00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lucas1995ish just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,535,827 Views | 29,941 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-20 08:33:30

Him going to SD might be a good idea, but they will probably team him up back with Rhodes when he gets back. Of course when he does return he'll have a fued with Orton waiting since that would make the most sense.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-20 17:15:18

At 11/20/08 08:33 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Him going to SD might be a good idea, but they will probably team him up back with Rhodes when he gets back. Of course when he does return he'll have a fued with Orton waiting since that would make the most sense.

He will be Orton's jobbing bitch if he feuds with him. I think that the sooner they end the Orton angle, the better it is for him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-20 19:38:31

Does anyone know when YOU-MAN-GUH is comin back for sure? I miss him in the ring and I really REALLY wanna see him as the indestructible monster again.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-20 20:04:52

At 11/20/08 07:38 PM, PantyWipe wrote: Does anyone know when YOU-MAN-GUH is comin back for sure? I miss him in the ring and I really REALLY wanna see him as the indestructible monster again.

I heard that he was coming back in December. Knowing HHH's super ego, Umaga will probably be his jobbing bitch for the WWE title.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-20 23:32:16

At 11/20/08 08:04 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: I heard that he was coming back in December. Knowing HHH's super ego, Umaga will probably be his jobbing bitch for the WWE title.

Wouldn't surprise me. Kozlov is probably a one off kind of opponent...or maybe they'll wind up sacrificing Umaga to him to build Koz for the re-match...either scenario is just an utter waste from where I sit. Umaga vs. Undertaker could really be something though.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 02:18:57

At 11/20/08 11:32 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: Umaga vs. Undertaker could really be something though.

I would actually pay money for one of WWF's recent shitty PPV's just for that one match. Even if it was the lowest of the undercard matches.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 08:33:35

I'm probably going to miss SD tonight, but I'll read about it tomorrow if I do. I too would like to see Umaga and Undertaker got at it a few times. WWE needs a good monster within it's ranks and he fits the bill nicely.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 11:28:34

At 11/21/08 08:33 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I'm probably going to miss SD tonight, but I'll read about it tomorrow if I do. I too would like to see Umaga and Undertaker got at it a few times. WWE needs a good monster within it's ranks and he fits the bill nicely.

The Undertaker jobs to nobody. Unfortunately, the creative team buried Umaga and made him a jobber to the stars. Now he has a long way to recover his dominance. I do not want to see him anywhere near HHH and The Undertaker until he has been re-established as a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 13:29:08

At 11/21/08 12:29 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Apart from Jeff Hardy last week?

Big Show distracted him. When was the last time The Undertaker lost cleanly? Like a year ago?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 15:39:29

At 11/21/08 02:03 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Fair point. I suppose it has been a while.

The WWE built Umaga as a monster and had him going undefeated for months then got him destroyed twice by Cena. Umaga's monster push died mercilessly when he jobbed to Cena cleanly at NYR 2007. With the way how he has been booked since that PPV, he has no chance in hell against Taker and the feud will onlyt end up further burying him.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 16:48:37

At 11/21/08 11:28 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 11/21/08 08:33 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I'm probably going to miss SD tonight, but I'll read about it tomorrow if I do. I too would like to see Umaga and Undertaker got at it a few times. WWE needs a good monster within it's ranks and he fits the bill nicely.
The Undertaker jobs to nobody.

Cept for the great kahli when he squashed taker. That was disturbing to watch, I really couldnt believe taker got stomped out by him like that.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 22:46:56

At 11/21/08 04:58 PM, Basspro55 wrote: I wonder what the regal GM act would of been like

He has been the GM of RAW before and it was awesome. He should be the GM of SD! once he is done with wrestling.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 23:12:13

At 11/21/08 10:46 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: He has been the GM of RAW before and it was awesome. He should be the GM of SD! once he is done with wrestling.

Just any sort of on-air role they can find for him when he's done as an active wrestler would be good. The man has very good personality.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-21 23:36:41

Soo.. what did you think of tonights Smackdown? I thought it was ok. Jeff Hardy/HHH match was good and the Matt/R-truth vs Mark/Shelton was good also. The Divas match was so-so, but there is a lot of possibilities for the twins. Larry/Festus vs John/Miz was ok also. I liked Undertakers part though. I give it a 7.5/10. You?

Visit my profile!

Huge WWE fan, PM me about it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-22 03:23:38

At 11/21/08 11:51 PM, VeridisQuo wrote:
At 11/21/08 11:45 PM, VeridisQuo wrote: You guys still watch wrestling?
Sorry, that came out wrong.

Just curios.

OF COURSE we still do! Wrestling is one of the best sports there is. Sure the outcome is scripted and the majority of the punches are pulled, but it still takes a lot of talent, both from the performers and the people whom write the storylines. Sure its a "Male soap opera" and "its fake", but its EXTREMELY entertaining. And people get hurt a LOT, due to some of the amazing spots during matches. Thats sort of a testament to the hard work these people bring to us every Monday.
I always assumed Id grow out of liking it, but I started watching at 2 years old back in 1986 and now, 22 years later, here I am, yet to've grown out of my WWF phase lol.

On a side note, this is BY FAR the greatest response to someone saying wrestling is fake, OF ALL FUCKING TIME.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-22 06:33:51

I am enjoying watching TNA right now.
Right now.

I have always been a fan of big stable wars.
I like it.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-22 11:10:32

The ECW guys sure are getting a lot of air time. Miz and Morrison were on all three shows this week. I guess that is to compensate for those who don't get the sci fi channel.

So Jeff has been added to the title bout at the PPV. Think WWE will actually have the title change hands? In this match HHH doesn't have to be pinned to lose the belt so either Vladmir or Jeff could get it, though I really don't think thats the best idea.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 10:55:24

It's too early to say exactly but if its what we all think it is, thats strike three for Jeff Hardy. I don't expect him to win tonight.

I agree that MVP really needs to come out on top tonight. I'd like him to be the last peson left on team JBL and be able to pull off the win.

Cena's probably going to win tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 11:05:06

According to PWInsider, the Jeff Hardy thing is likely a storyline thing. I don't get how they'll use this for the PPV, they may as well have just not put Hardy into the match.
Unless they're doing the everyone thinking Jeff took drugs thing and then he comes back in the middle of the Kozlov/HHH fight and reveals he was attacked by one of the two.
They sure have got more gutsy in exploiting Jeff's drug problems though, huh.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 12:21:11

At 11/23/08 06:46 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: IMPORTANT: Firstly, I'd like to bring all your attention to THIS.

The fact that is part of the PPV coverage and not on the out of character parts of the sites (like where releases are annouced) makes me think that it is not a real incident.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 13:03:45

At 11/23/08 11:05 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: According to PWInsider, the Jeff Hardy thing is likely a storyline thing. I don't get how they'll use this for the PPV, they may as well have just not put Hardy into the match.

Apparently several rasslin' sites across the 'net are making claim that Edge will ultimately end up the culprit. This makes up for some very interesting possibilities, some possible, some just created in my hopeful mind...

1. Commence feuding. Yeah, this would make perfect sense, being's Edge has been out for a while, he'll need to come back and fight someone. This would be the opportunity to get Jeff out of the title hunt and into a great, NEW rivalry. And who knows... further down the line, maybe one of these two will be defending the title against the other.

2. Jeff picks up the title tonight. Though this is probably one of the most nonsensical things I've ever thought of, it could kind of work, almost. Give Jeff the title as sort of a "test run" mode, then have him drop it to Edge at the next PPV. Several thwarted attempts from Trips to get his title back has him feuding with Koslov.

3. Edge needs a way to take down La Familia - or more specifically, Vickie. 'Taker takes out Show tonight, while Edge takes out Hardy (who won the Extreme Rules against 'Taker). Edge and Taker would form sort of an "alliance" due to a common goal, and Taker goes for this saying something about how Edge has been sent to hell and seen some kind of darkness or whatever, and has been changed. This allows Taker to agree to let Edge do his bidding for him.

As silly as that whole last scenario sounded, this is actually what I'd like to see. Why not have a little vintage throwback into the mix? I mean come on; Edge and 'Taker? It's got Attitude-era written all over it.

The first scenario, though, is most likely the ultimate outcome. I heard the talk that when Edge comes back he won't be immediately feuding with 'Taker, so it would make sense to put him in a feud with Hardy. That would be a great way for Edge to have his snide, snake-like comeback, and a good way to rub Hardy off the title scene.

Whatever happens, though, I'm just really hopeful that this will end up being Edge's doing, as when he left we were seeing more of a hardcore, insane, Brood-style Edge. No more of this Rated-R crap - bring Edge back and bring him back in a big way.

domestic violence can be funny too!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 15:31:22

At 11/23/08 12:21 PM, Shaun wrote: The fact that is part of the PPV coverage and not on the out of character parts of the sites (like where releases are annouced) makes me think that it is not a real incident.

Jeff has fucked up multiple times. Knowing that he is a person who never learns from mistakes, it was probably strike three. He is done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 15:52:49

At 11/23/08 03:31 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: it was probably strike three. He is done.

Unlikely. The message on WWE.com screams work. The last part "how will this effect SS" or whatever it says is pretty much a dead giveaway.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 16:40:24

WWE posted an upate saying Jeff has been released from the hospital. Which means if it was real, they would already have an urine sample analyzed and Jeff would be gone. I really don't this is real, but it is too early to be 100 percent on anything.

As a stunt, I do like the angle that Edge is behind it. I think it would be cool to see him take on a darker persona.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 20:16:40

It's more than likely a way for Edge to be brought back into the picture. This could set up a Jeff/Edge fued and will put Edge back into the main event possible against HHH. I'm not sure if Hardy will actually compete tonight so it will be interesting to see what WWE will do with Edge and Hardy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 21:37:08

Here are my predictions for the rest of the night, i have not been active at all here i know i will try to be again.

Casket Match: Undertaker vs. Big Show - The Survivor Series has been important to the careers of both of these men as they both won their first WWE Championship at this event and the Undertaker made his debut at this show. In recent years, Undertaker has not been successful in these specialty matches at this show. In the past five years, he has lost a Hell in a Cell match to Batista, a First Blood Match to Mr. Kennedy, and a Buried Alive Match to Vince McMahon. He lost all three of those matches due to outside interference. I see that history being repeated and Big Show winning due to someone's interference. My guess is that someone is waiting in that coffin and will attack the Undertaker when he opens it. I really hope that we will be seeing the return of Edge. He has a DVD set coming out next month and I would think that the WWE would like to have him back on TV to promote it. Predicted Winner: Big Show

WWE Championship Match: Champion Triple H vs. Vladimir Kozlov and potentially Jeff Hardy - Whether or not Jeff Hardy will be in this match will be determined on Friday night. The match took place over a week ago and I have to admit that I know how it ends. Since this site is non-spoiler, I'm not going to state what will happen and instead will provide my prediction under two different scenarios. I ask that if you post a comment about this match prior to Friday night that you do the same as to not ruin Friday's show for your fellow readers. If the match turns out to be a one-on-one battle between Triple H and Kozlov, I see Triple H retaining the title via pin fall. If Hardy gets added to the match, then I see him winning the title by beating Kozlov and setting off another round of his feud with Triple H with Triple H saying that Jeff still can't beat him in a title match. Predicted Winner: Hardy or Triple H depending on what happens Friday night

World Heavyweight Championship: Champion Chris Jericho vs. John Cena - If this match wasn't in Boston, I'd easily say that Cena would win the title. However, the WWE has a history of wrestlers getting humiliated in their hometown. Whether it was Bret in Canada in '97, Jim Ross joining Vince's special club in Oklahoma, Cena losing to Edge at SummerSlam '06 in Boston, or Cena beating Edge in Toronto the following month. Since Cena already lost a high profile match in his hometown in the recent past, I'd say give this one to Cena to make the hometown fans as happy as they were when the Celtics won the NBA Championship a few months ago in the same building. Predicted Winner: John Cena

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 22:09:17

EDGE is the wwe champion !!!!

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 22:52:58

Overall a lackluster PPV. Both titles changed hands, though in Cena's case I just wonder for how long.

Edge winning the title put him in a new light for me. Kinda shit how Jeff got the 'ole screwjob, but really the only thing him being in the match would have done is given it a little more watchability before Trips retained.

AGAIN.

Though with the way things were left, I really thought Edge would be in kind of an "exile" state, wanting to take down Vickie. The good? New champ. Finally. The bad? Gah... Edge / Vickie again? Dear lord...

Cena winning? Yeah... so long as there's no belt redesign involved, I really don't mind. He'll drop it in the next month or two come his next injury. Is it just me or is Cena REALLY accident-prone?

Wow, anyway, back on track. So really, who do you guys think will be the one to take the belt away from Cena? He's sure got a long line waiting for him... Also, you can't help but wonder if Stephanie will play a role in the coming weeks, potentially breaking her and Shane apart. She almost had a look of wonderment on her face after Jericho's "pep-talk" on the last RAW. Maybe...

domestic violence can be funny too!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-23 23:00:36

I'm guessing it will be Cena and Jericho at Armageddon. Then a new challenger for Royal Rumble and No Way Out. Batista will get screw out of a title shot at thr Rumble, but will go on to win the Rumble itself. Cena vs Batista II at Wrestlemania. Just a thought though.

So from the way Jeff interfered in the match, I'm going to say that they aren't going with the "Edge did it" angle?

Have both titles switched hands on the same night anytime recently? I can't recall when the last time this happened was.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2008-11-24 00:24:37

I think the finish of the WWE title match was great!

But that's because I really enjoyed the Edge and Vicki stuff and felt like there was still legs left in La Familia before they cut it off. It also creates a situation where H will have to work his way back into a title shot with Edge (which is really how the first time they hooked up should have been handled). I think this is a tremendously good idea for SD!...while RAW did the exactly predictable thing. They wonder why ratings tank? Seriously? Ugh.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature