Be a Supporter!

Awaiting Audio Approval?

  • 98,802 Views
  • 1,278 Replies
New Topic
Mattylightning
Mattylightning
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 10:33 AM

i've already tried contacting one and never got a resonse....


And My Bloody Pride Will Be Lost In Time....

FireSickle
FireSickle
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 10:55 AM

Makes sense.

Thank you for letting me know why I am just hanging. That seems like a pretty lame system to not have it notify the user that they are banned.

Thanks a lot new ground, class act :)
Thanks again khuskan, I have no desire to go through the higher power's to get unbanned, will my songs get deleted soon from the approval bin area?

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 11:25 AM

At 7/25/09 10:55 AM, FireSickle wrote: Thanks a lot new ground, class act :)
Thanks again khuskan, I have no desire to go through the higher power's to get unbanned, will my songs get deleted soon from the approval bin area?

Wow, huge props for taking it this way :-)

The tracks still technically exist on the NG audio portal, they are just not accessible by any non-mods. There is a planned set of mod tools that will give us more ability than simply banning/approving people on first submission coming along soon, however nobody can put a solid ETA on when they will arrive.

I'll make a note to myself of unbanning your account when they do come about, but if you still want to submit, you could always make another account - normally it's a bit dodgy to get around bans using alts, but since in this case it genuinely seems the ban doesn't belong I doubt anyone will take issue with it.

FireSickle
FireSickle
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 25th, 2009 @ 05:58 PM

Thanks again!

I am patient. I'd consider a new account, but I think that eventually I can be unbanned just by being active in the community. Does this only ban me from the Audio section? I learned action script for my job (software developer) and started a game, I'm hoping I can post it when it is done.

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 05:24 AM

At 7/25/09 05:58 PM, FireSickle wrote: Thanks again!

I am patient. I'd consider a new account, but I think that eventually I can be unbanned just by being active in the community. Does this only ban me from the Audio section? I learned action script for my job (software developer) and started a game, I'm hoping I can post it when it is done.

It's not possible to unban you until the new audio portal tools are out, unfortunately...

You should not be banned from submitting anything else though!

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 05:58 AM

At 7/24/09 12:45 PM, Mattylightning wrote: banned for what? 1 was an original and the other 4 were guitar covers.

I listened to the tracks you have (3 by the way).
Playing along with the original track is not a cover.

FireSickle
FireSickle
  • Member since: Jun. 24, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 12:18 PM

At 7/26/09 05:24 AM, Khuskan wrote: It's not possible to unban you until the new audio portal tools are out, unfortunately...

You should not be banned from submitting anything else though!

Excelent, Thanks again for the information. See ya around :)

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 12:22 PM

Hey guys my audio needs to get approved

SERIOUSLYCOMEON
Mattylightning
Mattylightning
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 05:38 PM

At 7/26/09 05:58 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 7/24/09 12:45 PM, Mattylightning wrote: banned for what? 1 was an original and the other 4 were guitar covers.
I listened to the tracks you have (3 by the way).
Playing along with the original track is not a cover.

well how do you expect me to get said covers up? i am no good at making backing tracks and my ONLY method of cover is by playing my guitar along with said tracks. and since when is it not a GUITAR cover? i even said they were guitar covers...this is so lame :(

whatever i have more original stuff coming in soon....lets hope that doesnt get banned for "assumingly" being someone elses material...and what happened to my song Two Faced? that was just a straight original from me on a guitar in drop c...


And My Bloody Pride Will Be Lost In Time....

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 05:41 PM

At 7/26/09 05:38 PM, Mattylightning wrote:
At 7/26/09 05:58 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 7/24/09 12:45 PM, Mattylightning wrote: banned for what? 1 was an original and the other 4 were guitar covers.
I listened to the tracks you have (3 by the way).
Playing along with the original track is not a cover.
well how do you expect me to get said covers up? i am no good at making backing tracks and my ONLY method of cover is by playing my guitar along with said tracks. and since when is it not a GUITAR cover? i even said they were guitar covers...this is so lame :(

whatever i have more original stuff coming in soon....lets hope that doesnt get banned for "assumingly" being someone elses material...and what happened to my song Two Faced? that was just a straight original from me on a guitar in drop c...

The problem is that the ORIGINAL track was playing in the background and thus is hearable in "your" song. If it was only you playing it, without the original in the background, there wouldn't be a problem.
May I suggest to write your own original songs though? =)

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Member since: Jul. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 26th, 2009 @ 06:02 PM

At 7/26/09 05:38 PM, Mattylightning wrote:
At 7/26/09 05:58 AM, sorohanro wrote: Playing along with the original track is not a cover.
well how do you expect me to get said covers up? i am no good at making backing tracks and my ONLY method of cover is by playing my guitar along with said tracks. and since when is it not a GUITAR cover? i even said they were guitar covers...this is so lame :(

Man, oh man... sorry for your disappointment.
Still, the original track is copyrighted by it's owner, hearing it even as a background can get you or even the Audio Portal to bad legal problems.
Also, as much as I have myself a passion for guitar, the term of "guitar cover" is quite... odd to me.
A cover is a cover, if the new arrangement include only guitar, then you might call it a "guitar cover" or maybe a "guitar arrangement".

As the banning is permanent (I know, sucks... not really our fault) and the new mod tools (for un-banning) are somewhere in the far future, I suggest to make another account and use backing tracks made by Newgrounds members or learn to make yourself.
If a 13 years old kid can use Fruity Loops without music theory knowledge, so can you.

Several good backing tracks, made for guitar players and by guitar players you'll find in the Guitar Challenge thread.

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 01:56 AM

At 7/26/09 05:38 PM, Mattylightning wrote: well how do you expect me to get said covers up?

We don't. A cover is not a single additional instrument to a copyrighted track, a cover is a completely remade, sometimes restyled track.

and what happened to my song Two Faced? that was just a straight original from me on a guitar in drop c...

If you break the rules with one track, all your tracks are gone. That's just how it is. If you broke the law doing one track, we have to assume that you have broken the law somehow with all your other tracks, even if it isn't immediately apparent.

Mattylightning
Mattylightning
  • Member since: Jun. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 27th, 2009 @ 08:04 PM

Alright thanks for clarifying...sorry about the hassle i'm going to work on some more music...


And My Bloody Pride Will Be Lost In Time....

JoHobo2
JoHobo2
  • Member since: Jul. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 2nd, 2009 @ 12:22 PM

sori woz jst wonderin if my submission has been accepted or nt cos i submitted it a few days ago and have heard nothing since. thanks 4 the advice :)

KrevZabijak
KrevZabijak
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 6th, 2009 @ 07:54 PM

I uploaded # 260439 back in August 31st, I was just wondering how the progress is going since this is my first upoload with regards to Newgrounds.
Thanks, cheerio.


Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

goldenelite21
goldenelite21
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 6th, 2009 @ 08:25 PM

Been about three to four days... Awaiting approval... All loops used were from mixcraft... Thanks ahead of time if it's approved any time soon. Just a bit impatient, sorry for bothering.


Demented ones shall come unto your soul

BBS Signature
Syntrus
Syntrus
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 6th, 2009 @ 08:27 PM

At 8/6/09 08:25 PM, goldenelite21 wrote: Been about three to four days... Awaiting approval... All loops used were from mixcraft... Thanks ahead of time if it's approved any time soon. Just a bit impatient, sorry for bothering.

I'm sure a mod will come along and say be paitient or something like that.


Syntrus keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006
The Madness of Kid Triangle

BBS Signature
DanceNation
DanceNation
  • Member since: May. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 6th, 2009 @ 09:08 PM

How Does This Thread Have so many posts? i mean the audio just takes time to get approved... Hm? :)


BBS Signature
KrevZabijak
KrevZabijak
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 6th, 2009 @ 09:15 PM

At 8/6/09 09:08 PM, DanceNation wrote: How Does This Thread Have so many posts? i mean the audio just takes time to get approved... Hm? :)

You haven't read the last couple of pages, have you, hm?


Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Par0xysM
Par0xysM
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 12:04 AM

Ok this answers my questions, I already made a thread with this question, but I've been waiting for about 3 days now, so I'll just have to wait until it gets passed by a moderator. Thanks for the answers lol

Rawmin
Rawmin
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 12:26 AM

At 8/6/09 08:25 PM, goldenelite21 wrote: All loops used were from mixcraft...

And thus why you will never be approved. ever.


BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 06
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 12:44 AM

At 8/7/09 12:26 AM, Rawmin wrote:
At 8/6/09 08:25 PM, goldenelite21 wrote: All loops used were from mixcraft...
And thus why you will never be approved. ever.

Exaaaactly.

Don't throw a bunch of premade loops together and expect to get approved.

Sometime before... err... other peeps etc:

Krev, approved. Have fun and such. Lol @ drunken FL-ing.

And Par0xysm... also approved.

Damn the list is long again.

But at least I think the people that have mentioned it in this thread are taken care of now.


At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
KrevZabijak
KrevZabijak
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 12:46 AM

At 8/7/09 12:44 AM, EchozAurora wrote: Krev, approved. Have fun and such. Lol @ drunken FL-ing.

I luff you for having a sense of humour.
And isn't that the only true way to use FL?


Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 06
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 12:57 AM

At 8/7/09 12:46 AM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 8/7/09 12:44 AM, EchozAurora wrote: Krev, approved. Have fun and such. Lol @ drunken FL-ing.
I luff you for having a sense of humour.
And isn't that the only true way to use FL?

Meh, one of several.

My personal preference is drunk, with a side of high, followed by a heavy session of tripping balls.

Gasp. You don't have a penis?! Did you lose it?
Horrible accident?
Excessive fapping?!

The sad thing is... I'm sober at the moment. I'll have to fix that tomorrow night when I'm DJing I suppose.


At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
goldenelite21
goldenelite21
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 01:44 AM

At 8/7/09 12:44 AM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 8/7/09 12:26 AM, Rawmin wrote:
At 8/6/09 08:25 PM, goldenelite21 wrote: All loops used were from mixcraft...
And thus why you will never be approved. ever.
Exaaaactly.

Don't throw a bunch of premade loops together and expect to get approved

Don't be so sure. Try going to the audio portal and search mixcraft. Looked at quite a few, and a majority of them had nothing but the mixcraft loops :).


Demented ones shall come unto your soul

BBS Signature
EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 06
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 02:01 AM

At 8/7/09 01:44 AM, goldenelite21 wrote:
At 8/7/09 12:44 AM, EchozAurora wrote: Exaaaactly.

Don't throw a bunch of premade loops together and expect to get approved
Don't be so sure. Try going to the audio portal and search mixcraft. Looked at quite a few, and a majority of them had nothing but the mixcraft loops :).

To quote what the mod panel says:

User: goldenelite21
Approved: no
Banned: yes

So yes. I'm rather sure.

Does this make me an asshole? Perhaps.

But... my point stands true.

Sometimes the shit slips through. Audio mods aren't perfect. Plus, til we get the new mod tools... we can't do stuff about things that have already been approved.


At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
DanceNation
DanceNation
  • Member since: May. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 02:11 AM

At 8/6/09 09:15 PM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 8/6/09 09:08 PM, DanceNation wrote: How Does This Thread Have so many posts? i mean the audio just takes time to get approved... Hm? :)
You haven't read the last couple of pages, have you, hm?

nope.....


BBS Signature
goldenelite21
goldenelite21
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 7th, 2009 @ 04:30 PM

At 8/7/09 02:01 AM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 8/7/09 01:44 AM, goldenelite21 wrote:
At 8/7/09 12:44 AM, EchozAurora wrote: Exaaaactly.

Don't throw a bunch of premade loops together and expect to get approved
Don't be so sure. Try going to the audio portal and search mixcraft. Looked at quite a few, and a majority of them had nothing but the mixcraft loops :).
To quote what the mod panel says:

User: goldenelite21
Approved: no
Banned: yes
So yes. I'm rather sure.

Does this make me an asshole? Perhaps.
But... my point stands true.

Sometimes the shit slips through. Audio mods aren't perfect. Plus, til we get the new mod tools... we can't do stuff about things that have already been approved.

Ahhhh well... Thanks for letting me know I was banned. At least now I won't be bugging anyone for the audio portal stuff, and wont be checking the submission. Golden out.


Demented ones shall come unto your soul

BBS Signature
moquaga
moquaga
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 8th, 2009 @ 05:05 AM

sorry to bring this up again but anyone know if my two tracks got approved. where they too quiet?


montag

BBS Signature
iCurrie
iCurrie
  • Member since: May. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Aug. 8th, 2009 @ 05:15 AM

At 8/8/09 05:05 AM, moquaga wrote: sorry to bring this up again but anyone know if my two tracks got approved. where they too quiet?

How long exactly have you had these under the approval radar? If its more than 8 days or so, I suggest PMing an Audio mod and asking if they where denied.