00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OneCardPony just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,527,674 Views | 29,938 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 20:54:49

At 6/15/06 08:28 PM, LordKooler wrote: Here are some Samoa Joe matches that you guys should watch.

Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe for the ROH Championship from Final Battle 2004.

Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi from Joe vs Kobashi. A Dave Meltzer five star match.

I hope you guys enjoy those matches. Did anyone watch the DoFixer vs Blood Generation Six man tag team match yet?

You probably add the Punk-Joe II match as well. -CM- posted a link at the top of the page and it has that match along with a ton of other Samoa Joe matches.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 23:08:15

At 6/15/06 08:35 PM, LordKooler wrote: posted wrestling events

Here's a topic for discussion...earlier on you posted a link to the famous match that initiated the Muta Scale. Who here remember Eddie Guerrero's match at 2004 Judgement Day against JBL? That was so bloody...much more than even the Great Muta's bladejob...what does everyone think? I'd say 1.6 on the Muta Scale...any rebuttals?

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 23:47:48

Here's what Dave Scherer had to say about what WWE is feeling about ECW right now:

I talked to a number of people in the company over the past few days and they all realized that the first show was a bomb, despite the excellent rating. The realize that the rating wasn't drawn off of the show, but rather the curiosity of those who wanted to see the new brand. Sources close to the situation told me that even Vince McMahon realized the show stunk, but he didn't really sell it to anyone. There's a lot of pressure to make this week's show better. The feeling is that they will have the audience back this week, thinking that even those who hated last week's show will at least give it a second chance before tuning out for good. So, they need to deliver.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 00:32:44

well then if the pressure is on then this will be the true test to see what they will do. Now that Vince himself has realized that the first show was bad, there is an open door for them to fix it.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 00:57:11

At 6/16/06 12:32 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: well then if the pressure is on then this will be the true test to see what they will do. Now that Vince himself has realized that the first show was bad, there is an open door for them to fix it.

But the question becomes how much are they willing to fix it? I mean, we've heard they knew the show was a bomb, but what exactly does that mean? One would hope it means they'll change the entire presentation, but you never know in Mcmahonland, by next Tuesday they could have talked themselves into blaming it all on one segment or performer. I honestly hope they top to bottom change things, because last week's show was like the crappiest episode of RAW or SD! they could possibly put out, and they have some people who are just far too talented to have to put up with that sort of crap.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 01:27:49

Here's a tongue planted firmly in cheek article for you...but seriously, with all the attention he's getting...does this mean The Zombie is some kind of cult hit now?:

Most Extreme Player for 6/15
By Joey Styles
June 15, 2006

Effective with the world premiere of ECW on Sci Fi, ECW.com has asked me to choose a weekly ECW MVP (Most Valuable Player) or, in my words, an ECW MEP (Most Extreme Player).

This week’s ECW M.E.P. is without question The Zombie. The Zombie’s riveting entrance, intensity and pre-match interview embodied everything I have come to expect from sports-entertainment.

The Zombie immediately made this lifelong wrestling fan conjure up images of such other sports-entertainment greats as Max Moon, The Goon and The Gobbledygooker.

Unfortunately, former 5-time ECW World Heavyweight Champion, The Sandman, did not find The Zombie nearly as entertaining as did I and summarily caned the undead sports-entertainer repeatedly before quickly pinning The Zombie after his signature White Russian Leg Sweep.

Runner-up honors go to new ECW “exhibitionist”, Kelly, who I deemed ineligible when she failed to unhook her bra.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 02:09:46

LordKooler's TNA iMPACT! review
1.Christian Cage segment
Christian Cage comes out and talks about the King of the Mountain match at Slammiversary. He talks bad about the faces in the KOTM match and then Sting comes out. Sting says that the main reason why he came to TNA is to make sure that Jeff Jarrett doesn't become NWA World Heavyweight Champion again. Christian Cage also talks bad about Sting. Christian Cage might turn heel at Slammiversary.
2.Diamonds in the Rough vs The Naturals
Ever since Triple X broke up after their legendary Six Sides of Steel match against America's Most Wanted at Turning Point 2004, Christopher Daniels became the Shawn Michaels of Triple X while Elix Skipper became the Marty Jannetty of Triple X. And ever since The Naturals lost the Tag team titles to AMW in October 2005, They've been buried on Xplosion. After the Diamonds in the Rough won at the end, The Naturals were chasing Simon Diamond until they landed in LAX territory. Homicide & Hernandez attack the Naturals and Konnan gets on the mic and says that Gringos aren't allowed in LAX territory. Looks like we might see a Naturals vs Latin American Exchange match at Slammiversary. Then they show Shane Douglas and the Naturals in the ring and Shane Douglas talks bad about Vince McMahon, WWE, and the new ECW. Then at the end, Shane Douglas said that he will become the manager of the Naturals. It was a great promo by Douglas.
3.Kevin Nash vs Mr. X
Before the match, They aired a promo hyping the Samoa Joe vs Scott Steiner match at Slammiversary. At Slammiversary, Samoa Joe should give steiner the muscle buster, put him in the rear naked choke, and make him humble. I got that from the Iron Sheik's shoot interview where he says that he wants to give B. Brian Blair a suplex, Put him in the Camel Clutch, Break his back, and make him humble. You can see the Iron Shiek shoot here on Youtube. It's funny. Kevin Nash's mystery opponent in Nash's first X Division match is a midget. Kevin Nash squashed the midget at the end in a match that was filled with lots of comedy spots.
4.America's Most Wanted & Bobby Roode & Monty Brown vs AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels & Raven & Rhino
AMW, Bobby Roode, and Monty Brown won at the end with help from Gail Kim.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 05:54:49

