00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

macybluetwo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 50 Protectors List

308,989 Views | 3,291 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-13 09:57:15

At 8/12/08 09:56 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 8/4/08 04:00 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/3/08 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Always do, but I was particularly hungry for some updateage, so it really hit the spot on that eve.
Wow, deprive Greg of list updatage and he goes like a rabid dog... I'll note that down for future use.
.... I don't see how being particularly hungry equates with being LIKE A RABID DOG, but... okay. You just go ahead and try to use that against me. #;-}>

You want to spend some time in quarantine when you go to a foreign country?!

But is it just me or have you made part 1 that for 3 straight updates or so? #;-}>
Only 2. It probably won't survive for a third.
Ah, I was exaggeramating just a bit, I sees.

You need to watch yourself a little there, or like with George W. Bush, people will go misunderestimating you :P

I thought I knew what was coming, and ye didn't fail to disappoint.
*bows* glad you liked it. I thought about that for a while, but what with the whole demon / devil reference, I thought what the hey.
Bah. Who cares what that anti-satanist-mothers organisation thinks!

Since you mentioned them, does that mean that you do?

That's right, I insinuated that you were a sympathiser!

Better ye are. Now. BUT I WOULDA GIVEN YOU A RUN FOR YER MONEY back in my day, let me tell you, mister devil man, sir.
Maybe we should do the second part then, cos it's been a few years since you B/Ped, but give you half a minute and you'll get your laptop up!
Or better still, this new desktop here. She hasn't met a flash that can slow her down yet (whereas the laptop is starved for RAM, and Dell hasn't sent us the $50.00 gift card we were supposed to get along with this new desktop back at the start of June (6-8 weeks my ASS!)... need it to buy 2 gigs of RAM for the laptop, which has 256 megs right now. Yeah, not even 512. ;_;).

I remember when 8 megs of RAM was a lot.

I saw my girlfriend's best friend's computer the other day - her mum's boyfriend was rebuilding it, having removed the 8Mb ram card. It looked cute, in a geeky sort of way.

My ol' 486 66mhz back in 1994. :::sighs:::

Woah, looks like we might be losing him. Bahamut, get the smelling salts!

Doesn't matter. Dogma's gonna fall off, that's what it boils down to.
If only I could get enough saves to have C0GMA knock him off :P
Now that would make Dogma's falling off somehow seem a bit more acceptable. Just a bit, though. #;-}>

Yeah, I don't think I'll get a chance to knock him out of the top 300, the way that account is going :P

If we get more than 250,000 more Saves by the next update, I'll be impressed. To get to 3.7mil, we'd need another 600,000 Saves - highly unlikely.
Whew.

But what about the Clock Day effect that is... QUITE IMMINENT at the moment?

Relax - we won't reach 3.6mil. I'll even bet you good money that we don't

I've got 2 days off before the day itself. Wednesday for a wedding and Thursday for a hangover. Then I'll be winding up for it!
CLOCK TIEMS.

Ah, the wonder of puns.

One less person between me and thee tonight. I've stopped Voidist from being ranked 40th for both Saves and B/P. I'm now the 40th most prolific saviour of all time
Poor lil' Voidist. ;_;

But congrats to you.

Thanks. I've passed DonDoli yesterday and iscrulz today as well, to rub some salt into some old veterans.

Next up - nouveau X-Naut and the late great Major-punk

Care to jam?
I don't feel like doing the butt-scoot boogie right now, but thanks for offering.
Sorry, crossing the international punchline there. I should have said "care to jelly" *holds up raspberry preserve* I've just made some toast...
Uh... I know the other meaning of "jam," dude... but to my rock 'n' roll inclined mind, jam means "unscripted band noodling" by default, that's all. #;-}>

Oh okay, we can "unscripted band noodle" afterwards, k?

At 8/7/08 02:29 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/3/08 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
You know how offended I get when I'm called a human. :P
Heh.

"Ensign, what is your name?
Hugh Man, sir!
Hugh Man? That's a safe sounding name. Take these firing codes to the central computer. Kiff, that young ensign is one of the brightest talents I've seen in a while. He's gunning for your job."

