00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dasharky3D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

300,060 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-06 20:17:38

Heh heh, way to ignore rule number three minothor. I've got a small Tau force which I've played some fun campaigns with. Not very successful ones I'll admit, but it's nice to play an army with different character for a bit. I don't like the Kroot though, rubbish IMO.
Alright Brookman, you may not want to be the leader, but you are what I would call the diplomatic center of the group! Like a prime minister, everyone has a say, but you get blamed if anything goes wrong!

I see Exterminatus is still down, I'd E-mail them but I can't receive any replies due to a stubborn virus.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-07 08:08:07

All this leader and representation talk should stop. i like this forum because it's probably the only one that isn't full of flaming, ranking systems, bitter feuds Etc. Etc.

Ah, the irony. The most peaceful and civilised thread on NG is the one that is dedicated to endless war and conflict.

Newgrounds recieved the 40k game well, the only problems anyone had where the game over issues (It worked for ages and then stopped. WHY?!?) and the constant Ork bashing.

Anyway, i'm working on a interesting concept for a story base game at the moment. whether or not it turns 40k, i'm not sure. Anyway, hope you all liked the game, i#'m off to go demand my local Gamestation gives me Dawn of War....NOW!!!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-07 08:40:10

At 9/6/04 08:17 PM, Jimsippo wrote: Heh heh, way to ignore rule number three minothor. I've got a small Tau force

Its not the force I laugh at, they've got unbelievable weaponry and the rather suicidal tendancies of drones make them extremely usefull for protecting important HQ figures, its the players that instantly go for the TAU because of the weapons then claim they're invincible and that nothing can penetrate their gunfire. or at least, he did untill I introduced him to my Land Raider, Lascannon troops and terminator squad (teleported in with Deepstrike rules i should add! :-D) I dont laugh at the force, just the arrogance that many of the newbie players have about the weaponry, they always seem to conveniantly forget the armour weakness!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-07 08:43:54

At 9/7/04 08:08 AM, SeedyKay wrote: All this leader and representation talk should stop. i like this forum because it's probably the only one that isn't full of flaming, ranking systems, bitter feuds Etc. Etc.

Hear Hear!

Ah, the irony. The most peaceful and civilised thread on NG is the one that is dedicated to endless war and conflict.

There's an old saying, the best way to get peace, is use the sword. I dont really see any truth in that but hey, many sayings were made up by nuts in ages past so what can we expect?

Anyway, i'm working on a interesting concept for a story base game at the moment. whether or not it turns 40k,

I'll be looking forward to it! I loved the Imperial Guard shooters you made! great fun!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-07 08:48:08

At 9/6/04 07:04 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Minothor, welcome aboard. Glad to have another new face here. I can see that it's getting cramped over at the Marine department.

I just noticed this, I also have a small Chaos Marines force, with Rhino and Dreadnought (minor convertions done), and a budding ork force (6" inch tall dreadnought, 9" long wartrukk and a warboss completed) all made up of scraps of plastic and other old model bits (except for the warboss, he's mostly black orc, with a MASSIVE cow skull bannertop for a helmet! lol)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-07 14:39:44

At 9/6/04 01:19 PM, _Astartes_ wrote: today i decided to start a black templars army ive finished a whole squad of them today and im going to do another tonight and a command squad tommorow.

W00t! Templars! Yeah!
I'm wetting myself with the excitment of getting the new rulebook and marine codex, id gone off 40k for a while but a few games at my local GW sorted that out :)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-09 13:10:03

New 40k Shooter
I'm working on a new shooter game (inspired by the current 40k ones) but I'l terrible on the graphics and animation front I can do Minor A.S. but nothing like password protection or secret levels, etc.
If anyone want to co-author on this then post here or buddy me or something.
Thanks.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-10 01:23:47

hey minothor while this may sound kinda stupid can maybe you make a st4sh game or (or a game usin brookmans sprites)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-10 03:48:06

At 9/10/04 01:23 AM, zdez wrote: hey minothor while this may sound kinda stupid can maybe you make a st4sh game or (or a game usin brookmans sprites)

Thats, an idea, although, if I have his permission, but the kind of game i'm thinking of is rather like Seedy Kay's ones, only with a few tricks of my own.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-10 04:20:08

At 9/10/04 03:48 AM, -Minothor- wrote:
At 9/10/04 01:23 AM, zdez wrote: hey minothor while this may sound kinda stupid can maybe you make a st4sh game or (or a game usin brookmans sprites)
Thats, an idea, although, if I have his permission, but the kind of game i'm thinking of is rather like Seedy Kay's ones, only with a few tricks of my own.

meh i don't realy care still if u need a sprite (i dout u will) email me at zudeyman@msn.com anyway why don't we all make a preloader for this upcomeing 40k flash stuff im thinking a ng logo (modified to look like a leman russ) with our avatatrs/characters clibing around it (the brookman sprite would be comandering the tank)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-10 06:53:13

Sorry, but my (My is a big word, they are mostly the creations of my younger brother) sprites are off-limits for now. I'm learning new things at school and some of those things may be useful for one of my many scripts scattered around my room and desktop. I'm still going to those sprites, in a jiffy* actually.

