00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Brando225 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Underdog List

120,321 Views | 1,054 Replies

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 04:55:02

I'm personally not sure that I would qualify for the top 10 list.
Though, I would love a bit more attention, I'm not sure I want it for the same reasons
as others would. With attention, comes criticism. As you listen to my newer songs and compare
them to my older songs, it's obvious there has been improvement. I'm just hoping to keepmyself in that cycle and NG is the basis for that to continue.
There are tons of experienced musicians and better composers on NG
who already have a fan base to think godly of them with every track they release.
What about the others who need help. I am one of them, and it sucks to have a song passed bywhen all of that effort is put into it.

- My Ideas
We are the basis for changing the music industry.
We post out ideas, thoughts, creations, sweat and blood on here for the entire planet to hear.
Distribution isn't a problem anymore. Recording costs are a thing of the past. CD's are overpriced and dying as the world slowly but surely turns digital. Sites like Newgrounds is how we're going to make it. The way money is made will have to change. (games, live performances, developing a strong fan base and other crap) It's all happening here.
- What Music is To Me
Music is my life. It has helped me through a lot, and will continue to do so until my last breath.
I may not be the best at expressing my musical Ideas yet (only 16)... but I'm making an effort to change that. I came to Newgrounds for a bit of help.
Music is the way I express myself. It's my way to keep in check with myself.
Music gets me through the day.
-My Style
I love all music. Jazz, Electronic, Classical, Choir, Rock, Metal, Ol' Skool Rap, blah blah blah
I'm still finding my place, and starting to use my own vocals.
I compose with a M-Audio Axiom 49, a computer with ableton live 6, and a guitar and bass.
I love writing all different kinds of things.
I've been composing for half a year, just got ableton a couple months ago.
I picked up my first instrument 2 years ago.

That's me... go ahead, delete this post :D
I'm sorry it's so long, tell me to edit it if you want.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 04:59:41

I nominate myself since I'm not well known around the Audio Portal.
I have a few decent songs in my repertoire too.
So, someone pick a song, even if the score is a little low.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 05:07:29

At 2/10/08 04:59 AM, Xmanne wrote: I nominate myself since I'm not well known around the Audio Portal.

Oh, and my program is FL studio. I've been making music since well, August of last year.
I don't have much skill yet because I've onlt scratched the surface on the program that is Fl Studio.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 09:16:05

I wanna nominate myself....because not enough people know me to do it for me...
http://djnet.newgrounds.com/audio/
my audio submission list
I use mostly FL Studio and audacity
but sometimes i use apple garage band

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 11:49:41

At 2/10/08 04:55 AM, Uthandar wrote: - My Ideas
We are the basis for changing the music industry.
We post out ideas, thoughts, creations, sweat and blood on here for the entire planet to hear.
Distribution isn't a problem anymore. Recording costs are a thing of the past. CD's are overpriced and dying as the world slowly but surely turns digital.

Exactly. Yes, you have the right idea. Read up!

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 13:26:25

I'll be checking out those self nominations later today. I have some work to do right now :P

Oh yeah, under dog list advertised in Tom Fulps best of January list link.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 14:18:51

Eh...
It's not that I wanted to nominate myself....
I guess I shouldn't really shouldn't have.
I'm no where near as good as others and still have to work on
my songs consistently being good.
I should have posted in a different thread.
I just wanted to get those thoughts out.
:D

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 15:51:47

At 2/10/08 12:15 AM, Smokey651 wrote: I would like to nominate myself as an underdog. Ive been making songs for a little over a year now. And don't plan on stopping.... it's been over a month since ive submitted a song but i always have a few projects going. My early stuff isn't great... as with most people. But i like my recent songs.

I use madtracker, audacity, and a new program called musicshake.

Nomination seconded. Some of your work sounded pretty good, though, some of it, not so much. Regardless, I'll put you up for http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 13714, Santa's Enlightenment and H.H.H.

