Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 11:38:53

At 2/1/08 11:22 AM, Chronamut wrote: maybe it's Rig's evil american twin :P

Yeah. My younger, evil, not-as-sexy twin.
Anyways, let's not talk about this here. ON WITH THE NOMINATIONS!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-01 12:59:23

At 2/1/08 11:38 AM, Rig wrote:
At 2/1/08 11:22 AM, Chronamut wrote: maybe it's Rig's evil american twin :P
Yeah. My younger, evil, not-as-sexy twin.
Anyways, let's not talk about this here. ON WITH THE NOMINATIONS!

He thinks Im in his audio team. I said I wasnt and he goes all sick. "You are and will be in my audio team forever"

Like I have any choice D:

I swore on his page though, it got me that wound up.

BBS Signature
UnderdogList
UnderdogList
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-02 23:51:59

The second Underdog list is now up.

It contains all the new people from after the first list to as of this post. We are considering putting up a new list, complete with a "Users not submitting anymore but should still be on here" kind of thing. If we do put it up, it should be included in the second list sometime tomorrow.

Any more suggestions are welcome; you can PM UnderdogList, Rig, New-Milkman, or MaestroRage.

~ New-Milkman

mkron
mkron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 01:34:47

Hey, was up i'd like to nominate myself like a true underdog, because nobody knows about me!
Anyway, I've been writing music for about 5 years now, ever since i discovered garageband when it first came out. And for all of you garageband haters out there, go listen to my stuff and then judge. I write all sorts of stuff. I parodied John Williams, went through a Ratatat phase, and am know into some 21st Century Classical stuff. Anyway, heres the link to my page.
Much props to Rig, by the way.
heres the linke to My page
check it!
:D

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 02:23:40

At 2/4/08 01:34 AM, mkron wrote: Much props to Rig, by the way.

Really? What did I do?
Also, neat stuff. I'm not sure how creative you ARE with GB, though...I'll leave that up to Quarl's expert GarageBand ears.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
mkron
mkron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 04:13:00

Oh yeah, and I'd like to be considered under classical.

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 13:19:26

At 2/2/08 11:51 PM, UnderdogList wrote: The second Underdog list is now up.

You forgot me XD

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 14:45:01

At 2/4/08 01:19 PM, B0UNC3 wrote:
At 2/2/08 11:51 PM, UnderdogList wrote: The second Underdog list is now up.
You forgot me XD

lol you whore XD

dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-04 20:39:03

Not a single nomination :'(

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-05 13:32:02

At 2/4/08 08:39 PM, dj-pope wrote: Not a single nomination :'(

I gave you a listen, but honestly, it sounds like you're still learning.
Your mixes aren't mastered correctly, the chords are a bit TOO repetitive (I know it's trance, but switch it up a bit), your mixes aren't very original...I just don't think you're an underdog yet.
Practice, practice, practice is all it takes. I noodled around with FL for about a year before I really got the hang of it. :)

BBS Signature
dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-05 14:56:38

At 2/5/08 01:32 PM, Rig wrote: I gave you a listen, but honestly, it sounds like you're still learning.
Your mixes aren't mastered correctly, the chords are a bit TOO repetitive (I know it's trance, but switch it up a bit), your mixes aren't very original...I just don't think you're an underdog yet.
Practice, practice, practice is all it takes. I noodled around with FL for about a year before I really got the hang of it. :)

Yeah I am learning. Only been fooling around with FL for about 4-5 months. I have no clue how to master yet and no idea where to start learning.

Thanks for the listen though! :D

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-05 15:08:59

At 2/5/08 02:56 PM, dj-pope wrote: I have no clue how to master yet and no idea where to start learning.

There's some helpful links in that list in my sig. :)

BBS Signature
dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 01:54:55

But you see! Then one of my songs that I don't even like and have never upvoted myself excluding the 5 I gave it when I submitted it goes and ends up in the top 25!

I'm doing something right, I just got work on perfecting it, I think. Or that might just be the vodka talking.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
meneldil
meneldil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 02:13:38

I nominate this guy for his dnb loop ^^

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 08:15:32

I didnt realize you were still ALIVE meneldil :P

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 10:33:48

At 2/6/08 02:13 AM, meneldil wrote: I nominate this guy for his dnb loop ^^

buddum kish
Slow week for nominations.

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 12:06:23

I dont think Im classed as an underdog anymore. (not that anyone nominated me XD)

Ive got Top 5.. Again XD

BBS Signature
SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 12:10:20

At 2/6/08 12:06 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: I dont think Im classed as an underdog anymore. (not that anyone nominated me XD)

Ive got Top 5.. Again XD

Bragger XD! And youre only in the top 5 because you use basshunters smiley!\kidding

BBS Signature
Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 12:11:33

At 2/6/08 12:10 PM, SolidElectro wrote:
At 2/6/08 12:06 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: I dont think Im classed as an underdog anymore. (not that anyone nominated me XD)

Ive got Top 5.. Again XD
Bragger XD! And youre only in the top 5 because you use basshunters smiley!\kidding

Nah, Basshunter's Main smiley is d[-_-]b

:P

I just nicked his album one. IMA COPYRIGHT IT BEFORE HIM ;D

BBS Signature
SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 12:15:56

At 2/6/08 12:11 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: Nah, Basshunter's Main smiley is d[-_-]b

lol..

