00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

141,599 Views | 1,236 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-03-27 14:44:47

Wait... so does your first submission ever show up in the portal, after it's approved? Or is it pretty much fated to never get a single listen?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-03-27 15:07:21

At 3/27/09 02:44 PM, Ditocoaf wrote: Wait... so does your first submission ever show up in the portal, after it's approved? Or is it pretty much fated to never get a single listen?

usually new artsts submissions won't get showcased in the "latest submissions" list, since it goes by order submitted there. and since it normally takes a few days to get validated, your spot at that list is long gone. all submissions after validations will show up however.

Wakka wakka

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-03-27 15:12:11

So then it's a bad idea to submit other stuff while you're waiting for approval... like I did. Oh well...

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-03-28 06:25:24

why am i banned? i swear i read the rules and didnt steal anything!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-05 17:05:08

Just found this through another thread, thought it deserved a bump. Really useful information for new users, such as myself.

Thanks a lot for the info; hopefully I can get approved soon. xD

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-09 02:33:30

Dang. I submitted one of my best ones first, and it's been awaiting approval for a little over a week... I think. If I knew I would have to wait, I'da put my older song up.

Dark night! There is no light! In the realm of the black magic man.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-15 23:21:23

Wow, thanks for the info, I submitted my first audio some hours ago, and I didn't knew how long it would take to be approved. A comment on my page sent me this link. Well, Patience, patience :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-16 11:20:28

hi, I submitted an mp3 like A week ago, it still says under my account that I still haven't even made any audio submissions; what's up? When will it be approved?

Thanks guys.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-16 11:51:57

At 4/16/09 11:20 AM, ElectricMaster wrote: hi, I submitted an mp3 like A week ago, it still says under my account that I still haven't even made any audio submissions; what's up? When will it be approved?

Thanks guys.

You got banned because you uploaded copyrighted material. Just FYI, uploading a copyrighted song and altering the pitch, speed etc. can not be called a remix...

You remain banned till the new audio mod system is implemented. Alternative, you can create a new account, upload material that YOU created YOURSELF and try again. A usage of copyrighted material is not allowed on the audio portal.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-16 12:08:10

I'm glad I managed to find this thread. I've been waiting for a day and a half now, and now I'm still waiting. I'm not upset or anything; I'm just hoping that I didn't get banned or something, because I'm looking forward to brushing up on my FL skills.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-16 13:01:50

At 4/16/09 12:08 PM, Aviation wrote: I'm glad I managed to find this thread. I've been waiting for a day and a half now, and now I'm still waiting.

You're approved now. Have fun and knock yourself out! Welcome to da portal!

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-16 16:48:16

At 4/16/09 01:01 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote:
At 4/16/09 12:08 PM, Aviation wrote: I'm glad I managed to find this thread. I've been waiting for a day and a half now, and now I'm still waiting.
You're approved now. Have fun and knock yourself out! Welcome to da portal!

Awesome! Somebody oughta sticky this thread.

Oh, and if anyone's interested, this is what I made:

Wrapped in Black

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-16 19:14:03

At 4/16/09 11:51 AM, DarKsidE555 wrote:
At 4/16/09 11:20 AM, ElectricMaster wrote: hi, I submitted an mp3 like A week ago, it still says under my account that I still haven't even made any audio submissions; what's up? When will it be approved?

Thanks guys.
You got banned because you uploaded copyrighted material. Just FYI, uploading a copyrighted song and altering the pitch, speed etc. can not be called a remix...

Oh Alright.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Next time I will just use my own content - Great site btw!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-16 20:00:38

So if I'm not mistaken, and please don't kick my ass if I am, the submissions you make/do (don't quite know the right verb for it) after your first one don't have to go through such a long proces? Or is it for every song the same? Just wondering.

I dare you, I doubledare you to click this image.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-17 00:57:56

At 4/16/09 08:00 PM, TheSandyman wrote: So if I'm not mistaken, and please don't kick my ass if I am, the submissions you make/do (don't quite know the right verb for it) after your first one don't have to go through such a long proces? Or is it for every song the same? Just wondering.

After your first one gets passed, your others automatically show up. I think there is a limit of 2 per day though. And make sure they all keep to teh rulez or DarKsidE will bust your ballZ

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-17 07:35:05

No worries, every song I'll submit, has been/will be written by myself and played by my band. Love the sig by the way.

I dare you, I doubledare you to click this image.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-19 03:51:48

I submitted my song yesterday for approval but have not seen anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-19 16:54:04

Thanks for making this thread, Rucklo!

I couldn't find anywhere else on NG any mention the approximate amount of time that it would takefor new submissions to the Audio Portal to be approved.

I'll work on new music while I wait. :)

Take care,
Adam Pearson

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-20 09:24:46

At 4/19/09 03:51 AM, Tominater12 wrote: I submitted my song yesterday for approval but have not seen anything.

The ability to read can often be an advantage in your life...Sometimes I just wanna...ah forget it.

You're approved now. Consider yourself lucky that you only had to wait ONE fucking day. Others wait up to 2 weeks if not more.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-21 14:05:23

that would have been as awesome as it is now, to have known it when I posted.
anyway, thanks!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-21 15:52:38

Thanks for this thread guys, lots of good info in here. I only wish I found it sooner. I didn't realize my first submission wouldn't be on the "recent" list. Is this the same for the flash and game portals as well?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-21 15:55:38

My bad, what I meant was, when i submit my first animation/game, will it need to be approved and not be in the recent list, or will it be in the recent list because i've already submitted audio? Thanks again to everyone in this thread!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-21 17:14:42

Hey, just a quick question. Will there be some sort of e-mail notification once I do get validated and the song is posted? From what I've been seeing here, people have been banned without realizing it.

I haven't been waiting long at all (about a day) but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't checking my inbox for nothing.

Thanks a bunch mods, great work you guys are doing.

-Courtjester140

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-21 17:27:10

At 4/21/09 05:14 PM, CourtJester140 wrote: Hey, just a quick question. Will there be some sort of e-mail notification once I do get validated and the song is posted? From what I've been seeing here, people have been banned without realizing it.

No, there's no notification. You're better off checking your profile rather than your e-mail.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-21 17:59:58

At 4/21/09 05:14 PM, CourtJester140 wrote: Hey, just a quick question. Will there be some sort of e-mail notification once I do get validated and the song is posted?

You were banned. As far as I can tell because you just used some FL preset loops.

"I threw a few melodies together with a simple beat quickly..."

Not really original and not really a "good to go" for the Audio Portal, since the AP is meant for music that was created by you and not just some faggy loop fest.

Well, you have two options now...You remain banned till the new audio mod system is implemented. After that, your ban will be lifted...Alternative, you can create a new account, upload material that YOU created YOURSELF and try again.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-21 18:21:50

I didn't use a single loop in that, it was all original content.

I have the .flv file to prove it if you have the time to take proof that it is all original content.

Does this happen frequently, where people will get banned when they shouldn't have? And if so, is there some sort of process to go through to amend the situation?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-24 09:12:52

If I'd known back then (just yesterday, but still) that none of my submissions would appear in the "New Submissions" section if I, as I did, submitted them before my first submission was approved, I might have done things slightly differently... Anyways, great thread. "it's a quick process" couldn't possibly have given me a more wrong impression and cost me some sleep last night constantly refreshing my profile page.

Sooo, my sympathy and understanding goes to the audio mods. You really have quite a tiresome job. Take your time :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-24 11:50:44

When is there going to be a system notifying people when and why they were banned? I thought I heard something about it.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-30 07:39:40

blimp or blump ?

I see not-yet-approved people making new threads and news posts, so I guess this needed a bizump.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2009-04-30 16:16:18

Hi, I submitted my song about two weeks ago, maybe a little less, and it still hasn't been aproved. If this is because is sounds fairly close to the original, then I assure you it's legitamately mine. I used reaper and put it together by ear. After I had pretty much copied it, I tried to improve it's instrumental combinations a bit. It's mine. thank you.