00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

73,031 Views | 512 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:03:51

You shoukld add some more categories, remember Oscar started out with few categories as well so you should be able to increase once time goes on.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:04:31

What a great guy, donating his winnings to other artists like that. +100 respect for Adam Philips!

PS. Nice trophy by the way!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:05:07

At 12/13/07 01:03 PM, ConcorX wrote: I want to nominate Micheal swain for this one! I think he deserves it!
PS i think these should be called 'the Blammys!"

Was thinking that but it sounds negative... Like stuff that should be blammed.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:05:38

I vote for panzers.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:10:01

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: What should we call the trophy?

The Grounders?

''And the winner of the Grounder award is...''

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:10:22

The Newgies, The Shermans, The Tankers, The Bronze Tanks, The Paper Shadows...

The list of possible names are endless...

The Tommies, The Fulp Awards, The 'Everything by Everyone' or 'EBE' Trophies, The 'Everything by Me' or 'EBM' Trophies, The 'Tanks R Us' Trophies, The NGs, The Portal Awards...
Blah, Blah, Blah...

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:10:30

At 12/13/07 12:41 PM, Ejit wrote:
At 12/13/07 12:39 PM, skreetch wrote:
At 12/13/07 12:33 PM, Ledgey wrote: Beautiful :O
I wants one.
Me too
I don't like it too much, too tanklike.

It doesn't follow the proportions of the actual Newgrounds tank.

But if that actually is chocolate then it's worth it.

listen you unappreciative queer, we'd have a REALhard time matching a real world object to the actual logo.

and what the fuck does "too TANKLIKE" mean?

god dammit you'll say you like it and MEAN IT.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:13:12

At 12/13/07 12:56 PM, Zerostar wrote: I know most people are going to disagree with me, but I think the hands-down champion of the leadership award would be f00d, for his work on Dailytoons and Dailytoon 400.

Do you know why most people will disagree? Because daily toons are consistently bad, pointless, and really just a waste of time. I'm predicting Luis will be getting that one, for his sketchbook tour and recent munny competition organization.

The Shermans is pretty good, but I think the name should be something that ties better into newgrounds...I have no clue what, but something...like the fulpies...haha

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:15:22

At 12/13/07 01:13 PM, Coaly wrote:
At 12/13/07 12:56 PM, Zerostar wrote: I know most people are going to disagree with me, but I think the hands-down champion of the leadership award would be f00d, for his work on Dailytoons and Dailytoon 400.
Do you know why most people will disagree? Because daily toons are consistently bad, pointless, and really just a waste of time. I'm predicting Luis will be getting that one, for his sketchbook tour and recent munny competition organization.

The Shermans is pretty good, but I think the name should be something that ties better into newgrounds...I have no clue what, but something...like the fulpies...haha

Hey faggot do you have any idea how much blood sweat and tears we all put into dt400? Especially f00d. After all that work it gets basicly ignored because of stupid pricks like you.

Unlimited poop or salad

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:15:41

O_O OOOO Shiny! Too bad I'm still not good enough in my music to have one. Someday.....

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:17:55

Call them "The Tankies" obviously.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:18:52

I had a random thought and I put "crusher" into an english to latin translator and it came out "frendo".

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:19:11

The trophy is amazing. It should be called the "Golden Cock Joke" award. I feel like this encompasses all of Newgrounds.

Fear Popo Bawa!!!

John Goodman | ¥

while(<>){chomp;print;}

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:19:20

What about "the Newgrounder"?

I know you had a hard time finding the name, but only a few will get the reference...
Finding a great name which would include the 5 categories isn't easy at all, though.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:21:50

At 12/13/07 01:19 PM, malefic-puppy wrote: What about "the Newgrounder"?

I still think that The Grounder is better :D

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:22:36

What exactly is the leadership award for?

Leadership in general on NG? Pioneering flash? Audio? BBS posts?

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:23:54

Woo. I'd like one of those trophies . . . maybe it's time to start contributing some timeconsuming quality masterpieces soon . . .

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:25:00

I think the Tankies definitely is the best bet and there's not much else anyone can come up with. Luis for leadership award, Glorious morning for best song and why oh why is Adam Phillips such a cool guy?

XBL Gamertag: Aeonstarz

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:27:39

whu don't just call it a tank award?
or portal crusher :)

it's seems like a wonderfull prise but I'll
be glad enouhg if I ever get a daily first

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:28:10

At 12/13/07 01:15 PM, Princess-Laucherella wrote: Hey faggot do you have any idea how much blood sweat and tears we all put into dt400? Especially f00d. After all that work it gets basicly ignored because of stupid pricks like you.

Quoted for great justice

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:28:34

Category that should be considered:

Rookie flash artist of the year

Eligibility: At least 3 flah movies and/or games and won at least 1 trophy ( excluding TOD )

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:30:57

At 12/13/07 01:27 PM, Nacco wrote: whu don't just call it a tank award?
or portal crusher :)

it's seems like a wonderfull prise but I'll
be glad enouhg if I ever get a daily first

don't mind the spelling mistakes
( I learn english from amercian soaps and mtv)

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:32:19

You should make it so the same person can't win more than one to make it fair.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:34:05

At 12/13/07 01:32 PM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: You should make it so the same person can't win more than one to make it fair.

I believe the same person should win more than one as long that person deserves it, if the other dude doesn't win then it's tough but he/she can always try again next year.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:35:24

At 12/13/07 01:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/13/07 01:03 PM, ConcorX wrote: I want to nominate Micheal swain for this one! I think he deserves it!
PS i think these should be called 'the Blammys!"
Was thinking that but it sounds negative... Like stuff that should be blammed.

Lol.
call it 'the savies' or something like that then
^^

this captain goes down with his ship

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:36:33

Ho.ly. Shit. You guys step your game up year after year. Seriously, after this post I'm going to drink some coffee, look at that awesome pic again and spit all over my screen because of the sheer awesomeness. I tip my hat to you, Mr. Fulp.
Although I'd love to seen an angry faic statue.

Time to pull some unimaginative names out of my ass! Yaayy!

The Grounds Gold awards? The....*sigh* tankies? >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:37:15

How about calling them "The NewGroummys" ? :P

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:38:01

Some award names:

- Grounder's Pride (GP for short?)
- Territorial Awards (cuz we're all newgrounders, in tanks, conquering stuffs?)
- Ground Breaker Award (GBA, because you'd have to literally break something to make something good enough :3)

Think of some more when they come to me.

To answer your question concerning the audio awards.
The number of flashes that a song has been used in is not entirely a fair measure, but depending on how you look at the audio portal's function that is exactly what it should be.

For example, the audio portal was created first for royalty free music for flash artists to use, if the focus of the portal is still this *despite the fact it's evolved on it's own*, then yes, this is the fair thing to claim. However then you'll get artists no longer focusing on providing dynamic and exciting songs, but more simple and stale pieces useful as background sound. I believe the quality coming into the audio portal would suffer.

If you view the portal like I do, a place for full length tracks and audio artists to reach further every day, then it becomes a much more difficult task to undergo. How to find the one song that deserves such an award? There is no monthly voting system based for songs, and there are now over 10,000 songs submitted just this year, easily.

Without having monthly voting to let users nominate songs they feel are deserving, i'm afraid you can never really make a system most people would be satisfied with.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:41:09

3 categories should be made into the big ones as well

The Big 3

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 13:41:23

Hmmm, my tablet is pretty old and has gone through a lot over the years, but I don't need a new one, that would just be horribly greedy. Tablets are awesome, giving these out is a brilliant idea. Turn our top submitters into even better artists, I LOVE IT. I'd say zekey horribly needs one but he recently got one, so he's set. Hmm...

...enough about tablets, those tank trophies are fucking hawt. I'd love to see one of those in my living room, but I know that will never happen... Trying to think of a good name right now but nothing good is hitting me, will report back later when something pops into my head. $500 a trophy... sheesh... well they look amazing, and an engraved plaque too... *drools*

Also, how nice of Adam to give away his prize money :) My respect for that man only continues to grow ^_^

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature