• 1,277 Replies
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 11:36 AM

At 6/29/09 11:01 AM, reel2 wrote: if my song doesnt get aprooved, will i be notified?

Probably not. Just question yourself; did it follow the rules?
- your own original work
- not using copyrighted samples
- not build from premade loops
- not a pure random crap submission (clicking around in FL and exporting), or just earhurting crap.

If all of the above are checked for you, then you'll most likely be approved soon. If not, you know why. You can always try to submit something new to check if you're banned or just not approved yet. If you're banned it will show you a message that you are. In the other case you'll just have to be a bit patient.

takeitaway69
takeitaway69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 11:59 AM

Ok, I swear this is the last time I'm gonna complain. I absolutely LOVE this site and I want to be part of the community. It has been over 20 days since my first audio submission and I am still not approved. I tried messaging audio mods but no one replied to me. This is my last ditch effort to see if some holy forum god of divine powers can grant me a concession and please see to it that I am approved.

-Crossing fingers, rubbing a rosary, and Buddhist chanting so that the gods will hear me.

-Skylar (CounterPoint)

ProjektDro
ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 01:18 PM

At 6/29/09 11:36 AM, MICHhimself wrote: - not build from premade loops

I imagine the meaning of this is 'don't build a song with ONLY loops, and don't build a song with loops that are clearly illegal/copywritten'. ... A LOT of the loops out there are of the public domain, and un accountable as loops, therefore should not be trouble to use.

And the general use of loops is not as some sort of 'standalone', but something (for example) used in the backdrop to thicken up an original drum-line, whether spliced or re-ordered, or use craftily in other ways.

None of my submissions have any loops, but I would be hard-pressed to believe that the 'no-loops' rule is brutally 100% literal. It would betray my academic knowledge of Music Business and copyright if so.

Newest Hit: A Dark Future Uncertain... ... Newest Voiceover: Meet Jimmy Bob!

BBS Signature
ProjektDro
ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 01:26 PM

At 6/29/09 01:18 PM, ProjektDro wrote: None of my submissions have any loops, but I would be hard-pressed to believe that the 'no-loops' rule is brutally 100% literal. It would betray my academic knowledge of Music Business and copyright if so.

... and I know the above is somewhat a pretentious thing to say, considering the likely experience of the audio mods and everyone else on the audio side of things...

but really?

Absolutely zero loops? =/

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 03:08 PM

At 6/29/09 01:26 PM, ProjektDro wrote:
At 6/29/09 01:18 PM, ProjektDro wrote: None of my submissions have any loops, but I would be hard-pressed to believe that the 'no-loops' rule is brutally 100% literal. It would betray my academic knowledge of Music Business and copyright if so.
... and I know the above is somewhat a pretentious thing to say, considering the likely experience of the audio mods and everyone else on the audio side of things...

but really?

Absolutely zero loops? =/

Ofcourse you can use a loop here and there. You just need to use some common sense. Bear in mind that Newgrounds is all for you originality. Try to make as much as you can yourself.

ProjektDro
ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 04:19 PM

At 6/29/09 03:08 PM, MICHhimself wrote: Ofcourse you can use a loop here and there. You just need to use some common sense. Bear in mind that Newgrounds is all for you originality. Try to make as much as you can yourself.

Lol! Ok! =)
I just has to cross-check that one on you, just so I understand the rules here at NG.

I think the Audio Portal is an amazing place for people to share their music!
It may take a time before I get approved, but I doubt complaining will really get me anywhere. Id rather spend that time enjoying myself in other ways. Perhaps lending a grip of reviews to new submissions. =)

BBS Signature
DarkKiranami
DarkKiranami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 06:12 PM

I sent in my first audio about a week and a couples days ago. I'm sure that no one would mistake it for stolen work, since it doesn't really sound like something someone would ripoff (in my opinion). I'm not sure what's going on with my submission (still awaiting approval), it's just a little melody I put together out of my head a couple years back that I decided to upload now (as an initiation to being active on NG). I've never actually submitted anything to Newgrounds before, despite being a long time lurker, so I figured I'd use the submission of my first audio as a stepping stone before I start becoming fully involved with my flashes and such.

