00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Masterbaiter60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,433 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 05:23:46

At 1/31/08 05:12 AM, WritersBlock wrote: I think if it were him, a mature adult being, he would be able to prove to the mods that it really is him, and put an end to the accusations, it's been done before, and his leaving makes me think even more that he's not the guy he says he is.

Do we know he has not? He is still here, and there have been lots of suspicion that he is a fraud in the past. Either the mods were unable to contact him, or they contacted him and discovered he is really Don Davis.

He's posing as Don Davis, and if the real Don Davis found out he put his music up on newgrounds for download, he could take legal action. So I'm not surprised he's gone.

He could have easily left due to the negative reaction he got in his score/reviews. I mean, cussing him out in reviews? Those people should die.

Furthermore, I think that once this is cleared up, these posts irrelevant to the topic of the underdog list should be deleted.

Well, Rig did say this was a place to debate, although I see what you mean.

The question is, does the suspicion over his identity invalidate his eligibility for underdog status? I say NO. Suspicion alone is not enough because we ought to be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 05:29:31

Ok, proof. The song you linked to IS from the matrix. And in the review description he said nothing to say "this is from the matrix", and in response to a review saying it sounds like it's from the matrix, he said, that he wrote it with the matrix sound in mind. So, the movie was already out when he "wrote" this song. But it WAS in the movie. And I don't think it was a cover of the song because he doesn't even credit the original work, if he was an enthusiastic fan, he would have said something.
Here's the thing, these people that make movie scores, they don't write songs and then decide "hey, I think this should go in the matrix", they get commissioned to write music SPECIFICALLY for the movie. The composer gets paid to write the scores, and then he has them performed by a live orchestra. It's highly likely that there's contracts preventing the distribution of the music outside of the movie and the OST.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 05:49:09

Looks like I stepped into a tempest...

I would like to see if I am an underdog.
I got into the audio game in the late 07, as a novice I got very little recognition, but with the help of my cousin, my skill rose greatly and I spend most of my time doing VG remixes in the classic genre. The most amount of reviews I ever got was 7 and 2 listed favorites--both in the same submission, everything else is little to none. I get a general average to 2 reviews, but I don't always get that much.
Not alot of people come and listen to my music, but I try to subliminaly advertise, mostly with my list of remixes, but little traffic there as well. A few of my submissions doesn't even have a review, including my highest rated submission.

I could use some more traffic. Am I an underdog.

On a completely unrelated note-
WB, I hate to side with FadePuff, but that is conjecture, not actual proof.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 06:05:27

At 1/31/08 05:12 AM, WritersBlock wrote: Furthermore, I think that once this is cleared up, these posts irrelevant to the topic of the underdog list should be deleted.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever be cleared up. I'm going to stop now rather than take a chance doing any harm to this thread.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 13:30:22

I love the hell that can spawn from this thread.

D

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 13:39:52

At 1/30/08 04:56 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: Ive now got 91 fans, and Max 114 Reviews on a song :P

(and Im not even that good tbh)

Holy crap man, congratz. What did you do to get all that pr?

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 14:16:59

Holy crap man, congratz. What did you do to get all that pr?

Got top 5 once in October, and just now, aswell as my Song game is on the frontpage, Ive had 1 best track and Ive got 2 best tracks now aswell :P

Ive got 106 Fans right now :)

Thinking about it, Im pretty well off :O

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 15:53:29

At 1/31/08 02:57 PM, Simon-F wrote:
At 1/31/08 06:05 AM, FadePuff wrote: Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever be cleared up. I'm going to stop now rather than take a chance doing any harm to this thread.
No but really? Are you serious? Did you read some of the reviews 'ddavid' got?
Just check out the slew of inconsistencies in this piece of his.

Ahahaha...that's not an oboe at all. BUSSSTEDDD XD

Guys, that ddavis guy is NOT the real Don Davis. The real Don Davis would know that it would be in violation of both copyright laws and his contract to post previously commissioned songs. And besides, he would know how to distinguish an oboe (that he somehow secretly learned how to play) from a muted trumpet/English horn.

Sorry to burst your bubble, FadePuff, but you're wrong. Besides, if I were him, I would've posted stuff under a different name.

Nominating SpacLock! He's apparently made music for some XBL games, and they're good.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 15:58:46

I'd really like to nominate Synteza; but he's finally earning the respect I always wanted to see him get.

I guess I'll put my vote in for SpacLock as well.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-01-31 23:58:10

i NOMINATE rig for hleping me in remixing this song
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 15015

lancemcl

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 00:23:51

At 1/31/08 11:58 PM, ronay wrote: i NOMINATE rig for hleping me in remixing this song
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 15015

Thanks, man, but I don't really fit the definition of Underdog. Neither do you, as almost all of your tracks are either duplo or stolen.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 05:29:04

I'm nominating myself! I accidently made a new topic! but whatever! I hope they lock it and delete it!
I believe my music fits the rules. So here's a little about me!
I started music itself since I was 2, banging on pans like drums, then at 4 I picked up harmonica. At 7 i started up the bagpipes. In grade 6 I started on the Euphonium (i suggest you wikipedia that cause it's hard to explain what a euphonium is) At an age i think in grade 5, I picked up the piano, with no really good lessons. And at 13, i picked up the guitar. I'm into metal, Firewind, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Black Label Society, etc. The programs I use are Cool Edit Pro, GFX 3 and Acoustica Beatcraft. So that's all about my musical history. But enough of that, listen to my music, There's not much, but it's good!
My Profile!
While I'm here, I'll also nominate a few other people... oh wait, they don't fit the rules, so I won't send a link, i'll just say their names. Xenogenocide, Angelsdontkill, Bad-Man-Incorporated, and DarKsid.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 05:46:10

At 2/1/08 05:29 AM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Stuff

This is not a self ad thread thing, you nominate other people, people who are 'Underdogs' so basically good musicians who noone on here has heard of.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 06:36:09

At 2/1/08 05:46 AM, pitbulljones wrote:
At 2/1/08 05:29 AM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Stuff
This is not a self ad thread thing, you nominate other people, people who are 'Underdogs' so basically good musicians who noone on here has heard of.

If you want to nominate yourself it's possible.. Read the rules before you try to "tech" other people about them!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 06:55:33

At 2/1/08 06:36 AM, SolidElectro wrote:
If you want to nominate yourself it's possible.. Read the rules before you try to "tech" other people about them!

sorry my bad

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 08:51:52

Rig, that roonay guy is just the character you spawned because you wanted to stir up some shit on the portal, right? :) I'm suprised dude hasnt shown up at your door.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 11:17:34

At 2/1/08 08:51 AM, jrayteam6 wrote: Rig, that roonay guy is just the character you spawned because you wanted to stir up some shit on the portal, right? :)

No. You just can't fake that. We already had this discussion in the IRC last week, anyway.
I would've ended this a long time ago.

I'm suprised dude hasnt shown up at your door.

He DID repeatedly ask me for my address.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 11:38:53

At 2/1/08 11:22 AM, Chronamut wrote: maybe it's Rig's evil american twin :P

Yeah. My younger, evil, not-as-sexy twin.
Anyways, let's not talk about this here. ON WITH THE NOMINATIONS!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 12:59:23

At 2/1/08 11:38 AM, Rig wrote:
At 2/1/08 11:22 AM, Chronamut wrote: maybe it's Rig's evil american twin :P
Yeah. My younger, evil, not-as-sexy twin.
Anyways, let's not talk about this here. ON WITH THE NOMINATIONS!

He thinks Im in his audio team. I said I wasnt and he goes all sick. "You are and will be in my audio team forever"

Like I have any choice D:

I swore on his page though, it got me that wound up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-02 23:51:59

The second Underdog list is now up.

It contains all the new people from after the first list to as of this post. We are considering putting up a new list, complete with a "Users not submitting anymore but should still be on here" kind of thing. If we do put it up, it should be included in the second list sometime tomorrow.

Any more suggestions are welcome; you can PM UnderdogList, Rig, New-Milkman, or MaestroRage.

~ New-Milkman

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 01:34:47

Hey, was up i'd like to nominate myself like a true underdog, because nobody knows about me!
Anyway, I've been writing music for about 5 years now, ever since i discovered garageband when it first came out. And for all of you garageband haters out there, go listen to my stuff and then judge. I write all sorts of stuff. I parodied John Williams, went through a Ratatat phase, and am know into some 21st Century Classical stuff. Anyway, heres the link to my page.
Much props to Rig, by the way.
heres the linke to My page
check it!
:D

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 02:23:40

At 2/4/08 01:34 AM, mkron wrote: Much props to Rig, by the way.

Really? What did I do?
Also, neat stuff. I'm not sure how creative you ARE with GB, though...I'll leave that up to Quarl's expert GarageBand ears.

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 04:13:00

Oh yeah, and I'd like to be considered under classical.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 20:39:03

Not a single nomination :'(

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-05 13:32:02

At 2/4/08 08:39 PM, dj-pope wrote: Not a single nomination :'(

I gave you a listen, but honestly, it sounds like you're still learning.
Your mixes aren't mastered correctly, the chords are a bit TOO repetitive (I know it's trance, but switch it up a bit), your mixes aren't very original...I just don't think you're an underdog yet.
Practice, practice, practice is all it takes. I noodled around with FL for about a year before I really got the hang of it. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-05 14:56:38

At 2/5/08 01:32 PM, Rig wrote: I gave you a listen, but honestly, it sounds like you're still learning.
Your mixes aren't mastered correctly, the chords are a bit TOO repetitive (I know it's trance, but switch it up a bit), your mixes aren't very original...I just don't think you're an underdog yet.
Practice, practice, practice is all it takes. I noodled around with FL for about a year before I really got the hang of it. :)

Yeah I am learning. Only been fooling around with FL for about 4-5 months. I have no clue how to master yet and no idea where to start learning.

Thanks for the listen though! :D

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-05 15:08:59

At 2/5/08 02:56 PM, dj-pope wrote: I have no clue how to master yet and no idea where to start learning.

There's some helpful links in that list in my sig. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 01:54:55

But you see! Then one of my songs that I don't even like and have never upvoted myself excluding the 5 I gave it when I submitted it goes and ends up in the top 25!

I'm doing something right, I just got work on perfecting it, I think. Or that might just be the vodka talking.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 02:13:38

I nominate this guy for his dnb loop ^^

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 10:33:48

At 2/6/08 02:13 AM, meneldil wrote: I nominate this guy for his dnb loop ^^

buddum kish
Slow week for nominations.

BBS Signature