00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Template88 supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doodlage

109,728 Views | 970 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-16 14:09:01

Man do i have doodles, haven't posted anything in a while so the doodles stacked up, i took pictures of the good ones, lets see if it'll let me triple post,

and bizzaro i don't remember if i mentioned it but i checked out your cathouse or catsign don't remember name exactly thread. Thats some pretty sweet stuff, i'm horrible at drawing on a computer and my anatomy is a little shotty, otherwise i'd join in on the fun, but cool shit

any way heres some doodles

Doodlage

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-16 14:10:05

thought this turned out pretty cool, starting to practice more and get better at anatomy, it's a personal goal of mine, but yeah kinda cool

Doodlage

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-16 14:11:25

This started as a doodle during one of those stupid standardized tests, easy as hell so i finish them with like a half hour to spare, so some good drawing ensured

but started as a doodle than liked it so added some color later on

Doodlage

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-17 02:15:33

I like the style and jeans look pretty good

I will eventually get around to putting something here. for the meantime here is a link to my portfolio

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-17 19:25:41

heres a doodle of mine.
its my rendition of someone elses drawing of johnny rocketfingers. i did draw this though. i made the wing for no reason, im thinking about drawing the same johnny with big ass wings on his back, eh. this is my first actual art post since i have a scanner now, and also my first real attempt at art itself. tell me what you think.

Doodlage

i dare you to click my sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-17 19:32:58

At 1/17/08 11:28 AM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 1/16/08 02:11 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: This started as a doodle during one of those stupid standardized tests, easy as hell so i finish them with like a half hour to spare, so some good drawing ensured

but started as a doodle than liked it so added some color later on
Ah I would like to kill for your Wonderfully abstract,brizarro surrealism drawing talents. I actually like your kind of "handwriting" you put into your art! I would really like to try it out if i can manage to closely emulate that Curvy,skewerd and sometimes bumpy lines. and maybe bizarro's style to since He does tend to get a LOT of intension and fame here.

Thanks, well i'm a little envious of your anatomy and ability to draw cool figures just by looking at them (assuming you look at things, if you just do it out of your head thats even cooler) so we can both be a little envious of eachother

and i think no ones ever completely satisfied with their art, theres always someone your jealous of, i'm jealous of alot of artists for different little things, it's about studying those little things and getting better at it :-D

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-17 21:34:03

Trying to work on my lettering instead of doing classwork, i love graffiti and really good friends with some great graf artists, so i want to try and improve my lettering

any feedback suggestions would be great from you guys

oh and the names Mitns (mittens) i dunno i just like it

but yea my letterings a little wack so i aim to improve!

Doodlage

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-17 21:36:52

Another one, think i like this one more, not sure, just trying out styles and trying to improve, practice makes perfect

Doodlage

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-18 00:51:40

dug up some old doodles from highschool. these are about 4 years old now.

Doodlage

I will eventually get around to putting something here. for the meantime here is a link to my portfolio

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-18 00:55:29

here is another page from the same Biology notebook

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-18 01:17:00

had a little trouble with the file size on this one. not sure why. so after some fucking around with image quality and size here it is:

page three from my biology notebook. (somehow I managed a 97 in that class even with all the time spent filling my notebook with this crap) if you look closely you can see superduck, a character which I made a series of short comics about, being electrocuted by an electric fence. if I were ever to bother to learn flash and submit my own content the misadventures of superduck would most likely be my first few submissions.

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-18 01:33:19

Heh do I actually see one of the monsters from those old Godzilla movies?It's just something besides the design really seem to remind of that for a reason alittle.Were you by anychance an fan of those movies?

How many pages of doodles do you have for your high school years and maybe present?What else appears on your's?

yes, that was my inspiration but a pretty crude representaion. I made an ms paint version that I was much more proud of (it served as my desktop backround for years) but unfortunately it was accidentally deleted.

4 pages that I can find. I just submitted the third a second ago and here is the fourth.

*DISCLAIMER* I'm submitting this page not so much for artistic quality as to show how much I actually doodled in that class

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-18 02:37:34

here's a few odd creatures I've made. not really sure where some of the ideas came for some of these...

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-18 02:46:12

I seem to be flooding my thread with old doodles right now (maybe cause everyone else is sleeping at 2:44am) so I'll post one more and show the rest of my stuff over the next few days.

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-18 09:36:24

lol l cant creat it too hard

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-19 20:21:59

I lost a lot of my doodles because teachers caught me all the time :'(

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-20 15:33:37

It's not an Problem I actually like the doodles you are drawing some of them I find quite funny and they look really fun to draw even abit not so detailed as well Which I bet you had!They have alot going on there How did you do it?

mostly they're just built up over time. I kept getting in trouble for turning in assignments and tests with doodles on them so I started doodling on blank pages in the back of my notebook. I kept doodling on the same pages until I would run out of room and go to a new page. Eventually I had about a yaers worth of doodles on about 5 pages.

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-20 17:44:13

ok so I've been looking at this thread for a little bit now and I like what I see....

I'm a dragon freak, so I figured I'd share a dragon with you guys. Lemme know what you think huh?

Doodlage

If you can't stand the heat then don't tickle the dragon

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-20 20:23:12

At 1/17/08 09:34 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Trying to work on my lettering instead of doing classwork, i love graffiti and really good friends with some great graf artists, so i want to try and improve my lettering

any feedback suggestions would be great from you guys

oh and the names Mitns (mittens) i dunno i just like it

but yea my letterings a little wack so i aim to improve!

They look great captain ben, but you have a 3-D look on em, and the letters are facing forward. Try changing perspective.

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-20 20:25:22

At 1/20/08 05:44 PM, Draconianspirit wrote: ok so I've been looking at this thread for a little bit now and I like what I see....

I'm a dragon freak, so I figured I'd share a dragon with you guys. Lemme know what you think huh?

and right XD forgot to add some things in there. lol. I drew this during my science class....so it was originally a doodle, that became a full fledged art piece.

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-22 01:40:35

shit man that dragon is sweet. more detailed than I was expecting. I've never tried to draw a dragon above the "cartoon" level.

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-22 05:41:24

I doodle alot at my class. Well I will post some of my stuff soon.

KING OF KRAZY WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-23 00:50:19

watch out! dk is pissed lol

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-23 00:53:32

hey I just found a pocket sized notebook from highschool that is literally filled with nothing but doodles. I'll start uploading pages tomorow because I'm too lazy right now.

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-23 06:37:42

At 1/14/08 12:15 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Well this kind started of as like an doodle first but I would like to know what I could do about the anatomy on this one.

I wouldn´t worry so much about it, because that "flat" composition combined with the color choice and the faceless heads gives it an arty feeling. It looks like a mural of a fitness center built in the ´80´s.
Anyway, if you want to go serious about improving your figures, I´d suggest you to start practising to build your figures using basic shapes. That´s the method that almost every learn-how-to-draw book are using. I highly suggest you the Loomis one I told you before. But there´s a drawback to this method, if you´re not going to ink your drawings, is almost impossible to erase the extra lines.
You seem to be really inspired when depicting Nintendo characters... I loved that you have drawn Daisy in the Donkey Kong outfit. Yeah, she looks like a chubby slut, but it´s adorable. Make more girls like that. (Hey, why don´t you try Ice Climber next?).
Whoa... I´ll have to go brief on the rest...
Captain-Ben, way to go. Fancy that floating crown.
Flap-Doodlez, you´re the man who lives up the good-old tradition of oldschool doodling. Bring them all right here.
Draconian-Spirit... How did you made it to not getting caught in that one?. I first thought that you traced the Eldest cover... Anyway it´s nice, but I´ve seen you´ve uploaded that image like three times or so. Be careful with that, girl. Hope to see more of you here.

Well, sorry if I forgot somebody. Here´s another sheet.
(Did anybody know what´s Dookie doing, lately?)

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-23 15:15:25

thanks Joe. your drawings all look pretty bad ass and remind me of one's that a couple guys I used to know in highschool would do. I'm heading out to work now but I'll be on to post some more doodles when I get out at midnight.

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-23 15:20:10

At 1/22/08 11:10 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Yeah Just for the sake of posting this since I did this as like an doodle in my Child Development class. Hopefully I don't have to carry that plastic baby with everywhere I go. I would hate trying to sleep with it's crying.

Best one yet.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-24 00:29:54

just got out of work and now I'm posting pages from that pocket notebook I was talking about earlier

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-24 00:35:28

more pages

Doodlage

Response to Doodlage 2008-01-24 00:39:32

...and more

Doodlage