• 1,140 Replies
bgong
bgong
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 05:24 PM

Well, I've been watching this thread awhile (with my hopes up, lol) but i'm going to nominate myself, i guess. I would've much rather been "discovered" haha, but oh well.

I've been DJing longer than i've been producing, probably 6 years or so djing, and about 4 producing. I haven't had time lately to "hone" my producing skills due to hopefully graduating college this year/work/djing. I've djed in the greater Pittsburgh area, Ohio, and Washington D.C. with the likes of Richard "Humptey" Vission, David Garcia, Uberzone, and a host more (i was an opener, of course, haha). To produce, I am currently only using Fruityloops. I merely only use it for the tracking though, since it's comfortable for me. I don't think I ever really used much if any of their presets. I mainly use a host of thirdparty plugins/presets/effects/vst/etc. At my cousin's studio in D.C., for our label beatfoundation.org, we have just about anything and everything to use. I also just recently bought a midi keyboard and waiting for it to arrive, as most of my hardware is in D.C., 3 hours away :-/

Here is a link to my tracks, hope you enjoy! http://bgong.newgrounds.com/

I'm mainly focusing on electro/progressive house at the moment. But i love minimal and breaks, and would hope to merge those sub-genres into my tracks in the near future.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 05:26 PM

well i guess these 2 are quickly becoming underdogs as everyone will soon forget who they even ARE..

XBrav
ChEsDeRmAN

there was also kinglongshire - but he changed his name to something else - why do ppl change their names? Then I can't remember who anyone is..

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 05:50 PM

At 2/10/08 05:26 PM, Chronamut wrote: well i guess these 2 are quickly becoming underdogs as everyone will soon forget who they even ARE..

XBrav
ChEsDeRmAN

there was also kinglongshire - but he changed his name to something else - why do ppl change their names? Then I can't remember who anyone is..

Hmmm, I remember those two. I never really attended the forums back in the day, but I remember xbrav being featured once (old newgrounds design.) He had some great video game tunes, good piano stuff. I remember downloading the pokemon battle theme off of chesder years back. Those were the days...

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 05:55 PM

At 2/10/08 05:50 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 2/10/08 05:26 PM, Chronamut wrote: well i guess these 2 are quickly becoming underdogs as everyone will soon forget who they even ARE..

XBrav
ChEsDeRmAN

Hmmm, I remember those two. I never really attended the forums back in the day, but I remember xbrav being featured once (old newgrounds design.) He had some great video game tunes, good piano stuff. I remember downloading the pokemon battle theme off of chesder years back. Those were the days...

yuuup.

Interesting fact - XBrav actually signed up the day before me - so technically he has more seniority than even I do :P - but he let himself fade away..

and xbrav and chesderman actually know each other irl - interesting facts :P

also theyre both canadian - Rig you should add them to the canadian list :)

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 06:50 PM

At 2/10/08 05:26 PM, Chronamut wrote: ChEsDeRmAN

I wouldn't nominate him. I heard crappy FL Slayer in his songs. It does make me want to listen. I do, however, agree with your nomination of XBrav.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 06:57 PM

At 2/10/08 06:50 PM, navij11 wrote:
I wouldn't nominate him.

How could you possibly ignore the awesomeness! rule 10.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 08:18 PM

At 2/10/08 06:50 PM, navij11 wrote:
I wouldn't nominate him. I heard crappy FL Slayer in his songs. It does make me want to listen. I do, however, agree with your nomination of XBrav.

no way man - his stuff is pure unadulterated GOLD!

especially minuet of smithy

without ChEsDeRmAn nonoe on ngs would know just how lovely abusing slayer can be - he was the first!

and just because YOU have gone from noob who doesnt know anythig to arrogant douchebag noob who THINKS he knows everything DOESNT give you the right to shut down older users mister!

Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 08:23 PM

At 2/10/08 08:18 PM, Chronamut wrote: and just because YOU have gone from noob who doesnt know anythig to arrogant douchebag noob who THINKS he knows everything DOESNT give you the right to shut down older users mister!

No, I don't think I know everything. Its just that... I can't really appreciate mentally abrasive slayer tracks... If he innovated that, then I really, REALLY hate him for it. Slayer gives me headaches (unless you vocode with it, then it sounds cool!)

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 08:24 PM

At 2/10/08 08:18 PM, Chronamut wrote: and just because YOU have gone from noob who doesnt know anythig to arrogant douchebag noob who THINKS he knows everything DOESNT give you the right to shut down older users mister!

Older /= better or wiser.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 08:25 PM

it does in this case :P

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 08:28 PM

At 2/10/08 08:25 PM, Chronamut wrote: it does in this case :P

Nah.
Besides, he has tons of reviews and stuff for his latest songs.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Smokey
Smokey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 10th, 2008 @ 10:29 PM

When does the next list go out?

Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 11th, 2008 @ 06:10 AM

At 2/10/08 03:51 PM, Quarl wrote: Well, I personally think you still have some more improvement to be done before I would nominate you. :Who's not to say however that someone else might pick you up?

I know I still need improvement, after all my average audio score is 2 and above.

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 11th, 2008 @ 09:14 PM

At 2/10/08 10:29 PM, Smokey651 wrote: When does the next list go out?

We don't really have a set day/ timeframe when we put out new lists. I think I'll try to get one up this weekend... but I think I'm going to try to get a new list up every two weeks. Depends on how many votes there are for the week... or two.

RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 01:11 AM

im feeling like an underdog right now...

Wont you plz review my new stuff? Could care less about the list, and this is totally the apropriate place to mope around.. :{

just you wait

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 01:13 AM

At 2/12/08 01:11 AM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Wont you plz review my new stuff? Could care less about the list, and this is totally the apropriate place to mope around.. :{

Review Request Club

BBS Signature
Dj-Immune
Dj-Immune
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 01:51 AM

At 2/12/08 01:13 AM, Rig wrote:
At 2/12/08 01:11 AM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Wont you plz review my new stuff? Could care less about the list, and this is totally the apropriate place to mope around.. :{
Review Request Club

fudgepackers

Flashburn
Flashburn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 02:07 AM

At 2/10/08 05:55 PM, Chronamut wrote:
yuuup.

Interesting fact - XBrav actually signed up the day before me - so technically he has more seniority than even I do :P - but he let himself fade away..

and xbrav and chesderman actually know each other irl - interesting facts :P

also theyre both canadian - Rig you should add them to the canadian list :)

I have seniority over alllll hahaha, and I am canadian as well. Well... half canadian half americano

RyeGuyHead
RyeGuyHead
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 02:49 AM

At 2/12/08 01:13 AM, Rig wrote:
Review Request Club

Thats not under the audio tab in the forums...Why on earth would i check there, brilliant!!
Many thanks, hope this works...

can i still be an underdog?

just you wait

Bad-Atom
Bad-Atom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 06:14 PM

I would like to humbly nominate myself. I've been steadily posting my music on NG since 2004 (128 songs so far) but I don't get a lot of attention or reviews. I do get a lot of high scores from voters, and I've had my music used in some pretty popular games, which is always great.

So please, check my stuff out, and leave some reviews. I know I at least feel like an underdog sometimes. :)

dannyNergy
dannyNergy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 08:10 PM

I don't get enough reviews thats for sure.

Erkie
Erkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 08:16 PM

At 2/12/08 06:14 PM, Bad-Atom wrote: I would like to humbly nominate myself.

Bullshit.

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|
94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature
RadioactiveRhino
RadioactiveRhino
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 09:35 PM

Hey people, how about submitting others for the list? Eh?

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature
Nav
Nav
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 09:41 PM

Ok, here's another nomination. I nominate Gusto.

He makes some kick-ass drum and bass.[eWorm] is a kick ass piece. Its got distorted 808s, and morphy reeses, along with clean drums. A lot of his other tracks are nice. A few have gotten a little recognition, although few had more than 6 reviews. Most didn't even have that many.

I give him my drum and bass nomination.

RadioactiveRhino
RadioactiveRhino
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 10:23 PM

At 2/12/08 09:41 PM, navij11 wrote: Ok, here's another nomination. I nominate Gusto.
He makes some kick-ass drum and bass.[eWorm] is a kick ass piece.
I give him my drum and bass nomination.

I second that motion. Sounds wicked!

There are a few middle eastern instruments which use one instrument;I believe most of them are fairly small. -MaestroRage

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 12th, 2008 @ 10:33 PM

At 2/12/08 10:23 PM, RadioactiveRhino wrote:
At 2/12/08 09:41 PM, navij11 wrote: Ok, here's another nomination. I nominate Gusto.
I second that motion. Sounds wicked!

thirded.

dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 13th, 2008 @ 12:07 AM

Still no nomination even though I've had 4 songs in the top 25 in the last 2 weeks :(

Actually I don't deserve any yet so it's fine. My next song though, if it doesn't win me one, I'll be dissapointed.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
joshhunsaker
joshhunsaker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 13th, 2008 @ 08:42 AM

At 2/13/08 12:07 AM, dj-pope wrote: Still no nomination even though I've had 4 songs in the top 25 in the last 2 weeks :(

Actually I don't deserve any yet so it's fine. My next song though, if it doesn't win me one, I'll be dissapointed.

you shouldn't be nominated. too many people obviously think you're hot stuff already. being an underdog is a bit of a different position.

dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 14th, 2008 @ 02:45 AM

At 2/13/08 08:42 AM, joshhunsaker wrote: you shouldn't be nominated. too many people obviously think you're hot stuff already. being an underdog is a bit of a different position.

I fit the criteria though. o'well.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Underdog List Feb. 14th, 2008 @ 02:53 AM

At 2/14/08 02:45 AM, dj-pope wrote:
At 2/13/08 08:42 AM, joshhunsaker wrote: you shouldn't be nominated. too many people obviously think you're hot stuff already. being an underdog is a bit of a different position.
I fit the criteria though. o'well.

I had a listen.
You may fit the criteria, but I think your stuff just isn't original enough to be singled out. But let's hear what the other guys think...

BBS Signature