I'm kinda still waiting for this first one to go through before I send in my more recent and improved music, and from there it's onto the flash scene. Ah well, patience I suppose.

Kogasu
Kogasu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 08:32 PM

I've been waiting...for a little over two weeks I guess. It's ok though I can be patient plus, the music I submitted isn't my best work ever. It's a bit effects heavy. I hope I don't get banned for having crap music. Do the mods actually do that??

Listen to my (shitty) original music! (Only if you want to.)

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 08:43 PM

At 6/29/09 08:32 PM, Kogasu wrote: I've been waiting...for a little over two weeks I guess. It's ok though I can be patient plus, the music I submitted isn't my best work ever. It's a bit effects heavy. I hope I don't get banned for having crap music. Do the mods actually do that??

No, it's not really quality control, but there needs to be more than just some random noise you made. not like just random crap from clicking around in a program. (as that's more or less considered spam)

Mattylightning
Mattylightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 09:15 PM

Yeah it's been about 2 weeks since my first submission and NONE of the 3-5 things I submitted have been approved yet....any idea why it says it's relatively quick but I have yet to see one of my submissions up?

And My Bloody Pride Will Be Lost In Time....

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 29th, 2009 @ 09:16 PM

Lack of active mods I guess.
I'll notify a mod to have a look out here for you people who mentioned it.

Number7even
Number7even
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 12:46 AM

That would be amazing! Good Karma for you sir. =)

Invite the hatred, invite the negativity. Why? Because if someone says something about you that you are offended by, then that is your opportunity to grow.

BBS Signature
Pawn007
Pawn007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 04:41 AM

At 2/5/08 08:09 AM, Rucklo wrote: - Please just have patience. Your time will come. If your song hasn't been validated for say well over a week (think two weeks), then it may be time to send an audio-moderator a PM and ask what's going on.

I made my first submission to the audio portal 4 days ago.

Normally I wouldn't say anything until the 'two-week' period noted above is up, but I'm starting to get a little skitsh as the submission is for the Voice Acting Competition.

FatKidWithAJetPack recently updated the submission deadline to July 5th...

The submission contains no music and should be pretty easy to clear.

I was hoping for opinions on when would be an appropriate time to 'bug' a mod... although I'm hoping I do not have to.

The link (if it is required)

BBS Signature
ProjektDro
ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 04:29 PM

At 6/30/09 04:41 AM, Pawn007 wrote: I made my first submission to the audio portal 4 days ago.

Normally I wouldn't say anything until the 'two-week' period noted above is up, but I'm starting to get a little skitsh as the submission is for the Voice Acting Competition.

FatKidWithAJetPack recently updated the submission deadline to July 5th...

The submission contains no music and should be pretty easy to clear.

I was hoping for opinions on when would be an appropriate time to 'bug' a mod... although I'm hoping I do not have to.

The link (if it is required)

Now that I think of it,... that is a little awkward.
What use is joining a competition if new people submitting can't get approved?

My stuff is more hip-hop/ambient, and although I'm not approved yet, I'd understand the wait because of how much more likely it is to infringe copyrights on hip-hop or ambient (EX. sampling). ... but voice acting? ... That doesn't seem to have much room for infringement issues.

Once again,... the Audio Mods are just enjoying the summer most likely.

BBS Signature
B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 04:48 PM

All people on the last page has been processed already. I'll check out everyone else in the thread after my coffeebreak

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 04:58 PM

For obvious reasons, approvals will take some more time during the next few months, but go on and request yours anyway.

At 6/30/09 04:48 PM, B0UNC3 wrote: All people on the last page has been processed already.

hey, I did that

Also, sweet, I'll have some of that tequila.

noodle6491
noodle6491
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 06:42 PM

I'm almost onto day three now, so I'm not massively worried yet, but I wouldn't mind being approved soon - I'd quite like to enter into the Amen Break contest in the near future, what with the deadline being soonish.
Judging from the rest of this thread, that may or may not be happening.
:/

ProjektDro
ProjektDro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 07:06 PM

At 6/30/09 04:58 PM, SBB wrote: Also, sweet, I'll have some of that tequila.

Cheers mate! =)

BBS Signature
Pandaguru
Pandaguru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 07:52 PM

Yeah I submitted something about two weeks ago and it was me just playing the piano, but I am starting to wonder, because of the somewhat mediocre quality of the microphone that the mods figured it was just some rip off of something else. I would find that pretty hard to believe, as it is easy to hear mistakes in the music, but you never know. On the other hand it sounds like these mods have been working overtime so I figure there is a pretty high probability that they haven't even had a chance to look at it yet.

At the very least this thread has let me known that I am not alone in this.

Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jun. 30th, 2009 @ 08:42 PM

At 6/30/09 07:52 PM, Pandaguru wrote:

At the very least this thread has let me known that I am not alone in this.

You've been approved. I'm hammering through the list of new submissions as we ...type. I could be here all day.:)

BBS Signature
Mattylightning
Mattylightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 1st, 2009 @ 09:30 PM

cool hope you get it all sorted out! i'm just going to wait till you guy catch up :)

ObsidianSnow
ObsidianSnow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 8th, 2009 @ 11:58 PM

You know, I still have no idea how you guys decide if a submission is legit or not. I mean, there's teh intarwebz, but still. I can see that the job might be a bit painful sometimes - especially with the (I would assume usually) mediocre first submissions that get submitted (*coughs* not mentioning myself with "puppetry"... lol).

My point is... on behalf of Newgrounds, thanks for putting up with the crap that gets submitted so much of the time just so we can keep the portal original and legal. You're like the authoritative janitors of the AP - keeping it free of the crap that we'd otherwise trip over / get covered in / be disgusted by / leave as a result of.

...And no, I'm not setting up for a submission complaint. I swear. ;P

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature
Mattylightning
Mattylightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 17th, 2009 @ 09:56 PM

k it's been about a month since i submitted my songs....NOW WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY????

FireSickle
FireSickle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 21st, 2009 @ 03:06 PM

I too have submitted two songs, and have been waiting for just about 3 weeks...

Noted, one song is fully original, but I submitted a reimagining of a Sonic the Hedgehog song, which now sounds like it will not get approved...
I hope that by submitting that I didn't stab myself in the heart with a Javelin, I didn't realize that recreations were not aloud (took me several months to get that song right, not a direct rip by any means, but it is nearly identical to the original in terms of melodies, it was a recreation of my favorite childhood video game song).

Anyway, DJ Field Day, Original Track That was co-written with another artist who gave me the thumbs up to upload it.

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 21st, 2009 @ 03:50 PM

At 7/17/09 09:56 PM, Mattylightning wrote: k it's been about a month since i submitted my songs....NOW WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY????

If it's been so long, I'm PRETTY sure "your" song got banned.

At 7/21/09 03:06 PM, FireSickle wrote: Anyway, DJ Field Day, Original Track That was co-written with another artist who gave me the thumbs up to upload it.

As for your remix, it doesn't sound like that'd be something the audio mods would ban. Unless ofcourse, you used samples from the original.
That track you co-created, how did you describe it? Maybe your description made it seem like it was actually his track.

