00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TimeGoblin just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Where is/How to? Memberlist

108,773 Views | 1,135 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-14 21:29:50

Months-old Baha-post replyage...

At 9/15/09 04:26 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 7/10/09 01:09 AM, NEVR wrote: Makes sense, though... and even though they got onto the memberlist in a unique way, they shall forever be excluded from iscrulz's list! Aww.
Let's not forget the first 20 members when there wasn't even a Regulars List at the time. :P

Indeed. I keep saying things like that, but no one listens. Maybe they'll listen when we both remind them at the same time (I'm hoping the last time I reminded 'em was around 9/15!)

At 7/17/09 02:35 AM, gfoxcook wrote: People may not remember, but early on in the Regular list, there was a brief Members vs. Regulars vs. Mods triple stat list competition of sorts.
Ah, those were the days and the time when I entered the Regulars List. Well, that was during the last few months but still.

Ah, it was probably back in July that I last talked about it, then.

Yep, them's were the daaaaaays.

January 2010, man. Good compromise between when you wanna have it and when iscrulz wants to have it.
Here's an idea, I'll hold another one whenever I feel we have a good number of potentials to enter the list. Now isn't a good time since the amount of good potentials has been rather dry this month so far.

damn you for jumping the gun just 31 days early. You said you'd make this up to me in a few months, and I'll hold you to that, snagdabbit! #;-}>

That may be what specifically happened at that point for those two.... but remember: there wasn't always a regulars' list, and members before the list existed certainly were never regulars.
I was talking about just Casualty and Coop, dammit!

heheheh. Don't tell me I was correcting you back in July about the same thing you just corrected NEVR on... and you claim you didn't need the correction. #;-}>

At 7/19/09 08:04 PM, iscrulz wrote:
At 7/8/09 05:33 PM, Bahamut wrote: Nah, April is too far away. 3 - 5 months is good enough depending on activity.
I say then Jan. 2010 3-5 months is too close based or not based on activity
We'll see how the forum is in January. Don't be surprised if I decide to hold one beforehand, though.

AND THERE HE GOES, FOLKS. HE CALLED HIS SHOT. And delivered!

And now it's arguing over you hating FF.
I will never give up hating FF thats a fact.
No, you have to stop someday. And besides, I already know you're a fan of the franchise.

lol. Yeah....

At 7/19/09 08:08 PM, iscrulz wrote: I feel like an old timer, too and stuff but, Dayum the name changes were awesome like my Social Security Numbers and the fads Bahamut, Afro_Stud and Cooper had.
Although I don't recall you joining this fad but let's not forget the 0GMA fad. Afro_Stud was H0GMA, Coop was C0GMA and I was B0GMA. There was also harryjarry with FR0GMA and there might have been one other guy who hopped on the bandwagon but the name escapes me now.

I remember iscrulz's social security number usernames. You got in trouble for that, actually, didntcha Izzy. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-14 22:27:30

At 12/1/09 11:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: The votes for the latest Wi/Ht? Member List election have been tallied and two more people have made the list. Thanks to those who voted for this Member List election.

Hm, I saw that on the online memberlist much earlier than this update, so I wondered what was up with that. But thanks for confirming it.

And the winners are:

#46 reverend
#47 byteslinger

Oh cool, my top choices made the list.

Congrats to the both of you and I look forward to how the Wi/Ht? Member and Regulars List handle in the 2010's.

One can only hope.

Top medal point users (updated Sundays) | Wi/Ht member #43

Steam ID

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-15 09:16:21

At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Thanks to both of our new members for having banners in their profiles so I could easily get their user id#s! Much appreciated, as always.

I noticed how you ever said that after every update :P
Most people have banners in their user pages, but just in case, this tool (made by citricsquid) can get you anyone's user ID. It might be useful in the future ;)

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-17 00:02:30

"Current status: absent"

Damn straight.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-22 03:55:45

At 12/14/09 10:27 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote:
At 12/1/09 11:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: The votes for the latest Wi/Ht? Member List election have been tallied and two more people have made the list. Thanks to those who voted for this Member List election.
Hm, I saw that on the online memberlist much earlier than this update, so I wondered what was up with that. But thanks for confirming it.

Saw what on the online memberlist? O_o

You mean the web listing I update? There's no way my website woulda shown you the new members before Bahamut posted them, since for one thing, I didn't update it till like 2 weeks after the fact. So I guess you prolly mean something else... o_O

At 12/15/09 09:16 AM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Thanks to both of our new members for having banners in their profiles so I could easily get their user id#s! Much appreciated, as always.
I noticed how you ever said that after every update :P

Yes, because I always appreciate it. #;-}>

Most people have banners in their user pages, but just in case, this tool (made by citricsquid) can get you anyone's user ID. It might be useful in the future ;)

Back in the days right after the redesign, it was sometimes more of an issue getting an ID, since banners were perhaps not as widespread, even among regular/bbs users of NG as banners are now... but yes, most do.

As for that site, I think someone's linked me to it before, but I hadn't tried it out. I just tried it out on 37.newgrounds.com as he doesn't have any banners, profile pics, or nothin', and sure enough, it pulled what seems like a likely id# for him based on his sign-up date.

Excellent! #;-}>

I still like the old fashioned way.... and I still wish neither was necessary b/c profiles could still be accessed by id# instead of just by username, but ah well!

At 12/17/09 12:02 AM, absent wrote: "Current status: absent"

Damn straight.

Heh. Glad you liked my personalised touch there for ya. #;-}>

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-22 10:52:41

Just wondering if I qualify for the membership list? I certainly meet all of the criteria, I may not be as helpful as some, but I certainly try wherever possible. How about at least thinking about it. Cheers, GJ.

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-22 20:34:40

At 12/1/09 11:54 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 12/1/09 11:52 AM, Bahamut wrote: And the winners are:

#46 reverend
#47 byteslinger
Wow, 47 of us now? Looks like we're going to need another extension for the Member's club.

And then make yet another extension when we have too much of this extension? :P Yes, we do have quite a lot of people on the list but it has to happen as the list goes on.

At 12/1/09 12:55 PM, reverend wrote: Yeah, my username was a last minute change before the redesign lockdown. Ah well.

You best keep that lowercase r as it looks better. Lowercase b doesn't look good with my name so I have every right to have the capital B. Infact, I once tried using lowercase b but that didn't last long.

At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: 20:35 - Bahamut: BTW, Wi/Ht? Member List changes
20:35 - gfox: already?
20:35 - gfox: it's December, you were supposed to wait for January, damnit!
20:35 - gfox: heh.,
20:35 - Bahamut: nope :P
20:36 - gfox: shoulda let the vote go till 12/31.
20:36 - Bahamut: naw :D
20:36 - gfox: then they coulda had 01/01/2010 induction dates.
20:36 - gfox: you bastard, robbing them of that. ;_;
20:36 - Bahamut: haha

Hey, we had to let the 2000s go with a bang and I thought that was the best thing to do for this forum. However, maybe I could have introduced one new member in December and then another in January. Oh well, too late to think that. :P

At 12/1/09 11:54 AM, Coop83 wrote:
#46 reverend
#47 byteslinger
Wow, 47 of us now? Looks like we're going to need another extension for the Member's club.
I'm hoping Bahamut will be expanding it to 50 with the next update. Goddamned odd numbers of us!

That indeed works and three more members there shall be in the future.

At 12/14/09 09:29 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 9/15/09 04:26 PM, Bahamut wrote: Let's not forget the first 20 members when there wasn't even a Regulars List at the time. :P
Indeed. I keep saying things like that, but no one listens. Maybe they'll listen when we both remind them at the same time (I'm hoping the last time I reminded 'em was around 9/15!)

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Perhaps I need to make a little history on the Wi/Ht? Regulars List. For starters, the first ever Regulars List update was right here.

Here's an idea, I'll hold another one whenever I feel we have a good number of potentials to enter the list. Now isn't a good time since the amount of good potentials has been rather dry this month so far.
damn you for jumping the gun just 31 days early. You said you'd make this up to me in a few months, and I'll hold you to that, snagdabbit! #;-}>

Screw you. Whatever I say goes here. XP Well, unless you take my rights away to run the Member List elections just for saying that, lol.