(School's back into gearbut that should not keep people from having fun!)

* Jiffy, which derives from the latin word Jiffea is loosely translated as a long time from now.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-10 07:20:42

At 9/10/04 04:20 AM, zdez wrote:

:anyway why don't we all make a preloader for this upcomeing 40k flash stuff im thinking a ng logo (modified to look like a leman russ) with our avatatrs/characters clibing around it (the brookman sprite would be comandering the tank)

I Like, or the NG tank could randomly explode and have a leman russ sprite roll past the wreckage guiding some cadians perhapsd? (random thought)
Only problem that could arise if ppl want to work on this too, is that i'm using Flash MX 2004 pro, the .fla files have to be saved in different formats for compatability's sake and some AS may get lost in doing so, but otherwise everyone's welcome! (oh, many thanks to kay for the health bar tip!)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-10 11:13:47

A jiffy is also a computer term for a 100th of a second. Thank you Mr Austen my old ICT tutor for that incredebly intersting snippet of information. I used to hate ICT but in the end it's an easy four GCSEs.

Anyway, I've made my commander now, no need to buy anything, just used some models that I don't use very often.

I used the emperors champions' body and arms, the devestator squad sgts' pointing hand, Mephistons sword arm (with the sword attached) and a thunder hammer terminators storm sheild.
I also swapped the normal backpack with a jetpack so an assualt squad sgt now walks as the sgt of a tactical sqaud.

I think in most battles I'll have to use my assault squad as a bodygaurd, my other honour gaurd is a lot of points with all of thouse power weapons and a standard.

My advice for the new game (as a player and not a flash artist) is to have targets that fly about on the screen. Necron wraiths and scarabs would be good for this.
There's a few things back a few pages that might be helpful too.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-11 07:48:02

At 9/10/04 11:13 AM, Jimsippo wrote: My advice for the new game (as a player and not a flash artist) is to have targets that fly about on the screen. Necron wraiths and scarabs would be good for this.
There's a few things back a few pages that might be helpful too.

Its funny you mention that, I have in my posession a script that was used in "prowlies by the river" (go to bitey's homepage and there's a link to his script help who gives snippets for download) which may allot that to be possible...

Its a while off though, I have homework to think about too, I've just entered my BAC year so we're being pushed to our limits!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-11 17:09:17

meh i don't realy care still if u need a sprite (i dout u will) email me at zudeyman@msn.com anyway why don't we all make a preloader for this upcomeing 40k flash stuff im thinking a ng logo (modified to look like a leman russ) with our avatatrs/characters clibing around it (the brookman sprite would be comandering the tank)

zdez that is a pretty good idea. a unified preloader for the group is a good idea. I've always tried to 40k mine up a bit (Like the big Inquisition stamp on one of my games) I'll see what i can do... Oh, and any chance of you doing some sprites for me in future projects? Sounds interesting....

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-11 17:15:47

At 9/10/04 07:20 AM, -Minothor- wrote:
At 9/10/04 04:20 AM, zdez wrote:

(oh, many thanks to kay for the health bar tip!)

Heh heh, no probs. anyone else ever want any flash tips, i can give what i have. For i have a dream, a dream that one day, 40k will have its own NG collections page. but we need more dammnit!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-11 17:48:23

At 9/11/04 05:09 PM, SeedyKay wrote:

Oh, and any chance of you doing some sprites for me in future projects? Sounds interesting....

sure ill sprite 4 u my only conditions are

1.you endorese st4sh (put up a link at the end of the flash)

2. you let me put it up on st4sh
-zdez

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-12 15:57:54

This is a big shout out to all people who want to try Dawn of War! Fileplanet now has the official single player demo ready for downloading. It features a single player mission, two skirmish maps, a spanking new tutorial and army painter.

The best thing of it all is the cinematic introduction when booting up the game. A squad of marines with a Predator are pinned down by orks. The pred explodes due to accurate (yes, ACCURATE) ork artillery fire. A large mob of orks charges in and gets cut to shreds by the assault cannon of a dreadnought. Then the sergeant gives a roar (Not a wimpy battle cry, but a bloody scary ROOOOOOAAAAAR) and the marines charge towards the orks. I started to think and gentlemen! This is WHAT Warhammer 40k is all about!

Also, what do James Earl Jones (Darth Vader), Patrick Stuart (Captain Picard) and Tom Baker (THE Dr. Who!) have in common?

Lately I've been busy working on Imperial Navy sprites, which is quite the over looked organisation in the Imperium! Right now I've got most of the important characters on such an important ship: Admiral, high ranking officers, junior deck officers, runners, armsmen, the ship's commissar, junior commissars, provosts, servitors, servo skulls, pilots, a navigator, priests and the lead magos in charge of pushing the button that ignites zat big plasma engine for travlin' through ze warp.

I was wondering, did I forget something?

Okay, putting a sock in it again,

Lt. Brookman

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-12 16:07:17

Sorry to interupt but can anyone help me with a chaos army?

Back Legion, I would rather those than Iron warriors but most of my conversion ideas would fit nicely into iron warriors.

So I don't know, either Black legion or Iron warriors.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-13 07:27:56

At 9/12/04 04:07 PM, X9 wrote: Sorry to interupt but can anyone help me with a chaos army?

Back Legion, I would rather those than Iron warriors but most of my conversion ideas would fit nicely into iron warriors.

So I don't know, either Black legion or Iron warriors.

Great thing about Black Legion is that they don't tend to have a preferred god, so its simple to implicate most things in a black legion army, My commander, for example, I modelled a floating asteroid base for him which has glowing runes around the side, a winged rat on the base, an ugly but vicious looking halfling thing and the ground looks disturbingly like flesh thats starting to rip.
Chaos is just that, Chaotic, go wild, just do something to show that they all belong to the same army and you're off!

Lt. Brookman, I look forward to seeing this sprite movie.

And other news, I'm proud to be buddied to Seedy Kay for making this shooter, especially because of his experience with flash, and 40k shooters! It would be a really good idea if we had a preloader for the Warhammer 40,000 Crew, announce properly that we are indeed here, a presence on Newgrounds (first step to a dedicated page perhaps?)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-13 10:54:21

At 9/13/04 07:27 AM, -Minothor- wrote:
Great thing about Black Legion

Yeah, that's what I like, I would have my own converted Chaos lord and Kharn in my black legion.
My commander, for example,

Sounds sweet!

Chaos is just that, Chaotic, go wild, just do something to show that they all belong to the same army and you're off!

Yeah, but the problem is that most of the conversions I'm thinking of would look better as an iron warriors legion, they're more the techno type conversion, but I could use silver armour in the black legion anyway, and I know that I would prefer black legion, well thaks for the advice anyway, I'll post pics when I start and ask more annoying questions.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-13 11:39:42

At 9/13/04 10:54 AM, X9 wrote:

:I'll post pics when I start

Nice idea, I'll pinch my dad's nikon and snap a few of my conversions,

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-14 12:57:16

im trying to decide what i should do now ive met my target 1000pts templar army - its between

1- continuing the templars untill 1500pts
2- an IG army (probably catchans, though i dont like the models)
3- a big zombie army from the creature feature article in WD

what do you guys think? i wanna decide quick i only have like 4/5 models left to paint :)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-14 13:03:18

At 9/14/04 12:57 PM, chris128 wrote: im trying to decide what i should do now ive met my target 1000pts templar army - its between

1- continuing the templars untill 1500pts
2- an IG army (probably catchans, though i dont like the models)
3- a big zombie army from the creature feature article in WD

what do you guys think? i wanna decide quick i only have like 4/5 models left to paint :)

COntinue the templars! I'm trying to build up my Silver Spectres into a complete chapter (1000 troops when finished and a thunderhawk or too) I'm now up to 2000 pts.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-14 15:30:32

Yeah I will go with the Templars too.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-14 15:47:55

If you increase the size of you army you can pick units for specific missions, even in the larger games.
I find that the greater the variety of units you have, the longer you will remain interested in the army of choosing.

I've had my Blood Angels army for about five years now and I've ammassed over 2,000 points. I don't feel the need to get much more units but I'd like to improve the look of my army and perhaps get a few bits from Forgeworld.
I still get excited about charging into the enemy with my assault squad without wings. Slaughter abound when they are around!

I recently find myself in a warhammer mood, I want to try out my assault terminators, they seem very rippy!
I think its off to Games Workshop for me this weekend to ask about campaigns.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-14 23:01:08

Yeah, not to mention, you get bragging rights.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-15 08:12:29

At 9/14/04 11:01 PM, Skull_leader wrote: Yeah, not to mention, you get bragging rights.

Yeah, especially with a Land Raider on your side,
I once used mine as a turret, placed in it clear shot (and enemy view) and just rotated, (turning on the spot doesn't actually cound as moving, so it's possible to bring all arms to bear! :-D
My land raider took repeated hits from a predator destructor (non-lascannon setup) firing full weapons and two missile launchers, the damage? a roll that gave "Crew Shaken" the result? one immobilised predator with only its storm bolter left functioning, one tactical squad badly damaged and another cowering in a bunker, (and this was space marines verses space marines)
but unfortunately, because we had limited turns and i hadn't captured his table corner (if only i'd continued at the blasted predator!!!) it was a draw. pity.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-15 10:37:34

I'm not one to use tanks too often, except in my tau army. That Hammerhead railcannon is great against most infantry and any tank.
As for my Blood Angels, I used to include my predator in most of my games when I was younger but it was destroyed most of the time and was replaced by more assault units and the like.
Perhaps I should include a tank in my army now though, I've gained some experience and am a bit more combat smart.
Are dreadnaughts the only space marine tank with a plasma cannons? I like my plasma.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2004-09-15 11:54:25

i've pre-ordered dawn of war. mmmmm..... war......

Can anyone vouch for the forge world imp G tanks? i'm considering investing some hard earned dough....