2 months then gave up.. it never accepted my beat.. this is the first time I'm trying since then and I hope I don't get messed around like last time!!

..and no it wasn't STOLEN

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-13 16:03:50

who decides if the beats submitted are stolen or not?
my brother made an account the other day and submitted four tunes,hes been makin beats for about 10 years now on propper software so nearly everything he makes sounds like its ripped of something,
it sounds to me like your saying if the songs submitted sound "too professionaly made" then they will be rejected......is that right?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-13 16:39:03

Okay so, I posted a song a couple of days ago and one today, should they be viewable by tuesday or what?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-13 17:42:58

At 9/13/08 04:03 PM, bark0d3 wrote: who decides if the beats submitted are stolen or not?
it sounds to me like your saying if the songs submitted sound "too professionaly made" then they will be rejected......is that right?

That's the impression I got.. I hope we get judged equally!!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-13 19:51:24

BUMP~

who decides if the beats submitted are stolen or not?
my brother made an account the other day and submitted four tunes,hes been makin beats for about 10 years now on propper software so nearly everything he makes sounds like its ripped of something,

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2008-09-13 20:34:29

At 2/10/08 11:47 AM, Nav wrote: This thread deserves a bump after the whole "Seven-Too-Five" fiasco.

Damn, I stil have some of "his songs" on my iPod, and i wish i knew who really made them because i feel like he gets credit he doesnt deserve every time I play one of those songs

BBS Signature