At 6/14/06 05:04 PM, redface wrote:
At 6/14/06 05:00 PM, boloneyman wrote: Damn, I really like him too. Any thoughts?
jeez, what the fuck is The WWE smoking? if your gonna drop anyone, drop Khali or Henry.

Goldust was not doing anything special anyway before he was released. Like it or not, neither Khali nor Henry can be released. Khali is still feuding with Taker and Henry will feud with Batista when he returns.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 06:47:52

At 6/16/06 05:54 AM, Dream_of_Duke wrote:
At 6/14/06 05:04 PM, redface wrote:
At 6/14/06 05:00 PM, boloneyman wrote: Damn, I really like him too. Any thoughts?
jeez, what the fuck is The WWE smoking? if your gonna drop anyone, drop Khali or Henry.
Goldust was not doing anything special anyway before he was released. Like it or not, neither Khali nor Henry can be released. Khali is still feuding with Taker and Henry will feud with Batista when he returns.

Goldust will just come back in a year from now. -_-

I hope Chris Jericho will come back soon whether it be WWE Raw or ECW (i don't see him going to smackdown).

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 10:12:37

Shane Douglas made a good promo on TNA. It makes me excited for the Naturals.

Unless it just means he cheats for them to win. That would suck.

But hey, either way, the Naturals are going to start winning more, as should they.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 10:34:52

TNA must have come on much later because when I tuned in at 11 they were still showing ultimate fighter. Oh well, I'll just catch it on saturday. It doesn't surprise me that Douglas would rip on wwe, he never had a good run with them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 11:46:19

At 6/15/06 08:28 PM, LordKooler wrote: Here are some Samoa Joe matches that you guys should watch.

are they anything like those gross deathmatches you've been posting? I'll give 'em a check.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 15:45:13

Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe for the ROH Championship from Final Battle 2004.

Great match, although I've seen it before. I wish WWE's wrestlers could wrestle as good as ROH's wrestlers.

XBL GT: ELTON JOHN 1111

ALSO, DICKS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 16:29:44

Omg this is the funnyist thing Ive ever seen
Theres a British wrestling company called 1pw and quite a few wrestlers from ROH and TNA join in and occaisonly they have a dance off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EBU8Oxnb70

wtf????

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 16:46:28

At 6/16/06 04:29 PM, PJ-Sharp wrote: Omg this is the funnyist thing Ive ever seen
Theres a British wrestling company called 1pw and quite a few wrestlers from ROH and TNA join in and occaisonly they have a dance off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EBU8Oxnb70

wtf????

That was fuckin funny.. Aj Styles did the Carlton Banks dance but Fallen Angel was better he looked he was having a seizure.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 16:55:17

So, that's what Shane Douglas said last night. My satelite bugged out on me when he was saying stuff about the WWE and stuff. Damn shame how wrestling's been lately.

BTW, is it really true that Jericho is coming back to the new ECW? I heard rumors that he was on the roster, but I havent checked yet...

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 17:12:22

At 6/16/06 06:47 AM, X-Naut wrote: I hope Chris Jericho will come back soon whether it be WWE Raw or ECW (i don't see him going to smackdown).

Jericho is retired, dude.

That "you fired" match against Cena was so he could get out of the business and pursue his acting and music career.

He has said in the Past, though, that if he ever decided to come out of "retirement", he'd want it to be with the WWE in some way.

so, you may have heard it at ONS, but WWE.com makes it offical, JBL will be replacing Tazz on color commentary, and you thought Cole was annoying.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 18:04:45

At 6/16/06 05:12 PM, redface wrote:
He has said in the Past, though, that if he ever decided to come out of "retirement", he'd want it to be with the WWE in some way.

so, you may have heard it at ONS, but WWE.com makes it offical, JBL will be replacing Tazz on color commentary, and you thought Cole was annoying.

Actually Michael Cole isn't that annoying, but what are they thinking by putting JBL in commentary. He can barely say cat. I think that's because JBL is fat.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 18:09:25

I don't think Cole's annoying in the slightest. In fact, he's probably the least annoying announcer among all of the WWE broadcast announcers.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 21:51:12

At 6/16/06 06:09 PM, cornontheconn wrote: I don't think Cole's annoying in the slightest. In fact, he's probably the least annoying announcer among all of the WWE broadcast announcers.

You said it! I think the most annoying would be either King or JBL. Of course, I never heard JBL announce, so I think King would be most annoying.

Then again, WWE does try to make Cole more annoying and gayer than most people think. Ex.: when Regal dressed like a "buxom wench".

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 22:25:26

ill join.i like to watch wwe.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 23:29:42

LordKooler's Friday Night SmackDown! review
1.Rey Mysterio vs Gregory Helms
A good match to start off Smackdown. JBL is really annoying on commentary. Rey Mysterio won at the end.
2.Ken Kennedy vs Nick Berk
Before this match, King Booker was supposed to face Lashley but William Regal & Finlay attacked Lashley and injured his knee. Gunner Scott & Matt Hardy made the save. Lashley will wrestle King Booker in the main event because of that. Ken Kennedy squashed Berk at the end.
3.The Great Khali vs The Mexicools
Why is WWE making Great Khali interfere in Cruiserweight matches? Does WWE want Great Khali to destroy the Cruiserweight division? During the match, Psicosis walked out on Super Crazy and the Great Khali won at the end. Now that The Mexicools have broken up, Super Crazy will feud with Psicosis and Super Crazy will move to the new ECW once his feud with Psicosis ends. Will the Great Khali be the one that ends Gregory Helms' reign as Cruiserweight champion? After the match, Daivari got on the mic and after Daivari finished talking, The Great Khali got on the mic and talked about the Undertaker. Great Khali sucks on the mic. Khali should never cut a promo on the mic ever again.
4.Gunner Scott & Matt Hardy vs William Regal & Finlay
William Regal & Finlay won at the end. Then Finlay's midget showed up again after the match.
5.Chavo Guerrero segment
When Michael Cole was asking Chavo Guerrero if he would come back to wrestling, Chavo didn't answer. Then Mark Henry came out and says that he will shorten Chavo's career is he comes back to wrestling and then Henry starts insulting Rey Mysterio. Henry attacked Chavo at the end.
6.Vito vs Scott Wright
Why is Vito acting like a woman? Did he go to the Qinghai province in China to train at the cursed springs of Jusenkyo and fall into the Spring of the Drowned girl? Whenever Vito comes out in drag, He kills the crowd dead. Nobody cares about Vito's crossdressing gimmick. Remember when Perry Saturn was dressed as a woman during his feud with Chris Jericho in WCW? That got Saturn over. While Vito's crossdressing gimmick is just stupid. What's next? Will Vito appear in a bikini contest? Will he appear on the next Divas DVD? Will he appear on the WWE Divas website? I don't want to see any of those. Vito won at the end.
7.Lashley vs King Booker
Thank god William Regal wasn't in this match to say, "All Hail King Booker!" a million times. Lashley won at the end.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-16 23:52:26

YEEEE HAWWW! NEW CHAMPION! CUCK FENA!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 01:05:25

WWE now attributes the high rating for ECW to curiosity over the new brand, and the prescence of Cena and Edge, never mind that in the quarter hour break-downs that was the LOWEST rated segment. Though WWE could probably make the defense that most fans probably didn't expect them to come out right off the bat.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 01:39:06

Is it just me, or does WWE seem to sort of follow TNA in terms of storylines, and sometimes vice versa?

Because Kevin Nash is currently in his 'big guy vs. X Divison' storyline, and the mess with Khali is probably going to evolve into the same storyline.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 01:58:49

Meh Smackdown was alright. I hope Finlay and Gunner Scott start a rivalry, it seemed that had great chemistry in the ring.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 06:03:59

SD! is pretty shitty lately. Rey is not doing anything special. IF he is really injured, he should rest for a few weeks instead of wrestling against the likes of Helms. Mr. Kennedy is not feuding with anyone either, I say let him feud with Lashley for the U.S title and have King Booker challenge Rey at GAB. It looks like that the entire SD! rosters are counting the days and waiting for Batista to return. I dare to say that SD! will be sub-par until he comes back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 10:34:09

At 6/16/06 05:12 PM, redface wrote:
At 6/16/06 06:47 AM, X-Naut wrote: I hope Chris Jericho will come back soon whether it be WWE Raw or ECW (i don't see him going to smackdown).
Jericho is retired, dude.

That "you fired" match against Cena was so he could get out of the business and pursue his acting and music career.

Did you guys hear of jerichos performance on the sci fi channel? Was it any good? It seems that Jericho is going into the same path as the rock.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 11:16:39

yeah but it still makes you miss him being there in wwe. If he wanted to I'm sure he would have a made a great candidate for the new GM for Raw.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-17 14:22:25

I'm pretty sure, but isn't it true that Henry managed to get a 10-year no cut's contract?

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature