00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LesbianSpiderDrone just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,774 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-11 13:36:08

I got a look at the new marine codex this saturday.
It looks rather good. There's a special table so you can give your own new chapter some special rules and units, all you do is select some advantages and then select the same amount of disadvantages from the tables.

I remember a rule called "Take the fight to them" which is quite good, you can have a squad armed with bolt pistols and close combat weapons rather than bolters as troops (instead of fast attack thanks to the remove jetpack thing).
And there's one that lets you swap your heavy weapon for another assault weapon.
The others escape me but I liked what I saw.

At this late stage of my army, it surprises me that I've only just bought some proper death company. I've had the usual bloodclaws with no space wolfy bits squad. while this is ok I suggest getting the metal ones, they look a thousand times better and it's worth the extra bread for the most iconic squad in the army.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-12 15:17:57

Hey guys, I came upon this awesome gem!

http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com/?ep=1072065310

Check it out!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-12 18:04:04

At 10/12/04 03:17 PM, Skull_leader wrote: Hey guys, I came upon this awesome gem!

Check it out!

Lol! That absolutely cracked me up!
"I clearly indicated my intention to turn!"
what else will he think of??? :D

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-12 20:56:15

wow i never noticed this crew/club, im intereasted in joining. I have several armies and play on a weekly basis, my armies include:
Emperors Children- Haha ph33r my Slaanesh
Bad Moon's- We dumb and stoopid
Black Templars- We gots chainswords
Catachans- Were not that good
Necrons- We dont speak
umm thats about it, anyway if your wondering how i afford all this, i work at the local zoo and make about $700 a week. anyway my favorite guys are the Emperors Children let the galaxy burn. please let me join pleeeeeeease.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-13 01:37:53

At 10/12/04 03:17 PM, Skull_leader wrote: Hey guys, I came upon this awesome gem!

Check it out!

i just finished watching all of them, and i pissed myself the whole way through!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-13 02:40:07

can i join?
i used to play warhammer 40k heaps but stopped when i ran out of money. im going to england next year for 1 year to live there (from australia) and i want to start getting into 40k more. i heard about the new cadian models and the upcoming spacemarines (i used to collect 2 extremely poorly painted armies - 1 being cadian and the other being ultramarines)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-13 04:17:47

How true it is; 'Unsupervised store kid, NOOOOOOOO'

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-13 06:23:12

Xan_Mk2 and the_waxer; Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here!

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-13 20:41:54

omg i so want this armor...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-14 12:38:02

At 10/13/04 08:41 PM, Xan_Mk2 wrote: omg i so want this armor...

Yeah ditto, you can hire professional costume makers to make them from cast resin and foam rubber, weighs more than quite a bit though but it's nothing compared to what it'll weigh on your wallet! Cool suits but unless you've struck oil, gold or diamonds, a bit out of our reach....
pity, I like that suit!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-16 21:46:48

Is there anyone here who can draw and animate 40k weapons? I've managed to do bolters and a laspistol but I failed miserably to do a shotgun, especially the reloading animation :'( If anyone's interested and willing, please contact me!
Thanks
- Nick

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-18 13:59:55

if anyonesgood at flash and interested in joining a wh40k collab, yim me on acid_cocacola (im signed on alot).
please, if youre a n00b and no good at flash dont join, im not being nasty but im trying to get a good, front-page/ daily feature worthy flash. sorry i dont have aim, cant get aim and cant get msn (but i might try). but under no circumstances can i get aim. i was banned for hacking. by the way, why havent you been on yahoo for a long time brookman? acid coke misses you!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-19 15:44:44

i'll join in, despite juggling various other things. What hurt can one more to the pile make? i made the crappy warhammer shooter 2. (ignore the first shooter. it sucked)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-19 20:37:31

Seedykay, I played your shooters and they rocked. I slapped a Commisar!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-20 05:28:45

speaking of comissars....

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-20 06:48:35

At 10/18/04 01:59 PM, _Reputrification_ wrote: by the way, why havent you been on yahoo for a long time brookman? acid coke misses you!

Well, I have been really busy with school, it's not all fun and games there unlike popular beliefs. That and I've got my hands on a copy of the Dawn of War novel, so I'm busy with that as well. Oh, and I'm busy with my younger brother playing the Battle fer Macragge seeing as I have a score to settle (Losing all six misisons is a bloody disgrace!) but this time it's the Imperial Guard, not the smegging Ultra Marines that go into the breach for a fight with the bugs.

So, along with picking up the DoW novel, I've peeked at the new Whirlwind kit. The store attendants also mumbled something about new Rhino space armour that wasn't made by Forge World. So, things are really looking up for Marine players around the globe. Well, safe for the players of the 'special' chapters (Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves, you peeps need to wait until the new respective codex comes out).

Acid Coke / Putrification, I'll try to be around sometime soonish so we can pick up the discussion where we left it and for all the other people into this day: Happy Halloween!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-20 21:09:08

Just thought I'd post before I go to bed.

I was in games workshop today with my lovingly converted (if poorly painted) terminators and a store kid came up to me and kept prattling on about an imperial gaurdsman having a "ded big ball-and-chain thingy, that can crush a terminators armour and wipe out a whole squad of 'em. In one turn too!"

I reckon he's a bit confused with those goblin fanatics (you know what store kids are like) or a special character that I've not heard about.

Speaking of conversions...
I've got another new commander!
This ones converted from Dante (I know a lot of blood angels have a Dante model for there leader but whatever) Swapped the axe for a sword inferno pistol for a bolt pistol, red armour instead of gold, robo-cop-esque face and some extra purity seals.
I may need to swap the iron halo for one of those new force sheilds to reduce the points cost. Difficult decision though.
Just need a name now!

Good night everybody, see you in the morrow etc.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-20 21:11:01

(It's 2 in the morning here in England by the way not 9:10 or whatever)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-22 02:58:54

At 10/20/04 09:11 PM, Jimsippo wrote: (It's 2 in the morning here in England by the way not 9:10 or whatever)

since most people in this thread are English, (or netherlandish i brookmans case), i dont think you neddto say that its 2 am.
When you say store kid, do you mean a gw staff, or just a little child that thinks hes playing mouse trap?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-24 20:41:03

WTF?! I don't belive this, I've been newgrounds user since 2001 member since 2003 and I only just found there is 40K club here!! Anyway, can I join? I've been playing 40K, Fantasy and at one stage LOTR for the last 8 years just recently I started playing 40K again after a 1 1/2 year break from it, also I am good at painting not really really good, but almost at the same standard of the more experienced GW staff. Despite this I'm only average-ish at playing though, not as bad as my Tomb Kings fantasy army which won quite a few painting contests but had a total record of 162 losses and onlt 42 wins over 5 months. Then I gave up on it to play 40K again not suprisingly.. Also is this club just 40k?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-25 20:41:07

For some odd reason, I feel like buying a basilisk. It's such a manly gun! (Note: I am not gay)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-26 08:22:29

At 10/24/04 08:41 PM, Mat2 wrote: Also is this club just 40k?

Mostly 40k. We have had a run in with a fantasy guy who thought that he was better then us, but it's mostly 40k around here. Anyways, welcome aboard the www.newgrounds.com/40kcrew! Enjoy your stay and share in the fun!

At 10/25/04 08:41 PM, Skull_leader wrote: For some odd reason, I feel like buying a basilisk. It's such a manly gun!

Most likely because of the manly Str. and Ap! Not as powerful as the Demolisher cannon, but a real anti-astartes weapon.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-26 12:05:35

At 10/25/04 08:41 PM, Skull_leader wrote:

:For some odd reason, I feel like buying a basilisk. It's such a manly gun!

At 10/26/04 08:22 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
Most likely because of the manly Str. and Ap! Not as powerful as the Demolisher cannon, but a real anti-astartes weapon.

It's even better when upgraded with Medusa shells! I wouldn't even wager my two landraiders against that!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-26 15:25:08

Thats a though.. What's your favorite anti-marine weapon/unit in the your army? I definatly favor Dark Reapers as idea marine hunters because they just rip through squads of marines that lack long range support.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-26 15:30:34

At 10/26/04 12:05 PM, -Minothor- wrote: It's even better when upgraded with Medusa shells! I wouldn't even wager my two landraiders against that!

But the Medusa is a whole different vehicle based on the Basilisk, not munitions. The Medusa lobs a powerful short ranged siege shell against targets.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-26 19:14:55

By store kid I mean those over opinionated thirteen year olds who like to ask what you collect and then simply say "Aww They're shit" without even seeing the rules (or the models themselves)and insist upon asking moronic questions when your battling someone in store.

As for the basilisk I would have to say eek. It's a very scary gun! With that ridiculous range too. My chaos friend (If there can be such a thing) had a converted basilisk which caused a few problems for my death company, they drew the fire away magnificently though!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-26 19:16:24

Whole different vehicle? weird, in my old Forge World catalogue it lists it as an upgrade, mind you I did get the catalogue at Golden Demon 2000, quite a while has passed and it was probably listed wrong, oh well, my mistake. I still wouldn't put my land raiders against it though!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-27 03:14:59

At 10/26/04 03:25 PM, Mat2 wrote: Thats a though.. What's your favorite anti-marine weapon/unit in the your army? I definatly favor Dark Reapers as idea marine hunters because they just rip through squads of marines that lack long range support.

Either suicide squads (special weapon squads) with a demolition charge or the good old Demolisher, nothing says 'I hate you' more then a big pie plate of death landing on those terminators.

Store kids, gotta hate 'em, especially the ones that snap of orders and advices to you during the battle. "You should do an all out assault." and "Oh, you should've gone about stealthy like Snake! You are stupid!' Oh I hate them, but they scare pretty easily, just let out a gutteral growl or tell them that you are a 'Sir.' (Or Miss/madam/Doctor, whatever floats your boat, just show them who's in charge)

2000? Thats is really really old. The Medusa is a whole different vehicle with a shorter ranged but somewhat more powerful gun.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-27 04:21:22

I always though railgun submunitions are damm nasty thats why i HATE playing Tau.. Good point, putting up with noobs giving you orders really does piss me off too, thats why i like playing them afterwards and telling them every mistake they make and then rub it in their face when you kick the shit out of their "amazing" army. I reminds me of a game of Fantasy i played during the summer where in the previous game i played this 12/13 year old noob kept whining on about what i should of done right.. Afterwards I played him, in his 5th turn after moving he when straight into his combat phase.. about half way through it I burst out laughing at him and he was like what? I then told him how he had whined about how I was making little mistakes here and there and that now he had missed 2 phases of his turn and not even reailsed it!! NOW WHO'S A F***ING NOOB!!!! it was a real shame the staff let him restart his turn and threatned to ban me for breaking store rules by shouting and swearing at another customer. Thats just why I hate rules that protect noobs..

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-10-27 05:09:35

At 10/27/04 04:21 AM, Mat2 wrote: Thats just why I hate rules that protect noobs..

NG has them too... but that doesnt stop me.
i dont really play the game, im more of a painter myself. At the moment i collect space wolves and necrons, which are easy to paint.
i also got a rhino yesterday and kitted it out with dreadnought lascannons and such. i also swapped the head with a womble head (gotta love those) and stuck space wolf emblems on the tank. pictures coming soon.