Just letting you know, you got some of your genres wrong. That track you labeled as drum and bass was not drum and bass.

At 2/10/08 04:59 AM, Xmanne wrote: I nominate myself since I'm not well known around the Audio Portal.

Well, I personally think you still have some more improvement to be done before I would nominate you. Who's not to say however that someone else might pick you up?

At 2/10/08 09:16 AM, djnet wrote: I wanna nominate myself....because not enough people know me to do it for me...
http://djnet.newgrounds.com/audio/
my audio submission list
I use mostly FL Studio and audacity
but sometimes i use apple garage band

I'm not willing to nominate you. A bunch of your older tunes relied way too heavily on garage band loops. Who's to say that your newer stuff isn't original, but let's take into consideration that a majority of your tracks are old anyways. That means that a majority of your work is sampled loops. You cut them up a lot though. I almost didn't recognize them, but there were some pretty rough give-aways.

At 2/10/08 02:18 PM, Uthandar wrote: Eh...
It's not that I wanted to nominate myself....

Regardless, you'll get a nomination. I'm putting up your songs Traditional Chinese/ Modern (a dnb track after that minute long intro, why did you put it under classical?), Okay Roll The Drums and Sleeping By The Gummy Bear.

RAWR!

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 15:55:28

Oh, that's too great!
Hooray!
Thanks for taking a listen!
:D

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 16:01:47

At 2/10/08 01:23 AM, AfroShine wrote: hey quarl you make some nice stuff yourself, even though I'm not into DnB too much, unless it's really good.

lol, thanks. Please don't nominate me :P

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 16:12:07

I was just curious...
you mean to say that you go and listen to everyone who puts up a nomination by yourself?
if so, that's freaking awesome.
cheers

I imagine you get a lot of crap. :D

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 16:39:13

I nominate me.

History:
Got into flash when i was 6 and into audio making when 10.Im now 13.

I focus on audio alot more[I have flash movies to prove it :)] because i thinkit is the most fun of the two.

Ive posted nearly 40 tracks so far[MOST of them are good, some are screw ups,tests,etc.] and i think i have improved alot.

I recently posted a track and while i was making it, i could feel myself get better, and thats what inspired me to post this.

Newest Song

Style: Glitch Hop/Jazz/ElectronicChocolate Rain Remix!

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 17:24:32

Well, I've been watching this thread awhile (with my hopes up, lol) but i'm going to nominate myself, i guess. I would've much rather been "discovered" haha, but oh well.

I've been DJing longer than i've been producing, probably 6 years or so djing, and about 4 producing. I haven't had time lately to "hone" my producing skills due to hopefully graduating college this year/work/djing. I've djed in the greater Pittsburgh area, Ohio, and Washington D.C. with the likes of Richard "Humptey" Vission, David Garcia, Uberzone, and a host more (i was an opener, of course, haha). To produce, I am currently only using Fruityloops. I merely only use it for the tracking though, since it's comfortable for me. I don't think I ever really used much if any of their presets. I mainly use a host of thirdparty plugins/presets/effects/vst/etc. At my cousin's studio in D.C., for our label beatfoundation.org, we have just about anything and everything to use. I also just recently bought a midi keyboard and waiting for it to arrive, as most of my hardware is in D.C., 3 hours away :-/

Here is a link to my tracks, hope you enjoy! http://bgong.newgrounds.com/

I'm mainly focusing on electro/progressive house at the moment. But i love minimal and breaks, and would hope to merge those sub-genres into my tracks in the near future.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 17:50:13

At 2/10/08 05:26 PM, Chronamut wrote: well i guess these 2 are quickly becoming underdogs as everyone will soon forget who they even ARE..

XBrav
ChEsDeRmAN

there was also kinglongshire - but he changed his name to something else - why do ppl change their names? Then I can't remember who anyone is..

Hmmm, I remember those two. I never really attended the forums back in the day, but I remember xbrav being featured once (old newgrounds design.) He had some great video game tunes, good piano stuff. I remember downloading the pokemon battle theme off of chesder years back. Those were the days...