Although I don't recall you joining this fad but let's not forget the 0GMA fad. Afro_Stud was H0GMA, Coop was C0GMA and I was B0GMA. There was also harryjarry with FR0GMA and there might have been one other guy who hopped on the bandwagon but the name escapes me now.
I remember iscrulz's social security number usernames. You got in trouble for that, actually, didntcha Izzy. #;-}>

Really now?

Damn straight.

I always suggested your status should have been marked as absent and I'm glad gfox finally took my suggestion.

At 12/22/09 10:52 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Just wondering if I qualify for the membership list? I certainly meet all of the criteria, I may not be as helpful as some, but I certainly try wherever possible. How about at least thinking about it. Cheers, GJ.

Thanks for taking interest in the Wi/Ht? Member List but this is an exclusive club where the members decide who should be the next additions to the list but these days they are taken from the Wi/Ht? Regulars List due to a reflection of the current active users in the forum (well, kinda :P).

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-24 03:08:24

At 12/1/09 01:22 PM, Fro wrote: Surprisingly I forgot to vote for you for some odd reason and you had been my number one choice. I have no clue why I accidentally skipped over your name and I hadn't realized it to well after I sent out my votes. Looks like it didn't matter though. Welcome!

Umm. . . Thanks? :P

At 12/1/09 01:22 PM, Auz wrote: Congrats to reverend and byteslinger! Two nice new additions to this list.

Thank ya!

At 12/2/09 02:07 PM, Sonofkirk wrote: Awesome, two users that I supported during the election process. Congrats to both of you for the good job on the Wi/Ht last months.

Thanks

At 12/3/09 04:54 PM, byteslinger wrote: Wow! I am honored to have been voted into the Wi/Ht? Member List. My thanks to all of you who voted me in - I do appreciate it! And, of course, congrats to reverend for also being voted in - I am certainly in good company!

Nah, I'm in good company.

At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: CONGRATS, REVEREND AND BYTESLINGER. Already congratted rev on his userpage, but byte's latest newspost is locked, so... I'll give her a 2nd one in a sec here. #;-}>

Thanks again.

Pfft. Be proud of your lowercase username heritage, foo'!

You joined a long line of proud undercasemen and undercasewomen such as myself, ramagi... and... oh yeah, fixit, an undercasebot!... when you cemented that username with the redesign/username lockdown beforehand.

Heh, a username I ripped off a nickname of a college friend of mine. Yeah, very original of me. :P

At 12/14/09 10:27 PM, Hybrid-Of-Souls wrote: Oh cool, my top choices made the list.

Glad you picked me. :)

At 12/22/09 08:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: You best keep that lowercase r as it looks better. Lowercase b doesn't look good with my name so I have every right to have the capital B. Infact, I once tried using lowercase b but that didn't last long.

Yeah my name is more vague and I use it in a adjective sense. Yours on the other hand is a proper noun so it is better capitalized. Not like we could change them without some inside help anyways. :)

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-24 03:41:20

At 9/13/09 09:28 PM, gfoxcook wrote: NEIN! IS VERBOTEN! YOU POST NAO!

Nein, ich bin schnappi, das kleine krokodil?

I have to, I'm a rifftrax addict.

RIFFTRAX.COM ! YOU GO NAO !

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-24 08:32:47

I don't think I was sent a voting PM this time around :(

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-24 08:58:40

At 12/24/09 08:32 AM, NEVR wrote: I don't think I was sent a voting PM this time around :(

You were inactive in Wi/Ht? for a while around the time the latest election was held so no PM was sent out to you.

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-24 09:18:05

At 12/24/09 08:58 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/24/09 08:32 AM, NEVR wrote: I don't think I was sent a voting PM this time around :(
You were inactive in Wi/Ht? for a while around the time the latest election was held so no PM was sent out to you.

I might have appeared inactive, but I was actually still lurking and modding here. Obviously that's not up to par with my previous activity levels... but basically I was still around and could still have voted.

It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.

But yeah for future reference, I'm usually around more than I appear to be... there's just less opportunity to actually post in Wi/Ht? for me these days, what with all the new kids on the scene answering all the questions and taking all the glory ;P

Even at the very lowest end of my activity I'll still be around to check my PM's, so I'd appreciate if you kept sending them even if I seem inactive. If I need my status changed to inactive I'll let you know, but if anything my activity is increasing week by week at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2009-12-24 16:55:15

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/24/09 08:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: You were inactive in Wi/Ht? for a while around the time the latest election was held so no PM was sent out to you.
I might have appeared inactive, but I was actually still lurking and modding here.

Olly's back w00t!

It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.

Oh... right. *hastily places a mince pie on a plate*

Merry Xmas?

And a merry Xmas to all Wi/Hters!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-01-06 23:47:10

At 12/24/09 04:55 PM, Coop83 wrote: Merry Xmas?

And a merry Xmas to all Wi/Hters!

And a happy 2010 to all WiHters as well!

I wished everyone one from my profile, but yeah... only Bahamut (and EKR, apparently) reads that. #;-}>

Gotta go pick up my honey from work, but I'll be back to catch up on this topic + VP + penta within an hour or so. I PROMISE. o_o

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-01-07 03:25:52

At 12/22/09 08:34 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: 20:36 - gfox: shoulda let the vote go till 12/31.
20:36 - gfox: then they coulda had 01/01/2010 induction dates.
20:36 - gfox: you bastard, robbing them of that. ;_;
20:36 - Bahamut: haha
Hey, we had to let the 2000s go with a bang and I thought that was the best thing to do for this forum. However, maybe I could have introduced one new member in December and then another in January. Oh well, too late to think that. :P

That woulda been an acceptable compromise, yes.

I'm hoping Bahamut will be expanding it to 50 with the next update. Goddamned odd numbers of us!
That indeed works and three more members there shall be in the future.

Huzzah!

Screw you. Whatever I say goes here. XP Well, unless you take my rights away to run the Member List elections just for saying that, lol.

Of course not. But still... you agreed to a date, albeit half a year in advance, to make it up to me... and I'm gonna hold you to that. #;-}>

And don't you start thinking I'll forget! I won't, yahearmeh?!

Really now?

Yes. The NG fuzz came down pretty hard on him. BBS ban and possibly an admin-enforced namechange? Can't recall the details, but the point is that he was using social security #s as his username, and even though he was making them up randomly, they were obviously real people's numbers. Possibly dead people's, but those get reassigned eventually.... I think. Or will once we run out of combinations, at least. #;-}>

Damn straight.
I always suggested your status should have been marked as absent and I'm glad gfox finally took my suggestion.

I had forgotten it was your suggestion to begin with! All's well that ends well.

At 12/24/09 03:08 AM, reverend wrote:
At 12/3/09 04:54 PM, byteslinger wrote: Wow! I am honored to have been voted into the Wi/Ht? Member List. My thanks to all of you who voted me in - I do appreciate it! And, of course, congrats to reverend for also being voted in - I am certainly in good company!
Nah, I'm in good company.

NO, U! NO, ME!

At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: CONGRATS, REVEREND AND BYTESLINGER. Already congratted rev on his userpage, but byte's latest newspost is locked, so... I'll give her a 2nd one in a sec here. #;-}>
Thanks again.

Aye!

Pfft. Be proud of your lowercase username heritage, foo'!

You joined a long line of proud undercasemen and undercasewomen such as myself, ramagi... and... oh yeah, fixit, an undercasebot!... when you cemented that username with the redesign/username lockdown beforehand.
Heh, a username I ripped off a nickname of a college friend of mine. Yeah, very original of me. :P

Doesn't matter how original the name itself is (or not), I was just complimenting the lowercase r-ness of it all. My name was once GFOXCook in the early 90s because GFoxCook looked lame to me, and once services like Prodigy and AOL got standardised e-mails and I got on an actual ISP a year or two later, and then went to college... gfoxcook was just the way the e-mail addies went due to auto-lowercasing them back in those days. So...

I liked the way gfoxcook looked, and it stuck. Interesting logic behind yours being lower, BTW, but to me it doesn't matter why yours, ramagi's, fixit's, or mine is lowercase... the only important thing...

...is that they are. #;-}>

At 12/22/09 08:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: You best keep that lowercase r as it looks better. Lowercase b doesn't look good with my name so I have every right to have the capital B. Infact, I once tried using lowercase b but that didn't last long.
Yeah my name is more vague and I use it in a adjective sense. Yours on the other hand is a proper noun so it is better capitalized. Not like we could change them without some inside help anyways. :)

I actually think that Bahamut does look better, but I think that his alt Bahamut7 would look better as bahamut7. Maybe it's because somewhere he's got a username of bahamutseven, which kinda looks neat.

At 12/24/09 03:41 AM, KrevZabijak wrote:

!_!

MY FAKE GERMANINGS HAVE BACKFIRED, HERR DOKTOR!

I have to, I'm a rifftrax addict.

What the...

Oh nooooooooeeee, this is bad. </The Heavy>

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote: It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.

Don't feel excluded, unwanted, or any of that crap, man! We all want your hot bod around here, Bahamut just made a judgment call. You can punish him later.

In the sex dungeon.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-01-07 04:46:20

At 1/7/10 03:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
!_!

LOL!

You haven't missed anything if you don't know Schnappi (<= Hey, this is a link to the wikipedia article about schnappi!). XD

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-01-07 05:19:30

At 1/7/10 04:46 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/7/10 03:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote: !_!

LOL!

You haven't missed anything if you don't know Schnappi (<= Hey, this is a link to the wikipedia article about schnappi!). XD

Lol Schnappi :p

It was once a big hit in Holland as well. I believe it was even #1 in the dutch hit-charts at some point in '05. And you heard it everywhere; on the TV, on the radio, even at my local football club.

But I doubt it's popularity has ever gotten much further than Germany and Holland ;)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-01-07 20:59:37

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote: Even at the very lowest end of my activity I'll still be around to check my PM's, so I'd appreciate if you kept sending them even if I seem inactive. If I need my status changed to inactive I'll let you know, but if anything my activity is increasing week by week at the moment.

I've acknowledged your request for member elections. I'm glad I know you still want to receive a PM regardless of activity, unless you notify otherwise. :)

At 1/7/10 03:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/22/09 08:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: Screw you. Whatever I say goes here. XP Well, unless you take my rights away to run the Member List elections just for saying that, lol.
Of course not. But still... you agreed to a date, albeit half a year in advance, to make it up to me... and I'm gonna hold you to that. #;-}>

And don't you start thinking I'll forget! I won't, yahearmeh?!

It was the 10th May or something? Just remind me when it's close to May and I'll be sure to run the election at the start of May.

Really now?
Yes. The NG fuzz came down pretty hard on him. BBS ban and possibly an admin-enforced namechange? Can't recall the details, but the point is that he was using social security #s as his username, and even though he was making them up randomly, they were obviously real people's numbers. Possibly dead people's, but those get reassigned eventually.... I think. Or will once we run out of combinations, at least. #;-}>

I never even knew or remember anything about that. Is there a thread lying around somewhere about it?

At 12/24/09 03:08 AM, reverend wrote: Yeah my name is more vague and I use it in a adjective sense. Yours on the other hand is a proper noun so it is better capitalized. Not like we could change them without some inside help anyways. :)
I actually think that Bahamut does look better, but I think that his alt Bahamut7 would look better as bahamut7. Maybe it's because somewhere he's got a username of bahamutseven, which kinda looks neat.

Fuck that, I'll always have a capital B for any variants of Bahamut, unless I'm using a site that automatically puts everything on lowercase or I make mistakes like bahamutvii for PSN and BAHAMUT7 for Rate Your Music, even though that's just ALL CAPS and not lowercase b.

What the...

According to a friend of mine, Rifftrax is exactly like MST3K. If you're interested in similar subjects, he recommends Twilight, Transformers: ROTF, The Wicker Man, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (with Neil Patrick Harris), and Batman & Robin. I'm not a fan of film commentaries so this isn't for me.

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote: It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.
Don't feel excluded, unwanted, or any of that crap, man! We all want your hot bod around here, Bahamut just made a judgment call. You can punish him later.

In the sex dungeon.

Human on dragon action? Gross!

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-01 11:19:10

I can feel the ground rumble beneath me
A dragon stirs in a distance
In the darken cosmos, stars burn anew
The time for Forty Eighth, Forty Ninth, and Fiftieth is nigh. . .

Where is/How to? Memberlist

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-01 17:32:28

At 5/1/10 11:19 AM, reverend wrote: The time for Forty Eighth, Forty Ninth, and Fiftieth is nigh. . .

Is it customary these days to allow three at a time, every time?

I'd personally be in favour of just one new member being voted in.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-01 17:38:57

Got that right reverend! I didn't forget at all and knew I had to start the Member List election on the 1st so here it is!

At 5/1/10 05:32 PM, NEVR wrote: Is it customary these days to allow three at a time, every time?

This is gfox's request and I have to respect that. However, if he's got time to say a few things otherwise, he's free to do so and I'll lower the number of new members to enter if he feels that way now.

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-01 18:08:07

At 5/1/10 05:38 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/1/10 05:32 PM, NEVR wrote: Is it customary these days to allow three at a time, every time?

This is gfox's request and I have to respect that. However, if he's got time to say a few things otherwise, he's free to do so and I'll lower the number of new members to enter if he feels that way now.

Fair enough, it just seems that we're almost exhausting the number of really good candidates available to us by letting in three at a time. I don't want it to get to a point where we're voting new people on purely for the sake of voting new people on, y'know?

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-02 11:03:55

It's that time of the year again? :)

Personally I agree with NEVR. Letting in three on every update is quite a lot and I find it hard to pick three members every time of which I feel they are really 'worth it'. Might want to narrow it down to one or two unless we really have a lot of new, potential members on the regulars list.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-02 17:18:53

It was an educated guess. There was two last time, four before that, and three before that. I figured Bahamut wanted to round it off at fifty.

At 5/1/10 05:38 PM, Bahamut wrote: Got that right reverend! I didn't forget at all and knew I had to start the Member List election on the 1st so here it is!

Of course. Bahamuts never forget ... or is that only for elephants? :)

I also agree that two should be voted in. My third pick at the moment, .... eh.
That is if you are willing to wait even longer between elections, like almost yearly, then I can see adding three members.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-02 19:11:40

At 5/1/10 06:08 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 5/1/10 05:38 PM, Bahamut wrote:

Fair enough, it just seems that we're almost exhausting the number of really good candidates available to us by letting in three at a time. I don't want it to get to a point where we're voting new people on purely for the sake of voting new people on, y'know?

Relax, relax.

First off, scroll up and read the shit from December 09 and January 10 above. I was just half-bitching (for bitching's sake) that Bahamut inducted new members last year in December and didn't wait till 20100101 (that's how I think of dates, because computers order files correctly if you use that notation, YYYYMMDD, longest to shortest, which I WISH was the worldwide standard, but noooooo, America has to be all MMDDYYYY and the UK/parts of Europe/wherever has to be all DDMMYYYY and shit, like a buncha fools.... </date format rant>)...

ANYWAY, point being, I was mostly being silly for no real reason, just to say that I thought having a membership induction date of 20100101 would be fucking BITCHING, and that if I were a new member, I'd rather be in on 20100101 than on 20091231 (indeed, I finally signed up to the Escapist, a site that I was considering joining for 2-3 years now, if only because I enjoy the occasional Zero Punctuation video game review or an article here and there, even if I'm not going to be social on the site like I am (was?) here on N)... whatever... I signed up there on 20100101 because I thought that was a cool fucking date, yanno?).

BUT, I mostly had my tongue in cheek.

I told Bahamut (again, half-jokingly) that to make it up to me that he'd just brought in new members with December 2009 Wi/Ht? membership dates instead of January 2010 ones, like I would have had I been running the election (which my lazy arse just can't bring itself to do these days), then he could make it up to me by making sure to do another election soon.

I couldn't think of any ol' arbitrary date except that I was getting married on 20100514, and Bahamut had been talking to me on Steam about how he was gonna tell Tom Fulp to announce that "former mod gfoxcook got married today" or whatever, and I was all "fuck no, man!" to that... so I said "hey, just do the election before I get married, and also, you went from 44 members to 47 members last time, and ugh... 47... barely better than 37, amiright?

So... one thing led to another and I convinced Bahamut to make it up to me by holding an election in May 2010 and inducting 3 members so that we'd be at a nice even 50 to make me happy with my insane round-number fetishes. #;-}>

It was mostly for a laugh, in short.

But Bahamut clearly meant it when he agreed to it, or he wouldn't have sent out voting reminders saying "hey, it's May 2010, we're going up from 47 to 50 members, gfox said to do this, BLAME HIM NOW ME, DAMN YOU ALL!, and here, please vote... oh, and also, if you want to bitch about this to me (even though you should bitch at gfox, not me, but let's face it... gfox is a lazy bastard and isn't around much anymore, so you'll have to bitch at me then, eh?)... then go for it instead of voting, you blighters!"

Which, BTW, I just saw today, because I've been busy planning my wedding and other IRL crap.

Whatev.

bottom line:

the 3 members was just to make me happy with 50 total members, historically.

The next 10 elections could have 1 member each.

Last election, when we went from 44 to 47, I'd rather have gone to only 45 or 46... you know me and numbers. I don't care whether the candidate pool is too large or too small, I only care about the numbers. That's why it's better for Bahamut to run the elections now, and both I and Recon (who had been doing them at spancker's request for years) agreed he could, so why the fuck not, eh?

Anyway, my point being, I didn't insist on 3 for 3's sake, I just wanted us to have a nice even 50 members. But I just told Bahamut on Steam that he can do 1 election, 2 elections, or 3 elections to get there. i.e. if he wants to do one now, one later this year, and one in 2011, just as long as we have a nice even 50 (a half-century mark, by god!), I'll be happy.

My fear, of course, is that he was planning on going from 47 to 49 to 51 to 53 and have nothing but ugly odd number memberships or some shit. Irrational? Of course. When have I ever claimed to be anything BUT? I am what I am. #;-}>

And yet you people still tolerate me, seem to want me to come back and post, and all that shit. And I humour you. So eh, if you want to humour me back by electing 3 people (now... or later on, whenever), to say "Happy Wedding Day!" with 50 members for ol' gfox, that's fine by me. SO EXPLOITABLE. #;-}>

But if not, that's fine, too.

Okay, I was just on the phone with my mom for 30 minutes, so I've completely lost my train of thought. I should probably just scrap this entire post, but you all seem to be worried that since Bahamut elected 3 people last time, and since he's planned (because of me) to do 3 more THIS time, that all 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. etc. long, we'll be doing constant 3-person elections.

And I just wanted to say... NEIN.

This is a one-time (for me, at least) 3 person request, simply because if we add 3 people, we'll be at 50!

Now, this is how I put it to Bahamut on Steam an hour ago:

17:12 - gfox: IOW, they had no problem with the election, just thought 3 was too many?
17:12 - gfox: I guess this is my point:
17:12 - gfox: let the election period finish up.
17:12 - gfox: See how many people voted.
17:12 - gfox: See how many people they voted for, see how things add up.
17:12 - Dugdemo: Yeah
17:12 - gfox: If the votes go 8 7 6 2 2 1
17:13 - gfox: then I'd argue the 8, 7, and 6 deserve to be members.
17:13 - gfox: And I can get my way and we have 50 members.
17:13 - gfox: But if it's like 5 1 1 1 11
17:13 - gfox: then just do the one that got 5.
17:13 - gfox: Know what I mean? See if there's real consensus for more than 1 person, maybe 2 or 3.
17:13 - gfox: 3 at most for a nice even 50.
17:13 - gfox: But if not, then 49 or 48.
17:13 - gfox: But my point is simply that you need not worry about it now.
17:13 - gfox: See how it goes by your deadline of may 10th.

BOOM. Click. Done!

VOTE, PEOPLE. VOTE NOWWWWW OR FOREVER HOLD YER PENII.

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-02 19:16:29

At 5/2/10 05:18 PM, reverend wrote:
It was an educated guess. There was two last time, four before that, and three before that.

I had planned to just make the above post, but... ... it was 2 last time?

Jesus Effin' Christ then. I thought all of you who had a problem with it being 3 this time had that problem because it was 3 last time, (MAYBE) 3 this time, and were assuming the new pattern/rule would be that it would be 3 EVERY time... O_o

Look, back when I ran some elections in 2004/5/6/whenever, I think I mostly inducted 2 every time.

Can you guess why?

Not too small, not too large, and a nice EVEN. FUCKING. NUMBER. All this "2 - 3 - 4 -3 -2 -4 -23 24j12rjmnj shit is too silly. I'd rather it be 1 every election than a random number every election personally, but I also don't think what I say should go... (too often)

I only made a request for 3 this time because it would make it 50, yes.

I figured Bahamut wanted to round it off at fifty.

Exactly right, except it was me who wanted that, not Bahamut. Close enough. #;-}>

Thank you for giving me extra info that somehow I had missed through my IMs with Bahamut and through quickly reading a few posts on this page, reverend... I wish I had kept reading past the post of NEVR that I responded to, which normally of course I would do... but I was in a rush today.

AH WELL. That's life.

Better late than never.

CONFUSION OVAR. #;-}>

I also agree that two should be voted in. My third pick at the moment, .... eh.
That is if you are willing to wait even longer between elections, like almost yearly, then I can see adding three members.

Anyway, my idea was... we'll see how many votes people get, like I showed in that IM paste job above. Maybe only 1 person will have multiple votes, maybe 2 or 3 will. How about we all just wait and see until Bahamut tabulates the results?

In the meantime... as I said before.... GET OUT THERE AND VOTE, MAGGOTS! </TF2 Solly>

And with that... :::goes to play TF2:::

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-02 21:23:25

Jeez, I just remembered that I haven't posted in here since I got elected. Which would be:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/6412 7/37

At 6/1/09 09:25 AM, Bahamut wrote: #44 Sir-Nuts

RIGHTEOUS.

Well, a silly, almost-1-year-old THANKS to all who voted on me! :P

Anyways, about the new election:

I still managed to find 3 deserving (IMO) users that I'd like to see here in the Memberlist. But, if the Regulars' updates keep up with no additions... then I don't know if I'd vote or not... :/

But yeah, I think it woulb be nice if we had round 50 members on gfox's wedding. It could be our little gift for him. #;-}>

At 5/2/10 07:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote: In the meantime... as I said before.... GET OUT THERE AND VOTE, MAGGOTS! </TF2 Solly>

Already did, as soon as Bahamut PMed me.

And with that... :::goes to play TF2:::

I'd join you... B-U-T:

- UK server with ping > 600 = nah;

- UK server with ping > 600 hosted by NO HEROES = kicked instantly :(

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-03 09:30:48

At 5/2/10 07:11 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Relax, relax.

I wasn't really thinking about the numbers to be honest, but if that's what you want from NG as a wedding present then that's entirely up to you man.

I was just pointing out the fact that if we continue to vote on 3 people each election then things could start to get messy, but you've now cleared that up, so as you say, WHATEV. ;P

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-03 09:52:35

On a side note... I spent a bit of time looking over the candidate list for the election, narrowing it down, and checking who'd been contributing the most to Wi/Ht? more recently as well as over the past 5 months. Managed to choose three users who I think deserve to be on the list, so happy days. ;P

BBS Signature

Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist 2010-05-03 10:07:35

I agree with that thing gfox discussed on AIM.

Just see how many votes everybody gets and if one, two or three users are really sticking out from the rest of the group, then just add all of them to the memberlist. Maybe make a percentage limit, like they have to have at least 50% or 60% of all the voters supporting them. Something like that.

BBS Signature