00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

142,349 Views | 1,235 Replies

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-23 14:38:43

At 3/23/10 02:14 PM, Ludere wrote: Do you get an email or another notification when your submission is approved?

Nope. The only way to know if your submission gets approved is to constantly check.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-26 02:26:28

i have been waiting since Feb, 15 as well. i am not whining or complaining but i was wondering if a song could just never get approved? i mean if the list is so backed up wouldn't it seem possible that some songs might just disappear into nothingness so the mods could eventually catch up with the list? just curious.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-26 07:38:09

At 3/21/10 10:58 PM, dj-patm wrote: The whole system needs a revamp.

How often are there "spam songs"?

More than you would think (judging from what I've heard from the mods. Mostly it's just people uploading linkin park songs or so, or song which only use premade loops.

Would a "Report" option not be more efficient? Let everyone help out and keep people who aren't spamming and just want to share their work happy?

Well there is the audio portal cleaup thread where you can report rule-breaking submissions. Granted, a report button might be far more efficient, but that stuff goes here.

I know if I had to wait a few months to submit audio I'd most likely forget about it. I'm not saying the audio mods are doing a bad job (They're doing an awesome job) but they do need some sort of help.

What I heard is they need a better system to work with, but I can't judge that myself.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-26 18:52:35

At 3/26/10 02:26 AM, BlankSpork wrote: i have been waiting since Feb, 15 as well. i am not whining or complaining but i was wondering if a song could just never get approved? i mean if the list is so backed up wouldn't it seem possible that some songs might just disappear into nothingness so the mods could eventually catch up with the list? just curious.

I think they go oldest first.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-27 03:05:10

Lol wellm i just made my first submission,,,,i hope it gets app. quick,m lol, and hoping its not a subject to the banhammer!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-27 03:12:50

EDit: heres the link to that http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 21179

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-27 05:20:18

It took me three months to get approved.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-28 00:10:22

speaking of approval......

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-29 16:19:40

guys, cut the mods a fucking break. They are almost a 1000 submissions behind, you think they are looking forward to that?!?! I really suggest that you get more audio mods, to help lessen the load.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-29 18:22:39

At 3/29/10 02:34 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: This is equally (i dare say EVEN MORE) frustrating for the mods, than the users on the pending list.

I think it's FAR more frustrating for the mods (those who give a fuck that is) than for the users on the pending list.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-29 20:10:44

Dear users,
Please stop;
-Submitting your favorite j-rock/J-pop song.
-Submitting Punk-o-Matic songs you 'made'.
-Submitting Midi rips.
-Submitting your favorite Linkin Park song.
-Submitting garage band loops.
-Submitting Acid loops.
-Submitting Mix Craft Loops.
-Submitting FL Demo Project Files.
-Submitting Copy-righted material.
-Submitting your brother's sister's mother's father's brother's uncle's music.
-Writing TERRIBLE author comments with LITTLE to NO information.
-Writing LITTLE to NO information where your samples came from.

Thanks.

and anything else I missed that you know is NOT acceptable

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 07:21:30

4 days you say? Sorry, but in my case, that's 1000% Bullshit! It's been around a month that I posted 2,
3 more songs last week, the first two still haven't been approved! Doesn't take that long to listen all fiv together, what... 10 mins of music?I've lost my patience, this waiting time is abnormal, so say those I asked before, and it'd be strange to wait another month, also annoying and irritating.
Mods, go for it!
Respect, Andy J.

If you don't like something, just don't comment.. If you do, try to be nice.

Andy J. Is back in the house! Got me a full version of MAGIX :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 07:24:11

At 3/29/10 04:19 PM, zami1 wrote: I really suggest that you get more audio mods, to help lessen the load.

Exactly, I'd even LOVE to be an audio mod, cause I love music alot, I wouldn't mind even if I had to do 792 submissions a damn day. I approve this post, zami1
Respect, Andy J.

If you don't like something, just don't comment.. If you do, try to be nice.

Andy J. Is back in the house! Got me a full version of MAGIX :)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 07:41:14

At 3/29/10 08:10 PM, Mrmilkcarton wrote: Dear users,

This needs to pop up in massive bold letters whenever you try to submit a song.

Also maybe record it in speech form for the dummies that can't RTFM.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 08:28:03

At 3/30/10 07:41 AM, jarrydn wrote:
This needs to pop up in massive bold letters whenever you try to submit a song.

Also maybe record it in speech form for the dummies that can't RTFM.

They should make a system which automatically scans waveforms of songs you submitted and checks if they're from Linkin Park or not xD.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 09:02:53

At 3/30/10 07:21 AM, Brenden86 wrote: 4 days you say? Sorry, but in my case, that's 1000% Bullshit! It's been around a month that I posted 2,
3 more songs last week, the first two still haven't been approved!

Open your eyes. Read text. Read the last couple of pages of this topic. PLEASE. READ! You're not the only one that needs to be checked.

It's been mentioned a bazillion times that the list is damn huge at the moment. (>900) SO BE PATIENT.

I hate how so many people are just so damn lazy that they can't just put some effort in reading. It's not fucking hard.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 14:39:17

don't worry, when all else fails YOUTUBE

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 18:13:24

Months? Oh god. And I thought a week was long.

So how many mods are (dis)approving these thousand songs?

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 21:36:14

Aha... Yeah... I know i'm not the only one, but I've been waiting a month and a half now... I even sent the audio mod a private message and still no reply.. lawl this kinda sux <>,..,<>RAWR

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 21:45:04

At 3/29/10 06:22 PM, Mich wrote:
At 3/29/10 02:34 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: This is equally (i dare say EVEN MORE) frustrating for the mods, than the users on the pending list.
I think it's FAR more frustrating for the mods (those who give a fuck that is) than for the users on the pending list.

Come to think of it, you're right; they have lives too.. sorta. I can imagine that having a good 1000 people raving impatiently with their bullox in a knot can't be a whole lot of fun. We should totally have a "Audio Moderators make my life 7 times over day"! ... maybe...<>,..,<>RAWR

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-03-30 22:43:54

At 3/30/10 06:13 PM, SirXemic wrote: Months? Oh god. And I thought a week was long.

So how many mods are (dis)approving these thousand songs?

http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq/

Site Moderators.

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-04 00:09:52

Please stop;
-Submitting FL Demo Project Files.
Thanks.

Songs put togther using FL Studio doesnt fall under that category does it?

otherwise i know im fucked now

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-04 00:50:55

Gravitational Pull

Just curious why the song I submitted almost a month ago has not been accepted?

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-05 04:23:39

I submitted my song on the 30th of April and it's still not here.. what's wrong? everything was made by me(/us)

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-05 04:26:55

At 4/5/10 04:23 AM, OldskoolBreakerz wrote: I submitted my song on the 30th of April and it's still not here.. what's wrong? everything was made by me(/us)

sorry, I mean 30th of March

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-05 05:05:21

At 4/5/10 04:23 AM, OldskoolBreakerz wrote: I submitted my song on the 30th of March and it's still not here.. what's wrong? everything was made by me(/us)

Unfortunately, the mods are extremely busy now and last I heard there are around 900 submissions waiting to be approved. Don't be surprised if your submission takes over a month or even more to be approved, since the mods are so busy nowadays :(.

Still, if you didn't use any copyrighted samples, didn't make the song out of loops, didn't steal the song (obviously) and didn't grab a MIDI file and just change the instruments, then you should be alright and have nothing to worry about.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-07 11:14:52

so... I guess this is a useless message, but it's not forbidden to post crappy, fast, home-made failure songs?

You know, I have an account here on newgrounds where I post my "professional" music, but I also want a place to post my hyper-active songs, esspecially for my friends :D

(if somebody wants to know what my other account is, pm me :))

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-08 02:10:52

Aaaah i've been waiting so long for the tracks i've submitted to be accepted! Please Newgrounds! Please!!!

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-08 11:02:13

Can we start a new thread for new moderators? It is very obvious that we need more in order to keep up with the workflow.

BBS Signature

Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? 2010-04-08 11:07:18

At 4/8/10 11:02 AM, yours31f wrote: Can we start a new thread for new moderators? It is very obvious that we need more in order to keep up with the workflow.

The current moderators nominate and vote on who should be the next new moderator, normal users don't get to interfere with that. Plus I doubt more mods will help much, an improved system would be a better option.