FireSickle
FireSickle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 22nd, 2009 @ 07:09 AM

I'm not sure what description I put in for it. I wrote all of the melodies bass lines and main drum concepts, put together the first 5 minute song structure with that, TIDUS mastered the instruemnts and added an extra couple minutes in for leading in and out, spruced up the drums, made some of my out of place melodies fit in... I consider it 50/50 work between the two of us, this is an original track, it's not a remix

TheHollowMuchies
TheHollowMuchies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:35 AM

Awaiting. Only have been for two or so hours.

I am Thesuit11

BBS Signature
Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:11 AM

At 7/22/09 09:35 AM, TheHollowMuchies wrote: Awaiting. Only have been for two or so hours.

Approved. Have some patience, some people have had to wait for weeks to get their tracks on!

At 7/22/09 07:09 AM, FireSickle wrote: I'm not sure what description I put in for it. I wrote all of the melodies bass lines and main drum concepts, put together the first 5 minute song structure with that, TIDUS mastered the instruemnts and added an extra couple minutes in for leading in and out, spruced up the drums, made some of my out of place melodies fit in... I consider it 50/50 work between the two of us, this is an original track, it's not a remix

Seems more likely your sonic cover rung alarm bells. Although listening to it myself, I've got little doubt that you did it all yourself, it's a pretty exact cover note-wise so I wouldn't be surprised if a mod gathered it was a midi rip. I'll see what I can do but at the moment there is no way for us to unban users ourselves, so I'll have to forward this on to a higher power.

Unfortunately, we are a group of humans, and when we go through the list we go through hundreds of submissions at a time. We loose focus, our ears get tired and sometimes legit artists get banned and vice versa.

At 7/17/09 09:56 PM, Mattylightning wrote: k it's been about a month since i submitted my songs....NOW WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY????

Banned. Your song 'Pokemon Trainer Battle Theme' is undeniably a midi rip. Assigning new instruments onto a midi track does not an original song make.

At 7/8/09 11:58 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: You know, I still have no idea how you guys decide if a submission is legit or not. I mean, there's teh intarwebz, but still. I can see that the job might be a bit painful sometimes - especially with the (I would assume usually) mediocre first submissions that get submitted (*coughs* not mentioning myself with "puppetry"... lol).

It's actually less about legality and more about our policy on 'original work'.

The guidelines that I personally use then approving are thus:

- Rearranging of any non-NewGrounds track without explicit permission (mentioned in the song description with citations) for the sake of making a new track is dissallowed. This one is the harshest rule on the surprising amount of hip-hop submissions that get posted to NG. More or less, for every Hip-hop artist that is approved, two more are banned for using looped samples.

- Covers are permitted, as long as none of the original work is used.

- Remixes of commercial songs using that songs acapella are permitted, as long as it has been publicly released - i.e. on the b-side of an LP, as such a release is an obvious permissive nod for remixes to happen. Sampling the original song, however, is still dissolved.

- Using MIDI arrangements found online is as against the rules as cutting up the recorded track is. Nearly all MIDI arrangements are copyrighted to their artist and they withold the rights to use them to create more music.

- No Mixcraft. Ever. Or any other similar Duplo-music drag-and-drop software, regardless of if the software license says you can use it commercially.

Mattylightning
Mattylightning
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 12:45 PM

At 7/21/09 03:50 PM, MICHhimself wrote:
If it's been so long, I'm PRETTY sure "your" song got banned.

At 7/21/09 03:06 PM, FireSickle wrote: Anyway, DJ Field Day, Original Track That was co-written with another artist who gave me the thumbs up to upload it.
As for your remix, it doesn't sound like that'd be something the audio mods would ban. Unless ofcourse, you used samples from the original.
That track you co-created, how did you describe it? Maybe your description made it seem like it was actually his track.

banned for what? 1 was an original and the other 4 were guitar covers. i even stated that they were guitar covers in the descriptions. that makes no sense. and then when i try to re upload them it says that theyre still being approved

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to Awaiting Audio Approval? Jul. 24th, 2009 @ 01:15 PM

Mattylightning: I'm pretty sure an audio mod will clarify it for you.