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-14 03:45:20

At 8/7/08 03:19 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/7/08 11:22 AM, TheDepthsofHell wrote: yep, and hopefully i will. so, barring a lapse in memory and forgetting clock day or something, i should be the 25th person to hit 30k saves and hopefully at the same time i'll sit firmly in the top 25. only time will tell now.
Good man, this is the sort of dedication that I've come to get used to on this fine list :) If only we could get the Blammers to wake up and start getting some great points as well...

unfortunately, the 15th happens to be my move in day for college and i'm going to miss a majority of clock day. shit. oh well. maybe 26th to reach 30k? depending on how much ground gfoxcook catches up on clock day.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-14 08:10:33

At 8/14/08 03:45 AM, TheDepthsofHell wrote: unfortunately, the 15th happens to be my move in day for college and i'm going to miss a majority of clock day. shit. oh well. maybe 26th to reach 30k? depending on how much ground gfoxcook catches up on clock day.

Well, some times Clock Day must pass us by. It's unfortunate, but I've stacked up some Karma from my first three Clock Days, barely getting more than 100 Points on '04, '05 and '06 combined. '07 Really was my awakening with regards to this, so maybe '08 will be another explosive year for me :)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-14 08:15:31

Seeing as I likely won't be on the BBS much tomorrow due to some heavy portal camping, I just wanted to wish all you guys a happy clock day for tomorrow, and despite the save-happy nature of the day itself, hopefully we'll all get at least one blam ;P

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-14 08:35:11

At 8/14/08 08:15 AM, NEVR wrote: Seeing as I likely won't be on the BBS much tomorrow due to some heavy portal camping, I just wanted to wish all you guys a happy clock day for tomorrow, and despite the save-happy nature of the day itself, hopefully we'll all get at least one blam ;P

Portal camping? Haven't you heard of tabbed browsing?!

I'll have one tab for the portal, one for my profile, one for the BBS and I'll probably have MS Excel open, so I can get an update done on the Blammers List. After all, there won't be much going on there, so the stats will be accurate :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-14 08:43:37

At 8/14/08 08:35 AM, Coop83 wrote: Portal camping? Haven't you heard of tabbed browsing?!

Heh, yeah, but I normally only have two tabs: one for NG and one for NG Log. I guess I could always add a third for BBSing, but we'll see how crazy the day is first.

I'll have one tab for the portal, one for my profile, one for the BBS and I'll probably have MS Excel open, so I can get an update done on the Blammers List. After all, there won't be much going on there, so the stats will be accurate :P

I want to get onto the Blammers list, but I'm such a long way off, and it's not exactly easy to get blams these days. That being said, I've been getting slightly more blams than normal lately... I hope the tide is turning in that respect.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 06:26:33

At 8/13/08 09:57 AM, Coop83 wrote: Thanks. I've passed DonDoli yesterday and iscrulz today as well, to rub some salt into some old veterans.

How dare you pass me you dirty rotten jew rat bastard. And to pass my dear old efriend Double D. IAm going to crush Clock Day records by get 92 % of the saves today. You will see me in 36th place. Then eons ahead of you.
Also tDoH wont have a chance of passing me.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 06:36:20

At 8/15/08 06:26 AM, iscrulz wrote: IAm going to crush Clock Day records

Haha, I've seen you talking about 'crushing' a lot today. IS IT WEIRD THAT IT'S TURNING ME ON? O_o

I'm going to CRUSH your save total for the day, iscrulz. Just you wait ;P

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 07:25:10

I'll be gone by 10 so I'll just have to rack up as much as possible until then.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 09:30:21

this is the smallest turnout of clockday flash ever

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 11:04:38

At 8/15/08 09:30 AM, Toocool100 wrote: this is the smallest turnout of clockday flash ever

I'm guessing that the rule about only being able to submit two flashes per day on the same account will be partially responsible therefor.

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 11:18:48

At 8/15/08 11:04 AM, Perceptor wrote:
At 8/15/08 09:30 AM, Toocool100 wrote: this is the smallest turnout of clockday flash ever
I'm guessing that the rule about only being able to submit two flashes per day on the same account will be partially responsible therefor.

Not really. Last year I nearly had 700 saves at the end of clock day. Now I "only" have 360.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 12:11:50

At 8/15/08 07:25 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I'll be gone by 10 so I'll just have to rack up as much as possible until then.

Similar situation here. I will be in and out all day. So far "only" about 50 saves for me today. Far short of the 350+ possibles.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 17:36:21

i hope this one turns out better then the last last year i only got 350 points or something like that school got in the way(as it did today but i had homework on that day and i cant get on comp until its done) plus last year i had voted 0 on everything that raced in thinking it was a spamming event turned out once i saw everything was passing i said heck with it and voted 5 >_> lol but this year im at 200 already with still 7 hours to go so hopefully i can do better then last year

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 21:26:47

At 8/15/08 12:11 PM, zimzap wrote:
At 8/15/08 07:25 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I'll be gone by 10 so I'll just have to rack up as much as possible until then.
Similar situation here. I will be in and out all day. So far "only" about 50 saves for me today. Far short of the 350+ possibles.

Sorry to say i think i cought up to you, 514 saves and counting. Oh and how could i forget my 2 blams.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-15 21:47:43

At 8/15/08 09:26 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
At 8/15/08 12:11 PM, zimzap wrote:
At 8/15/08 07:25 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:

:Oh and how could i forget my 2 blams.

i wonder who aquired the most blams today so far with this being such a blam free day obviously they are hard to come by so far i got 3 so im beating you :P about 470 saves though lol

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 00:05:50

1,266 Saves for Clock Day,truely amazing.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 02:16:37

At 8/16/08 12:13 AM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote:
At 8/16/08 12:05 AM, Molotov wrote: 1,266 Saves for Clock Day,truely amazing.
I didn't get half that. Damn you.

i dident either i got about 550 :( dang you school dang you i could have easily logged in 5 or more hours on this event if it took place on a weekend day like saturday and not friday oh well at least next clock day is just that... on a saturday :P

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 05:19:37

At 8/15/08 06:26 AM, iscrulz wrote:
At 8/13/08 09:57 AM, Coop83 wrote: Thanks. I've passed DonDoli yesterday and iscrulz today as well, to rub some salt into some old veterans.
How dare you pass me you dirty rotten jew rat bastard.

I never knew you cared :P

And to pass my dear old efriend Double D.

Kill or be killed, my friend.

I am going to crush Clock Day records by get 92 % of the saves today. You will see me in 36th place. Then eons ahead of you.

As far as I'm concerned 550 Saves is hardly Eons ahead. I'll catch you, but now I shall focus my attentions upon people like pepeatumi

At 8/15/08 11:04 AM, Perceptor wrote: I'm guessing that the rule about only being able to submit two flashes per day on the same account will be partially responsible therefor.

I thought that the rule about that was in force last year? Maybe I'm just getting old and it's all melding into one for me...

Sick standings, but I'm happy with my 801 for the day. Next year, maybe I'll get the 1,000. Who knows?

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 08:14:51

Congrats Molotov. I had to get some sleep by the end of it (wasn't about to stay up until 5am GMT to catch the back end of the submission frenzy), but I still got a very respectable 1,131.

I'm really looking forward to the next update of this list now. There's gonna be some crazy moves.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 09:38:50

In my case, I only managed to get about 300 or so; to be honest though, seeing as I'd have needed to sit on the computer all day doing nothing else, I'm not overly concerned. My personal ethos is that it's nice to get that kind of boost, but not to obsess about it.

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 09:50:48

I got 786 saves yesterday. I´m delighted to see that the requirements for top 50 have barely changed at all. Marcus only got like ... 20 saves yesterday I think and nobody passed him. So now I´m only about 500 points away from top 50 entry. I should be there in 2~3 weeks :)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 15:13:57

At 8/15/08 11:18 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/15/08 11:04 AM, Perceptor wrote:
Not really. Last year I nearly had 700 saves at the end of clock day. Now I "only" have 360.

Seems as if my memory has played a trick on me. I was under the impression I got 700 saves last year. But I checked my posts and found out that I actually only had 493 saves. This year I had about 490... so, wasn't that bad for me, actually. ^^

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 15:32:46

At 8/16/08 03:13 PM, Haggard wrote: Seems as if my memory has played a trick on me. I was under the impression I got 700 saves last year. But I checked my posts and found out that I actually only had 493 saves. This year I had about 490... so, wasn't that bad for me, actually. ^^

It did SEEM a lot slower throughout the day, though... more like a steady trickle of submissions rather than a crazy explosion. I remember previous clock days being much more insane.

Still, in terms of all my past clock days, this one was the best in terms of save gains. My first clock day (2005) I got ~400 saves (I don't remember the exact figure); my 2nd clock day (2007 -- I missed the one in '06) I got 835 saves; and this one I got 1,131.

All in all, a good day for saves, but now we have to make sure that people are voting properly in the portal and not on a "clock day basis". Like I said before though, really looking forward to the next update of this list. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 16:25:25

At 8/16/08 03:32 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/16/08 03:13 PM, Haggard wrote: Seems as if my memory has played a trick on me. I was under the impression I got 700 saves last year. But I checked my posts and found out that I actually only had 493 saves. This year I had about 490... so, wasn't that bad for me, actually. ^^
It did SEEM a lot slower throughout the day, though... more like a steady trickle of submissions rather than a crazy explosion. I remember previous clock days being much more insane.

I remember that last clock day was quite intense. The Portal Guard wouldn't stop showing up, so I didn't do much else while I was on the computer. I simply kept refreshin the portal and voted on the new entries. This year, I even found the time to play some games and only switching every now and then back to the portal to cast my votes.

Also, I read the numbers on NG log wrong this morning... it didn't say "490", but "430"... oh well. 430 isn't bad at all. But far away from what I hoped I would get.

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-16 20:53:19

At 8/16/08 04:25 PM, Haggard wrote: I remember that last clock day was quite intense. The Portal Guard wouldn't stop showing up, so I didn't do much else while I was on the computer. I simply kept refreshin the portal and voted on the new entries.

Yeah exactly. Basically didn't have time to move last year. I was only around for about half the day last year, but managed to pull in 835 points in all, which is still a pretty big deal (at least it was for me).

This year, I even found the time to play some games and only switching every now and then back to the portal to cast my votes.

I was predicting that I wouldn't get onto the BBS at all yesterday, but like you, I managed to play some games, watch some videos on youtube, and chat on AIM to other people who were sharing the clock day fun.

Also, I read the numbers on NG log wrong this morning... it didn't say "490", but "430"... oh well. 430 isn't bad at all. But far away from what I hoped I would get.

Still something to be pleased about man :)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-17 15:12:20

At 8/16/08 03:13 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 8/15/08 11:18 AM, Haggard wrote: Not really. Last year I nearly had 700 saves at the end of clock day. Now I "only" have 360.
Seems as if my memory has played a trick on me. I was under the impression I got 700 saves last year. But I checked my posts and found out that I actually only had 493 saves. This year I had about 490... so, wasn't that bad for me, actually. ^^

That's not as bad as you thought indeed. I think that you can make preperations for the next Clock day and set yourself up for a good day at the office. I should be well past the 50k B/P by then, which might get me moving nicely inside the top 40 or even 30 by this time next year.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-17 16:11:53

Where I live, 08/15 is a holiday. So I have time to watch the portal all day. Needless to say, I did protect a lot of clock movies that day. I'm not going to tell how much protection points I had, but it was more then a thousand. LOL
I remember sleeping half the day away after that. :D

Get your life back!

--- "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one", Friedrich Nietzsche ---

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-18 15:26:06

Ok, ok...I see that Coop got me in almost all the categories since my laptop could not load in China for whatever reason. I congratulate him on achieving those goals albeit my absence made his job so much easier. But I am back to school and NG is backkkkk, so be aware, Coop, I am watching your back.
I might be down, but I will never be out. >:)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-08-18 16:35:12

At 8/17/08 04:11 PM, Ehwaz003 wrote: Where I live, 08/15 is a holiday. So I have time to watch the portal all day. Needless to say, I did protect a lot of clock movies that day. I'm not going to tell how much protection points I had, but it was more then a thousand. LOL

You get all the breaks :P

I remember sleeping half the day away after that. :D

I slept maybe an hour extra, but had to spend the day after helping a friend to get his house ready.

At 8/18/08 03:26 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Ok, ok...I see that Coop got me in almost all the categories since my laptop could not load in China for whatever reason.

Not sanctioned to work within the People's Republic of China = contraband :P

I congratulate him on achieving those goals albeit my absence made his job so much easier.

Like it wasn't going to happen anyway ;)

But I am back to school and NG is backkkkk, so be aware, Coop, I am watching your back.

Thanks, but Dakka942 has that job at the moment.

I might be down, but I will never be out. >:)

So, win any medals in China? I know that we're only behind the USA due to a certain Michael Phelps and we're behind China on a large degree of funding, but when you've got 1.3 billion people focussed on winning gold, then it's tough for those who aren't from China.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature