00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

waxWings4004 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,535,843 Views | 29,941 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 16:51:12

also, I was wondering what you guys could tell me about Connecticut Championship Wrestling.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 17:00:14

Goldust released
June 14, 2006

WWE has come to an agreement on the release of Goldust (Dustin Runnels) as of today, June 14, 2006. WWE wishes Dustin the best in all future endeavors.

Damn, I really like him too. Any thoughts?

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 17:04:30

At 6/14/06 05:00 PM, boloneyman wrote: Goldust released
June 14, 2006

WWE has come to an agreement on the release of Goldust (Dustin Runnels) as of today, June 14, 2006. WWE wishes Dustin the best in all future endeavors.

jeez, what the fuck is The WWE smoking? if your gonna drop anyone, drop Khali or Henry.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 19:15:48

It may have sucked but ECW looks like it did pretty good in the ratings...

Despite all of the criticism from last night's ECW Television debut, the ratings seemed to prove differently. According to Nielson Media Research, ECW scored a 2.7 cable rating with a 4.0 share and 2.357 million households. Officials with World Wrestling Entertainment seem to be very happy with this rating. Now the challenge is to keep pulling these ratings each week.

It shouldn't be a challenge if they just let Paul Heyman do his thing but since that won't happen I'm gonna take a wild guess and predict that the ratings will drop next week.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 21:20:27

At 6/14/06 05:00 PM, boloneyman wrote: Goldust released
June 14, 2006

again? They have hired and fired this guy so many times that its starting to get insane. wtf is the point of that?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 21:27:01

Well, I love the WWE, and it inspired me to start my own Fantasy Wrestling I encourage anyone interested to join, but back on subject...

Goldust, Released? That's said, I hope someone continues the legacy of Shattered Dreams Inc. They might even get to hang at goldust' Golden castle, which he talked about in the last issue of WWE Raw Magazine! But he'll probably come back again, but we still don't know, but We can be sure that this won't be the last stop in Goldust' career path, he is 36 after all...

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 21:59:05

I just found another great wrestling match. It's Dave Meltzer's first five star match from 2006 and it's the third Ring of Honor match to get five stars. Samoa Joe vs CM Punk from Joe vs. Punk II and Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi from Joe vs Kobashi are the other ROH matches that got five stars from Dave Meltzer.

DoFixer (Ryo Saito & Dragon Kid & Genki Horiguchi) vs Blood Generation (CIMA & Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino) in a Dragon Gate rules Six-Man tag team match from ROH Supercard of Honor 03/31/2006.

You guys should watch it. It's the greatest Six-Man tag team match I have ever seen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 22:04:28

Speaking of Punk-Samoa Joe II let me tell that has to be the greatest wrestling match I've ever seen it goes on for 60 minutes and I had a chance to see it a while back, unfortunately its not on Youtube but if you happen to come across the ROH DVD that has that match I suggest you pick it up,

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 22:07:13

At 6/14/06 09:59 PM, LordKooler wrote: I just found another great wrestling match. It's Dave Meltzer's first five star match from 2006 and it's the third Ring of Honor match to get five stars. Samoa Joe vs CM Punk from Joe vs. Punk II and Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi from Joe vs Kobashi are the other ROH matches that got five stars from Dave Meltzer.

I just checked and the Samoa Joe vs Kenta match is also on Google so you probably check that one out too. And a question is Colt Cabana any good I've heard nothing but good things about him but I've haven't seen any of his matches yet.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 22:37:55

At 6/14/06 10:07 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 6/14/06 09:59 PM, LordKooler wrote:
And a question is Colt Cabana any good I've heard nothing but good things about him but I've haven't seen any of his matches yet.

Colt is a great wrestler, and I used to have a site where you could download a ton of matches. The site had a few Colt Cabana one's on there, and if I find it, I'll post it.

XBL GT: ELTON JOHN 1111

ALSO, DICKS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 22:41:57

Here it is.

Enjoy.

XBL GT: ELTON JOHN 1111

ALSO, DICKS.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-14 23:03:01

At 6/14/06 10:41 PM, -CM- wrote: Here it is.

Enjoy.

Matt Hardy vs Christopher Daniels?? Sounds interesting... Thanks for the link.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 00:03:02

The Sci Fi Channel issued the following press release this evening:

SCI FI CHANNEL PINS THE COMPETITION WITH ECW'S TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO TELEVISION

'ECW' IS THE #1 CABLE PROGRAM FOR THE DAY IN TOTAL VIEWERS

SCI FI IS #1 IN CABLE FOR KEY DEMOS AT 10PM

NEW YORK June 14, 2006 SCI FI Channel premiered 'ECW' ('Extreme Championship Wrestling') last night and was the ratings victor in the 10pm hour. The return of 'ECW' with a sci-fi twist delivered a 2.79 HH and was the most-watched show on cable drawing almost 3.4 million total viewers.

The show was #1 among the key demos bringing in 1.89MM P18-49 and 1.68MM P25-54 from 10p-11p. This performance represents gains of +457% among P18-49 and +347% among P25-54 versus its prior four week time period average.

Key Ratings Performance Points:

--'ECW' on SCI FI is the best performance for any program on the network this year on P18-49s and the best P25-54 performance since the season premiere of 'Battlestar Galactica' on 1/6/06.

--'ECW' on SCI FI beat an original episode of FX's 'Rescue Me' by +14% among P18-49s and +3% among P25-54s.

--'ECW' on SCI FI delivered the all-time best June performance for any program on SCI FI in both P18-49s and P25-54s, and ranks #1 among all SCI FI 2nd quarter programs ever for P18-49 delivery.

--The median viewer age for 'ECW' on SCI FI was 32.3 -- sixteen years younger than the 2nd quarter to date time period average of 48.4.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com. and corporate.wwe.com.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 85 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

Blockbusters? lol! House of the Dead is a blockbuster? Now that the show is so successful, maybe sci-fi will keep it's hands off of it. Or maybe USA will want it, or maybe I'll stop myself right here before I allow myself to believe it's gonna get any better only to be sadly disappointed again. I would like to offer a hearty "fuck you" to everybody who said ECW couldn't draw an audience, to The Deliverance Channel because last night proved what ECW can bring if you fucking PROMOTE it. But yeah, if content dosen't get drastically better soon, Sci-Fi can kiss all these dramatic gains goodbye, as can WWE. Let Paul E. book the fucking show you dimwits?! How fucking hard is that?!

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 10:35:21

Well at least anonymous wrestler spoke about how terrible ECW was...

The backstage reaction to the debut of ECW on Sci-Fi is even worse than how most fans reacted. One wrestler said "I don't get why they don't get it. They're trying to fake it. There's no way Paul Heyman would have written that crap."

What makes him say that Heyman didn't write it? Was it The Zombie?? The Vampire?? or the girl who wasted about 10 minutes of a one hour show (that's 10%) saying she would get naked even though we all knew she wouldn't?

I said a while back, Avie said a while back all Vince has to do is let Heyman do his thing, Vince just has to realize that if he gives Heyman his space he's going to make the WWE a ton of money and at the end of the day that's all Mcmahon cares about.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 10:45:01

At 6/15/06 10:35 AM, pepeatumi wrote: The backstage reaction to the debut of ECW on Sci-Fi is even worse than how most fans reacted. One wrestler said "I don't get why they don't get it. They're trying to fake it. There's no way Paul Heyman would have written that crap."

Its good to see that people inside the business feel like that. I wonder how high up it goes though.

What makes him say that Heyman didn't write it? Was it The Zombie?? The Vampire?? or the girl who wasted about 10 minutes of a one hour show (that's 10%) saying she would get naked even though we all knew she wouldn't?

It would be 10% if there were 100 mins in an hour :P Its more like 16%, which is even worse.

I said a while back, Avie said a while back all Vince has to do is let Heyman do his thing, Vince just has to realize that if he gives Heyman his space he's going to make the WWE a ton of money and at the end of the day that's all Mcmahon cares about.

Apparently not, otherwise he would make good business related decisions. Staying on air for months after promising a GM seems more like he is just interested in having his ego stroked, and getting attention. It all seems to be about his own pleasure rather than entertainment for the masses.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 11:07:08

At 6/14/06 09:59 PM, LordKooler wrote: I just found another great wrestling match. It's Dave Meltzer's first five star match from 2006 and it's the third Ring of Honor match to get five stars. Samoa Joe vs CM Punk from Joe vs. Punk II and Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi from Joe vs Kobashi are the other ROH matches that got five stars from Dave Meltzer.

thats a lot of joe. Thanks, I'l have to check these out too.. damn those deathmatches were brutal.

so dispite how awful it was ECW did great ratings wise. I have a feeling that won't be the case next week since the average fan might think that the rest of it's shows will be like what they saw last week.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 11:18:02

Aren't ratings basically based on how good the show was the week before? If the last show was awesome, like ONS, then its going to get huge ratings, but people who watched it this week, will probably only tune in on it next week to see whether its going to any better.
That's when we'll see how bad this weeks was.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 11:51:03

At 6/13/06 01:52 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: actually I loved the re-cap and thought it was hilarious! As for who does what review, I don't think anyone really minds if more than one person does a review of something, snce each will have a different view and opinion of what went down, making it interesting when you compare. So go ahead and do reviews to your hearts content.
So.. yeah sorry for not commenting earlier on it. Awesome job as always. And don't worry Red, your reviews are good too and as I kinda stated just because Eagle here beat you to it, doesn't mean you can't do a review of your own.

Thanks for the support, Outlaw!

At 6/13/06 11:46 AM, pepeatumi wrote: What are you kidding? Of course your recap was great, besides it would be good to have two different recaps we could use two different styles.

I agree. I talked to Redface about this over PM, and we're each going to do our own recap in our own styles. Looking at his WWE vs. ECW recap, I see we're in for a treat.

Founder of the Elite Guard Barracks [ Thread ] [ Forums ] Sig by ByteSlinger

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 12:07:37

A bit of news...

Source: PWTorch Newsletter

Excluding his beer drinking antics on camera, Sandman is said to have heavily cut down on his drinking in general. He also seems to have lost a lot of weight during his time away, and is now in much better physical shape.

Its good to see Sanman taking this whole thing seriously but if ECW keep on sucking he'll probably go back to drinking again... let's hope that doesn't happen.

Despite being booked as a more 'edgy' character as of late, there are no plans for
John Cena to turn heel any time soon.

However there are plans to let Cena put on some more dumb-lookin faces while he does something "edgy". BTW Cena may now be "edgy" but he's still crap and his promos have gotten worse every week.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 12:21:36

At 6/14/06 10:41 PM, -CM- wrote: Here it is.

Enjoy.

Hey!! There's an "Other" section of matches and in it is Punk-Joe II I've said it before and its a grea match so everyone here should definitely check it out.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 15:06:58

I see my Fantasy wrestling hasn't attracted much of a crowd here, oh well, If I don't get a few new people in about 6 weeks, I'm going to put this project at the back of my mind... either way, well, err... whatever, nevermind...

Reason for ban: Do not as for pirated copies of programs. <3 Enoll << Thanks for the love. <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 15:10:12

At 6/15/06 12:07 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Excluding his beer drinking antics on camera, Sandman is said to have heavily cut down on his drinking in general. He also seems to have lost a lot of weight during his time away, and is now in much better physical shape.

I can vouch for that. Sandman looks to be in the best shape I've seen him since about November of 2000 when ECW was shutting down. He had really made an effort then to lose the gut, and add some muscle. It looks like he's serious here, and I can't blame him, this is probably his last shot at the big bucks. As for the not drinking as much, I'm also not surprised, the secret of his drinking was always that, according to Sandman, he'd drive to the arena's all the time with Fonzie (Bill Alfonso, who is scheduled to manage both RVD and Sabu in the new ECW at some point). Fonzie was obssesed with getting to the arena's like, 5 hours or so before the show, so Sandman would sit around with nothing to do but drink until the show started.

As far as the ratings, I think the bottom line on why it was so high is because WWE like most other people have totally understimated how big the ECW audience is. WWE I think really feels that ECW played to a small audience in some dilapidated bingo halls, and nobody really cared, nevermind the fact that WWE was at it's most successful when they were swiping talent and concepts from this company. I personally don't mind so much if WWE wants to publicly downplay the company, and act like they're going to ressurect the brand and bring it more viewers then it could ever have dreamed of, but privately, they need to acknowledge that Paul E. knew what he was doing (The man was named a master marketer in 99 or 2000 for fuck's sake!!!) and let him write the kind of product that will please the ECW audience, and see if it'll catch fire with the average fan as well. But I doubt it'll happen, because Vince always know's best, even when he dosen't know shit.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 16:34:14

can i join? I love wwe and hope it never ends. what the hell do u think vince was smoking wen he made shane gm of raw? DOWN WITH McMAHON! UP WITH HORSE CRAp! it could do a better job than shane could hope to do!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 18:29:46

Hey guys, I have a question, can I actually watch ECW even though I'm in Canada because I don't think I have the Sci Fi channel, what should I do?

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 18:34:48

At 6/15/06 06:29 PM, MegaGold wrote: Hey guys, I have a question, can I actually watch ECW even though I'm in Canada because I don't think I have the Sci Fi channel, what should I do?

That's a good question but I don't have an answer it seems not even the WWE was sure as to where ECW would air in Canada.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 19:35:03

First of all... Joey Styles has named his Most Extreme Player of the week.

Most Extreme Player for 6/15
By Joey Styles
June 15, 2006

Effective with the world premiere of ECW on Sci Fi, ECW.com has asked me to choose a weekly ECW MVP (Most Valuable Player) or, in my words, an ECW MEP (Most Extreme Player).

This week’s ECW M.E.P. is without question The Zombie. The Zombie’s riveting entrance, intensity and pre-match interview embodied everything I have come to expect from sports-entertainment.

The Zombie immediately made this lifelong wrestling fan conjure up images of such other sports-entertainment greats as Max Moon, The Goon and The Gobbledygooker.

Unfortunately, former 5-time ECW World Heavyweight Champion, The Sandman, did not find The Zombie nearly as entertaining as did I and summarily caned the undead sports-entertainer repeatedly before quickly pinning The Zombie after his signature White Russian Leg Sweep.

Runner-up honors go to new ECW “exhibitionist”, Kelly, who I deemed ineligible when she failed to unhook her bra.

And a bit more on the backstage reaction about ECW's debut...

A number of people in WWE have realized that the first show was a disappointment, despite the excellent rating. They have realized that rating wasn't drawn off of the show however more to that people wanted to see the debut of the third brand.

Sources close to the ECW situation have said that even Vince McMahon realized the show stunk, however he didn't really sell it to anyone. A lot of pressure is on WWE now to make the second show better. The word is that they will have the audience again who will be giving it a second chance before tuning out for good.

Even Vince realized it stunk?? Maybe this will make him realize that he should just let Paul Heyman do his thing and let him be in complete control of the ECW brand.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 19:37:35

At 6/15/06 06:29 PM, MegaGold wrote: Hey guys, I have a question, can I actually watch ECW even though I'm in Canada because I don't think I have the Sci Fi channel, what should I do?

Yeah, as pep pointed out, WWE does not seem to have ECW's canadian tv situation worked out yet, but it is a priority for them. If I hear anything, I'll definitely let you know.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 20:28:57

Here are some Samoa Joe matches that you guys should watch.

Austin Aries vs Samoa Joe for the ROH Championship from Final Battle 2004.

Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi from Joe vs Kobashi. A Dave Meltzer five star match.

I hope you guys enjoy those matches. Did anyone watch the DoFixer vs Blood Generation Six man tag team match yet?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 20:35:31

Sorry, The link I posted for the Joe vs Kobashi match is an incorrect link. Here is the correct link.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-06-15 20:44:38

Well, I'm currently trying to watch that DoFixer vs. Blood Generation match. It takes a while to download, so yeah.

So, does anyone know the fate of ECW as of now? And does anyone have spoilers to SmackDown? Just wondering...

BTW, who do you think they'll bring in for Kevin Nash's match tonight on TNA? Cuz, he did say that he wanted to wrestle a "Sabin type wrestler"...so I was just wondering, any ideas as to who it might be?

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.

sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature