00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms!

73,019 Views | 512 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 17:57:27

Tiananmen Tankies/Tiananmen Tanks. Dunno Tiananmen Square Is Mad Famous For This Scene With The Tanks. There Can Be Only One Hero (The Single Recipient Of The Trophy). Tiananmen Square Is Famous For Their "Monument To The Heros" Which Features Heros (Artists) From The Revolution, As Well As "The Great Hall Of The People" Monument.

NG's Could Have Its Very Own "Hall Of The Greats" And Such. Well That's All I Got.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:12:06

Audio:

The Reason that the song should be included in the flash is because it gets more views and representation for it. A Great song is a song that someone can listen to and it tells a story, not just D&B syncapation. OR a song that can generate the overall mood of the flash. That is great music.

there are plenty of audio submitions that do that, but still go unnoticed... I think any song should be able to win

Hmmm?

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:12:16

At 12/13/07 05:57 PM, Five3 wrote: Tiananmen Tankies/Tiananmen Tanks.

Hope not.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:16:38

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Also in the spirit of giving, we will be giving Wacom Intuos 3 tablets to a select group of artists.

And of course you offer this not even 2 weeks after I finally saved up enouph money bought my own.
Oh well, I probably wouldn't even have got it anyway. Besides... I shall always be the NG Mullet King! ^^

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:24:43

For the name, I suggest the Blammies :D For music I would choose spooky scary skeletons (or whatever it was called), and for flash probably either waterlollies or spooky scary skeletons. Also, maybe you could make it a democracy. You know, like an election? peeps could vote?

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:26:22

You should call them the ENGEY's. It's both the verbal pronounciation of "NGs" and could stand for "Excellence in Newgrounds' Global Entries, Yearly." Unless you're looking for something humorous, in which case I've got nothing because I'm not funny.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:32:11

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote:
We will be announcing nominees in January. Please respond to this post with your opinion on the following questions:

Ok.

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

I like the Tankies. But how about the Cock Jokes?

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

No, it shouldn't. But, for next year, you could make that a separate category.

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

Movie: the Composer
GameP: SC Guitar Maniac Deluxe 2
GameA: Indestruc2tank

Finally, here's a picture of the trophy!!!

That thing looks sexy.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:42:40

dayyumm nice trophy, too bad my poor ass doesnt have flash

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:45:35

I think we should call the trophies the, "Stevies" Because Steve has always driven the tank throughout the whole 3 episodes of Tankmen. Or, whilst writing this post I just thought of an even better idea! You should just simply just call them the, "Tankmen" or another one which I SERIOUSLY think you should consider, despite not being funny would be the "Newgrounds Emmy"

my opinion = fact

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:47:38

At 12/13/07 06:35 PM, NewShape wrote: why the fuck are people nominating gay bbs mods for NG leadership award.

f0d brought back a controversal series, The SS aren't respected by everybody.

The reason I nominated Luis, is because he is the GOD of Collaborations. He put together the NG sketchbook collab, which costs him a lot of money for shipping and also cost him stress, Flash collabs are one thing, but actual physical art is another.

A Girl in A Room Halloween Collaboration II -Join Now!-

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:49:30

We could call them the Bonaparte Awards.

And in typical award ceremony fashion, the statuettes could have a cutesy nickname. I recommend "Boners."

>:C

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:49:40

Hmm... The First Annual NG Tanky Awards. Has a good ring to it.

The NGTA. ^^

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 18:51:44

At 12/13/07 05:57 PM, Five3 wrote: Tiananmen Tankies/Tiananmen Tanks. Dunno Tiananmen Square Is Mad Famous For This Scene With The Tanks...

I'm all for being edgy, but I fear that's in remarkably poor taste.

>:C

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:02:04

1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

The Ankhs

3) What nominations would you like to make for each of the above categories? These will all be taken under advisement.

1. Movie of the Year
Ankh Goofs Off
2. Game of the Year - Programming
Ankh Goofs Off
3. Game of the Year - Art
Ankh Goofs Off
4. Song of the Year (from Audio Portal)
Uhhhhhh How about Ankh Goofs Off?
5. Leadership Award
Ammat

I'll Eat Your Face

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:04:22

AWESOME! TANK TROPHIES!! I aspire to win the '08 Movie of the Year! :D
Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

Call 'em the Shermans. I like that.

And yes, I think the Song of the Year should have to be featured in a movie to be eligible.

Finally, I think either Adam Phillips or FleckoGold should get Movie of the Year for Waterlollies and Aladdin 3150, respectively. Those were both awesome submissions and deserve and award such as that.
Mindchamber should get Game of the Year (graphics) for Newgrounds Rumble, and Hen7 should get Game of the Year (programming) for Portal: The Flash Version. Although it may have been the other guy that did the programming. I'm not sure.
I don't use the Audio Portal much, and so I'm not sure about Song of the Year, and likewise, not certain about the Leadership Award.

"Perceive that which cannot be seen with the eye." --Miyamoto Musashi

++++++++++++++++++++++

What is this website???

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:08:27

At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...

The Grounder

2) Should the song of the year be required to be featured in a game or movie (like the Oscars)? This would encourage more collaboration on big projects.

No, but a song on another flash project would look nicer than one by itself.

Movie of the year, Game of the year, Artist of the year (not the greatest, but someone who contributed to the community the greatest), Forum Member of the year, Newgrounder of the year (who contributed most to the community, flash portal, game portal, song, reviews, etc).

Finally, here's a picture of the trophy!!!

That looks really sick, imagine a huge one in front of the building.

Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:12:15

Oh coool, i'd love one of those trophies. It looks THE SEX!

As for names... I kinda like the Tankies. Or the Tankman of Awesome. The Bronze Bastard, maybe. What about something like 'T.A.N.Ks' - The Annual Newgrounds... Keepsakes. Can't think of anything decent starting with K. :p

Hmm, it's hard to remember all the games and movies i've seen in the ENTIRE year... i'll have to get thinking about some nominations.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:21:25

Wow! What a trophy! If I was gonna chose from ANY trophy to own THAT would be the one I choose!

Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:32:43

At 12/13/07 07:08 PM, fahrenheit wrote:
At 12/13/07 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) What should we call the trophy? The Tankies? The Shermans? Be creative...
The Grounder

You are the first one to join my proposition =D

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:36:34

At 12/13/07 06:26 PM, Evark wrote: You should call them the ENGEY's. It's both the verbal pronounciation of "NGs" and could stand for "Excellence in Newgrounds' Global Entries, Yearly." Unless you're looking for something humorous, in which case I've got nothing because I'm not funny.

You came back just in time to spit out some awesome answers... very nice ;D

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:36:39

be prepared for mass emails tom! haha

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:44:43

What about simply naming them the newgrounds? This years winner of the best artist newgrounds is,....

Seems so simple, yet very effective in my eyes.

As for that statement you made earlier Tom, about flash needing the next sonic or mario, that's pretty much my current dream. Flash needs more larger scale projects rather then creative games that last 5 minutes. Flash isn't limited to that, "New Super Mario Bros' could have been done in flash, it would have been a lot of work but it's possible. That's my ultimate goal, I've been inspired to hear you speak exactly what it is I've wanted to do for years.

Also the idea of giving an award to the most progressing author is a very good idea. Maybe an auther who gets his or her game up to the top 50 and nobody had any idea who they are.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 19:48:13

Well, a few ideas for names (probably already said):

The Picos
The Tankmen
The Tankies
The Flashies
The Cocks/Penises/Dicks (I put this last because I didn't think you would want to call them that)

I can't wait until the voting begins, and the awards are given out!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 20:03:32

At 12/13/07 12:55 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/13/07 12:51 PM, Incognitus wrote: American tank-based names for the award seem appropriate. How about the Abrams? Or The Chaffees?
It's tough because I think our logo looks the most like a Sherman:

lol nice!

Need a sig? PM me if you want one :D

BBS Signature

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 20:04:48

Maybe there should be an artist of the year, who may not submit much flash but is exceptional in making art pictures like in the art forum or something.

:U

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 20:10:53

I NOMINATE LUIS CASTAÑON FOR THE NEWGROUNDS LEADERSHIP AWARD!

because:
he organized the NG sketchbook 2007
he organized the NG london meetup 2007
he organized the NG Toronto meetup 2007

he is organizing the NG munny project
he is organizing the Pass My Flash collab
he is organizing the second NG london meetup

so those are enough reasons for me.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 20:11:12

The Newbies!

:end game idea

P.S. check out my flash on the strike called Dear Santa.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 20:13:28

Thankyou Mr. Fulp, thankyou Newgrounds , thankyou very much for giving us that opportunity of owning a Wacom. Already sent my info, I hope to qualify. That trophy looks just perfect!

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 20:14:00

How about we call them, "The Blammies" since they desevre to blam flashes they do not find good enough.

Plus, it sounds like Grammies. 'nuff said.

Response to Tank Trophies and Free Wacoms! 2007-12-13 20:15:21

If I actually get a tablet, ill stop smoking weed.