I just nicked his album one. IMA COPYRIGHT IT BEFORE HIM ;D

Yeah, you did.. XD

The Underdog List

BBS Signature
SolidElectro
SolidElectro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 14:22:38

Srsly guys! I just found an underdog! His NG name is "THEpower" and i nominate him for making the happiest song ever entitled: "Reviving Happy Times"

-Check it out!

BBS Signature
meneldil
meneldil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 15:37:35

At 2/6/08 08:15 AM, Chronamut wrote: I didnt realize you were still ALIVE meneldil :P

Have to learn at nights, no time to irc :(

PS and believe me i am still alive
PPS i feel fantastic and i'm still alive...

Indescriptive topic names have left me in despair!

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 16:54:14

At 2/4/08 02:23 AM, Rig wrote:
At 2/4/08 01:34 AM, mkron wrote: Much props to Rig, by the way.
Really? What did I do?
Also, neat stuff. I'm not sure how creative you ARE with GB, though...I'll leave that up to Quarl's expert GarageBand ears.

Yeah, he's an underdog. He has a lot of potential. His melodies rock, and I didn't notice any samples. That doesn't mean he didn't use any, it just means I didn't catch any. He needs to learn how to master his work better (so do I, but it's not easy in garage band when you have a lot going on at once.) All in all, I think he's worth the nomination. Primarily for his classical work. I'm not linking to any songs though... my internet connection is running slow at the moment and I'm a little mad that in order to hear the tracks, I had to download them >:(

On second thought... ProjectDark is a good listen. The work here sounds really good for the most part. The only problem with this track is that when it shifts to an electronic sound towards the end, he completely stopped paying attention to his clipping indicators and the mix gets sloppy. I've noticed that a few of his better songs fall victim to his negligence towards mixing. He tries too hard to get those powerful chrechendos. If I can make a shout out towards mkron real quick, I'd just like to say, try lowering the other tracks a little, before turning up the lead. Also, subtleties are a must. Huge chrechendoes can be illusionary. Dunno. Keep working on that mixing mkron :P

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

mkron
mkron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 23:18:45

Thanks Quarl!
To answer to the samples thing, I refuse to use them as well as preset instruments except for strings.
I know about my mixing trouble, and I really hate it. My problem is that I love a good and heavy drum beat, yet the drums are never loud enough to compete with the synths. Of course, the obvious answer is make the synths quieter, but I like loudness.
However, I must make a little thing about what you said about lack of subtlety. This is all subjective, but for the first 3 minutes and 16 seconds, I do very little crescendo. I do get blatantly loud and obnoxious towards the end, but on purpose of course. My favorite piece is unfortunately 8.1 mb long, so I can't upload it.
Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough evaluation of my music! I will definitely work on the mixing for the next project :D!

p.s. Would you happen to know how to transfer the music in notation form into a app. like Finale?

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 23:52:34

At 2/6/08 11:18 PM, mkron wrote:

8.1 mb long, so I can't upload it.

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough evaluation of my music! I will definitely work on the mixing for the next project :D!

p.s. Would you happen to know how to transfer the music in notation form into a app. like Finale?

If you're using a program like switch to convert your projects into mp3 format then you have the ability to lower the quality a little in exchange for a smaller file size. In switch theres a button that says "encoder options." Set the bit rate a little lower. I'm not sure, but I think other converters give you similar options :P

And to answer your question, in the midi editor, all the way at the bottom on the left you'll see two buttons cajoined to each other. One looks like the little blocks you build your melodies with and the other is a note. Click on the note. One thing though, this format sucks and it's not very accurate.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

mkron
mkron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 23:57:23

No no, I new how to view it. I wanted to export it. But anyways, on with the Nominations!

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-06 23:59:47

At 2/6/08 11:57 PM, mkron wrote: No no, I new how to view it. I wanted to export it. But anyways, on with the Nominations!

oh, I get what your saying. Well in that case, the answer is no. You can't do that, sorry.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-07 01:26:39

Ok, well I was looking through my newgrounds audio collection and dug up this guy (MrWAD2.) I wouldn't recommend listening to his work if you're not into art. His work is EXTREMELY experimental. Almost completely nonsensical, it's also almost complete genius. What? That barely made any sense, and that's the point I'm trying to make!

The first track I'm gonna recomend is Kreepy Worx 11 a track that will have you questioning your sexuality long before you even realize that this song has no real structure. The sounds are smooth, sexy and tasty. This is sound as art, whether you like it or not.

You want some heavy hitting sounds? Try Eye-got-cha on for size. This one hurts it's so heavy. It morphs up and down, with some sweet vox going on. Complete incoherent bliss.

To leave things hanging I'll drop off with Pop-lockerz a track that defies logic. Give it a few listens, you might end up liking it. For anyone who thinks that this is "undanceable," well I'd have to say you're wrong. I've met some pretty crazy girls at art school that would die to move to this kind of sound.

Now let the debate begin.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-07 14:16:28

...what ever happened to Psybot?

AfroShine
AfroShine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-07 18:20:01

AT LAST, the perfect nominee.

I nominate: djb345t

If you are reading my signature, you must not be doing anything important, so click the turntables to check out my music.

BBS Signature