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 18:50:11

At 2/10/08 05:26 PM, Chronamut wrote: ChEsDeRmAN

I wouldn't nominate him. I heard crappy FL Slayer in his songs. It does make me want to listen. I do, however, agree with your nomination of XBrav.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 18:57:50

At 2/10/08 06:50 PM, navij11 wrote:
At 2/10/08 05:26 PM, Chronamut wrote: ChEsDeRmAN
I wouldn't nominate him.

How could you possibly ignore the awesomeness! rule 10.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 20:23:19

At 2/10/08 08:18 PM, Chronamut wrote: and just because YOU have gone from noob who doesnt know anythig to arrogant douchebag noob who THINKS he knows everything DOESNT give you the right to shut down older users mister!

No, I don't think I know everything. Its just that... I can't really appreciate mentally abrasive slayer tracks... If he innovated that, then I really, REALLY hate him for it. Slayer gives me headaches (unless you vocode with it, then it sounds cool!)

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 20:24:20

At 2/10/08 08:18 PM, Chronamut wrote: and just because YOU have gone from noob who doesnt know anythig to arrogant douchebag noob who THINKS he knows everything DOESNT give you the right to shut down older users mister!

Older /= better or wiser.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 20:28:24

At 2/10/08 08:25 PM, Chronamut wrote: it does in this case :P

Nah.
Besides, he has tons of reviews and stuff for his latest songs.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-10 22:29:35

When does the next list go out?

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-11 06:10:28

At 2/10/08 03:51 PM, Quarl wrote: Well, I personally think you still have some more improvement to be done before I would nominate you. :Who's not to say however that someone else might pick you up?

I know I still need improvement, after all my average audio score is 2 and above.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-11 21:14:47

At 2/10/08 10:29 PM, Smokey651 wrote: When does the next list go out?

We don't really have a set day/ timeframe when we put out new lists. I think I'll try to get one up this weekend... but I think I'm going to try to get a new list up every two weeks. Depends on how many votes there are for the week... or two.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 01:11:19

im feeling like an underdog right now...

Wont you plz review my new stuff? Could care less about the list, and this is totally the apropriate place to mope around.. :{

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 01:13:48

At 2/12/08 01:11 AM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Wont you plz review my new stuff? Could care less about the list, and this is totally the apropriate place to mope around.. :{

Review Request Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 01:51:13

At 2/12/08 01:13 AM, Rig wrote:
At 2/12/08 01:11 AM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Wont you plz review my new stuff? Could care less about the list, and this is totally the apropriate place to mope around.. :{
Review Request Club

fudgepackers

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 02:07:50

At 2/10/08 05:55 PM, Chronamut wrote:
yuuup.

Interesting fact - XBrav actually signed up the day before me - so technically he has more seniority than even I do :P - but he let himself fade away..

and xbrav and chesderman actually know each other irl - interesting facts :P

also theyre both canadian - Rig you should add them to the canadian list :)

I have seniority over alllll hahaha, and I am canadian as well. Well... half canadian half americano

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 02:49:15

At 2/12/08 01:13 AM, Rig wrote:
Review Request Club

Thats not under the audio tab in the forums...Why on earth would i check there, brilliant!!
Many thanks, hope this works...

can i still be an underdog?

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 18:14:26

I would like to humbly nominate myself. I've been steadily posting my music on NG since 2004 (128 songs so far) but I don't get a lot of attention or reviews. I do get a lot of high scores from voters, and I've had my music used in some pretty popular games, which is always great.

So please, check my stuff out, and leave some reviews. I know I at least feel like an underdog sometimes. :)

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 20:10:33

I don't get enough reviews thats for sure.

Response to The Underdog List 2008-02-12 20:16:05

At 2/12/08 06:14 PM, Bad-Atom wrote: I would like to humbly nominate myself.

Bullshit.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature